AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Beauty] hair on upper lip

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 bacon

bacon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

Hello. I'm one of those rare hairy asian girls (UGH!!) and I think the hair on my upper lip is kinda noticeable....how should I make it look lighter or not as noticeable?

I don't want to be one of those people who pluck it all off....that's a little extreme. plus im not THAT hairy.
I don't want laser hair removal either.

any suggestions on products/ways to make the hair less noticeable? Thanks.

#2 scypEr

scypEr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

my friend bleaches her mustache
maybe you should invest in an epilator(which is basically a little gadget that plucks for you)
but you don't want to pluck, but its good for armpits too so i would invest in an epilator

#3 mainhi

mainhi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:32 AM

Hello. I'm one of those rare hairy asian girls (UGH!!) and I think the hair on my upper lip is kinda noticeable....how should I make it look lighter or not as noticeable?

I don't want to be one of those people who pluck it all off....that's a little extreme. plus im not THAT hairy.
I don't want laser hair removal either.

any suggestions on products/ways to make the hair less noticeable? Thanks.

lol im another one of those rare asian girls also with hair on my lip. but its not like a mustache though hah. but anyways, DONT PLUCK. that obviously hurts worse than waxing. well all i can think of is waxing OR bleaching it with hair bleach from the store. ive never tried the hair bleach though so im not sure if its good =/

#4 blue*star

blue*star

1 Timothy 4 : 12

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1428 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

you could try waxing, not as painful as plucking. plus waxing makes hair thinner, i thinkkk... haha i dunno, i'm like you bacon i'm one of the rarities too *sighh, it sucks

#5 mai_z

mai_z

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:37 AM

I get mine threaded. it hurts at the beginning but hten you get used to it after. Also, the more your hair gets waxed or plucked, it will grow back thinner and less frequent. Bleach probably isn't the best idea unless you're really pale

#6 bacon

bacon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

haha its nice to know that there are actually girls like me out there. :)
damn. whenever I see my completely hair less asian friends i get kinda depressed.

a few of you has mentioned bleaching....i remember I used to know this girl who did that....but at the time i wasn't self-conscious enough to care.

so you just use hair bleach??? would it burn like hell? cuze it burns like hell when its on your scalp right? which should be less sensitive than an area like upper lip....
anywho. thanks to those who replied. keep'em coming!!!
clapclap

I get mine threaded. it hurts at the beginning but hten you get used to it after. Also, the more your hair gets waxed or plucked, it will grow back thinner and less frequent. Bleach probably isn't the best idea unless you're really pale

threaded??? what's that??

why isn't bleach the best idea?? will it make that area paler than the rest of my face?

#7 Ali-A

Ali-A

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:31 AM

bleaching doesn't burn or anything but you can smell it lol make sure not to keep it on too long (read the instrutions) because your skin will turn white eeeekk don't want that. you'll have a white skin mustache hahaah

#8 sleepybear

sleepybear

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:50 AM

Waxing is definitely the safest way to go. Bleaching can result in painful burns on the upper lip when left on for too long (from experience). And DON'T wax if you're using acne medication unless you want two strips of skin missing where your hair was.

#9 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

Like what the others said u could bleach it but if i were u would use wax so that its actually smooth ontop of the lip.
I mean if u bleach it its still gonna be there.

#10 miz_appie

miz_appie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:28 AM

bleaching is not the best idea..you can still see it and it's close to the lip so you have to be careful..from my friends experiences they told me waxing is the best result

#11 pinkbaby58542

pinkbaby58542

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:34 AM

i usually pluck my hair off but if u dont want to do that u can try using the hair removal strips from Biore...i think it works really good!!!

#12 xoxoxo

xoxoxo

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1645 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:53 AM

I think all girls have hair on their upper lip, but i think it is just a natural thing. I think the only way is maybe to wax it at a salon, otherwise your going to have ot pluck it on a regular basis. It is hard and it hurts to pluck or else it will look so gross.

#13 Guest_MszCyndie_*

Guest_MszCyndie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:01 AM

mustache ? on a girl ?

if you shave it off, i think it'll come back darker

#14 rain_bow

rain_bow

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:43 AM

bleach, wax or pluck definetly do not shave it will grow back thick
plucking and waxing are kind of similar

#15 sweetmimi

sweetmimi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

I use to bleach and I wouldn't suggest it. Waxing is quite good and fast too. nowadays, I prefer using an epistick which cost about $6. Its similar to threading and takes the hair out painlessly.

#16 red robot

red robot

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

Definitely do something about it. It always puzzle me when I see girls with a mustache. It seem like they did everything on their face but never notice the mustache. I know a few girls like that and I want to point it out to them but dont want to get slapped

#17 featherlight

featherlight

Daniel Wu Fan ^^

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:19 AM

^slap!

hehe.
anyways, i do have some, though its really unnoticeable unless you look upclose at me. i don't do anything else on my face though. not every girl wears makeup you know.

plucking takes so long!
and waxing that part sounds painful

arg.
where do you get one of those epistick things??

#18 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6215 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

lol. Ok. At least now, I don't feel lonely anymore. *wink* I think mine's quite noticeable especially when I'm feeling really hot and starts to perspire... so it's pretty obvious on a HOT SUNNY day and when I'm doing work-outs. *shrugs* I even have short tiny hair around the nose area... too short for me to pluck.

And since the weather in SG is always HOT HOT HOT, it's inevitable for me. *sniff* I don't wear make-up so it makes things even worse. :wacko:

Edited by GenbyaSeizaku, 24 January 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#19 bebexlove

bebexlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

You can pluck, bleach, wax, thread it.

I know some people shave.. but be careful. It'll grow back stubbly.. so you'd have to shave it everyday!

