AF needs funding again

- - - - -

can lemon & limes help u loose weight?

37 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 17 October 2004 - 03:54 AM

can lemon & limes help u loose weight?? jus wondering, cos i heard dis from sumwhere long ago said dat they can. not so sure.

#2 Sylvie

Miss Lazy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:11 AM

lol I don't know... but some of my friend told me that if you eat sour stuff... it'll help you loose weigh... I tried eating lime... but its hella sour so never bother....

• Guests

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:55 AM

No, eating those will not help you lose weight. It can only do harm. Too much acid is no good for your stomach. I'd recommend staying away from it. But I did hear that lemon is able to clean your organs/intestines? Not too sure about that. One thing I'd recommend is fiber. Just eat green leafy stuff.

• Guests

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:03 PM

i also heard dat protein can do d same job, too. is dat true?? if so, than does anybody know wat food has lots of protein. i no milk has sum, buh i don't think it will b enough to help mi loose weight. thanx.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:28 AM

If you try to eat lemons and limes only, you will lose weight because it's sour enough to make you not want to eat it or any food you put it in so you won't want to eat it. Other than that, I can't imagine how you'll lose weight by eating them.

Protein will not make you lose weight. If you eat nothing but protein, you will eventually lose weight, or just not gain any more because your body doesn't store protein as fat. However, eating only strictly protein is not healthy for you. It wil render you less energetic from what I have noticed.

The only tried and true method to lose weight it to control your diet and exercise. A diet does not mean that you do not eat anything or very little. Just becareful that you are not eating a lot more calories than what you will need. A good ammount is maybe 1800-2200 calories per day. Reduce that ammount slightly, maybe to 1600. If you are not eating enough, it can make you unhealthy or sick.

You also need to exercise, 30 min - 1 hr per day 3-5 times a week is good. I lost about 15lb over a period of about 2 months by biking to school and around the neighborhood. In two months, I rode over 400 miles.

I think all these diet fads are for people who want to lose weight, sometimes quickly, without doing anything. It will make your weight fluctuate up and down a lot and is not a permanent solution.

• Guests

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:36 AM

seems like we have confusion, some said that it help while the other is oppose, personally i think, loosing weight is about healthy eating and lifestyle. not too sour nor too sweet will help you achieving what you wish for. be moderate, eat more fibers, and workout. happy slimming

#7 vntl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

Helene, on Oct 17 2004 3 54 AM, said:

can lemon & limes help u loose weight?? jus wondering, cos i heard dis from sumwhere long ago said dat they can. not so sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eating lemon and lime will not help you lose weight... it's a myth. Sour stuff will make you feel more hungry often... which in a case... can cause you to gain more weight, if you get hungry and eat more and not able to burn off those calories.

Protein(comes from wholegrain,wheat,meat,dairyproducts,egg etc...) will not help you lose weight by itself and it can cause you to gain weights if your body doesn't burn it off. the #1 solution to losing weight is excercise and eating a healthy balanced meals.

Surf on the net and look up on a calorie calculator. calculate your daily calorie intake balance.

find out the amount of calories you need between 1800-3500 per day, depends on your weight and height and -500calories. Cut off on sugar related foods/beverages. Do 15-20 minute heavy movement excercises each day 3-5 times a week.

If you keep that up you will notice there will be changes on your body in few weeks. :worship

#8 noregret

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

I find it more hungry after having those sour stuff. So at the end, i have more foods and gain weight...sob sob

#9 Kwammi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:59 PM

I think any type of food would make me hungry :).... But I guess eating lemons are good because they're soo sour. Makes you don't want more :D

#10 kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:33 AM

i never heard of that eating lemon or sour things would help

but i think to much sour things would be bad to the stomach cause its so sour or the acid something

• Guests

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:59 AM

Guest, on Oct 18 2004 10 28 PM, said:

If you try to eat lemons and limes only, you will lose weight because it's sour enough to make you not want to eat it or any food you put it in so you won't want to eat it.  Other than that, I can't imagine how you'll lose weight by eating them.

