AF needs funding again

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Japanese men or Korean men, which do you prefer?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 qiwhe9638

qiwhe9638

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:20 AM

I'm interested to hear what your views are. Personally, I think Korean guys are more romantic. Japanese guys are great but marrying them is not such a good idea because of their culture(male dominate world)

#2 kintaro0_0

kintaro0_0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:32 AM

Hey,

to be honest it doesn't matter if they are korean, japanese or whatever the nationality is. you just need to chill with people to find out who they are. You can't generalize race with specific traits. It's like saying most brown people are cheap.. then again I've haven't found one that isn't cheap (j/k)...

any guy can be romantic, and be a great guy, but that person must be willing to put the heart into the relationship.

#3 rose06

rose06

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:36 AM

^hey good one there kintaroO ... we can't generalized people based on their race!

But i kinda like korean guys maybe i watch all these korean dramas and get influenced by it lol but that's not the reality because in real life things might be different. Both korean and japanese guys are okay

#4 kintaro0_0

kintaro0_0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:48 AM

hey rose06, it's totally kewl that the drama influences you to like korean guys.... heck when I watch TVB i think there are some pretty nice gals.

essentially we learn things from drama, and also in real life. Ultimately you make the choices whether that person is right for you, and time will tell.

#5 cutesnoopy1

cutesnoopy1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:35 PM

Don't really matter to me!I guess both are great!

#6 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:51 PM

But i kinda like korean guys maybe i watch all these korean dramas and get influenced by it lol but that's not the reality because in real life things might be different. Both korean and japanese guys are okay

Korean guys are the ugliest people in Asia. It's proof that the entertainment industry can grab a random person and make him "hot".

Look at Rain. If he weren't famous, no girl would even touch him. But add a little entertainment magic and 20 million girls go screaming for him.

#7 AlwaiseKawaii

AlwaiseKawaii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

I agree with that too.

the whole racial thing is so wrong. but to tell you the truth i haven't seen a cute japanese guy.

I seen a COUPLE of cute koreans though. XDD
likke se7en!

#8 kerpao

kerpao

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

i've never gone out with a japanese or korean before but i personally think koreans are better looking but they kind of look like girls. >.>

#9 adjhaii

adjhaii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:24 PM

I notice alot of people like korean men .. because of what they see in their entertainment business?
I was just curious to know if you have met any in person? not saying that I don't like them nor that you haven't... just curious.

But both are equally great to me. Though yes, nationally shouldn't matter, as said before.

#10 kerpao

kerpao

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:05 PM

i have met a few in person. they were nice people altho one of them was rather blunt. as for looks, they definately have a korean look to them. especially the eyes. as for good looking... i guess decent's the right word :P

went to japan in july. dayum they were fine :)

#11 jogii

jogii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:59 PM

the korean guys i've met have been more into studying than other things, and were either REALLY quiet or too busy playing sports with his guy friends than interacting with girls. the japanese guys i've met have been funny and talkative.

my boyfriend is 1/4 japanese, but that doesn't mean i prefer one ethnicity over the other since that's just wrong.

#12 miz_appie

miz_appie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

im leaning more on the korean guys since i watch a lot of korean dramas..they seem more romantic then the japanese guys

#13 Hwaiting!

Hwaiting!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:00 AM

Korean guys are the ugliest people in Asia. It's proof that the entertainment industry can grab a random person and make him "hot".

Look at Rain. If he weren't famous, no girl would even touch him. But add a little entertainment magic and 20 million girls go screaming for him.

Okay now 1st of all... that's just rude. :thumbdown
2nd there are ppl who think Rain is hot (look wise)... he's got a nice body and a dorable face.

It just depends on your types... maybe you do think Korean guys are ugly but say "It's proof that the entertainment industry can grab a random person and make him hot." is just not true. Maybe you think Rain is ugly but I'm sure there are lots of girl who finds him attractive.

I personally like Korean guys a lil bit more than Japanese guys... I think it's just because I'm more fimiliar with Korean ppl these days. And they're more romantic too! (some)

A lot of Korean guys are tall and I like that.

