AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Character] Cong Yang as [teenage] Jiang Yu Shu in TKA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 love*Samantha

love*Samantha

QiaoEn Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hmm I have a feeling his story will have a lot to do with Lin Hao Mei & Ah Nuo. I think Ah Nuo will like Lin Hao Mei? And Yu Shu might get jealous and stuff. Don't know, but in the trailer I remember seeing Ah Nuo (Wang Zi) trying to kiss a girl, and most likely that girl is Hao Mei. *shrugs* Just my two cents. :)

Posted Image

Hao Mei (I THINKK) & Ah Nuo

#2 SunStar

SunStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:53 AM

yeah...it will be sad to see our chubby Yu Shu go away... we all got so used to him...i hope the new Yu Shu will be as great...

so... this series is supposed to take over a period of couple years???

#3 tiddayy

tiddayy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:02 AM

yeah...it will be sad to see our chubby Yu Shu go away... we all got so used to him...i hope the new Yu Shu will be as great...

so... this series is supposed to take over a period of couple years???

I know ZS is supposed to go do his military service or something like that--are they going to fast-forward through that and bring in older Yu Shu? Aw...I'm really bummed younger YS is leaving. :( he is such an asset to the show! I wonder how new-YS is gonna do. Hope he'll be consistent with the character--but then again, they have a great director so I bet it will turn out fine...i hope.

#4 六月的雨

六月的雨

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:42 AM

wow teenage yu shu is pretty tall. Hes probably 15 and already at least 180cm from that picture.

#5 wahkaoeh

wahkaoeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

i'm just wondering how the director will bring in the new yushu for the first time cos i really can't think of anything..

#6 xiaochenglin

xiaochenglin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

I think they fast forward, I mean after ZS went to his military service, maybe 4-5 yr later, that time YS should be 18 yr, then the brand new YS should appear.

#7 ayamefan13

ayamefan13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

Aww, I love the chubby Yu Shu. >.<~

I guess I'll have to adjust to the teenage Yu Shu once the episode airs..

#8 cutiekins

cutiekins

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

wha.....not a new person to replace him....i like watching him...it just wont be right seeing the new YS bullying XQ

#9 wahkaoeh

wahkaoeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

the new yushu seems to nice and goodytwoshoes for me. he just does not look mean enough. after all the old yushu is famous for his stinky face.

#10 tiddayy

tiddayy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

I saw some clips from the ArJoe thread with the new Yu Shu in it, and I have to admit, it wasn't all that bad. From what (little) I saw, it seems that he's really found a nice balance between bratty Yu Shu and someone more like ZS. I can kind of see why they chose him because he's portraying some of big brother's traits very well :)--physically he has that lanky, tall ZS look too. Hopefully, it will be even better once they start to develop his storyline more and he gets more air time.

#11 SunStar

SunStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:55 AM

this is going to be interesting to watch..... however, i will miss chubby YS's stinky mean face to XQ...

#12 iceeblaze

iceeblaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:28 AM

http://www.bbtboy.co...Eo2GIm8LsnR.jpg

nope, that's just a fan, she also had a pic taken with i think danson. quite a lucky fan isnt she...

she doesnt look like hao mei either

whoa i didnt know wang zi will be in tka and that yu shu is getting replaced and that ZS will be doing military service and they'll fast forward thru that! i feel so unupdated, but okay, now i know, and i will miss yu shu's "chou nian" (stinky face) to XQ. it'd be great if the new Yu shu will continue to have that chou nian to XQ

Edited by tammiest, 16 February 2008 - 12:41 AM.
Please don't quote [img] tags in replies :)

#13 bubbles32

bubbles32

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2563 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

il be really sad when the little yushu goes cos he's MADE the character his own and to see someone else try and take that on is gonna be interesting.
i guess he does look the part (as in i can imagine yushu looking like that when he's older) but as for his acting i guess il judge when he finally appears.

#14 lovelygirl_veronica

lovelygirl_veronica

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

Woah i'm not an uptodate person.

I know that YS will be replace, but i just know that ZS will do his military.
and of course i will miss chubby Yu Shu.