Protein will not make you lose weight.  If you eat nothing but protein, you will eventually lose weight, or just not gain any more because your body doesn't store protein as fat.  However,  eating only strictly protein is not healthy for you.  It wil render you less energetic from what I have noticed.

The only tried and true method to lose weight it to control your diet and exercise.  A diet does not mean that you do not eat anything or very little.  Just becareful that you are not eating a lot more calories than what you will need.  A good ammount is maybe 1800-2200 calories per day.  Reduce that ammount slightly, maybe to 1600.  If you are not eating enough, it can make you unhealthy or sick.

You also need to exercise, 30 min - 1 hr per day 3-5 times a week is good.  I lost about 15lb over a period of about 2 months by biking to school and around the neighborhood.  In two months, I rode over 400 miles.

I think all these diet fads are for people who want to lose weight, sometimes quickly, without doing anything.  It will make your weight fluctuate up and down a lot and is not a permanent solution.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

too much Lime or lemon is not good for you at all. 1 lime or lemon a day is good enough, because of too much acid in your stomach will harm ur body. And no it does not help you lose weight. Lemon or lime is a good substitute for coke, have it after eating help digest a little bit better and faster. The only way to lose weight is to have a balance diet. Eat healthy food and try to stay at a 1200 calories diet will make a big difference. Those of you who eat 3 big meals a day will definitely have trouble losing weight. The more food u eat the harder it get digest. Have a snake every half an hour to an hour or so, but do eat the healthy stuff. Your metabolism will burn it off much quicker because you're constantly doing something throughout the day so will have no problem digesting it. That's why you see skinny people eat so much and not put on any weight at all.

#12 candy.rain

Shazz

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:09 AM

umm no it does not make yooh lose weight..infact if yooh eat alot of it..the acid could cause ur body some harm..and we want a healthy bod, dunt we? :)

• Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:25 PM

hey, how 'bout eating limes & drink cold water, & make urself wanna go 2 d bathroom ^_^. kekekeke...no seriously, how's dat?

#14 jesika

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

OOOOOOO!!! i heard about this too! lol.. my grandpa told me something about this.. and also it has alot of vitamins and etc... buh im not shure because its so SOUR. ><... buh..hmm.. if i find anything more bout this...i'll tell yew. :)

• Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:44 PM

i heard that lemons make yu digest easier.. so.. if yu digest easier.. den won't yu jus get hungry faster??? =S dunooo. jus a guess. lolz

#16 inlovewithu

my life goal is: marry wang leehom!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:46 PM

my mom read this beauty book that said if u take like a lil tablespoon of lemon juice after dinner...over a period of time..it will help improve ur skin...i actually heard bout the dieting thing too..but i aint positive on that one!

#17 BabyBee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:39 PM

I can't imagine that lemon/lime will help you loosing weight. There are so many methods nowadays, and too many overweight people ( and skinny people who think they're overweight). I think if someone finds out a cure to it he/her will probably win the Nobel Prize. :P
Until then, the best method is the traditional way, eat healthy, do exercises ect ect... you should know it by now :)

• Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:09 AM

It might help you in the beginning but in the long run it might make you sick, because too much acid will make you intestines thinner and that is how you will have ulcer

#19 Pooky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:57 AM

I heard it helps cut down the fat in yoru body. If you eat like one teaspoon of it everyday before dinner it will help you cut down the fat but i'm nto sure if it realyl helps or not. I'm sure that lemon juice can prevent fruits from rottening though.. :noclue

• Guests

Posted 03 November 2004 - 09:39 AM

well, the only thing I know of is that they can make you younger, but that is 30+ of them in a day and for all your life. With all that much low HP in your body, u will died in the first week.

Just don't do it.

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:44 AM

firelightstar, on Nov 3 2004 1 39 AM, said:

well, the only thing I know of is that they can make you younger, but that is 30+ of them in a day and for all your life.  With all that much low HP in your body, u will died in the first week.

