AF needs funding again

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What kind of anime is kinda funny/romantic?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Mooie

Mooie

Melissa Cheung + Edmon Lu <3

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

I really love to watch stuff that makes me laugh like crazy, or has an interesting plot. Can anyone tell me a few?

So far..some really funny ones I watched was:
Ouran High School Host Club
Yakitate! Japan
Fruits Basket
Clannad {Still watching}
Ichigo 100%
Air TV

Does anyone know if "school days" is good btw? A brief review would be nice. Post your anime recommendations here :P

Edited by ExCompulsive, 26 November 2007 - 08:41 AM.

#2 ストライクフリーダム

ストライクフリーダム

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:27 AM

I'd say School Days is neither funny nor romantic .. if you want more info there's another thread on AF about it.

I enjoyed watching Lovely Complex .. it made me laugh out loud on several occasions and the plot is also interesting. I would recommend this series if you like that sort of thing.

#3 Sempai Suiro

Sempai Suiro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

I'd Prefer..................................

FUNNY.. :

shocked: :thumbsup

Because whenever you remember a ANIME,you will remember a anime w/ a genre of COMEDY will comes to your mind first than any other genre..because it makes u laugh and happy..

#4 Chaotic Requiem

Chaotic Requiem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:45 AM

I think you should try Kanon, Clannad, Zero no Tsukaima, Shakugan no Shana, Hayate no Gotoku, Minami-ke, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, and Lucky Star. These are just a few of what I consider worth watching but your taste may be different. Give those a try.

#5 Dark Link

Dark Link

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

'Love Hina' is a classic in this category. The person in my avatar is from this anime. His name is Keitaro, he's stupid and geeky, failed to enter Tokyo University 3 times and gets 'kicked' out of his home. He becomes the manager in an all girls dorm and then it becomes really funny. There are some who think that Keitaro is too whimpy and hate that kind of guys. But watching him made be confident about being who I am. I guess it's somewhat old by now, but the drawings look fine.

#6 tatjana

tatjana

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Definitely check out boys over flowers--its just hilarious (i read the 1st vol. and couldn't stop laughing) anyway it gets more serious as you go.. but definitely check it out...

#7 shadowblitz

shadowblitz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:50 PM

school days suck! get really pissed of watching it coz of the main character (makoto) being such a jerk..

i would recommend lucky star definitely, school rumble 1 and 2, onegai teacher, full metal panic (if you like some action in anime), zero no tsukaima, love hina, ichigo 100%, kanon.

have fun watching anime!

#8 miszhuggable

miszhuggable

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:57 AM

fushigi yugi is a good anime too. They have funny and romantic inside too ^^
You you shoudl watch it. I'm wondering to watch lucky star but i don't know what it is about xD

#9 CrazyCoward

CrazyCoward

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:28 AM

School rumble, both romance and comedy :P
Same with Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!

Boys over flowers is also called Hana Yori Dango btw. theres a manga, anime and japanese drama made about it. I dunno about the anime, but the drama is really good.

#10 s031932

s031932

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

If you are looking for a funny and romantic anime then you should definitely watch Yamato Nadeshiko Shishi Henge. It's about four beautiful guys who gets to stay at an mansion for free. But there is one condition. They have to turn the landlords niece into a real lady. You think it's easy? Then think again. A really funny anime with a not so common heroine. It's based on a manga which is also called Perfect Girl Evolution.

Another anime that made me laugh alot is Fruits Basket. I really recommend it. It's about a family and it's relatives with a kinda strange curse. Whenever they are hugged by the opposite sex, they will turn into an animal. And not just any animal, it's the same as the ones on the chinese zodiak (and the cat)! Life just went on while they tried to avoid the opposite sex, but then came a girl that might change their fate...

#11 teppanyakiboyz

teppanyakiboyz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

Should be School Rumble and Honey & Clover. Both are funny and kinda romantic. School Rumble is my fav anime in high school category. Honey & Clover is quite special. When I 1st watch it, I thought the drawing is very weird, but as you watch it, you will feel that the story is great....both are highly reckon...

