Henry Lau
Chinese Name: Liu Xian Hua (刘宪华 - 劉憲華)
Korean: 헨리
Nickname: Mochi
Label: SM Entertainment
Birthday: October 11, 1989
Height: 176cm
Birthplace: Taiwan
Family: Father (Hong Kong), Mother (Taiwanese)
Expertise: Violin, piano, breakdance, drums, ballet, Latin dance, singing
Education: A.Y. Jackson
Group: Super Junior M
Position: Vocal, Rap. Side Composer, Main Dancer
First Appearance: Attack of the Pin-Up Boys: Flower Boys, Series of Terror
Casting: SM Entertainment Global Audition 2006

Debut:
Rumors of Super Junior's 3rd subunit called Super Junior China surfaced after Henry's appearance on KBS Music Bank alongside the 13 Super Junior Members themselves. Yet the subgroup did not officially debut until April 8th of 2008 with the remake of Super Junior's hit song “U”. From then on Super Junior M became one of the most in demand boyband in China.

Only 13 Campaign
In autumn of 2007, Henry was featured in the comeback song and music video of famous idol group Super Junior. While being dubbed as the “violin boy”, rumors of Henry becoming the 14th member of Super Junior soon followed. The rumors were later fueled by Henry's fixed guest performers to Super Junior's Comeback stages. As a protest from Super Junior's Fanclub (ELF), the only 13 campaign was initiated. ELF began buying SM stocks, giving Henry the silent treatment during Super Junior Concerts, and sending cyber attacks directed towards Henry on SM's official website and Super Junior's official website. The attacks grew worse when news of Super Junior's newest subgroup “Super Junior China” surfaced. Even after Henry's debut ELF continues to protest by attacking Super Junior M's official website the night it was established by Sohu.com.
Currently the only 13 campaign is slowly fading with older ELF members expressing their acceptance of Henry into Super Junior M. However younger ELF continues with their protest by either giving him the silent treatment during Super Junior concerts or chanting “Protect only 13” when Henry steps on stage.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Fun Facts
Spoiler

Music Videos:
Super Junior: Don't Don
Super Junior M: U

TV Shows/Apperances
Spoiler

Credits:
Spoiler

Edited by v i t a ✖ d o l c e, 09 November 2008 - 06:08 PM.

#2 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:10 PM

he plays it amazingly. he's an sm artist waiting to debut. he already caused a buzz on the internet because many people thought he was the 14th member of superjunior

He also appeared in the:
Photoshoot of Don't Don
Don't Don comeback performance

Remind me never to try to update 4 threads at once while my internet is moving so freakin slow.

Edited by hippokathy88, 11 May 2008 - 05:03 PM.
removed imageshack links

#3 東海=莲莲=可爱

東海=莲莲=可爱

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

oh no!!! he is same as my age???? gudness... so young..

don't you guys think he looks like wilber pan???

thanks for making this thread.... he is soo good in playing the violin and dancing... ^^

#4 HKchopstix1012

HKchopstix1012

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

delete me as a user

Edited by HKchopstix1012, 10 October 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#5 VINTAGECHARM

VINTAGECHARM

♥ j i y o n g;

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

mehh, actually it isnt a good thing that you took it out cause serenity said she wun be updating it if anyone spreads it around ^^''

BUT, dayum. im seriously attracted to him, the way he moonwalks and plays the violin at the same time. thats sexiness to the max. his hair looks so silky and nice, the style is nice too .. he can sing, dance and is a violin prodigy. he can also play the piano. DAYUM like what do you need more in a boy? ne?`hahaha

he goes to a secondary school in toronto, won several medals and competitions in playing the piano, violin and dancing.
his school said that his speciality is to hiphop dance and play the violin at the same time, as we can see in the vid eh ? ;>

he doesnt speak korean, nor chinese. they said hes pretty much "white-washed" or so, meaning hes like a normal american boy stuck in a hot chinese body ROFL.
but there was this clip, he said 'chua' = korean for i like, or good i think? - that was kyoooootness ;]].

i guess its obvious that he got my attention LOLOL! HENRY FOR THE WIN!

#6 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3938 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

Hehe I see that alot of people are already liking him.
So do I! Violin player<3

Heard he can speak 6 languages but just not Chinese.

