mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Ron Ng responds to Francis Ng's comments

Francis Ng stated in a radio interview, that while filming "Triumph in the skies" he gave guidance to a newcomer. However the newcomer replied by saying "It's none of your business". Ron Ng clarified that the person he mentioned about wasn't him. He says "I was a newcomer and he was an actor who had won best actor awards, I wouldn't dare to respond like that. He gave me useful advice, if I didn't perform well, he would tell me.

#122 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:12 AM

Credit: Myolie Baidu, Myolie Wu Forum

Gallen stood up for Myolie

Gallen stood up for Myolie against Francis

Gallen is back to TVB to film When a dog loves a cat. Last week’s ratings was 29 points and it won 182,000 people watching, not bad at all. Francis不 知 攞 景 还 是 赠 兴 (haha..anyone know to translate this?), said that there was an actress who complained to him that acting requires relationship, not the skills. Hence, Myolie was thought to be the actress that he was referring to.

However, Myolie’s response was neutral. Francis’s kick and with all the negative comments, she did not bother at all, “can’t expect everyone to like you”. Gallen commented that she is very hardworking in acting but used the wrong strength. However, he felt unfair for her, and pointed out that Francis built his own happiness on other’s sadness and suffering. Unlike Myolie, who is understanding and courageously face everyone’s different criticism and comments.

Second Article:

Myolie see Gallen as a big brother, but as for Francis whom she worked with for TITS, has commented on a tv show that the new artistes now don't know how to act. He also said that when TITS was filmed, there was an actres who complaimed that acting has to be based on relationship, not the skills. When this topic was discussed, before Myolie could speak, Gallen already felt unfair for her.

Gallen: Francis really has character...he will unknowingly build his happiness on other people's suffering, i also understand him, we know each other well (i think they are close), haha! i feel that Myolie is a very strong person, and everyone has a process, just like Francis said, there are a lot of newbies who doesn't act well, but in the past, we all went through of the process of being newbies too. its only in the past, technology aren't so advance whereas now, there will be many internet voices. Everyone should be understanding and tolerant when they look at this topic because sometimes, the successful of a character in a drama is dependent on many factors, luck is also one of it.

i remember Chow Yun fat said this before, Artiste must meet a good script, if not, no matter how good they are, it is no use. Every artiste has a growing process, Myolie is willing to face different voices to reflect, to accept and to be tolerant towards certain people. Maybe some are very offensive and demanding, but it is okay, afterall, 做 人 修 为 都 系 自 己 既 (i'm not very sure, i think it meant: being a person is more or less just being themselves? its not a bad comment), many things will past quickly, most importantly is doing the thing wholeheartedly.

Myolie: And artistes are very 被 动, if the company wants you to do, you can't don't do right? there is no choice at all.

#123 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:02 AM

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: kingkongit27 @ asianuniverse

Francis Ng's wife gives birth to a baby boy

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Francis Ng and his wife Wong Lai Ping

Congratulations to Francis Ng who finally became a father. His wife Wong Lai Ping successfully gave birth to a baby boy a day ago. Francis took soup to the hospital to visit his mother and his son. He smiled and said that his son had both his wife and his own features, very cute. As for problems with milk powders recently, Francis said that he wasn't worried and had plans to reserve enough baby food.

Francis and his wife have been married for 6 years. They have always hoped to have their own children. Finally their dreams came true. His wife gave birth to their son in a private hospital and sources claimed that their son is very chubby, has lots of hair and cried loudly.

Will ask a Fengshui Master to help name his son

Yesterday at 3pm, Francis carried a thermo Soup flask and 2 bags while leaving the private ward. Not sure whether it was because it was his first time becoming a father, but he appeared quite clumsy. When he discovered there were reporters present he reacted with a big shock, but still smiled and was very friendly. Afterwards, he accepted a phone interview. He said "I have just returned from Beijing" (Which day did your wife give birth?) "I don't know, I have just returned, Cheung Dat Ming and my mother sent my wife to hospital. I have seen my baby, he resembles me and my wife's best features. His mouth and the bridge of his nose resembles me, whereas his nose resembles my wife. I am now busy taking care of my wife". (Have you given him an Chinese name yet?) "Not yet, I will ask a Fengshui Master to help with the name". (How is your wife's health?) "Very well".