Well we just wait when the new Yu Shu appear, but i think we don't need to wait too long.

#15 girlydoll

girlydoll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

As we get closer to the deployment of ZS to the army it looks like the new YS will likely appear in either episode 15 or 16. Episode 14 ends with ZS leaving for the army, so the passage of time will likely happen in the following two episodes.

Can't wait! It makes sence to have a new actor to help with the passage of time feel, and YS has to grow up at some point as well, so this should be fun!

Edited by girlydoll, 13 March 2008 - 02:23 PM.

#16 joe_cheng_1205

joe_cheng_1205

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

nope, that's just a fan, she also had a pic taken with i think danson. quite a lucky fan isnt she...

whoa i didnt know wang zi will be in tka and that yu shu is getting replaced and that ZS will be doing military service and they'll fast forward thru that! i feel so unupdated, but okay, now i know, and i will miss yu shu's "chou nian" (stinky face) to XQ. it'd be great if the new Yu shu will continue to have that chou nian to XQ

Er actually I think the guys on the pic wasn't Dansan... I'm really sure about it
That guy is teenager Ah Nou....
yeah the girl's also teenager Hao Mei... they changed all the kids as YS, HM and AN ^o^ to other casts
don't worry guys... The new YS was really good actually coz I saw a BTS clip that Winne taught him how to act for the simplest thing... Winne is a really talented and careful director.... no worry for the acting ay... but yeah obvious we will miss the cutie chuppy YS hix....
I'm so in love with his cutie... try to bully XQ but protect and support her at the same time haha.... he never accepted any girl to be his sister in law instead of XQ for sure ^o^!!!

Edited by joe_cheng_1205, 14 March 2008 - 08:43 AM.

#17 SunStar

SunStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:08 AM

has anyone found a close up picture of the teenage Yu-Shu.... i want to see up close what he looks like....

#18 joe_cheng_1205

joe_cheng_1205

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:40 AM

that's a BTS clip... YS teenager wore pink top
enjoy.... But i think it's not that close ^^

#19 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

Dancing with the daffodils

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3964 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

I found some pics of the older Yu Shu and Hao Mei on baidu. Now I can't remember if they were posted or not yet (I think the first one might have been?), so I'll just post the last two:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the original baidu link: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=340278302

#20 macky07

macky07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

i will surely miss the chubby YS..after all the bickering and the cat dog fight between him and XQ , he provedf to be a good actor for the drama...hehehe..i hope that the new YS can give justice to the role that the younger YS portrayed.:D:D:D

#21 SunStar

SunStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:39 AM

awww...after seeing ep 15.... i'm in love with teenage YS too.... even though he may not be as good looking as his brother....HE'S STILL SOOOO ATTRACTIVE!!!

#22 joe_cheng_1205

joe_cheng_1205

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:41 AM

actually I perfect the chubby younger YS... I duno why maybe I already used to see him around with this family
I love the way he pretented to be cool and bullied XQ all the time...
Yeah I have to accept that he's too young for YS at the age of 18... but somehow I still love him a lot...
The teenager one... His acting's good but somehow... I missed the old one hixhix....
Anyway it's good to see he's nice to HM.... He's so much better compare to his older brother who doesn't know how to show his own feelings
Jia Dou Cong Yang!!!

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13468 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

i liked the cubby dude! wtf? they brought this dude over at episode 14 and i was like wtf? who is this kid!!!???

now i read this and realize that its YS as a teen! what happened to his fat!!!!????

augh this is so annoying! i watched YS grow in this drama, and now for him to be replaced like that is really annoying.

#24 aleeson

aleeson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

yeah i thought it was a little sudden to just bring in an entirely new person to replace a character, but i think the new YS pulled it off. it would've been funny if Zhi Shu or someone was like "wow YS you look a lot different lately", just to subtley hint at it. i kind of feel bad for little YS that he had to be "replaced" but the new YS does a good job of still being grumpy while slowly starting to show characteristics similar to ZS. his new appreciation for HM is really cute too.

we're all going to miss little YS but i think we'll grow into older YS soon..

