AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Philippines] BEST and WORST Telenovela's shown ever

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 maryglenf

maryglenf

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:00 PM

Guys please post your BEST & WORST Original Pinoy TV Dramas.

Well for me my BEST pinoy drama choice is Pangako Sayo starred by Kristine Hermosa & Jericho Rosales.

and my WORST drama choice is Margarita starred by Wendy Valdez.

HOw about ppl.......

you MUST give REASONS for your choices! Explain WHY you think the drama is the BEST/WORST. Otherwise your post will be DELETED.

Edited by ♥-ScrystaLz-♥, 23 January 2009 - 09:04 AM.

#2 tolkien

tolkien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

ako din pangako sa yo and sa dulo ng walang hanggan. I'm a fan of Kristine, I just find her soooo pretty. I don't know about you but I love Gulong ng Palad especially the beginning. I'm so looking forward to her new series Princessa ng Banyera. I love TJ as well but I also like her with her real life boyfriend Diether Ocampo.

Hate ko din Margarita and Natutulog ba ang Diyos cause I don't like Roxanne, I'm sorry for her fans. I also did not like Panday and Sarah's new teleserye with Jericho. I feel like they are trying to force a connection with Echo and Sarah and I just don't see it. Especially now that Heart is there......I was like what the heck is she doing there. It just feels weird.

#3 Jericho Ramirez

Jericho Ramirez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:34 AM

I haven't watched too many teleseryes but here are the ones I like :

I LOVED Maria Flordeluna's ending.. it was so sad.
I liked Gulong ng Palad because of Sheryn Regis' Song - Hindi Ko Kayang Iwan Ka
I also like anything Sarah Geronimo.. so Bituing Walang Ningning and also Pangarap na Bituin

I don't know if i didn't like any teleserye.. but I know that there were some parts about a few teleseryes that i didn't totally like.

#4 ♥hippo-holic♥

♥hippo-holic♥

-certified Seomate-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5583 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:48 AM

I cant really state the bests or the worsts coz i dont really watch too much local shows but i liked watching Pangarap na Bituin & those telenovelas that stars Claudine Barretto & the late Rico Yan since i really like watching them together. The shows that i really dont like are Marimar, Zaido, Mulawin & yeah most of them are from gma i just dont like their taste when is comes to making their shows they are too unrealistic just like Zaido!

PEACE TO THE KAUPOS HERE!

#5 lovemixin

lovemixin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:10 AM

er.. best for me.. is... sana maulit muli!! gerald and kim are soo cuute!!

im not sure if this is considered as a telanovela... but i would have to saaaay rounin and kokey..

#6 aminosity

aminosity

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:22 AM

Best - Maging Sino Ka Man and Mga Anghel na Walang Langit
Worst - Walang Kapalit, Till Death Do As Part, Mula Sa Puso etc...

Margarita was actually a good series. Its only flaw was its choice of actors. Wendy, though, was good for a first timer actress.

Edited by aminosity, 03 October 2007 - 12:27 AM.

#7 jjgal77

jjgal77

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:23 PM

I like Maging Sino Ka Man and I can't wait for book 2 to start.

I disliked Margarita... the only reason why I watched a few episodes of it is because of Diether Ocampo. He should keep his hair short coz it looks better on him than his Rounin hair... oh yeah, I did not like Rounin either... that series boasted about the special effects, action stunts but goodness, they should've made sure that the story was good... :rolleyes:

#8 dgluvjc

dgluvjc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:03 AM

best for me is sana'y maulit muli by kimerald. it is my favorite! and also maging sino ka man. i love the 4 lead actors plus the supporting ones too. of all the telenovelas i've seen for both competing networks, the worst for me is BAKEKANG! the story is uncomprehensible and crazy! i don't even like sunshine dizon.. she looks to PLASTIC in my opinion..

#9 elanation

elanation

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:46 AM

The best is: Maging Sino Ka Man. gah! the four lead actors are just damn great! and i love the storyline too.

The worst is :Margarita. the show was a complete production bust.

#10 jennyblock72

jennyblock72

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

Oh, I agree, Pngako sa yo is the best, so far. the worst - i have to agree again its bakekang. screecchh. the title is even bleh.

#11 i am DALKI

i am DALKI

"this is CONSPIRACY!!"

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

well i'm more on KAPAMILYA teleseryes. :D
am not really fond of watching tv but i like claudine's seryes.
Mula sa puso was good, MARINA and sa Dulo ng walang hanggan also.
not really unto walang kapalit and the one where she starred with Diether, angelika, bea, john lloyd and shaina.