Edited by Hwaiting!, 08 September 2007 - 04:01 AM.

#14 jaejae

jaejae

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:09 AM

I prefer Korean, probably because of the portrayal of them in Korean dramas. Jap guys just seem more er...perverted.

Just my personal opinion.

#15 UKnowILoveYou

UKnowILoveYou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:45 AM

o.o i love korean people...omg i'm so uh racist? LOLS im just kidding. i think it really dosn't matter...but what do i know? im still a kid xD

#16 .:ecila:.

.:ecila:.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:45 AM

neither, I like the person for who they are, not race they are, you just like them, I just go with my feelings

Edited by .:ecila:., 08 September 2007 - 05:50 AM.

#17 GirlWithUglyFeet

GirlWithUglyFeet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:28 AM

No ethnicity is the ugliest out of Asia, nor is there one that is prettiest. You'll find good-looking people and physically unattrative people of any kind. I've seen some attractive Korean guys (and yes, they look better than Rain), along with other ethnic groups.

Anyways, I never really liked the idea of choosing which type of people is more attractive. I keep my options unlimited. Anyone can float my boat equally.

Edited by GirlWithUglyFeet, 08 September 2007 - 06:30 AM.

#18 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

Maybe you think Rain is ugly but I'm sure there are lots of girl who finds him attractive.

FACT: If Rain wasn't famous, 20 million girls wouldn't be screaming for him.

He's not hot because of his looks. He's hot because he's manufactured by very creative marketing people.

Do you know that he was initially turned down for a music contract because he was considered "too ugly"? If you want proof, I'll post the link.

#19 kintaro0_0

kintaro0_0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:50 AM

GirlWithUglyFeet, I totally agree with what you say, it isn't one ethnicity is considered "hot", it's all due to a little bit of lady luck and effort. What JSBach has a point, why do people gawh at Rain... he's not the hottest guy on the block, but with the marketing and remodeling of Rain, 20 million people deem him "hot" now...

#20 T-Mac1

T-Mac1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

This fool's obviously a racist. Whether he/she denies the fact or not <_<

#21 kintaro0_0

kintaro0_0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

com'mon t-mac1.. I think JSBach didn't mean to be racist, just wanted to point out a fact from his viewpoint.

gotta remember that GirlWithUglyFeet said gotta, keep your options open... so should everyone else..

peace out....

#22 pualani

pualani

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

Japanese men. ^^v

I am Korean, BUT my bf is Japanese, and he is almost as good as any other Korean heartthrobs.

Posted Image

Looking at JSBach's ethnicity, I think he's just jealous of the Korean men who got all the attentions from other Asian girls nowadays. And personally, from my experiences, I do find the chinese men the least attractive of all the Asians in Asia.

#23 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:20 PM

Looking at JSBach's ethnicity, I think he's just jealous of the Korean men who got all the attentions from other Asian girls nowadays.

I really wished Korean guys would get all of the Asian girl's attention. That way, Koreans can breed with non-Koreans and get their ugliness bred out of them to the benefit of future generations.

I do find the chinese men the least attractive of all the Asians in Asia.

I agree Chinese folks aren't particularly attractive either. I prefer Viets. So no, I didn't express my opinion based on silly ethnic pride. I based in simply on the opinion that Korean people just aren't very attractive.

Oh GAWD :duh

It seems you're not bright enough to know that the topic of this thread is inherently racist. We're COMPARING racial groups. How can you compare racial groups without a bit of stereotyping? :duh

Edited by JSBach, 08 September 2007 - 10:41 PM.

#24 fall_out

fall_out

asian-inadequate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2642 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:09 AM

k you have one example to prove that all korean guys are ugly. idk even kno who rain is and thats like a girls name isnt it?

i agree with waht most ppl have a tendency to say, no race is ugly. u can find attraction underneth the ugliest of guys. its materialistic girls that go for the surface but ends up screwing themselves over when they found out the guy cheats on them.

and also physically, no race is specifiacally ugly either. ive got tons of korean friends and they're all chick magents. and some of them even resemble me, which is SMOKING HOT. dont mean to brag or nuthin :tricky:

no but seriously u cant call an entire race ugly just becuase of their celebrities.