#25 Stina2

Stina2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

At first I was all prepared to not like the new YS but then the last episode totally made me like him. The new actor totally brought something new to the character while still leaving a hint of the old YS. hahaha Can't wait till he and HM get together.

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13468 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:40 AM

i dont know man. when i was watching it i thought that it was YS's friend who came over the house to study, i totally didn't know that it was YS when he is all grown up....

-_-;

so how many years has passed since ZS went over to the island?

#27 xiaojade

xiaojade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

I kinda like this actor. I think he is pretty good at acting a bit of the younger yu shu in him.

tell the truth, i didn't really want to watch TKA anymore but i think Hao Mei and Yu Shu bought it back to me. I think their little story is pretty interesting.

Hoping for more interaction of them in episode 16!

#28 SunStar

SunStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

I kinda like this actor. I think he is pretty good at acting a bit of the younger yu shu in him.

tell the truth, i didn't really want to watch TKA anymore but i think Hao Mei and Yu Shu bought it back to me. I think their little story is pretty interesting.

Hoping for more interaction of them in episode 16!

same here...i had enough of XQ and ZS....i'm looking forward to YS and HM and Ah Jin and Christine too....oh yeah.... also... NI NA AND CHUANG JIN....the guy in the big glasses!!!

i couldn't believe he's the friend from Mars....didn't recognize him until i saw his profile.....WHOO!

#29 lxandra

lxandra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

i personally think that Winnie couldn't choose a better person for the older YS....I can imagine the real life young YS turn 18 would probably look similar to Cong Yang...

Before, I always tot that Winnie would find one of those pretty boys to play the older YS...like they normally did in other series...but so far I like CY as YS....he might not be as 'pretty' or good-looking as Joe, Danson, Jiro or Figaro but he has a certain charisma that made him equally attractive...and it's more logical for him to fit in 'YS' shoe cos not only they have face structure, to too have similar expression not to mentionsimilar attitude....its not difficult to imagine the younger YS has grown into CY.

I belief by this time YS has aged around 17/18 years of age....he 1st met XQ around the age of 10....3 years later XQ & ZS were married (YS was 13 by then), they had their major fight just before their 2nd anniversary which means YS is 15....from then owards ZS still needs abt 2 years before graduating...which means YS's almost 17 when Joe leave for Matsu...of cos they have to chg YS for a more mature, slimmer version...but luckily they didn't turn him into Ethan Ruan or Mike He...hehehehe

Edited by lxandra, 27 March 2008 - 04:56 PM.

#30 kayla lee

kayla lee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

yep..i agree with you..
another pretty boy look for YS would ruin it all
love the way Cong Yang plays YS
he has that sort of good chemistry with Hao Mei
they make a really cute couple

#31 max's girl(in my dreams)

max's girl(in my dreams)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

The New YuShu, CongYang comes in ep 15 so does the new Hao Mei

he's sooooo hot!!!! lol maybe just me

idk when Ah Nao comes in but either ep 15 or the next

#32 indescribable

indescribable

Official AF Translator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

i personally think that Winnie couldn't choose a better person for the older YS....I can imagine the real life young YS turn 18 would probably look similar to Cong Yang...

Before, I always tot that Winnie would find one of those pretty boys to play the older YS...like they normally did in other series...but so far I like CY as YS....he might not be as 'pretty' or good-looking as Joe, Danson, Jiro or Figaro but he has a certain charisma that made him equally attractive...and it's more logical for him to fit in 'YS' shoe cos not only they have face structure, to too have similar expression not to mentionsimilar attitude....its not difficult to imagine the younger YS has grown into CY.