#12 kyung-jin aoi

kyung-jin aoi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

PANGAKO SA'YO is my choice for best telenovela.And SANA MAULIT MULI. WHY?

BECAUSE IT'S INTERNATIONAL QUALITY! HAS BEEN DUBBED FOR AUDIENCES IN ASIAN COUNTRIES WHO DON'T speak English!

Worst for me is MARIMAR. and ZAIDO and MULAWIN and LUPIN, and many to mention.... :buahaha

hehehehe....
!
:noclue

#13 elizabeth_j18

elizabeth_j18

.:"Cute China Doll":.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

best- MariMar
Worst- Till Death Do As Part ( I didn't even know this drama exist not till now)

how can you say that something is worst if you didn't have the slightest idea that it exist? sorry, it's just too confusing...

anyway, best for me is "maging sino ka man", worst is everything that gma 7 produced. that's all!

#14 Annjhelica

Annjhelica

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

im getting hooked up with this "Tayong Dalawa" even though im not a big fan of Kim Chiu and Gerald anderson pairing.. i love the storyline and dude.. the actors were all awardees.. they are suc a good actors and actresses..

so far i hate all these dramas/teleseryes which are soo unreal like something to do with magics and stuff..

#15 flower_child

flower_child

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

i would have to place my bets on twin hearts, walang hanggan, forever in my heart, te amo and babangon ako't dudurugin kita from gma... from abs - i love betty la fea, maging sino ka man, gulong ng palad and kay tagal kang hinintay :hb:

Edited by flower_child, 03 February 2009 - 03:18 PM.

#16 16_ASiAN-iSH!

16_ASiAN-iSH!

`*I ♥TK .. ♡보구싶어요

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:10 AM

BEST:My Girl-Kim Chiu&&Gerald Anderson
*I really love the story.:] I watched some of the episodes when I was in the Philippines and some are in the internet-when I already left Philippines.:]
WORST:Maybe mostly shows from GMA. Lol.:]
*I just don`t like the production and stuff.:]

#17 sugarsweet

sugarsweet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:39 AM

Hmmn...

There are really great teleseryes from ABS-CBN but for me, the BEST is SANA MAULIT MULI. It's the first tv series that has that kind of story. And mind you, the cinematography is also nice. :iloveyou: I just watched it religiously. :thumbsup

I also like BITUING WALANG NINGNING, PANGARAP NA BITUIN, SPIRITS and so far I'm liking TAYONG DALAWA. :yeah

The WORST for me is LIGAW NA BULAKLAK. I just hate the character of Leah. Enough said. :thumbdown

#18 einjhel

einjhel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

Best: Kahit Isang Saglit (Echo's acting is Superb) :thumbsup ...never missed a single epi..tehehe..

Worst:Panday (the special effects really sucks) :thumbdown

#19 tracycutie

tracycutie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

my favorites are:
Maging Sino Ka Man (Book 1 had 2 EPIC love stories of Eli and Jackie, JB and Celine which were superbly acted by John Lloyd, Bea and Anne...even Sam's acting improved a lot.

Pangako Sayo (sindicated to other countries all over the world, starring Kristine Hermosa and Jericho Rosales who had wonderful chemistry)

Kahit Isang Saglit (co produced with Malaysia, Jericho Rosales with charming Malaysian Carmen Soo)

and

Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay (the drama that started the great team up of John Lloyd 'Yuri' Cruz and Bea 'Katrina' Alonzo - their chemistry was AMAZING)

Worst are probably from GMA because yeah their production quality is low and even the actors can't act (maybe some can, but most are just bad) and I just generally dislike anything from that channel.

There are ones from ABS that are pretty forgettable too like the one starred Claudine and Piolo being stepsibblings in love, Panday because Jericho and Heart didn't have chemistry at all!

Edited by tracycutie, 06 February 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#20 kathchie

kathchie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

for me the best is: impostora .. ( shine, iza, mark, and alfred acting here is really good)

the worst is: la vendetta (the first part of the series was good.. but afterwards, it suddenly "pumangit"

#21 myfungs0y

myfungs0y

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

Best: Maging Sino Ka Man (book 1) _ Love how the they made some twists in the story but it was kinda long, as in.

Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita - good acting though there are some bad but they pulled it through.

Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay - this one is classic, dupe long but worth it. SO many twists in the story, worth watching.

Worst: Bakekang - I don't know I just don't like the way the story goes everyday.

and Panday - I just don't like Heart-Echo tandem. It might have clicked if they choose a different pair(especially Hearts position).

#22 zer0se7en

zer0se7en

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

BEST:

Maging Sino Ka Man (Book 1&2) - I love 1st Book than the 2nd.