#124 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

Francis has named his son Feynman
Wednesday October 1, 2008 Hong Kong

Posted Image

47 years old Francis Ng's wife has given birth to a baby boy on 28th. The baby weighed 8 pounds and is named Feynman. His wife is breast feeding Feynman due to the recent formula powder milk scare.

Francis was at his wife's bedside yesterday in Hong Kong Sanatorium Hospital. He brough two tubs of home made soups as well as a professional camera so that he can take some pictures of his son. He told reporters that his wife had booked a date to have a cesarean section birth (delivery by operation) but the baby was born early. He is glad that the mother and the baby are healthy. "I will let the older relatives give him a Chinese name. I named him Feynman because there was a scientist called Feynman and I find this name special. This scientist is a very romantic person. He can turn complicated things into simple things. He doesn't care about what is happening in the world and he only looks after himself. Just like me I just need to do my job well."

Source:MingPoa
Translator:dragon888 @ http://www.asianvn.com

#125 clooney_girl06

clooney_girl06

R.I.P Michael Jackson

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:51 AM

i think that he didn't meann't to say anything bad when he said about the female artist that cried to him on TITS.

#126 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=718985
http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=718986
http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=718987
Posted Image

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

"Beautiful Men Kitchen" Laughing Gor starts a fire while cooking

To promote for the Laughing Gor movie release in August, "Beautiful Cooking" had always used pretty girls as their guests, but this time the kitchen turns into "Beautiful Men Kitchen", Laughing Gor Michael Tse, Anthony Wong and Felix Wong were the guests for this special episode of Beautiful Cooking. "Laughing So" Fala Chen, Chen Shuang, Lorretta Chow, Koni Lui, Tracy Ip and Anna Yau were the cooking assistants. Francis Ng and Yuen Biao were the guest judges.

During the show, Fans were constantly shouting "Laughing Gor", Michael smiled and said that those are all his Facebook Fans. When Michael was cooking a fire emerged, he said: "You have to have the few 'kung fu skills' (cooking skills) to be able to do this! Usually when I'm at home, I often do the cooking, I really enjoy the process of cooking. I just need my family to try my cooking and feel that it tastes good, then I'll be very happy. But, recently because I'm busy filming, I don't cook as often, fortunately my wife still makes me soup to drink."

Francis Ng stuffs Anthony Wong with tofu

Film King good friends Francis and Anthony were both against each other the whole night, Anthony had his assistant Lorretta Chow and Koni Lui's help, Francis snapped back: "Michael don't use tofu because Anthony already ate all of it!" Anthony then said: "I'm used to eating 'big fish, big meat', no need to eat tofu!" Had always had opinions on what to eat, Francis was harsh on scoring the guests' creations, he described Anthony's dish as "scam chicken", when you open it theres blood all over the meat, its more like a human roast chicken! (yan yuk cha siu gai); As for Michael's chicken, it was half cooked half raw and cannot be eaten. Micahel explained: "Usually at the restaurants when I cut my chicken, it looks just like that!" Once Michael said that, Francis immediately lectured him: "You tell me which restaurant that is, if it's not cooked, you can't eat it. It's just like if you're singing and didn't memorize the lyrics, you can't sing on key, I don't even know what you want!"

#127 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:22 AM

More accusations, Francis Ng helplessly issues a legal letter to opponent
Sunday January 3, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

Francis Ng had recently been involved with a case of injuring someone. Yesterday it was reported that based on Police's investigation, it was concluded that Francis is charged of "assaulting someone" and "serious injuring someone". The Media contacted Francis to clarify the news update.

Currently busy taking care of injured wife, Francis appeared helpless after being accused of increased charges. In order to avoid stirring up even more different versions of the incident, Francis had discussed with his lawyer and decided to issue a legal letter to the other party involved in the case.

Francis said: "First, as far as the charges go, up until now there has not been any increase or decrease in charges, Police will soon have the necessary documents done. If the people has new updates to release, I do hope they show me before doing so; Second, I want to clarify that I never slapped the other party."