I belief by this time YS has aged around 17/18 years of age....he 1st met XQ around the age of 10....3 years later XQ & ZS were married (YS was 13 by then), they had their major fight just before their 2nd anniversary which means YS is 15....from then owards ZS still needs abt 2 years before graduating...which means YS's almost 17 when Joe leave for Matsu...of cos they have to chg YS for a more mature, slimmer version...but luckily they didn't turn him into Ethan Ruan or Mike He...hehehehe

I agree, Cong Yang is a wonderful choice for YS. He's generally more average-looking, but that's exactly fine just the way it is. Young YS' eyes were kinda more droopy though, or well, that area of his face XD, but I can imagine him growing up to look like CY. The only thing is, he's gentler and softer looking/acting than the little YS...but otherwise, he's done an awesome job acting as the older Yu Shu. =D

Actually, YS is only about 14 or 15. He was in third grade when XQ first moved in to the Jiang home, and announced that he was 8 years old. XQ and ZS married when he was 10/11....in episode 15, he and Hao Mei were getting ready to go to high school, which means he is 14/15. =)

I admit that the jump is a bit sudden and kinda drastic, but they HAD to switch the Yu Shus sometime. It's not like they could really just skip a few years and not talk about XQ and ZS and the rest of the characters..so since less XQ-ZS moments happen while ZS is in Matsu, I guess it IS best to skip longer periods of time and insert CY at this point. ^.^

#33 SunStar

SunStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:04 AM

is Ah Nuo someone who likes Hao Mei as well???? does he go to the same high school as HM???

#34 AndLoveYelledNO

AndLoveYelledNO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:40 AM

I don't think he's the best actor. He needs a lot of improvement. And he just hasn't really managed to convey Yu Shu's likability

I AM interested in his relationship with Hao Mei. I honestly didn't think I would be but it sucked me right in. Now i'm angry that they supposedly cut out scenes with them.

#35 sunny-dayz

sunny-dayz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

At first I was furious that they got rid of the younger YS - he's a fantastic child actor. However, I do understand that the kid would probably not be physically convincing as a high-school student.

The new YS is not as naturally talented as the young YS in terms of acting, but he CAN act, which is a relief.

#36 meluvjiro

meluvjiro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

i feel that the "new" yu shu is completely different with the old chubby yu shu.. kinda miss him.. i wonder why they have to change the cast, since the old yu shu is morreeee adorable and i think it just ruin my memory of yu shu in ISWAK (a bit) sooo why they have to change him???????? *sigh*

#37 joe_cheng_1205

joe_cheng_1205

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

meluvjiro:
Hi Jiro fan!!! LOL
I think the idea to change a new YS is based on the manga coz he turns to high school now... The other one is so small with YS character... It's ganna be weird if he goes to Yr 10 ... u Know
And I also love the other one... But he's not that HOT u now... He's chubby and cute...
But now YS's support to be similar to his own brother... ZS.... Being HOT, skinny and TALL
Hope u get what I meant
I think he's cute... Cong Yang acting wasn't that bad... Still acceptable... Epescially when he's with Hao Mei.. Both of them were really cute ay!!!
Nice day....

#38 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3318 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

Hmm I have a feeling his story will have a lot to do with Lin Hao Mei & Ah Nuo. I think Ah Nuo will like Lin Hao Mei? And Yu Shu might get jealous and stuff. Don't know, but in the trailer I remember seeing Ah Nuo (Wang Zi) trying to kiss a girl, and most likely that girl is Hao Mei. *shrugs* Just my two cents. :)

http://www.bbtboy.co...Eo2GIm8LsnR.jpg

oOOOO i almost forgot Wang Zi was in this! I knew he was in this, but then after so long..I completely forgot. I'm pretty sure you're right. Wang Zi will probably have something to do with Yu Shu and Hao Mei's relationship and stuff. Looking forward to that!! =)) Yu Shu and Hao Mei's story interests me a lot!

haha, well apparently, she is. since yea, showed up now ^^

Anyways, I find that the teen Yu Shu is actually okay good-looking ^^ But the old Yu Shu was so cute XD Especially in the first installment XD

Edited by hebe.x3`frh, 06 April 2008 - 09:51 AM.

#39 elloshiions

elloshiions

Drama Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1647 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:08 AM

at first, i didn't think he would do too well as the role as the cute and chubby YS we knew, but after watching i was completely surprised.
he isn't that bad and is pretty good at acting too! though, i do miss the little YS cuz he does seem to have more experience compared to the older version.
either way, he is pretty good and isn't bad looking at all. ;]

#40 SunStar

SunStar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

sometimes....i wished they would chose someone a bit better looking.... to "aww" us ladies....Cong Yang is okay...but not dashing....