#7 luv_dotz

luv_dotz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:33 PM

HKchopstix1012 - Yeah he's 5 years older than me 2!!

when i saw SJ's don't don i ♥♥ the violin!!! he's so talented!!!! i love him so much!@!!

Edited by luv_dotz, 22 September 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#8 VINTAGECHARM

VINTAGECHARM

♥ j i y o n g;

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:29 AM

-Born in 1989, meaning he's 18

can be that hes still 17, depends on his bday month

#9 smilanny

smilanny

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:25 PM

yess, i'm also one of the Suju fans who fell for this boy. i'm so amazed by his violin performance in Don't Don, it's really short but it's still LOVE! i guess he's going to learn Korean since he's a SM trainee? like Hangeng or Jang Ri In did ^_^
lol dancing and violin at the same time, hotness.

#10 I_lOvE_aSiA

I_lOvE_aSiA

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

woohoo!!! this guy is hot, cute, cool and young!!!
did i get it right? hes taiwanese who live and raise in toronto and audition in sm ent. that is korea!!! keke!!! find it funny!!!

Edited by shellstah__, 06 September 2008 - 09:09 PM.

#11 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

vintagecharm
everything i said up there wasnt even from serenity's, except for that dragon vid. i know he doesnt speak korean because i listened to what hyukjae said. everything else was found from various blogs.

#12 東海=莲莲=可爱

東海=莲莲=可爱

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:06 PM

@Asia SOng Festival with donghae oppa ^^
Posted Image
this is when he said chu-a (i dnt knw how to spell sorry)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 PearledOrchid

PearledOrchid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:57 PM

I thought his name sounded familiar.
From a local Toronto's newspaper:

Posted Image

BTW, Henry is not exactly Taiwanese Canadian. His family comes from both Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Edited by PearledOrchid, 23 September 2007 - 05:59 PM.

#14 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3229 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:24 PM

He's cool~ love the way he dance and play violin at the same time ^^ Well, he has debuted, wonder what will happen to him next! XD

#15 Cindy.

Cindy.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

OMG he's from my school/same grade too~ Oo holy i never knew he's gonna debut so soon...

he was such a flirt/showoff, but whatever he's talented !!! :buahaha :thumbsup

Edited by hippokathy88, 11 May 2008 - 05:05 PM.
removed imageshack links

#16 Nina_chan

Nina_chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:03 AM

never heard of him till now. Hes soo my age *wink wink* lol

#17 jicasushi

jicasushi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:40 AM

lol everyone's going crazy over him (including me) HE'S SO HOT

he can
dance<3
play violin<3
sing<3
play piano (I think)<3
speak english<3

He's also an 89er meaning he's at most a year older than me (since I was born 90)
aaayaaah this boy is PERFECT<3 Mineeeeeeee xD haha

I'm literally obsessed right now hehe. Can't wait til he debuts =D

Edited by jicasushi, 24 September 2007 - 08:42 AM.

#18 fan_ny

fan_ny

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:32 PM

LOL... He's popular now! Thanks to Don't Don... LOL... He looks chubby!! CUTE!! He can't speak korean?.. Wow... the second HangGeng... ^^ Yeah... I agreed with everyone... his moonwalk is love!! He looks so sexy moonwalking while playing the violin!! Can he plays the piano??

#19 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

Popseoul is pretty mean to him, but then again, when isn't she?

Did you notice the random violin solo during SuJu's debut performance on Music Bank? That random violinist was Henry, a new Chinese talent to sprout from the well-known celebrity-churner SM. Like Zhang Li Yin, Henry was discovered at SM's world auditions (2006) and his talents are supposedly multi-faceted. To give him a leg-up, SM gave him the violin solo in SuJu's “Don't Don,” which got many fans and the media talking.

It will be nice to see more foreigners trying to learn Korean and break into the Korean market. However, Chinese imports such as ZLY and Han Kyung, haven't achieved much. Based on their ‘years and years' of training, the results were disappointing so far. Do you think Henry has what it takes to make it in Korea?

original article here

#20 jicasushi

jicasushi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

wow popseoul is harsh! Who is she? or what is it? idc what she says -_- I love Henry anyway.. full advertising him on all the sites I'm active on LOL<3

#21 max's girl(in my dreams)

max's girl(in my dreams)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

gosh for heaven sake a anti probably posted that!
hankyung is going packes and juang ri in is coming out witha new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sheesh just wait till we get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will show you!