#128 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

Francis Ng's pleaded not guilty for assaulting case and gets bailed out
Tuesday February 9, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Takungpao

Posted Image

On January 1, 2010, Francis Ng and his wife (Wong Lai Ping) were at a bakery in Kowloon and got into an argument with a person there. During the confusion, someone claimed that Francis injured them, called the police and Francis was arrested. Yesterday the court case was held in Kowloon City Magistrates Court, where a large group of reporters came to get the coverage. Yesterday morning at approximately 9:50am, Francis appeared at the court entrance and could not avoid the media. Francis walked into the conference room to talk with his lawyer for about 15 minutes, he appeared nervous.

When Francis spoke in court, he deliberately bent over to the microphone, the judge told him that he did not need to do that as the mic can still capture his voice. Francis pleaded not guilty in court. The defending lawyer expressed that it will cost $2000-$5000 to be bailed, but was requested that he keep his travel documents for the convenience to prove that he's going overseas for work. The judge expressed that the prosecutor does not have this requirement, just need to pay $5000 for bail out fee. The next court hearing will be held on April 1st at 9am. In court, it was pointed out that one CCTV reporter recorded on video the whole incident of him assaulting the person, but yesterday the evidence was not used. The prosecutor said that they have not seen the video. After getting bailed out, Francis said as he left the court: "The CCTV clip did not imply that I assaulted anyone." He did not answer any other questions regarding the case.

#129 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:49 AM

Francis Ng sentenced HK$10,000 & have criminal record for assault case
Wednesday April 14, 2010 Hong Kong

Francis Ng (Real Name: Ng Chi Keung, 48 years old) was involved in an injury someone case in Kowloon City bakery on New Year's Eve. That night, Francis and his Singaporean wife (Wong Lai Ping) were at the bakery and got into a dispute with someone at the store. It was reported after that the person was grabbed and slapped, having to get stitches on their left ear. Francis was arrested and charged for wounding someone.

Yesterday at court, Francis was sentenced for HK$10,000 fine and has a criminal record. Yesterday afternoon at 2:20pm, Francis appeared at the court's entrance wearing a black suit with yellow shaded glasses and a LV wallet. His wife was not seen with him.

Francis' lawyer accompanied him to court and was able to lessen the offense of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. Francis appeared calm in court, when the magistrate read the case, he answered before he/she was done: "I plead guilty". The magistrate then said: "Let me finish first." The case spanned for about 20 minutes, in the end the court sentenced Francis a fine of HK$10,000 and will have a criminal record. The magistrate continued and said that as an artist, Francis should control his temperment and personal emotions. His actions were also said to be a foolish act: "learn your lesson, do not be reckless!" Fortunately there was a change in the alleged charges otherwise, Francis could have been sentenced for imprisonment. However, there was not enough evidence that could prove he was impulsive to commit the crime, so a lighter sentence was given.

In defense, the lawyer said that Francis is a successful artist, a famous figure among the Chinese. He explained, at that time the victim was verbally abusing Mrs. Ng with the use of foul language. Protecting his wife is a man's duty, Francis mistakes are forgiven. When Francis was leaving the court, a large group of reporters surrounded him, causing some confusion. The security guards had to step in to clear up the pathway, asked if he's satisfied with the sentence? Francis did not respond. Asked again, the magistrate told him to control his temperment, he only let out the sounds: "hee hee hee" as a response.

#130 dramalover369

dramalover369

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

Wait so is the girl that Francis was talking about who was crying Myolie or not, its so confusin D;
Cause none of them really admitted much
I dont think you can say its her by just saying it can't be the other two girls
someone :(
thankx!

#131 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

Francis Ng: I didn't say Myolie Wu wasn't good, just talking about S4
Sunday January 1, 2012 Hong Kong
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Francis Ng is known to be a straightforward person. Back then when he was shooting Triumph in the Skies with Myolie Wu, it was said he criticized her bad acting and this has stirred up some response. Francis: "I never said Myolie isn't good, just talking about S4!"

(Francis speaks...)