The Characters were so amazing. I've never seen such an amazing development in characters. They were not like those typical characters you see on other Philippine drama. Especially, JB and Celine, I was so into them. They had the most interesting love story. The lines were very captivating. And the plot was definitely interesting. It's worth watching. :thumbsup

And Kudos also to all the actors for doing such an amazing job for bringing the characters into life. clapclap

Sana Maulit Muli

I've seen this kind of story before. The film 'Only You' had the same plot but still I find this drama okay.

Mga Anghel na walang langit :innocent

A very interesting story. :crying:

WORST:

SOOo many to mention them all. I just know that all of them were produced by GMA network. :thumbdown :whistle

#23 melrosegirl

melrosegirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

My two all time favorites have to be:

Lobo - Piolo and Angel's collaboration was just so kilig to the max and the story line wasn't so bad either. It had passion, mystery, intrigue, and very cute scenes. In addition, I loved the friendship between Dimples and Angel in this one.

LaLola - Yes, a GMA show. hah :) This is probably the only show I ever EVER liked from GMA. Rhian and Kimpee were just hilarious and I loved the kilig-factor between Rhian and JC. This show was just so funny; a delight to watch, really.

Some others worth mentioning: Sana Maulit Muli, My Girl

The WORST in my book:

Marimar - DO NOT GET ME WRONG, this show was awesome in the beginning. However, it started going into the crapper when Angelika became Marimar's half sister (GMA extended the show). Then it all came crumbling down on its ass.

Ang Babaeng Hinugot Sa Aking Tadyang - This show was SO not what it promoted to be. Everyone thought it was going to be some kind of spin off of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith." Dead wrong. Far from it. I hate how Proserfina is just so badly beaten up in this show and the directing.. don't get me started.

Afternoon dramas on ABS - Pieta, Eva Fonda, Ligaw Na Bulaklak - All for the same reason: I don't want to watch sadness and pain rolled into a ginormous ball of stupidity during my afternoons.

And that's my two cents. :D

#24 h0llisterg1rl

h0llisterg1rl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

The best is: Maging Sino Ka Man. gah! the four lead actors are just damn great! and i love the storyline too.

same here!! the best is Maging Sino Ka Man... my family even had our relatives in the philippines send us the original DVDs just for this telenovela...

i haven't watched too many pinoy dramas lately but the worst ones are the fictional ones and when the effects are so ... ughh. :(

#25 essiren521

essiren521

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

the best: Tayong Dalawa (though it is not finished yet, i think this is the only teleserye that get me hooked up and i like the story ..it is not boring to watch and the actors are good)

the worst: all those teleseryes that has kontrabida that is super duper bad to the point that you'll ask yourself are these really human?

#26 mElody!

mElody!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

The best will be MY GIRL and LALOLA
~My Girl because the I love kim and Enchong.LOLz:))(NO OFFENSE FOR THE KIMERALDS BUT ENCHONG AND KIM REALLY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER).
~Lalola because it's entertaining and Rhian's wardrobe is the best!
*I also like TAYNG DALAWA*
The worst will be DYESEBEL and ANG BABAENG HINUGOT SA AKING TADYANG
~Marian is the worst!Such a sl*t!I'm actually didn't watch that show.

--------------------
Posted Image

Edited by mElody!, 12 April 2009 - 04:25 PM.

#27 milk*tea

milk*tea

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:33 AM

the worse for me is that show called wowowee. i dunno. i just find the host a bit of a hypocrite...and yeah....there's just something off with it~

#28 mushiii ♡

mushiii ♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:48 AM

ahhhm..

BEST FILIPINO TELESERYE for me are???

Maging Sino Ka Man book 1 and 2.. It is really different from other telenovelas I had watch before.... I love the tandem of John Lloyd and Bea too..

Sana'y Maulit Muli... ahhhmm.. I just got hooked by this drama because of its thrilling scenes...

WORST FILIPINO TELESERYE for me?? hmmp.. I think it's belong to GMA network! peace out.. KAPUSO!!! :V :whistle

#29 rigumi19

rigumi19

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

best for me..
Maria Flordeluna and I Love Betty Le Fea
i'm hooked with it b/c of its nice plot and scenes..

the worst..
eh, geez i can't think of any..

#30 chuva

chuva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

BEST:

KAY TAGAL KITANG HININTAY- loved yuri and katrina here... this is the series that
put bea and john lloyd to where they are now, imho..

PANGAKO SA 'YO- who could forget madam claudia and amor powers?