I agree Chinese folks aren't particularly attractive either.

lmao u seem to know alot about the attractiveness of guys.
and i happen to be a "Chinese folk" and if looks could kill people, i'd be a murderer.

Edited by fall_out, 09 September 2007 - 12:12 AM.

#25 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:50 AM

lmao u seem to know alot about the attractiveness of guys.

Who said I was talking about guys?

to prove that all korean guys are ugly

I didn't bring up Rain to prove Koreans are ugly. I brought him up to prove that clever marketing can make almost anyone attractive.

If I said "Korean guys are the ugliest....", I was making a very generalized statement. The topic of this tread is to invite comparsion between racial groups. Naturally, we will find very general and broad statements.

Of course not every individual within a particular racial group is ugly even if the group as a whole tends to fall on the unattractive side. There are always exceptions and outlyers. This concept is so commonsense, I don't believe I need to bring this up. But apparently, some of you need to be reminded. :whistle

Edited by JSBach, 09 September 2007 - 04:24 AM.

#26 jmilton

jmilton

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:05 AM

i think koreans guys are generally taller. avg height 5' 8". japs are 5' 5" avg I think.

according to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia....ki/Human_height

#27 Guest_xxcutelilbabuxx_*

Guest_xxcutelilbabuxx_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:13 AM

i never met a japanese or korean person yet...i wish i can though =]

#28 sky88

sky88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:39 AM

Japanese men tend to be more strick and polite,
as Korean guy migth be more easy going,,,,,,

#29 pualani

pualani

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:48 AM

I agree Chinese folks aren't particularly attractive either. I prefer Viets.

Ehh, I don't particularly find them attractive either oO but aren't people in Vietnam and China dark-skinned and short? I thought the Chinese and Viets are like the Mexicans/Blacks of Asia.

#30 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

Ehh, I don't particularly find them attractive either oO but aren't people in Vietnam and China dark-skinned and short? I thought the Chinese and Viets are like the Mexicans/Blacks of Asia.

No way! Chinese people have light skin. Filipinos and Malays are the only Asian ethnicity with naturally dark skin.

Chinese tend to be of average height. It's Viets who tend to be short.

#31 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(pualani @ Sep 9 2007 2 48 AM)

Many people in Asia speak Chinese. Those are Viet guys who you're describing. And they so happen to be able to speak Chinese. So does a German guy who speaks English make him British? I don't think so.

#32 fall_out

fall_out

asian-inadequate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2642 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

Who said I was talking about guys?

how can u honestly beleive that people think ur talking about girls in a topic thats named "Japanese men or Korean men, which do you prefer?"

I didn't bring up Rain to prove Koreans are ugly. I brought him up to prove that clever marketing can make almost anyone attractive.

If I said "Korean guys are the ugliest....", I was making a very generalized statement. The topic of this tread is to invite comparsion between racial groups. Naturally, we will find very general and broad statements.

yea keep bullshitting...
"Korean guys are the ugliest people in Asia." <- this just goes agaisnt everything ur saying.
just because you made a "generalized statement", it means its ok? so why dont i start by calling all japanese men cross dressers becuase one of their celebrities are cross dresses

Of course not every individual within a particular racial group is ugly even if the group as a whole tends to fall on the unattractive side. There are always exceptions and outlyers. This concept is so commonsense, I don't believe I need to bring this up. But apparently, some of you need to be reminded. :whistle

yea thats exactly what more than half of the posters in this thread are saying....

bottomline: you were generalizing, thats bad, but apparently, u need to be reminded :whistle

Edited by fall_out, 09 September 2007 - 05:17 PM.

#33 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

bottomline: you were generalizing, thats bad, but apparently, u need to be reminded :whistle

I never denied I was generalizing. Bad? May I refer you to the opening post of this thread if there is lingering doubts whether generalizing is expected here?

so why dont i start by calling all japanese men cross dressers

Why not? Revealing your personal fetishes on this forum should be fair game.