I remember in 2003, when I was shooting Triumph in the Skies for TVB, aside from Joe Ma, Flora Chan and I, at the time, the group of newcomers had many scenes opposite of me. In fact, in my standpoint, the so-called Film King/Queen or TV King/Queen level candidates all cannot have instant success. They have to go through countless cuts and polishes to get to that level. So, I have never put up any attitudes, otherwise I don't know what to do if I frighten them, but I never thought gossips could still stir up.

Back then when I was on Sandra Ng's hosted TV show, and spoke about the rising stars in TITS, I did mention a certain newcomer NGed over 30 times and someone cried. I didn't give the names, but the public just assumed the person I was talking about was Myolie Wu! Although the incident happened several years ago and it's meaningless to bring it up again, I still believe if it happened, it happened, and if not then please don't start condemning! Basically I never said anything about Myolie, just Mr. Stephen Chan and Gallen Lo mentioned it once in an interview, at the time I thought to myself: "What the heck?" I felt before making this incident public, shouldn't we confirm if it's true or not first?

As a TV host, there is a bottom line too. That is you must not give names. Why did it become like this? I really don't know, perhaps because Mr. Chan invited me to go on Be My Guest several times and I quickly declined each time! In fact, I am not suitable to go on this type of interview, but the public felt astonished by my decision. As a newcomer, there is no doubt your acting may be mediocre! But, newcomers from different generations, have a different attitude when handling things. I remember when we were newcomers, the seniors would pat our backs and encourage us to put in the effort, and one day we will succeed.

Acting is useless?

I couldn't believe that same action used on me, when I used on Myolie back then, she responded back to me in tears: "Acting is useless!" This reaction puzzled me deeply, why would an '80 After' give me this answer? Honestly, since that incident, I rarely had the opportunity to encounter Myolie again, so I don't know how she felt at the time.

But, I have also paid attention to her earlier performance in Curse of the Royal Harem, it's considered good. Continue the hard work! She finally became immersed after being in TVB for so many years and her has improved a lot.

Embarrassed Newcomers

At the time, was Myolie's acting really that bad? Not really. Actually S4 (Sammul Chan, Ron Ng, Bosco Wong, Kenneth Ma), I am not saying their acting was inferior, but it is just they were not focused and didn't arrive to the set with the script familiarized. The problem is their lines have to be interactive with mines, so I had to think of a special way to make them feel embarrassed. It is only then that they will obediently give in. I believe until this day, it was an unforgettable moment in their lives.

#132 BoscoHeart

BoscoHeart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

lol, recently reading through the old posts about TITS and how Francis said he woudn't film the sequel of TITS,
soooo happy that after 8(?) years, there will finally be a sequel WITH Francis !

Just re-watched TITS again, man,.. really missed this kind of series... since TVB's serie quality are getting lower ..

Can't wait for the sequel !!!

#133 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:05 AM

Betrayed By “Good Friends,” Francis Ng Was Arrested By Police for Theft
Thursday January 5, 2012 Hong Kong
Credits: to Jayne @ http://www.jaynestars.com

Posted Image

The entertainment industry was often regarded as a complex environment, a difficult place to find true friends. Possessing a strong personality, Francis Ng (吳鎮宇) found three good friends in Sean Lau (劉青雲), Anthony Wong (黃秋生), and Nick Cheung (張家輝). Although the four men did not say much when they gathered together, they were extremely good friends. The fate of friendship was difficult to discern. However, in Francis' youth, he had misplaced trust in his “good friends” which resulted in the police pressing theft charges against him.

Francis revealed, “Many people often say that my good friends, such as Anthony Wong, Nick Cheung, and Sean Lau possess very odd personalities. I want to clarify that I am different from the rest of them, where the three guys are only pretending to be this way. Everyone knows that I do not cluster to crowds, while they do. They are only pretending to be different, ha ha!

“The four of us have known each other for many years. Do you know that by only knowing Sean Lau and Cheung Tat Ming (張達明), it represents knowing the entire entertainment industry for me? Anthony collaborated with Sean and got to know the rest of us, and Nick joined us soon afterward. The funny thing is that they often ask me why I do not return calls. Actually, I do not return anyone's calls, but Nick was not used to other people not calling him back!

