AF needs funding again

Photo

Vic Zhou and Barbie Hsu Break up: Report

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
165 replies to this topic

#1 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:53 AM

High-profile Taiwan celebrity couple Vic Zhou and Barbie Hsu has broken up, according to local media reports.

Hsu confirmed the split via her assistant during an activity in Hong Kong on Monday. Zhou's agent also confirmed the news. Both declined to make further comments.

Barbie Hsu's mother told the media the couple parted amicably.

Barbie Hsu, 31, and Vic Zhou, 26, gained wide popularity through the 2001 hit television drama "Meteor Garden." They collaborated in another series, "Mars," in 2004, and officially began dating in July 2005.

http://english.cri.c...1221@314356.htm

*francesca : now i'll cry in one corner =(

#2 Guest_twinklesstars_*

Guest_twinklesstars_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:03 AM

:( I am sad to hear the news that Barbie and Vic Zhou has broken up. I always thought they will get marry some day. hope they will find the right one.

#3 L♡VE.TIRAH

L♡VE.TIRAH

glistening like silver spoons

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:05 AM

OMG...are you freakin serious???? I thought they were doing great...and even some talks about marriage soon! it better not be because of Li BingBing...

#4 francesca

francesca

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (ninja bunny @ Jan 15 2008 1 05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG...are you freakin serious???? I thought they were doing great...and even some talks about marriage soon! it better not be because of Li BingBing...

>:) li bing bing was mentioned in one of the so-called stories :noclue

appledaily was the one which reported this.. so there's a non-reliable factor to it..

im betting on the non-reliabililty of it, obviously

#5 blue*star

blue*star

1 Timothy 4 : 12

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1428 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:09 AM

OMG what?!!!!!! they BROKE UP? but but!!! i thought they were going to get married! what the???

#6 springfiry

springfiry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:10 AM

I am super surprised. I thought things were great...
Sigh , my favourite couple...kinda upset by the news..

#7 AHSA'sVIP

AHSA'sVIP

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9785 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:12 AM

is this news reliable? i am not a big fan of these two for being a couple, but i guess not everything works out. i hope the best for them.

#8 Foua Vang

Foua Vang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:13 AM

WHAT!??! OMG are you for real? i'm so heartbroken!!! is this reslly true???

#9 sOur_mAngo

sOur_mAngo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:15 AM

whoa... this came as a total surprise...
i thought they were going strong, but whatever
never was a fan of either of them....

#10 moon_star_08

moon_star_08

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (ninja bunny @ Jan 15 2008 12 05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

omg i hope this is just another stupid rumor. i'm a fan of li bing bing but if she was the cause of the so called breakup, she will be gaining an anti-fan

#11 ur_shooting_star

ur_shooting_star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:21 AM

Are you kidding me? what about all those other articles that say how steady they are and how they're planning to get married soon?

#12 Guest_twinklesstars_*

Guest_twinklesstars_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:27 AM

One of the chinese newspaper confirmed that they broken up half month ago. Barbie Hsu's mother denied that her daughter forced Vic to get marry and both of them are very busy with work. Nothing mentioned about Li Bing Bing being the third person to cause of their break up.

#13 pucca

pucca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:28 AM

OMG, that's so sad. I thought that they were going to get married soon. They were so cute together. Maybe that Barbie broke up with Zaizai because he didn't want to get married with her...

#14 dreammssxx

dreammssxx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:30 AM

OMG! Im very surprised! :shocked: i thought they were meant to be! wow this is really sad..and i thought they would marry this year...just hope this article isnt true...hope they still r together..

#15 ~Sw33tz~

~Sw33tz~

♥ing Jaejae

• Forum Masters
  • 4374 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

*pat pat* to fran

apple daily sucks anyway so i highly doubt they did break up...
i think they are still together la... doubt they will break up after such a good relationship le...

dunno why this is reported though... didn't vic just say him and barbie are good?
haiz....

#16 Foua Vang

Foua Vang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (twinklesstars @ Jan 14 2008 9 27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the chinese newspaper confirmed that they broken up half month ago. Barbie Hsu's mother denied that her daughter forced Vic to get marry and both of them are very busy with work. Nothing mentioned about Li Bing Bing being the third person to cause of their break up.

WHO IS LI BING BING????

#17 kubbie

kubbie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

omg.. im so shock.. i love them Both, why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so sad and disappointed, i hope they get back.. im so depress.. urgh they were so cute with eACHOTHER....

Edited by kubbie, 15 January 2008 - 07:26 AM.

#18 pinkcrayon2

pinkcrayon2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:39 AM

i thought there were a lot of articles about marriage next year...... they are so cute together and been together so long... what happened?

#19 tammiest

tammiest

我要的世界

• Forum Crew
  • 3745 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:43 AM

OMGoodness, nooo... whyy?! I have been such a fan of VicBie ever since Meteor Garden :crying:

But... I won't believe this until I see more reports "confirming" this news. Apple Daily is kind of known as the "tabloid" of Taiwan, after all...

QUOTE (Foua Vang @ Jan 15 2008 12 31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHO IS LI BING BING????

Li BingBing is an actress from Mainland China. Interestingly enough, she was rumored to have been the "third person" in one of Ken Chu's previous relationships, too. If I'm not mistaken, she was also rumored with other F4 members before, too... I remember reading it in AF's Critics Hangout...

#20 francesca

francesca

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (twinklesstars @ Jan 15 2008 1 27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know.. the other news sites now starting to pick it up.. there were a lot of break up rumors before.. but the "good" news sites never reported them.. it was always only appledaily.. now it's different..

asos forums guys seem to believe it too.. which is scary coz they were always to lift up fans' spirits..

