AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Anyone think ultimate crime fighter is under-rated?

18 replies to this topic

#1 cdragonzc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

i really loved this series but people complained about it being violent making the ratings low.did anyone think that UCF should've got higher ratings?

Edited by × d0ggiel0ver, 01 August 2008 - 04:01 PM.

#2 AngelAngel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:43 AM

Yes, definitely, I've seen worse shows getting higher ratings then this. TUCF was interesting, the end was unique (though a little depressing imo) it had a not as frequently seen cast (besides moses) and the acting was actually quite good. I don't understand at all. I think people just want light hearted series these days.

#3 ptmt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

Yes. this best show of the year deserves better than the avarage rating of 28 that it receives in reality.

#4 themissingpiece

♥ 愛我.請留言

• Forum Masters
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:47 AM

Absolutely underrated. The start of the series absolutely does not prepare you for the last 5 explosive episodes. Those episodes watching John Lung change into a bad cop was unexpected and also heart-breaking to see him eventually go on the path of Aaron without realizing it. It was exciting writing and great emotional acting from Moses, Yoyo, and Yuen Biao. Especially from Yoyo and Yuen Biao, watching them getting hurt seeing the person they care about, turn into another person.

I think this series cements Yoyo & Moses as one of my favorite TVB couples all time. First loved them in TCB. In here, they have great chemistry and even when they didn't focus on their love relationship near the end of the series, so much was said with just a look...! Loved that quote from Moses in the end about their relationship, how it's his turn to take care of her.

#5 dreamxfly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:24 AM

Absolutely! The cast is amazing! The storyline is intriguing. Everyone's performance is worth watching. There is sooo much chemistry between Gigi and Moses.

#6 honamdhhpvn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:25 AM

I just started watching this series and it is really good. Moses acting is really funny and he is one of tvb best actor. :thumbsup

#7 ~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:04 AM

I found this show way better than Word Twisters and stuff...I even like it better than Father and Son/ Family Link etc...it's fairly decent. I only get irritated a bit over Jing Jing's goofs (I still adore Gigi btw...I'm only talking about her character).

#8 Ballistix

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

i think people get tired of seeing the same tvb actors in the same series. tvb is doing a lot of big cast big productions now, but the casts of these productions are roughly the same. Also you may see stars in the same series running at the same time or after another, making them less appealing. I think UCF was a good production but people are getting tired of all those familar faces again and again.

#9 ♥luvergal♥

Asian Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

I was quite suprised when i saw the ratings for UTCF. It is definitely underated. I thought it was much better than men dont cry and that word twisters show and its not even THAT violent. The first bit would have been a bit scary for kiddies but from the middle onwards it wasn't as violent. I agree with Ballistix Even im starting to get sick of seeing the same people over and over again. Moses is in so many series lately and so is kevin. I still like them but i just want to see some different actors. Seeing Gigi was good though :)

#10 Apple Trash

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

definately, i was so captivated by the show...i think its one of the better shows this year...its a shame, the low ratings.

#11 Squirt88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:47 PM

I personally prefer the show without Gigi :P

#12 Teiji

Forever Lonely

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

Definitely underrated. The series has a lot of action from beginning to the end and lots of emotion. I don't know why Hong Kong people didn't like it. =/

I find it one of the best modern action series of 2007.

Edited by lonelyassassin, 31 December 2007 - 09:33 PM.

#13 myolie_admiror

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

This show is quite good comparing it to other shows .. it has an adventure, action makes the serie not boring, you def. can feel the excitement, that is good. I don't understand why the ratings are so low, I want to give them above 30, even 34 or 35 is ok!

#14 appletje

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

I also agreed that UFC is underrated. It was a great plot. And the acting skills in here was very good. I really enjoy watching this serie.

#15 evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

A BIG YES!!! Moses showed his versatility in this show! His on-screen romance with Gigi
was great. Kudos to the scipt writers for making their romance a heart-warming but yet
hilarious one. I think the show had everything.... romance, action, comedy etc....

#16 sweetcorn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

i agree it was underrated, i think moses acting here was far better then HOG, he should have won for this role. This show was better then FAS, MDC and mayb World twister(even tho i have'nt watched it) it had a touch of romance, comedy, action, drama... also gigi and kevin gave a refreshing performance to their usual character.

Edited by sweetcorn, 26 January 2008 - 11:06 PM.

#17 boloney86

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

Yes, I too believe this show was underrated. When this show first came out I thought it would produce good rating because of the cast and storyline. I believe that moses character was very well portray and very believable. He should had won best male for this series than heart of greed.

#18 dreamagain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:20 AM

Yeah I think this show is underrated. I was disappointed to see the ratings weren't as good. I think this series has twists and turns. Moses Chan change. And Kevin Cheng's character.

#19 celebratebobo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

yes!! this series rocked!!!! dunno why the ratings was so lousy...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users