MAGING SINO KA MAN- once again bea and john lloyd showed their acting prowess
"i never... said... that i love you"-JB (sam)
"yes i am a slot, but i am the bast slot in town"-celine (anne)

TAYONG DALAWA-watching and loving it!
nice story line, powerful actors...

WORST:

*all of those dramas where the story is being dragged!* :argh
:thumbdown

Edited by chuva, 09 May 2009 - 04:58 PM.

#31 marvee

marvee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

para sa akin esperanza parin at mara clara judy ann santos is such a great actress i really admired her talent

#32 mickeylaff

mickeylaff

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

BEST: Iisa Pa Lamang, Tayong Dalawa
BECAUSE: Tayong Dalawa has good casting, and Iisa Pa Lamang dealt with Haciendas (Spanish and Mexican plantations), the Spanish and Mexican brought and started the wave of TeleNovelas in the Philippines.

WORST: Marimar, and Margarita
BECAUSE: Marimar (the GMA adaptation) was too long in my opinion and I didnt really like the cast except for Marian :worship
Margarita because the story was weak and the cast was boring for me :unsure:

#33 yukice

yukice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

BEST: kahit isang saglit, maging sino ka man

WORST: zaido and most shows on GMA7. i have nothing against them, their shows just doesn't suit my taste.

#34 Shining★mjjeje

Shining★mjjeje

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:57 AM

BEST clapclap

Iisa pa lamang :iloveyou: simply because the cast are superb! :yeah and i like angelica's role :blush

WORST <_<

all GMA's drama :slant caused i never ever had watched there dramas since birth ^_^* sorry to all KAPUSO fans here :shifty:

Edited by d.gorgeous, 18 July 2009 - 05:58 AM.

#35 bakaners

bakaners

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:43 AM

BEST:

Maging Sino Ka Man (ABS-CBN 2) - i would like to commend their writers! the characters are multi-dimensional---my favorite is Celine (Anne Curtis) yeah, she's "the best sl*t in town!" the characters developed a lot and their lines are unforgettable.

Encantadia (GMA7)- the only fantaserye that gains my respect and got the standards that i am looking for! even though this is not first-ever fantaserye, this is the most magical plot i've ever seen. i like the idea of putting pinoy culture in here like the diwatas.

Pieta (ABS-CBN 2)- i know that some scenes are very gruesome--but i love the plot. and cherie gil, who is known for villain roles managed to be a protagonist which is tough act for someone like her.

WORST:

Dyesebel (GMA 7)- I don't know, I just don't like the cinematography---everything.

#36 ilovepink22

ilovepink22

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

best: maging sino ka man, sana maulit muli, tayong dalawa... you can never predict what would happen in these dramas... these dramas are so full of twists....

worst: all the shows in gma7... ahahah... joke... sorry, but for me most of their shows are really bad.... no offense mag Kapuso.... hehehe...

#37 lindsay

lindsay

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3132 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

[color="#800080"]BEST:

KAY TAGAL KITANG HININTAY- loved yuri and katrina here... this is the series that
put bea and john lloyd to where they are now, imho..

PANGAKO SA 'YO- who could forget madam claudia and amor powers?

Yap. I agree to this. Though I havent watched lots of series lately, but these 2 shows I have watched from start to finish. :worship

WORST:

ZORRO... pleeeeeaase!
Rosalinda: BAD,BAD acting!shessh! From the leads to the supporting casts. I checked it out and less than 10 minutes, just have to switch channel, because the acting was REALLY HORRIBLE! arrggh!

#38 xserenityx

xserenityx

I WanNa FLy...

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Adik sa yo is the best ever! no one can beat it! superb script!

the rest are just purely annoying.....

and i disagree with the above postings!
rosalinda is somehow better than others....

Edited by xserenityx, 13 August 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#39 Narda

Narda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:47 AM

BEST-
Pangako Sa'yo - From the story, acting, the set, and the chemistry between Kris-Echo!
And yeah.. who can forget Madame Claudia & Amor?
KTKH - For a drama, it was suspenseful and thrilling. Also because of JLC-BEA. Hehe.
Tayong Dalawa -Despite the twists, turns and extended subplot, it still keeps you hooked.
Pangarap Na Bituin - Cliche storyline but with good chemistries between the leads.

WORST-
I feel bad for GMA, almost everyone who replied here are probably biased TFC subscribers!
(LIKE ME!) muahahha.Just Kidding
but I have to agree!!

Oh but one TFC drama I did not like at ALL was Panday!
Cinematography, graphics, etc...
Only thing good was the theme song!LMFAO.

#40 bonitazheng

bonitazheng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

Your right, the Pangako sayo was really the best, my lola even got hospitalized twice because of high blood pressure because of amor and claudia.