I'd suggest wax/pluck/thread. ^^

#20 Yabisi

Yabisi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

Oh man...a mustache XD I have arm hair, and it's quite noticeable because I'm light skinned with dark hair, and I refuse to wax it. It doesn't bother me or anyone at all though lol.

The whole "shaving will make your hair grow back thicker" is just an urban myth. http://www.newsweek.com/id/78014

I suggest waxing/plucking too, eventually from being ripped out so much, the hair stops growing, which is why people should be very careful when they pluck their eyebrows lol. BUT...for the hair to stop growing, it takes years :x

Question: What about that Nair stuff? Does that work? I know it smells really bad...but what exactly does that do?

#21 *tina*strawberry*

*tina*strawberry*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

THREADING!
its the way I roll! =D
first time, it hurts a lil, but once you've removed all of it, you can keep threading like every other week or so, and it wont hurt as much
all you need is thread!!!!! like 2 ft i think..google, "threading hair removal"

works like a charm!

#22 ~May~

~May~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

i agree threading is good...but as a warning if ur doing it for the first time get ready to like have tears come out ur eyes, or is it my mom is doing it wrong?...i ask my mom to do it cause i don't noe how to T.T

#23 *tina*strawberry*

*tina*strawberry*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:53 AM

^ really?? well, idk cuz i've been doing it myself for half a year. =D i love it, im like totally more confident now. it hurt at first to get it all off but then from there on out, its simpler. i think if you do it yourself, it should hurt less cuz you are controlling it. i know if my mom did it, i'd probably cry too (cuz i remember when she use to cut my nails when i was younger...what a pain x__x) maybe you can ask your mom to show you. =)

#24 bacon

bacon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:34 AM

^ really?? well, idk cuz i've been doing it myself for half a year. =D i love it, im like totally more confident now. it hurt at first to get it all off but then from there on out, its simpler. i think if you do it yourself, it should hurt less cuz you are controlling it. i know if my mom did it, i'd probably cry too (cuz i remember when she use to cut my nails when i was younger...what a pain x__x) maybe you can ask your mom to show you. =)

hahaha ask my mom??? she won't know cuze she's so hairless. >___< GURH.
damn genes....

#25 HAHAvaleray

HAHAvaleray

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

i have this problem too! :O and my mom... and sister.. OF COURSE MY DAD XDD! my mom is HAIRLESS besides the er armpits/down there/eye brows/upperlip and my dad HE IS SUPER HAIRY & sadly me and my sis didn't inherit my moms hairless body genes. my sister uses face bleach but she has pretty light skin. i'm too scared to try that xD so yeah idk what to do either x_x; sry i couldn't be of more help.

#26 xxTekkenBabexx

xxTekkenBabexx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Try using an epilator. It's kind of like plucking but less painful. Yes, it hurts, but not as much as waxing. I just ordered one.

#27 sashaS2

sashaS2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

yea waxing hurts thats how i first to remove the hairs on my upper lip but after a while i stopped and just plucked them out by hand cos they gotten lesser and lesser and it doesn't hurt as much anymore lol probably got use to it when i was waxing

#28 chineseleon

chineseleon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:11 AM

use laser removal, its your only hope. All the other options will screw you over later on, if you pluck it, its gonna cme back probably thicker and faster too, this goes the same with waxing!

#29 Loving_life08

Loving_life08

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:24 AM

why dont you buy some hair ramoveal cream ?? like veet or(i dont knowwhat drug stores are in america :withstupid )
btyeah i use it and i lasts for liek 6 weeks:D

#30 jynxx8

jynxx8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:02 AM

erm i pluck it out it hurts at first but after a while you get used to it

#31 cherrypink

cherrypink

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:14 AM

You can bleach with Jolene. BUT I find that on sensitive skin, it will irritate a lot. Waxing is ok but painful, plucking is the SAME AS WAXING, just doing it individually - if it botheres you then wax it with mini strips - prepare the skin with some talcum powder too. The hair grows back less and less as time goes on.

#32 nature

nature

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

maybe you can put some foundation on. that might cover it a bit and make it less noticeable.

#33 kc001

kc001

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

I think waxing may be a good method for you. I heard that the more you do it, the slower it grows to the point where it almost eventually stops growing...

#34 aiabee

aiabee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

threading is like, when you use two pieces of string (thread) to pluck the hair off. and it hurts like hell! sort of like plucking, only faster. waxing is faster and less painful (i think). :)

#35 swe3tdreamz

swe3tdreamz

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

waxing is the best ... or shaving it but regrows thats the only problem.

#36 zoey

zoey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

pluncking and waxing is better than shaving...it becomes thinner and lighter as you keep doing it. Shaving it will make it more noticeable because it gets darker and thicker.

It definitely hurts but i suggested you stream your face and lips before pluncking it. It will be less painful when the pores are enlarged.

#37 Truth

Truth

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

LOL...I have some hair on my upper lip too. I didn't realize it until my friends said they plucked their upper lips. After that I started noticing some hair on my upper lip too, and I started plucking. But it is hard to pluck, since they are really thin and short.

#38 HKchopstix1012

HKchopstix1012

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

i think the simplest way is to just wax
i mean its not as painful as everyone says
they tend to exaggerate
its quick, easy, and gone for a couple weeks

#39 catbone

catbone

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

You can bleach it. You can find product to bleach facial hair in the section along with leg hair removal item such as Nair or Veet.

#40 quipy

quipy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

I find plucking the best because it is more precise than waxing. I've tried waxing, but there are always a few hairs that are missed, and you have to wait until a lot of it grows back to re-wax it.

Bleaching is more noticeable than waxing or plucking. If you don't do it well, you could end up with an orange mustache... I think it usually just looks weird. The light-colored hairs catch the light and look golden...