#12 f/c/j

f/c/j

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star, Miname-ke, Bamboo Blade.

for Manga though, read Pastel ;)

#13 ironbomb

ironbomb

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1576 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

Suzuka - Romance/Drama...a little bit of Comedy. I recommend both the anime/manga since the anime stayed true to the manga =).

#14 cheebear

cheebear

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

Fruit Basket is a good anime. I love it. It's one of my first anime. It's made me laugh, and it has a bit of romance in it. It's very cute. They characters are a comedy. Check it out!!

#15 juljul

juljul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

Lovely Complex 100%
XD

#16 Guest_misz_alice_*

Guest_misz_alice_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

i would say Ghost Hunt...theres plenty of scenes that are funny and romantic!! you should watch it...

#17 concentrated_juice

concentrated_juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:36 AM

If you are looking for a funny and romantic anime then you should definitely watch Yamato Nadeshiko Shishi Henge. It's about four beautiful guys who gets to stay at an mansion for free. But there is one condition. They have to turn the landlords niece into a real lady. You think it's easy? Then think again. A really funny anime with a not so common heroine. It's based on a manga which is also called Perfect Girl Evolution.

I SO AGREE!
i love this anime
i wonder why there are no discussion for this..
i recommend this..because i find it funny. :lol:

#18 aznsuperman929

aznsuperman929

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:58 PM

the funny anime that i seen are The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ,Tenchi Muyo!, bleach naruto

#19 -imba-

-imba-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

I'd say School Days is neither funny nor romantic .. if you want more info there's another thread on AF about it.

I enjoyed watching Lovely Complex .. it made me laugh out loud on several occasions and the plot is also interesting. I would recommend this series if you like that sort of thing.

School days is evil, hate the main character not recommending it
Agreed on lovely complex highly recommend

#20 Azure!

Azure!

Graaay <3

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1066 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hmm, if you are looking for a funny AND romantic anime, I would definitely suggest Zero no Tsukaima. It's really nice and the art is clean and neat and the characters look good. There are two seasons for this anime and it totals up to about 25 or 26 episodes only. But it's a must waste for people who like the romantic comedy genre. Seriously.

It's about this girl named Louise and she's in this magic academy(the world is a magical world) and she's constantly teased and called Louise the Zero because of her horrible magic. All she can do is make things explode. Then, being a second year, it is once again the time for the second years to summon their Tsukaima(Familiar) that will be like, their companion for their entire lives. A Familiar is like a slave, you see. And usually, the Familiars that are summoned are animals or magical creatures like dragons and so forth. But Louise accidentally summons a normal human guy named Saito from the human world and thus, he becomes her Familiar. Initially, she dislikes him and bla bla bla, they fall in love after many adventures and funny events. It's a typical but VERY NICE romantic comedy anime.

And I see many people recommending Lucky Star/Raki Suta. You should watch that too. It's really funny and random but it's not exactly romantic. But if you just want a good laugh, you should watch it.

#21 DarkFire

DarkFire

Addicted To Anime

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

I found Azumanga Daiou to be very funny. I don't think it's romantic but it still a great series to watch. :)

#22 hustler789

hustler789

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:39 PM

I would recomend clannad, school rumble, bokura ga ita, air tv, suzuka

#23 @geter

@geter

Hoi !!! Hoi !!!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

Ichigo 100% and School Rumble is da best so far.. They ar really funny !!! There ar love flying around the whole anime.. Kekeke.. Everyone will enjoy these 2 anime..

@geter >:)

#24 44twenty

44twenty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:06 AM

If you want funny anime I think: lucky star, azumanga daioh, the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, ouran high school host club and rozen maiden are good.

For romance I think: bokura ga ita, kare kano, peach girl, REC and midori no hibi are good.

#25 amanla

amanla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

Animes I've watched:

LOVELY COMPLEX!
It's about a super tall girl and short boy.
It's hilarious and I cried cause it's romantically sad.
Comedy and Romance.

Naruto.
He's just so cute.

Ouran High School Host Club.
About a few high school super rich boys and a VERY poorl girl who couldn't even afford a uniform.
then she broke an expensive vase and was forced to join a club to entertain girls.
It's REALLY funny.
The rich people got all worked up just to drink powder formed coffee, as known as the "commoner coffee".
It's super funny.