Henry fighting!!!

Edited by hippokathy88, 11 May 2008 - 05:06 PM.
removed imageshack links

#22 luv_dotz

luv_dotz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

Top 3 reason why i love Henry!!!

1) He's hot!!!

2) He's talented!!!

3) He make me love violin now!!!

He deserve to be on SuJu Don't Don!!! He's very popular now part of it is becuz of SuJu and part of it is his talent!!! well i still love him!!! :thumbsup

#23 feel_teh_lurve

feel_teh_lurve

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

omg henry's own thread..<3

the love he is like so effing talented and cute!! i'm shocked to know that he's just a year older than me.

gawrsh the lovelove love!!

i love him in the don't don vid and his performance in musicbank was like woahsz!!!
i'm definately gonna wait for is debut! as a solo artist or part of a group.

#24 liljdazngal06

liljdazngal06

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

hi there i really think that henry is amazing and i love his violin hehehehehe but anyways does anyone have the clip of suju imitating him i wanna see it!!!! It looks so funny!!!!!! well at least in the pic!!!! well thanks b4 hand!!!!!

#25 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:01 AM

So as everyone has probably heard, Sm is making a new Superjunior sub group, SuperJunior China, and Henry is going to be in it.

That news made all suju fans very, very unhappy. They're fine with making a new subgroup but they're not fine with henry being in it since henry isn't a part of superjunior. Sm doesnt understand the meaning of a subgroup. To be in a sub group, you actually have to be in the actual group in the first place.

So all fans are protesting and busy signing petitions. Some even go as far as bashing Henry.

I pity henry. he's the biggest victim here. I'll be very hurt if i was henry. Sure, his talents will be wasted in suju, and as a solo artists, i dont think he can make it. And he doesnt even speak chinese, so WHATS THE POINT ? But its not like he WANTS to be public enemy number 1. Poor guy.

#26 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

at Busan Performance just nw,
the Korean ELF shouted "Henry, Sorry, 13 people" when he is playing the violin part in dondon performance.
credit: henry bar in baidu

god, fans suck.

Posted Image
this pic made fans of suju insult henry more because he was there, but not kyuhyun.

i feel like going "oh sweetheart, and hugging him or something." I feel REALLY bad for the boy and I don't care anymore if he enters suju c, or even superjunior. I still don't want him to enter, but for different reasons, because if he entered, imagine what ELFs would do to him.
its amazing how everyone was fawning over him before the announcement, and treating him this bad after this. He is bound by contract. NOT HIS FAULT.

Is there like a way we can show support to him? ><

am i going to be talking to myself again?

Edited by madelyn93, 05 October 2007 - 01:41 AM.

#27 reesilove

reesilove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:05 AM

HENRY!!!
i've gone crazy for this boy
since the first time I saw Don't Don.
He's so cute!!
he's kind of inspiring me to buy a violin..
and learn more...
then again..i'm lazy.
I LOVE THE FACT THAT HE SPEAKS ENGLISH!

mann...
the Korean Elves are so...MEAN!
seriously...they need to lay off of him..
i wanna cheer him up.

he's only...4 years older than me :]]
bahahahaha

GO HENRY!! <33

#28 Guest_azngal02_*

Guest_azngal02_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

so he's basically american? ... is he going to start learning korean?..
and he cant exactly talk much chinese?...if he could speak chinese..
hankyung from SJ could help him~~...Hankyung is chinese too ~~

#29 luv_dotz

luv_dotz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

madelyn93 ~i feel so sorry for him i know it's not his felt!! T_T i'll support him all the way!!!! Wow he met DBSK?? Wow i wish i was him @ that moment , BUT not now, though!!

does anyone have more pics of Henry???

#30 berries8

berries8

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:25 AM

I feel so bad for Henry. It's not his fault. It's LSM yet Henry is the one getting the bashing. It's amazing how everything turn around so fast. Couple days ago, everybody was like oh Henry, this and that. I thought I even heard some Henry chants when he performed but after this SuJu China report, people's like No to Henry, and bashing and more bashing. I just saw the latest Don't Don performance on Music Bank. People were purposely screaming 13 13 13 during Henry's part. I heard Henry cried but I am not positive. If it's true, gosh, my heart goes out to him.

