AF needs funding again

Photo

Korean star Kim Hee Seon limits access to blog after posting of intimate pictures draws flak

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 37738 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:18 AM

http://newpaper.asia...,151141,00.html?

KOREAN actress Kim Hee Seon is over the moon about getting married and she wants the whole world to know.

Well, at least in cyberspace.

Until last week, the 30-year-old star had been openly posting lovey-dovey photos of her and her entrepreneur husband Park Joo Young, 33, on her personal website.

The handsome couple exchanged vows in a super-posh, but private, wedding ceremony in mid- October that blocked out the local media.

They have since been trumpeting their wedded bliss online, until a recent backlash caused Hee Seon to impose a restriction on her website that allows only her friends to access her photos.

To be fair, the star of Jackie Chan's action flick The Myth was merely sharing her joy with her fans.

The doe-eyed babe is known to enjoy blogging about her celebrity life since she started her personal homepage on the popular Cyworld portal in 2003.

Since she declined all media interviews about her wedding, blogging was perhaps the only communication channel with her numerous fans.

One of the first photos to grab headlines in October showed the hunky Mr Park giving his glowing bride a sweet peck on her cheek - apparently on the morning after their big day.

Hee Seon wrote in Korean: 'He's my hubby now, he can't go anywhere else, haha!'

To which he replied: 'Yobo (Korean for wife), I love you!'

A recent post had a photo of them waking up in bed - she showed her makeup-free face while he hid behind a pillow.

There was also a post about him following her to a hair salon.

Barely a week later came a picture of the couple clinking glasses at his birthday celebration with friends at a restaurant.

Hee Seon even ordered a special two-tier cake for her beaming hubby.

Over the past two months, thousands of netizens have logged on to the site to gush over how cute, compatible and blissful the newlyweds appear to be.

This prompted the local media to publish almost every newly posted photo on the site - from wedding pictures to honeymoon shots and candid poses.

And then came the backlash.

Some reports went to town with a picture that showed a newly decorated Christmas tree in Hee Sun's living room, next to what appears to be a very expensive TV and sound system.

Edaily SPN news website asked: 'Is Kim Hee Seon's new home a designer paradise?'

The couple's display of affection also got on some critics' nerves.

A blogger on the popular Chinese portal Sina.com slammed the actress for posting too many intimate pictures - her latest showed her in a nightgown - and urged her not to 'turn your marriage into a soap opera'.

The blogger wrote: 'Who doesn't know she's trying to keep up her media exposure after marriage, and that she doesn't want to disappear from our eyes?

'But she should know that any publicity stunt has its limits. If she continues to show off, no matter how blissful she really is, everyone will think of it only as a soap opera.'

An article on China Finance Net also asked: 'Aren't you tired of seeing Kim Hee Seon the bride? Don't you think she's being too high profile?'

Singaporean Mary Chung, 40, who follows Korean entertainment news closely, feels that some of Hee Seon's more intimate photos should be reserved for friends only.

Ms Chung, an administrative executive, told The New Paper: 'There's nothing wrong with wanting to bask in happiness.

TOO PRIVATE, TOO MUCH?

'But some of Kim Hee Seon's pictures, like of her waking up in bed with her husband, seem too private and intimate. Those are a bit too much.'

These negative comments must have affected Hee Seon, for she suddenly announced last Wednesday that she would impose restricted access on her website.

She wrote: 'Originally I disclosed my photos because I just wanted to share my joy with my fans, but too many people have been gossiping, so I will only open it to my friends from now on.

'Hope everyone will understand.'

Understandably, her website has been drawing less traffic since.

But still, Hee Seon can boast of attracting some three million hits in five months since she announced she was in love in July.

The total count now is 16.1 million.

Meanwhile, it has become a trend for newly wed Korean celebrities to share their joy on the Internet, reported Chosun Ilbo.

Actress Jeon Do Yeon, for one, first posted a wacky photo of her businessman husband on her website in July, four months after her wedding in March.

He wore a blue blanket over his shoulders like a cape and raised his hands like Superman, prompting his wife to write the title: 'My very own Superman.'

Actor Ahn Jae Hwan, who married comedienne Jung Seon Hee last month, also shared their Japan honeymoon pictures online.

Anecdotes of how they lost their passports during the journey also 'attracted attention', according to Edaily SPN.

#2 Foua Vang

Foua Vang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:57 AM

what is too much?? it's not nude photos but pictures of how happy they are. if people don't like it don't look.. simple as that!!!

#3 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:10 AM

hmmm.. well i for one thought why she was posting so many pics in her cyworld. on one hand its great she shares her happiness to her fans.. but i think she should have stopped the sharing to her wedding photos only, only that much is for public and her fans .. as for the "rest of their lives" (the pics after the wedding).. i think that's for friends & family's eyes only.

#4 orangeapeel

orangeapeel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

maybe she thought those pictures were really beautiful and she wanted to show people that they are happily married...
and the pics will serve to entertain fans and netizens while she's gone....

#5 tony_y2k5

tony_y2k5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:13 AM

All those critics have spoiled it for everyone else now!. It's unfair to her fans because that was a very private way to communicate with her fans by disclosing intimate pictures of her private life!. what's wrong with showing pictures of your new marriage life to your fans? she's not hurting anyone and isn't promoting anything!. That was very generous of KHS because unlike alot of celebs they don't disclose anything!

#6 phiphi_aff

phiphi_aff

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:04 PM

Nothing wrong of posting her pictures on her personal web site for her fans and friends. If people don't want to look at them just don't go there to look for them and then complain.

Media just like to turn every thing to negative to get public attention. Moreover, if celebrities post exclusive pictures and communicate to the public through their own homepage, there'll be nothing for reporters to write about! I guess that the main reason for all the backlash by media about Kim Hee Seon's personal pictures

#7 Asian-aholic

Asian-aholic

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

pretty sure all her pics were tasteful. It is refreshing having a feel of genuine happiness to her blogs.