AF needs funding again

Photo

Stephen Fung & Karen Mok's 9 Year Relationship Ended

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 dee-lush

dee-lush

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3945 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:32 PM

http://ol.mingpao.co.../saa01/maa1.txt
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/
translated by dee-lush

Stephen Fung & Karen Mok's 9 Year Relationship Ended

Karen Mok and Stephen Fung, the publically known celebrity couple, have been together for nine years and just when people hope for the two to finally tie the knot, Karen made a surprise announcement that she and Stephen broke up early this year. Karen denied there was a third person in the relationship but claimed the reason to be the inability to see each other on a regular basis. Karen said life is like a live show, you are unable to predict what will happen. The performer admitted that after ending the relationship with Stephen, she cried in front of her family but she still hopes to be good friends with him.

Karen, now 37 years old, was romantically linked with Stephen, who is four years younger, in 1998 and from then on, their relationship blossomed. Yesterday, during her new abum's live mini-concert, Karen revealed as she sang ‘其實我一直想對你說' that she had broken up with Stephen when she first recorded the song early this year, leaving fans shocked and unable to comprehend.

The singer disclosed that the break up caused her to be emotionally unstable but she held back from telling her friends and work mates about the news and instead, only told her parents and brother. When recording ‘其實我一直想對你說', Karen had to force back tears. Despite the split up being ten months ago, Karen is still unhappy because she is a person with normal feelings.

Karen did not reveal the basis on why they split but firmly stated that there was no third person. She expressed that there are no reasons that she and Stephen are together or separate. Karen claimed that it is good if they are lovers and it is also good if they are friends for life.

Karen has been accused of using the news of their break up for media exposure. Regarding this, Karen expressed, “The promotion period is over, if I wanted to use the news, I would have announced it earlier.”

On the other hand, Stephen is currently in Hong Kong editing his new movie ‘Jump' (跳出去) and was unavailable for comment. Inside sources close to Stephen have confirmed the break up was not due to a third person but because the nine relationship was losing its spark. As the two have been busy with work, the time they were separated was far more than that of the time they were together. The last time the ex-lovers worked together was early in the year when Stephen directed Karen's award winning MV in Taiwan. It is said that Stephen was extremely unhappy with the break up and spent two days trying to resurrect the relationship but unfortunately, he was made to accept the reality in the end.

#2 60699

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3676 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

they really kept it on the dl because no one knew, not even their closest friends. 9 years is a long time and its sad, but i'm sure their in content with their decision. i'm pretty sure there's no 3rd party because there hasn't been any news of either of them being with other people since the beginning of the year...hence the shock.

#3 kiwi3

kiwi3

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4579 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:00 AM

Wow i didn't even know that the two have been together for 9 years! It's too bad that the relationship ended but i guess life goes on for the two of them. Glad that they remain friends tho.

#4 self_hypnosis

self_hypnosis

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:01 AM

omg ... 10 months? How did they keep it in without the reporters writing anything at all about it??
Naww they were such a stable and happy lala couple ... =(

#5 pineappleprincess

pineappleprincess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

:shocked: WOW, I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE TOGETHER EITHER

#6 GoODGiRLgONeBaD

GoODGiRLgONeBaD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:48 AM

9 year is a very long time and almost everything would have become a routine if not part of life and it would be extremely difficult for either party to recover from the break up.

Lets just hope there'd be a chance of reconciliation for this two.

#7 bebe2019

bebe2019

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2955 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:15 AM

wow! No way! They've dated for 9 years and separate, this is a shocking news

#8 0MG_Stephhh

0MG_Stephhh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:17 AM

aww, i can't believe they broke up ..
9 years!! geez .. =\
it's like the same with joyce tang and marco ngai .. =\
so sad .. =(
so surprising also .. x[

#9 krustytwistie

krustytwistie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:40 AM

its been like forever, another relationship which couldn't withstand the test of time and distance.

Hopefully, both would recover soon and find their other half sooner.

#10 Gill#1Fan

Gill#1Fan

jay park<3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5898 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:03 AM

omg that is so sad.they look so cute together.why is every celebrity breaking up after so many years

#11 ghuojk

ghuojk

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:40 AM

They were a really odd couple so it's no surprise they broke up. What was really surprising was that it lasted 9 years.

#12 xjeanzxx

xjeanzxx

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2661 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

wow...i didn't know they were together and together for 9 nine longs....this is so sad...they look so cute together...

#13 Joy2004

Joy2004

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:26 AM

awww....thats sad, they've been together for soo long, but i guess after a while the spark is gone? And they seldomly have enough time to see each other

#14 pinkdior

pinkdior

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:53 AM

wow, i nvr knew they were going out until now!!! but i wish them both the best!