Edited by JSBach, 09 September 2007 - 10:26 PM.

#34 bluecherry726

bluecherry726

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:15 PM

it doesn't matter to me...although communication might be a bit of a problem when it comes to talking to the family and all...although i love to learn new languages, i suck at remembering all the stuff needed to know in order to have a decent conversation lol

both seem to have tall guys...although koreans seem to be taller lol (i love height for some reason...)

#35 fall_out

fall_out

asian-inadequate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2642 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:17 AM

amazing how u took my entire arguement and shortened it to two sentences while ignoring the rest of it... <_<

I never denied I was generalizing. Bad? May I refer you to the opening post of this thread if there is lingering doubts whether generalizing is expected here?

the topic is "Japanese men or Korean men, which do you prefer?" i dont know where u get the idea of generalizing. if u prefer korean men, that doesnt mean ur generalizing, if u dont prefer korean men, that doesnt mean their ugly.

Why not? Revealing your personal fetishes on this forum should be fair game.

lol did i say it was a personal fetish?
your the one that said, i prefer this, i prefer that. it clearly shows ur interest in men. but hey, what happens in ur mind, should stay in ur mind. god forbid u tell us what goes on in there...

#36 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:40 AM

i dont know where u get the idea of generalizing. if u prefer korean men, that doesnt mean ur generalizing, if u dont prefer korean men, that doesnt mean their ugly.

Read first post.

"Korean guys are more romantic but don't marry Japanese guys because of their male dominated culture".

Generalizing? :buahaha :buahaha :buahaha

but hey, what happens in ur mind, should stay in ur mind. god forbid u tell us what goes on in there...

Don't worry, I only reveal to people who can relate to heterosexual behavior.

Edited by JSBach, 10 September 2007 - 06:51 AM.

#37 kakashijo

kakashijo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:09 PM

I've noticed alot of people say Japan is a male dominated society, but I think Korea is by far more male dominated that Japan. I've been to Korea, and there are much more instances of men beating and overpowering women. The women are treated like garbage over there. Though the Japan of 30 years ago was very male-centric, things have changed greatly. It seems like many people are still under the impression that Japanese women walk a few steps behind their man when walking in the street, which is completely untrue. However, I do find that Koreans are more open about being in relationships. Couples are openly holding hands everywhere in Korea, where such a thing does exist in Japan, but in VERY VERY small numbers.

#38 L815

L815

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

Lately there have been a lot of these related topics. What's going on? You guys should turn off your Tv's and go do something humane for a change.

Edited by L815, 10 September 2007 - 01:45 PM.

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13472 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

this thread is just screaming for bashing... <_<

either way, I agree mainly with Kintaro0_0 and Girlwithuglyfeet.

I don't discriminate in anyway with what ethnicity a person is, if they treat me right and we have that connection, then I am happy for that much. I can care less what race/ethnicity they are.

that is a huge generalization. who are you to call which ethnicity the ugliest and which is the prettiest?

I agree Chinese folks aren't particularly attractive either. I prefer Viets. So no, I didn't express my opinion based on silly ethnic pride. I based in simply on the opinion that Korean people just aren't very attractive.

LOL so you prefer Vietnamese people? so what IF someone came along and said that Vietnamese people are the fugliest people alive? won't you feel offended because they bash your prefernece? I personally would not go as far as calling someone ugly for the sake of it.

#40 fall_out

fall_out

asian-inadequate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2642 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

Read first post.

"Korean guys are more romantic but don't marry Japanese guys because of their male dominated culture".

Generalizing? :buahaha :buahaha :buahaha

so, because of that, it becomes alright to call the race ugly? that doesnt make too much sense..

Don't worry, I only reveal to people who can relate to heterosexual behavior.

... ... thats has got to be the single most disturbing thing i hav heard anyone on this forum say. so ur telling me, ur gay, and u reveal ur twisted sexuality only to people who are straight? yea...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users