“When the guys get together, we only meet for drinks to talk about things. The greatest ‘pretender' is Anthony! He is a skilled person and is able to address the crux of the matter in one sentence. I have to say that after he drinks alcohol, he is definitely a good friend. It's odd that Anthony did not drink in the past, but now he drinks whiskey. I wonder if a particular experience had changed his habits?

“People say that good brothers are like your own limbs, but I was betrayed by several so-called ‘good brothers' in my youth. At the time, I was a mere employee in a company. They asked whether I wanted any sneakers and I gave them my shoe size. Afterward, they handed me a pair of sneakers. Shockingly, the owner called the police upon discovery of the incident. The guys immediately put forth the stolen goods and I was considered to be one of the thieves! We were arrested by the police on the spot. The funny thing was that the guys advised me to maintain a cheerful smile before the judge. Unexpectedly, I was told by the judge that ‘I did not possess any regret and inclination to change my actions”! My case was retained on police records.

The Price of Greed

“I remember the judge addressed me in this manner, ‘What is so funny, Mr. Ng? Is it that you do not regret your actions? Do you think it's funny to be at court?' I quickly glanced at my friends and did not know what to do…. This incident made me realize a truth that this world did not have provisions and you cannot control fate. Due to my greed, I was punished in a manner beyond my expectations.”

Epilogue

Many people often commented that Francis Ng was a strange person. However, this was not the case in the reporter's mind. It was true that sometimes you will not understand what Francis Ng was saying. However, when he spoke about his innermost thoughts or his 3-year-old son, he turned into another person and talked endlessly, even revealing his youthful side. Perhaps this was a side that readers have not seen of Francis Ng, but the reporter witnessed it!

#134 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Francis Ng admits he madly scolded Ron Ng
Saturday Septemeber 1, 2012 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Yesterday Francis Ng was a guest at an event hosted by wine brand Martell. Francis said he has been working closely with Martell and is personally a wine lover himself. When he was young, he loved the feeling of being drunk, but nowadays he doesn't have the strength to anymore and actually think its meaningless and a waste of time to get drunk. However, he does have a hobby of collecting beautiful wines. He said: "I have nearly 20 bottles of 100 point red wines, which are worth several HK$1,000 per bottle, and now the value has increased to over HK$10,000 a bottle!"

Recently, Francis has been busy shooting TVB new series Triumph in the Skies II, and has met up with the cast for hot pot, but doesn't just take out a bottle of wine from his collection that easily, he laughed: "I will first take my heart out, and do a thorough observation of who can really drink, then I can take one out of my collection. Otherwise I don't want it to go waste."

It was reported that Francis has been continuously scolding his co-star Ron Ng on the set? He replied: "It is just necessary for the scene. Ron is very happy to see me, and I've complimented that he improved a lot compared to him 10 years ago." In regards to Ron's love life, Francis does not dare to ask him because he's someone who had personal experience too. "In this industry, romances are dessert. When others hear about the romance, they may think it's really sweet, but the actual couple may not think its sweet at all. Also, he has a several [rumors] going on, it's already very troubling." When speaking of him complaining that TITS2 shooting isn't going smoothly? He explained: "Actually every series doesn't go smoothly. Rain, typhoons or bird flu could affect the shooting progress."

#135 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

Francis Ng compares Fala & Myolie
Thursday July 25, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-031200133.html

Posted Image

Francis Ng recently compared the acting skills of his "Triumph In The Skies II" romantic interests, Myolie Wu and Fala Chen, reported HK Channel.

Francis expressed, "Myolie was still new in showbiz when we first filmed "Triumph In The Skies". She would wait for our approval on her acting before leaving the set. It's different with Fala, as she is already a well-known actress."

Francis, who recently dismissed rumours of a conflict with Fala, hinted, "Fala is very serious. But learning your role is a race against time. For me as an experienced actor, spending time on understanding my role first before attempting to go in front of the camera is very important. It will help you in your performance."

