AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Health] Do your gums bleed when you brush it ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#41 lordie

lordie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:08 AM

keep on brushing en pay more attention on places where it bleeds. the bleeding will stop if you brush your gums better. but don't avoid places where it bleeds.

#42 nimsaj

nimsaj

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

yeah mine bleed too. but now it doesn't bleed as much

#43 mailam

mailam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:29 PM

Yes, its true that when your gums bleed it means that its dirty and full of
bacteria and needs to brush more deeply.

#44 miathestrange

miathestrange

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

this used to happen to me too.. i think its because your gums are too dirty..thats why.. so i brush well now

#45 kinky

kinky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

this always happen to me .. i also donno how to cure it.. i tried to brush it lightly, hope it does help..

#46 Koogum

Koogum

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

You may be either brushing too hard or that your gums needs a bit more cleaning. Try using a soft head toothbrush and brush your gums everytime you brush your teeth.

#47 Wordplay

Wordplay

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:07 PM

Xylitol gum can also do wonders after a dinner. And every morning when your mouth feels like acid.

As a bonus, you also get a sparkling white smile if you do it rite. :D

#48 gaijai

gaijai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:32 PM

this happened to me before. that was back then when i was younger and it's a sign i have cavities.

#49 samo147

samo147

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:49 PM

yeah, i think its a sign of gum disease like everyone else.

My gums used to bleed when i flossed and it used to hurt pretty bad after i flossed. But i continued with flossing after i brushed my teeth and i use listerine too. Now my gums dont hurt after and dont bleed after. It feels really good actually having clean teeth. It try to take care of them as best as i can. I do not want dentures early in my life.

Speak with your dentist i could also be something else causing the bleeding.

#50 ngonwww

ngonwww

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:28 PM

I believe you should go to dentist and get his opionion why your gums bleed when you brush it. It could be perondontis diease (gum diease) which you should look at.

#51 Serena226

Serena226

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:39 PM

Many people while brushing their teeth realizes their gums start to bleed, it might not hurt but the blood just starts glushing. This problem occurs because you have something call "RED GUMS" and this usually occurs because your gums could be easily damage because its soo sensitive and the cure for this is to use more tooth paste or brush lightly and then rinse with warm water. Hope that helped many people with this problem.

my gum is bleeding everytime i brush and i can't help it and i dont' think using more toothpaste would help but i would try flossing.

#52 Sacreble

Sacreble

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:52 PM

I'm not sure...but I think that the gums start to bleed because 1. you have brushed to hard 2. you got sensitive gums byt that it means that your gums...are dirty. So if you know that the problem isn't that you brush too hard..then try to brush the gums everyday even though it bleeds. Eventually they will stop bleeding.

#53 Starry Skies

Starry Skies

LEE MINHO♥♥♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:26 AM

yeah it used to when i used Oral B toothbrushes. but now i use Colgate's toothbrushes and my gums dont bleed anymore. i think cuz Colgate's toothbrushes are much softer.

#54 deathnight287

deathnight287

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

sometimes my gum would bleed wen i brush it. i think it is because i brush my teeth too hard which make it hurt a lot. sometimes it could be the dirty things tat is in my mouth which make it bleed.

#55 xcutie

xcutie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:53 AM

to prevent gum bleeding, brush ur gums everytime you brush ur teeth. like don't just brush ur teeth surface.. and floss daily to toughen up the gums.

#56 dan168

dan168

Go Eagles!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

You need to go dentist and get them to clean your teeth. I used to bleed everytime I brush my teeth. Dentists tells me we need to get our teeth cleaned/washed at least once a year! After I had my teeth cleaned, I stopped bleeding whenever i brushed my teeth. I will go back there later this year and get it cleaned again.

#57 haloz7

haloz7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:43 AM

hmm, my brother and my cousin had the same problem...

its usually a sign that ur teeth/gums are dirty and so your gums are extra sensitive because of the gunk...my brother had to get a root canal because his situation was more serious, pretty much cleaned out everything

if you dont want to put yourself through dental torture and financial torture, i suggest u simply start brushing ur teeth lightly, but more often, lay off the sugary drinks, and floss your teeth more...if your gums are swolen, then its probably the first sign that your gums/teeth need more cleaning

#58 b r e n d a

b r e n d a

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

i use to have bloody gums...^^..but because i brush with a soft brush thing...it doesn't bleed even if i use a harder brush.

