Sung Yuri To Play A Girl Disguised As A Guy In New Drama

13 replies to this topic

#1 ttenovy

jack's brown eyed baby

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,720 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:25 AM

Ex-Finkl member Sung Yuri will be another girl disguised as a guy in her new drama Hong Gil Dong, just like Yun Eunhye from Coffee Prince. Although Joo Ji Hoon and Jo Hyun Jae backed out of this drama the last minute, the drama is still scheduled to air in November with new leads, Kang Ji-hwan and Jang Geun-suk.

popseoul.com

Edited by ttenovy, 07 September 2007 - 04:26 AM.

#2 w1nt3Rg@Rd3n

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:40 AM

JOO JI HOON....hum,,.,...... oh well... i still like him even if he backed out on the drama...^^

#3 iceeblaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:01 AM

hmm now every girl disguised as guy thing reminds me of hana kimi and ellaaa...

#4 tally

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

Can't they think of a better plot? I mean Coffee Prince's plot is about a girl portraying a guy What a waste of a pretty face!

#5 Guest_KITTY♥_*

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

lol, another girl turn guy drama eh? i hope yuri does a good job at it. i really luved her in snow queen.

#6 tony_y2k5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

gosh now that coffee prince was a hit they're going to make another similar plot drama!, don't they have any other new ideas? and why Sung Yuri? it seems every drama she's been in has been a dissapointment? then again maybe she's a bargain compared to other actresses at the moment.

#7 bubbles32

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:55 PM

OH NO!

sung yuri can barely act as it is just being a girl...but to have her TRY and pull off a role where she's disguised as a guy....DOOMED TO FAILURE...
no-one can be as good as eun-hye especially not yuri.

#8 MzKranky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (funkindagirl @ Sep 7 2007 5 55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH NO!

sung yuri can barely act as it is just being a girl...but to have her TRY and pull off a role where she's disguised as a guy....DOOMED TO FAILURE...
no-one can be as good as eun-hye especially not yuri.

LOL...you said exactly what's on my mind...

but since this is a period drama...I don't think it will be that bad. The news doesn't even said if she required to act totally like a boy or not. I'm just worrying about her acting in general......

#9 Flippin Chinita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:13 AM

YEIIISSHHHHHHH.... JJH-oppa would've looked HOT in Hong Gil-dong's character. :iloveyou: Still love him anyways!!!! :worship

Girl dusguised as a guy?! :shocked: AGAIN?! WHOA! Girls are really trying now to become like Eun-hye unni... Just because she got rave reviews... <_< Joking... I'll draw my conclusions when I see who's better... :tricky: WE'LL SEE!!!

#10 thehay1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:58 AM

another drama where a girl disguises as a guy?? damn.. has this become the new faze? first hana kimi, and thats both the tawainese and jap versions and then coffee prince and now this one?

i wonder what the plot will be ..

#11 vitawaterlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (thehay1 @ Sep 7 2007 7 58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another drama where a girl disguises as a guy?? damn.. has this become the new faze? first hana kimi, and thats both the tawainese and jap versions and then coffee prince and now this one?

i wonder what the plot will be ..

da story of hong kil dong is a korean historical story.. i dont think its like anything compared to like coffee prince's story line...but i do say da whole girl disquised as guy has become a new trend in drama.. but i doubt it has relations with hana kim of taiwan.. lol

#12 SuperKyle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

just from reading the title of the article i can already feel what type of comments will be sent her way....

well i will say that the boy into girl plot trend has become quite popular in Asia, first [Tw]Hana Kimi then Coffe Prince, then [Jp]Hana Kimi, now this.... wow! i think its being overused too fast, if we see another drama with this type of plot it will most likely end up being a flop in my opinion, but since this is a historical drama, circumstances will be more different and justified...

just read the type of plot it will have so i think its okay...
because its like a Robin Hood type of story, rob from the rich and give to the poor... and she will probably end up being one of his accomplices and you cant very well steal and get around very well with women's clothing, i think she's just going to wear men's clothing, and that will lead to her looking like one, but i dont think disguised... but who knows, im definetely watching out for this drama...

#13 DBSK4ever~Junsu

Always Keep The Faith -DBSK-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

everytime i heard a girl disguising as a guy it reminds me of Ella and Yoon Eun Hye. Is there any new ideas? i rather have Joo Ji Hoon as the male lead.

#14 thejadedangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

Since they've already had a similar vein of dramas, there is no doubt that this drama is going to be compared to all the rest...Anyways I can't wait to see Sung Yuri in a new role!! I mean, I haven't seen her acting in forever!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users