The actor stated that Fala once cried because she couldn't act a scene the way she wanted, and said, "I stood by the side and told her, 'If you did that before, it would have been good. Now you're crying and the chance is gone'. Then I left her."

Meanwhile, in a separate interview, Fala talked about her performance, saying that she thought about improving her acting after working on the series.

When asked about her experience working with her seniors Francis Ng and Julian Cheung, she expressed, "Both of them are great actors. Julian is more lenient and I don't feel like I was working with a senior when I'm with him. Meanwhile, working with Francis is a little tense. But he still took care of me and taught me ways of acting and principles of life."

#136 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Francis Ng dislikes sequels
Wendesday July 31, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-083700721.html

Posted Image

Despite having played the role of Captain Samuel Tong for the second time in 10 years, Hong Kong actor Francis Ng recently revealed that he is actually not a fan of sequels.

As reported on QQ, the actor, who sat down for an interview recently, revealed that it was quite a while before he agreed to reprise his role in "Triumph In The Skies II" when it was offered to him.

"I didn't want to film a sequel," he said. "I didn't even participate in "Old Time Buddy" sequel. People kept asking me why I
refused to do so, but I really can't just reprise roles that are given to me."

The actor stated that he finally made the decision because of his son, saying, "Filming the drama means I get to stay in Hong Kong and spend more time with my son. We rarely have time to see each other since I am always shooting movies and work in mainland China. It's great to see him watching me on TV, since there wasn't a lot of opportunity for him to watch my movies."

When asked if it means that he will return for a third instalment if such an opportunity arises, Francis stated, "I am open to that idea. If they offer me to play Sam again and the audiences still want to watch him, I will be honoured to do so. But I hope that there will be no more romance plot for me. That would be difficult to do!"

#137 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Francis Ng says Fala needs to relax
Tuesday August 6, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-072034619.html

Posted Image

Francis Ng has a lot to say when it comes to his "Triumph In The Skies II" co-stars.

As reported on TVB News World, the actor, who appeared in Tseung Kwan O for dinner with Julian Cheung and the crew of the series, was more than happy to give his opinions about his junior co-stars.

When asked about Fala Chen, Francis said that the actress puts too high expectations on herself. He stated, "She concentrates too much on herself. She has to learn to relax. Working in the TV industry does not necessarily have to be like that."

In regards to Myolie Wu, who returns as a new character named Summer, Francis said, "10 years ago, Myolie was rather anxious, but now she pressures herself to do better. Change is not saying you are willing to try different roles, but rather you are willing to change your thoughts on some aspects of life."

However, Francis was full of praises for Nancy Wu, who reprised her role as CoCo, one of the cabin crew. The actor felt that Nancy is a good actress but does not get opportunities from producers, and added that she needs a breakthrough or a good script to work with.

But the biggest compliment was given to Ron Ng, who plays his brother in the series. Although Francis used to criticise Ron for not learning and memorising his lines, he stated, "Ron is good when it comes to public relations. And of course his acting has improved too. I think he's changing, he's becoming a better and better fit in this industry."

"Triumph In The Skies II" will have a two-hour finale on 8 September.

#138 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Francis Ng Becomes "Captain Ng" in a Month - Passed Helicopter Pilot License
Thursday August 29, 2013 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

TVB series Triumph in the Skies II is getting consistent high TV ratings and 'Sam Gor' Francis Ng can claim the most credit for that. In the series Sam Gor has the career and the passion, many HK girls have their eyes on him. In reality, the Chok Francis Ng doesn't just have the Film King level acting skills, but is also a pilot. He holds a helicopter license and can actually be called Captain Ng.

It turns out ten years ago after shooting TITS, he fell for the carefree feeling of being in the sky. Although he satisfied his craving by portraying a pilot, he also took up the courage and went to obtain his own pilot's license in real life. He boasted unlike some people having to spend 4-5 months studying and take the test 7-8 times before passing, he only spent a month and KOed the test. He passed the pilot's license on the first try. It was understood, Francis didn't have much time and didn't want to take the test a second time, so he studied really hard and spends some time daily to memorize the theories.