#26 chibimarukochan

chibimarukochan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

Welcome to the NHK is a good one with some subtle Romance in it.

#27 polarpotterbear

polarpotterbear

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

Definitely go for Itazura na Kiss and Lovely Complex. Itazura na Kiss always makes me heart go all fuzzy but also has some really funny moments.

#28 CCFJ

CCFJ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:01 AM

You can give these animes a try:

1. Skip Beat!
2. Midori No Hibi
3. Earl and Fairy
4. Itazura na Kiss
5. Full Moon Wo Sagashite
6. Yumeiro Patissiere
7. Yamato Nadeshiko

They aren't listed in any particular order.
I just listed the ones I thought that chicks would like
Lemme know what you think of them ^.^

#29 toi_kioku

toi_kioku

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Kimi ni Todoke is one of the best anime's of its kind, ever.
A bit underrated/underwatched, too. Definitely recommended, from me anyways. :D

#30 hola. i THINK im a person.

hola. i THINK im a person.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

ok. School days is about a boy named Makoto Ito. Makoto is a high school student who's some-what popular, but he doesnt know it. On the train, he sees a girl who goes to his school, named Kotonoha Katsura. Makoto has seen her a couple times and has fallen in love with her. He took a picture of her on his cell (apparently its like a charm to keep a picture of the person you like on your phone without them knowing). That morning, when he sat down at school, he looked at the picture. Sekai Saionji, his seat neighbor, saw the picture. She promised to befriend Kotonoha for him, to give him links to her. At the end of the day, Sekai comes back to him saying kotonoha is her friend and that the three of them will have lunch together on the roof. So they have lunch and the two get along. After a couple days of this, Makoto confesses and Kotonoha accepts. So they go out for a little while, but then, Makoto gets a little ahead of himself (so to say). Kotonoha is visibly unconfortable about it. He asks for Sekai's advise on how to "put the moves" on girls. Sekai agrees. But, at the end of the day, its gets a little too serious. After that, Makoto seems to lose interest in Kotonoha. He feels more comfortable around Sekai, but with Kotonoha, he feels like he constantly needs to watch what he says and does. Makoto says numerous times to Sekai that he loves her, and not Kotonoha. Sekai says that Kotonoha is his girlfriend, not herself. Makoto, trying to convince Sekai that they should be together, completely ignores Kotonoha. Eventually, Makoto "can't hold his feeling back anymore" and they... uhh.... you know what i mean. So, after that, Makoto and Sekai start seeing each other secretly. But Sekai says constantly that he needs to break up with Kotonoha. He says he will, with no mind what-so-ever on doing that. That's about the time when Makoto realizes that hes kinda popular. Then, everything just gets worse. srry, i tried no to say too much... i didnt do very well. But, overall, in the beginning, its kinda like an innocent love story, then it becomes a love triangle, but then, it gets really disturbing, especially the ending. hope this helps!! :TY :yahoo

#31 kubota0

kubota0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

itazura na kiss is funny as it is romantic. I would really like to read the whole manga version. Does anyone know where to find it further than vol 8 Ch 29?

#32 Bafflequeen

Bafflequeen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

i don't watch much of those animes but i can name a few
lovely complex, love hina, chobits

#33 Adalin Cho

Adalin Cho

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Itazura Na Kiss. You'll laugh and cry! I bet you will!

#34 aandfsaranghae

aandfsaranghae

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Itazura Na Kiss. You'll laugh and cry! I bet you will!

I highly recommend it. It's a really good anime and it'll make you feel different emotions (:

Edited by aandfsaranghae, 09 September 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#35 ayaboomilky19

ayaboomilky19

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Definetly recommend
Special A
Tora Dora
Itazura na kiss (i see people who already wrote it)
and ESPECIALLY Lovely complex

#36 jos7

jos7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

maid sama! is also pretty good romance/comedy anime series but the story can be kinda slow paced. Here's a review for it: http://jctmusicnotes...-sama-2010.html

#37 craveforeric

craveforeric

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

I would cast my vote in Chobits..It is funny because Hideki Motosuwa is portrayed as some kind of closet perv, a little stupid and Chii a pure innocent who doesn't know a farthing..the way care and fell for each other is also heart warming since they would go to all lengths to help each other out..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users