#59 tanyl78

tanyl78

SuperStar!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

i read from the newspaper that it might be an indication of gum diseases.. it's better to consult the dentist...

#60 x_Irene/Xiaowei_x

x_Irene/Xiaowei_x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:28 AM

mine gums bleeds very easily..
Not i brush too hard..
Cos my gums are not very good..
Sensitive to things..
Brush and All the bleed comes out liao..
But i didn't feel any pain..

#61 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

week gums? not much opinion on that one... but maybe u brush too hard? if its not that, better check out the dentist once in a while...

#62 onionplc

onionplc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:03 AM

sometimes my gum bleeds when i brush. i don whether its due to sensitive ggums or the fact that i neve visited the dentist for don noe how many years. :P

#63 W3S2H3

W3S2H3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:52 AM

Should'a consult your dentist or even GP if that happens cos that's kinda abnormal to normal people. Either there's problem with your gums, or the way you brush and the brush type you used is incorrect...

#64 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

I your gums bleed when you brush it, it means you have gingivitis. This is a gum disease. It is caused by improper brushing and not flossing. Flossing is important because it gets rid of the food stuck inbetween. If you don't floss you are neglecting 25% of your teeth. Gingivitis can cause your teeth to fall out if left untreated.

#65 Linda Shirley Sheh

Linda Shirley Sheh

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1146 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:51 AM

its an earl sign of gingivitis or
you are brushing too hard nothe gums- its a circular motion that you are supposed to brush not like you are scrubbing your teeth

#66 Isabell

Isabell

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

u might have gingivitis, inflammation of the gum. U need to brush properly, use floss and mouth wash. And regular visits to dentist.

#67 dchengg

dchengg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:33 AM

when you brush it, do not plane the tooth brush right on the teeth, youre suppose to brush at a 45degrees angle. (saw it on a poster at the dentist) and dont brush so hard. To test if youre brushing too hard or too light, try this: place the toothbrush on your wrist and then brush lightly until it feels correct.

#68 cool_kitty

cool_kitty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

I thought bleeding gums when you cleaned them occurred only when you dont' brush your teeth enough or something like that

#69 Leaf671

Leaf671

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:29 PM

I hate it when my gums bleed after i brush my teeth it's hurts!

#70 MMCafe

MMCafe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. I always wondered how to deal with in these kind of situation

#71 charng

charng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:55 AM

yeah, my dentist said i need to brush my gum more often because its dirty

#72 Cherrilicious LaLa

Cherrilicious LaLa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:24 PM

doesnt that mean u hav plaque?? well if thats it, then floss every one of ur teeth n use mouthwash everynite

#73 catbone

catbone

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:06 PM

To prevent the gum to bleed you need to keep your teeth clean. If you floss more then when you brush your teeth your gums would not bleed.

#74 Snipe2Death

Snipe2Death

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

Just continue the way you do brushing. Sometimes its like that but it helps clean the teeth and get rid of the tars.

#75 edlim12

edlim12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

my gums used to bleed when i brush it. but now its gone. dont know why but yeah. guess it'll go after a while. if not see a dentist...

#76 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

this happens to me when i get a new toothbrush, but after a while it goes away. Also try not to brush too hard, after a while your gums will recede and that's not good.

#77 Rukawa

Rukawa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:44 PM

ok this is bad cus mine bleeds not only when i brush my teeth , but when i chew on food as well. and i havent been to the dentist since i was a kid , and im now 19 ... trip to the dentist soon i guess.

#78 exdevlin

exdevlin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

Generally, you have to use a little more toothpaste, and probably brush lighter. Also try to find a very very soft brush to use.

#79 th1s_sweet

th1s_sweet

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1924 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:42 AM

It's cause of dirty gums.. that used to happen to me all the time before.. but the dentist told me to brush cleaner and use floss and it stopped.