Because Francis is currently working in Mainland, reporters could not contact him to confirm. However, his good friends were able to verify for us. Anthony Wong said Francis took the test in Mainland: "I wanted to take it in New Zealand before, but that would take at least a year. How is it possible to spend only a month to pass the test in Hong Kong or in overseas? (Will you be his passenger on a plane?) I don't have the courage to, I'm not sure how good his skills are!" Francis' TITS2 co-star "Cool Mo" Chilam Cheung also knew about Francis earning a pilot's license, but he doesn't envy him. Chilam laughed: "I have a fear of heights."

In an interview earlier, Francis mentioned before shooting of TITS2, Chilam called him and asked if he's part of the cast. Chilam made it clear he wouldn't accept the series unless Francis is in it. Francis said: "He waited for me to decide whether to film or not before he signed the contract." In regards to this, Chilam expressed: "He said that? I had a pleasant collaboration with him, and hope there is an opportunity for another one."

#139 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Francis Ng busy filming a mainland Chinese drama
Wednesday September 11, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-062300571.html

Posted Image

Francis Ng was nowhere to be seen at the recent "Triumph In The Skies II" event, and was revealed to have been busy filming a new TV series in mainland China.

As reported on Oriental Daily website, the actor recently expressed his regrets of not being able to attend the grand finale event with the other cast members because he has an obligation to film a new Chinese drama.

The actor lamented, "I am currently busy filming a drama in mainland China and will not be back in Hong Kong until December. I would rather stay in Hong Kong if there is a good offer, I would not mind villainous roles either."

The actor revealed that he would have to pay a fine if he asked for another break just to attend another promotional event for the aviation series, and said, "There are 1,000 scenes in the drama I'm currently filming, and I am in 800 of them. How can I leave?"

Meanwhile, it was recently reported that Francis' co-star Julian Cheung has already pocketed HKD 10 million (app. USD 1,289,570) from his role as Captain Jayden Koo.

When heard about the news, Francis expressed his jealousy and said, "I only have a few hundred thousand dollars!"

#140 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

Francis Ng will not turn down roles for son
Monday November 11, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-081900492.html

Posted Image

Francis Ng stressed that he will not reject antihero roles to maintain his image as a good father, reported Sina website.

The 51-year-old actor recently discussed his role as a vengeful father in his latest film "Pay Back", and said that it was his most challenging role to date.

In the movie, Francis plays an everyday man pushed by desperation and anger to seek revenge when his wife dies from depression after their daughter was found to be raped and murdered.

When asked if he is worried that his son will be affected by his role in the movie, Francis said, "Feynman is only a child. All I have to do is buy him a new toy!"

"I will not reject antihero roles just so I can keep my image of a 'good' father. Film and reality cannot get mixed up with one another," added the actor.

It was also rumoured that Francis has been very quiet unlike his usual self on the set of the movie, supposedly to immerse himself in the role. But the actor laughed at the rumour and joked, "The set was too hot and I was just too lazy to talk. But I had a lot of fun talking to a lot of girls."

"Pay Back" is slated to be released on 21 November in Hong Kong cinemas, and also stars Fan Siu Wong, Deng Ziyi, and Lam Suet.

According to Xinhua website, Irene, who was modelling the latest sunglasses ad campaign on a yacht by the sea on 7 November stated, "I hope to star in my own film. It will be a romance, but I want to perfect the script first before starting production."

When asked if she would be interested to make a return to television series, the former TVB actress stated, "Someone asked me the same question previously. But lately I have been too busy."

However, she would not deny the chance to make a comeback, provided that there is a good script.

Meanwhile, Irene also participated in the design of the new series of limited edition sunglasses, aptly named "Irene Wan Love".

She enthused, "I decided to be involved in designing the eyewear in hopes of donating the profits to help the children living in the mountainous region. My goal is to get around HKD 1 million (approx. USD 129,004)."

#141 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

Francis Ng's fans unsatisfied for his TV King loss
Thursday December 19, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-093600712.html

Posted Image

Dayo Wong's victory as this year's TV King did not sit well with many, especially with "Triumph in the Skies 2" actor Francis Ng's fans.