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

#21 stephyalex4ever

stephyalex4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

I know! I thought they were doing fine...and the ring that Vic was wearing during promotions of 'Linger'!
Aww hope they can be together again, they really match!

#22 LilDuckiez

LilDuckiez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:48 AM

They Broke Up?! :shocked:
i thought they were in a happy relationship.
but i think its just rumors posted by the media.

#23 jumabean

jumabean

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:50 AM

oh gosh~ this i like a GIANT OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOO if it is~

...*gasp* the prophet's true!! didn't a prophet say if the two of them don't get married in the year 2007, they'll break up??

I REALLLY REALLLLLLY REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope this is a stupid media report!!!!!!

#24 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

Dancing with the daffodils

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3964 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:51 AM

aww, it's okay, fran. :alright I'm not believing until I see more real news articles come out about it. Wow, though, talk about shocking news, even from a questionable news source... *sigh*. hmm, well, wait for more news, one way or the other, I guess.

#25 francesca

francesca

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (jumabean @ Jan 15 2008 1 50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh gosh~ this i like a GIANT OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOO if it is~

...*gasp* the prophet's true!! didn't a prophet say if the two of them don't get married in the year 2007, they'll break up??

I REALLLY REALLLLLLY REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope this is a stupid media report!!!!!!

the fortune-tellers are already gloating by now <_<

this is news from yam : http://news.yam.com/...0115239450.html
i've always thought yam news are reliable. so this news worries me more

#26 Fairytale_ Angel

Fairytale_ Angel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1654 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:54 AM

I hope this is jus a rumor. I remember reading an article about him mentioning getting married but nothing else. I doubt Li Bing Bing might be involve in this if they are broke up. you know how reporters are these days, they jus want to spice it up plus Bing Bing and Vic did have a "love scene" in their new movie so probably that's why reporters pointed toward that direction ;)

#27 Michelle.

Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7403 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:55 AM

i don't get what is so surprising and non-believable.
they never were really that much of a good couple to me.

#28 de Jarje

de Jarje

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:56 AM

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: wuuuuaaaattttt? No..no...WHAAAAATTTT??
This is for real?? I thought they wil married soon enough.... ??

#29 verena

verena

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:58 AM

theyy were myy favorite "wish" couple, and i was estactic when theyy actuallyy started dating. hope this isn't true! theyy seemed perfect for each other, but i hope for the best of them anywayy. )=

#30 nicole

nicole

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:02 AM

For some reason I never saw these two being together for long. It seemed like Barbie was ready for marriage and Vic wasn't.

#31 jumabean

jumabean

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:04 AM

well okay anybody know if barbie was at any activity in hongkong THIS monday? if this is true then it should be.....MEGA BIG and would be blowing all over the news media(not much so far....or so i SERIOUSLY hope)

#32 hii

hii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

What?!! Is it true?? I love this couple!!!! I hope the news is not real...

#33 lonilonei

lonilonei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:12 AM

This is soooo sudden??!!! Is it really true? Sure it's not just a temporary popularity stunt? OMG, that is such a shame. I never liked the couple at first, but grew to really like seeing them - wish they'd think twice...

#34 sandalls

sandalls

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1984 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

WOW!!! all the high profile couples are breaking up....first Karen and Stephen and now Da S and Zaizai....well good luck to the both of them....

#35 crazy4sushi

crazy4sushi

feed me sushi ^.^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2217 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

WTF whats goin on, NOOOOOOOOOOOO they cant break up, they're too in love, SOMEONE please confirm this PLEASSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

#36 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (lonilonei @ Jan 15 2008 7 12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is soooo sudden??!!! Is it really true? Sure it's not just a temporary popularity stunt? OMG, that is such a shame. I never liked the couple at first, but grew to really like seeing them - wish they'd think twice...

Maybe its for publicity for Linger to boost box office, heard that its very poor. & very weird that Li Bing Bing is said to be the reason for the breakup as its known that LBB is based in China, hardly goes to Taiwan. While Vic Zhou is based in Taiwan & hardly in China.

Why dont wait a while to see what's really happening?? Its hard to believe a couple thats so lovey dovey all along will have such a sudden decision to split-up.

Edited by nikitaangel, 15 January 2008 - 07:22 AM.

#37 PinkAngel506

PinkAngel506

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

omg this news is not true rite? omg how kan this happen? vic jus said lately that next yr their relationship will hav a breakthrough! i dont think he meant this kind!

#38 hkbabi

hkbabi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:21 AM

Whoa is this official? omg taiwan's golden couple has been shot to hell. Fabulous.

#39 jumabean

jumabean

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (nikitaangel @ Jan 15 2008 7 19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe its for publicity for Linger to boost box office, heard that its very poor. & very weird that Li Bing Bing is said to be the reason for the breakup as its known that LBB is based in China, hardly goes to Taiwan. While Vic Zhou is based in Taiwan & hardly in China.

Why dont wait a while to see what's really happening?? Its hard to believe a couple thats so lovey dovey all along will have such a sudden decision to split-up.

i know! LiBingBing...i don't think she's ever been to taiwan as a matter or fact. she's a really nice actress/singer and she's like recognized by the mainland ppl as the goody person(or so i think)
reallly doubt that she was the supposed "third" person.
plus i have high hopes in vicbie. i won't believe it unless i see them, on TV, confirming this!! i just can't imagine the two of them looking good w/ anyone else

#40 cmiley

cmiley

AF Official Translator

• News Crew
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:38 AM

Here is a clip on TVBS regarding the news as well. Barbie & Vic Break Up