#15 Sneez3rific ^^

Sneez3rific ^^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:55 AM

aww...this is so sad!!! they were a golden couple in my eyes!! this break up really hurts the both of them deeply.

#16 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4119 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:06 AM

woah, this is really surprising..there was not even the slightest news that there was trouble in the relationship..and it happened 10 mo. ago..! they really kept it very low profile

:( they looked like they were going to last. unfortunate that such a long relationship ended.

#17 machwnor

machwnor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:23 AM

how many 9 yrs. can ppl have? sad, but they chose to end the relationship...nuthing we can really say

#18 Smirfy

Smirfy

♥CCL71♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4052 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:49 AM

i didnt know they've been together for 9 years...that's such a long time. kinda sad that they split up. hope they can still be friends like karen mentioned.

#19 WuFei07

WuFei07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:03 AM

I feel that Karen seems to be the one who suffers the most since she's 37 now and it's still a 9 year relation which is really long. So, it's tougher to break up like that. Hope they will get to normal life soon...

#20 Guest_jicks_*

Guest_jicks_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:21 AM

That's kinda upsetting news, I really liked Karen & Stephen as a couple. I guess sometimes people just fall out of love.

Good luck to both of them =)

#21 Fēi~ling

Fēi~ling

Christ The Lord

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3027 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

wakz.. i din even know they were together! it's a pity to ended up their relationship after 9 years.. but i guess it's better this way, rather than get married and later divorce.

be strong for both of them.. and hope they can keep contacts with each other

#22 fantasi_me

fantasi_me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

so happy at last they overcame their break-up emotional stress. 9 years are very long indeed and there's no spark or fun anymore in sex or feel anymore.. so, its natural they should split because if continue on, their lives would be boring and in future when they cheated on each other by flirting with others, it would be more emotional unstable. so, stephen should look for other compatible lady for feel again. karen and him been too long together and no more that intimate feel. i believe its stephen that dump karen. its always the case,,,ekin dump maggie after a decade and also gigi leung and now also want to dump yoyo mung...

#23 chocobaby

chocobaby

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:19 AM

wow, that is shocking. However, when they were together I didn't even know and how come they started. Now that they ended, don't know how that happened either. But like she said, it's like a live show, can never predict what will happen next.

#24 may2

may2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

so sorry for both of them...hope for them to see things through.....

#25 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6232 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hong Kong singer and actress Karen Mok held a mini-concert in Taipei on December 15, 2007. During the show she released news of her break-up with long-time boyfriend Stephen Fung. [Photo: yule.sohu.com]

Hong Kong singer and actress Karen Mok wowed her fans in Taipei at a mini-concert on Saturday with both her sexy style and the news of her break-up with long-time boyfriend Stephen Fung.

In enchanting bikini-like costumes, Mok performed several songs from her latest album "L!ve is Karen Mok," which was just released on November 30.

When singing a slow-rhythm love song, the 37-year-old singer announced that she had separated from 33-year-old Hong Kong singer-actor Stephen Fung early this year.

The two had been dating for about nine years, according to the Web site sohu.com.

Mok did not elaborate on reasons for the break-up except to say, "It wasn't for another person."

Credits: Crienglish

Edited by evodrift, 16 December 2007 - 12:34 PM.

#26 toothpick

toothpick

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:30 PM

this is shocking! i always thought that they were quite a cool couple together. this is sad.

#27 Cutieangel

Cutieangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

OMG! I can't believe that they ended their 9 years relationship. I really thought the 2 were as cute and hot!

#28 softie

softie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

wow 9 years and they end their relationship =T

#29 SiGh

SiGh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1374 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:54 AM

gosh.. they look so good in that pic! its really sad and a pity that they broke up.. and really a suprise too when they can keep this a secret for 10 months!!!

#30 Bashful;

Bashful;

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:55 PM

wow 9 years is long and Stephen tried two day to repair their relationship wow. how sweet. BUt I hope he find happiness soon

#31 mr.nice.guy

mr.nice.guy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

as if u guys didn't know about it...it was secretive, but it wasn't like reallly really secretive..

#32 faiRy-taleZzzz

faiRy-taleZzzz

** i aM low B... **

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

i feel reallly sorry to hear this news..after being so long together,thier relationship ended just like that..sigh..well i hope the both of them are fine now with life without each other..

#33 cascada

cascada

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

its a pity to end the relationship that lasted for so many years! i bet both of them must be really sad. i hope that they can remain as friends.