According to Sina website, though Francis himself, who made a surprising appearance at the TVB Anniversary Awards on 16 December, expressed his support for Dayo to win the award, a lot of fans believed that the major movie star should win instead.

Several fans credited Francis, who made a climactic return to TVB a decade later to shoot the series, for helping TVB from further ratings slump through his brilliant role reprisal as Captain Samuel Tong, making the series the highest-rated drama of the year.

Even former NBA star, Yi Jianlin was surprised that Francis did not win the said award, saying, "Why Captain Tong isn't the TV King?"

However, Francis was graceful about losing the award to Dayo, saying that he is satisfied with the result and that there is always a reason for everything.

He also turned to Weibo to thank his fans and the series' viewers, saying, "Thank you to all the voters. I have (finally) appeared on television", inviting 5,000 comments that mostly praised the actor's performance and providing him with support.

#142 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

Francis Ng doesn't need zombie fans!
Friday December 27, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-064500554.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Francis Ng recently revealed that he was offered to gain five million new Weibo followers by paying a certain amount to the company that renders the service.

Apple Daily reported that the actor recently wrote on Weibo that he was approached by an agency that sells fake followers for a certain fee, a business which was previously reported by the Chinese media.

He stated, "Someone promised me five million new Weibo followers as a present. But it turns out that you have to pay RMB 10,000 (approx. USD 1,646) to get it! Sigh!"

The actor stated that he found such a gift to be pointless, and that he would prefer getting money instead of zombie fans.

He added, "Lying is shameful, and lying to myself is just pitiful. That's like getting plastic surgery and a personality makeover. I didn't know Weibo can get 'boob jobs' now."

"I would prefer if the person gives me cash money. I want 50 million fans, not just five million. Let's play it bigger!" said the "Triumph in the Skies II" star.

It was previously reported that the unidentified agency offered Weibo users extra followers via their packages and they are; RMB 7 (USD 1.15) for over 500 extra fake followers, RMB 8 (USD 1.30) for 1000, and RMB 80,000 (USD 13,169) for ten million followers.

Meanwhile, Francis' Weibo followers have reached over 680,000 ever since he registered to the social networking site during the filming of "Triumph in the Skies II".

#143 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:15 AM

Francis Ng complimented for his parenting skill
Friday June 20, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-054800306.html

Posted Image

Known for his infamous temper, it was surprising to many people that Hong Kong actor Francis Ng turned out to be such a good parent as witnessed in the second season of Hunan TV's popular variety show, "Dad, Where Are We Going?"

As reported on Sina's Daily News, the actor, who spent his days in a rural area with his son, Feyman without any toys or snacks, managed to abide the rules of the show by teaching his son how to make his own toys from the items they have around them.

Aside from using the available materials to create their own source of entertainment, Francis also managed to entertain his son by using his own creativity, such as weaving a hat from grass or making balloons out of plastic gloves.

Francis was praised for his practicality and creativity. He said that while technology has made life more convenient, it also made people become lazy and less creative at the same time.

"I believe that if you want to play, anything can be your toy. As long as you're creative, you'll be able to make toys out of anything," said the actor. "What's the point of life if we lack the creativity?"

#144 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35857 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

Francis Ng and his son are new fan favourites

Thursday June 26, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-090900151.html

330bwua.jpg

Step aside, Jimmy Lin, there's a new cool daddy in town and his name is Francis Ng.

According to Mingpao News, the Hong Kong actor and his son, Feynman are very likely to become the most beloved father and son team for season 2 of reality TV show "Dad, Where Are We Going?", which premiered on 20 June.

The duo generated a lot of positive online discussion for their unique pairing because Francis, aged 52, is the oldest father among the new group and his son Feynman is only five.

The viewers also praised his parenting style, which has been described as the right balance between work and play.

In the first episode, Francis taught Feynman how to be tough by carrying his luggage down the mountain slope on his own instead of using the mules as assistance.

Even though he displayed his role as a strict parent during the journey, Francis also has a soft side when he gave his son encouragement to make his very first goal during a muddy football game.

He also recently updated his Weibo, saying, "Being a father is hard. I have to perform manual labour even when I'm not on the show!"

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)