Just don't do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i used to love eat sour stuff lots, and now i have a stomach problem, too much acid in it :down , so now it i have to sour stuff, my stomach hurt
the best way to maintain your weight is to have a proper diet and exercise

#22 wantse094

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:33 AM

Actually... my sister's friend did try it... and she drank like a tub of lime juice a day... she lost loads of weight be the end of the month... BUT she suffered from severe gastric... too much acid... loads of ulcers... so if you're gonna try it please be careful... the best thing is to maintain a healthy diet... too much of anything is bad... even leaf greens... according to a research... eating too much spinach encourages kidney stone growth... Oh and exercise of course... you think you can loose weight without sacrificing anything???!!!

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:16 AM

hum.. i am not sure if they will help alot
but i read something about drinkin lemonade will help u to reduce fat. but of course not too much.. nothin is good if u take too much

#24 Cheeza

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:13 PM

Helene, on Oct 17 2004 2 54 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeshies, it does help, or should help. But just try drinking green tea after eating dinner or something. It helps alot.

• Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

If you're not born naturally skinny, then there is no easy way to keeping the weight off. Yup, it takes effort to stay in shape and look good. I think if u dont eat snacks (cookies or candies) it will make a big difference to loosing weight. Or only eat snacks that are healthy, which would mean something low in fat, sugar, but high in fiber, like carrots or celery. Also nuts have a lot off fat, so remember not to eat too much of those either.

#26 KazzaF

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:48 PM

I didn't read thru the post but eat lime and lemon is gonna kill ur stomache. That stuff is very acidic. best way to lose weight is to eat healthy diet and work out. 2 to 3 times a week just doing cardio will help mantain.

There is no miracle pills.

#27 escents

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:57 AM

lemons and limes won't just not be a good diet, but also will make you more hungry. you heard about sour things made you feel like eating? also, it damages your stomach. i think the best way is to eat healthy and exericse at least 3 times a week.

#28 flounderz

oldies

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

citrus helps to increase your digestive system and in turns you will become hungry more quickly, thus increase consumptions. The more you consume the more you gain weight, so for a long term perspective it is ineffective. If you really want to really loose weight, don't be so lazy and excercise. Watch what you eat and get plenty of rest (good for the mind and soul).

#29 henry14

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:32 AM

It will only make u hungry at a faster rate. the only thing it does is that it increases your digestion rate only then you'll feel hungry and input a lot more later which eventually put more weight.....

#30 .HERO.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

eating too much lemons or acids will CLEAR out everything you eat
so be prepared to sit on the toilet all day long :buahaha

#31 feilex

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

i heard eat pineapple can help to reduce weight? Anyone heard before?

#32 juan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

if that's all you gonna eat then yes. i very much doubt that it'll change your weight.
regular exercise and diet is hard work.. but it works

#33 Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,099 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

I am not sure if its true but in chemistry we know that citris acid can dissolve fat if u use alot but ive never tried it so i have no idea.
i have this aunt who drank alot of grapefriut juice which is sour and it made her lose weight.

#34 Subtle Red

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

Not that I'm aware off. If you just changed your eating habits overall then it would help.

#35 ah--yan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:13 AM

i know drinking water with lemon in it is good for your body.. cuz our body is basic and drink acidic beverages will help neutralize it.

but don't eating sour stuff helps to get your appetite bigger too? i guess it can go both ways..

#36 smash901

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:25 AM

i think adding a bit of lemon to your water will help you take away bloatness

#37 hotwell

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

drink eat will help, it's like cleaning up all the oil and nasty stuff that's in your body. you can try apple vinegar with a glass of water. it's 1 table spoon of apple vinegar with 1 full glass of water, you'll be shitting like crazy, but it cleans up your system also and lose some weight. don't over do it tho.

#38 GneL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:23 AM

only with the lemon will harm the body. Heard that lemon mix with maple syrup and drink it through out the day will help to loose weight. my freind tried it before and she said it works, but still have to cut down on food.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users