Yeah, that picture will make Korean Elf mad b/c it does look like Henry is part of SuJu. He' posing with them and is even doing the usual Super Juni-OR sign. Yeah and add to the fact, Baby Kyu's not there.

#31 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

azngal
yeah, american. i think he HAS to start learning korean and chinese. i think it'll be part of the contract, because he's targeting asian fans, and most koreans and chinese dont know much english

ashie
they're all saying he cried. i would too if i were him. TT~TT poor him

#32 Nina_chan

Nina_chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:31 PM

So people dont like him because hes going to be in a sub group?
He's soo nice, how can they do that to him.. so mean
can henry sing??

Edited by Nina_chan, 07 October 2007 - 09:31 PM.

#33 VINTAGECHARM

VINTAGECHARM

♥ j i y o n g;

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

my heart just broke when i heard that he cried after their performance. man its not like his fault, they shouldnt waste their energy and scream SUJU 13 till their voice crack but go to LSM ;p

but i saw a member on soompi, seeing that people can write her msgs for henry and she gonna email them then ^^ thats kyoot; i hope henrys gonna be allright after reading supportive mails and whatnot : )

can henry sing??

according to friends and his school; he can. he won some singing competitions, so i think he gotta have singing skills. he'll be trained so i think its no problem. lotsa singers in korea started with so so vocals but did it in the end ne? ;D

#34 Maxikins

Maxikins

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

i hope people will just accept if Suju has another member it is not like it is a big deal any way......plus i dont think he will be and maybe if he is it will only be for suju chinia and that is an sub group that is formed....do i think they should leave henry alone..

Henry Hwaiting(fighting)...i suppor any Canandian artist that is going to asia to pursue a career............

#35 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:01 AM

vintagecharm
thats what synthesizers are for right?
I want that email! do you know where you saw that?
i really wanna make henry feel better

#36 VINTAGECHARM

VINTAGECHARM

♥ j i y o n g;

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:04 AM

i saw it on soompi in the super junior thread ..

seriously, i wanted to find that post .. but the thread is moving to fast. it was a member saying that he/she knows henry personally or is some acquaintance and she could email him - so not really get his email and you can email him personally, prolly something with his privacy -

maybe you can browse through the pages if you have a soompi account : )

agree, i wanna make him feel better too =/ that poor is being hated by all the fans. even on bestiz theyre all saying .. ONLY 13 or so.

#37 delavender

delavender

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

found something about henry......well,i'm ok if he's a member of suju C.....bcos he's talented...no idea why i should disagree with this....but...henry must know...he will face many troubles....hope he will get ready for it...Henry hwaiting...!!!!

From Henry Baidu Bar

This is the conversation between Henry and a fan in Korea. (This is taken from her CY.)

I just translate into English.

SJ-China and SJ is 2 different groups.
I am not going to join in SJ.
There is a misunderstanding.

By HENRY

I know that there are a lot of people disliking me, but I will continue to work hard. I miss my father, mother, brother and my sister. Haven't seen them after I came to Korea.

By HENRY

During CB stage, I make a small mistake, didn't manage to follow the steps but I did it well yesterday. (Smile)

By HENRY

Actually I know Chinese but there isn't any chance for me to speak it. Everyone think that I don't know Chinese but I know it and still learning it. Just that it will be hard if you ask me to write it out. My name is 刘宪华 Liu Xian Hua.

BY HENRY

Actually I don't like the image of me in the album. My hair covered almost all my face. But company said that I haven't debut yet so I can't show my face.

BY HENRY

After coming to Korea for half a year, I don't really have much friends. Have to train and practice everyday. I have to wake up at 5.30am tomorrow (It is already 3.30am when he said this.)

Credit: misuzu@sapphire-sg.org + Henry's Baidu Bar

#38 madelyn♥donghae

madelyn♥donghae

Tablo to the death of me

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1325 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:18 AM

i heard it was henry's birthday yesterday
really?????
I DIDNT WISH HIM TT~TT
bad me bad me.
why are finals now?
happy belated birthday?

#39 delavender

delavender

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

yeah..it's henry bday yesterday..i also forgot to wish for him....mianhe henry...

#40 ChrisRenHeb

ChrisRenHeb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:40 AM

I really liked how he came across in the video and in the performances.
I wish they had featured him more, but he is a trainee.
I wish for even more from him and hope his birthday was good.
I find him to be very talented, I want to see more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: super junior m, henry lau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users