AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Are moths really the spirit of a loved one coming to visit you?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 s2Wennie

s2Wennie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:40 AM

haha this is funny. I haven't herd of it before. I see LOTS of moths and I only know like..3 people (relatives/close friends) that have died. At New Years Eve I was being attacked by moths. I doubt they were loved ones =[

#2 Miss.Understand

Miss.Understand

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

Never heard of this but I've been followed by a moth once when I was little. I remember I hid under the blanket peeking at it and that damn thing tried to fly under my blanket too until my grandmother killed it T-T

But that time I was really little and none of my family members I knew passed away so maybe it was just a coincidence?

#3 -m.

-m.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:50 PM

soo...if a moth comes a night just banging into a bright light, it's your loved one? cos moths usually hang around bright stuff at night cos they think it's the sun. unless, it actually is following you and stopping where you stopped. i think i remember my bf saying something about that but i have to ask :P but i think so.

#4 bAnaNa_boi

bAnaNa_boi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

Damn i got attacked by moths... i guess my loved ones dun like me then? -__-" NO WAY!

#5 Ice222

Ice222

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

Well after my mum died, I killed a moth before anyone told me not to. Guess I killed her spirit then. *shrug*

#6 xdumb

xdumb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

hmm , i sort of believe this thing though . because it was around the fifth day after my grandma died . and when i got home with my family after visting my grandpa , we saw a moth on the floor . the moth was brown and white . and i remembered that when i was at my grandma's funeral , normally in front of the coffin , we would place one pair of the deceased clothes . and i remembered it was a brown blouse with white flowers . idk if it was a coincidence or what , but i believed that on that day , my grandma was in the form of that moth , visiting us .
but on the other hand , (this happened a few years back) my friend's grandma also passed away . then around three days after her death , there was a moth in my friend's house . my friend simply freaked out and threw what ever she could reach onto the moth . the moth died , and she related the incident to me . of cos , i told her what i knew and she asked me ' that means i killed the spirit of my grandma ? ' lol , maybe what happened to me was just a coincidence ^_^*

#7 mellowfruit

mellowfruit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

don't be silly. your loved ones live in your heart, and not as some other beings coming back...

#8 levitage

levitage

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

not only the filipinos but the chinese too..
maybe it's conincidence but when my grandfather died, on the day of the funeral i saw a black moth

#9 aniLaS

aniLaS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:26 AM

hmm i remeber my cousin told me when you see white moths it means that someone is thinking/missing you .. hehe

#10 Elle-hearted

Elle-hearted

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

I believe this. Every gathering of my family, there's always the same butterfly just resting near us. Or could land on one of us, like that. I remembered my grandma said that it was my great-grandma's spirit. I miss her also. :(

#11 shadow711

shadow711

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

my mum said it depends on wat kind of moths but iono, if they start annoying me i will kill, if they were my loved 1s they wud no better not to annoy me

#12 pullum_purna

pullum_purna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:24 PM

I heard that it was birds (from sylvia brown).
Dn't kno tho. Moths R annoying. MayB that Idea came from the movie where the lovers turn into butterflies @ da end.

#13 Ahxue

Ahxue

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

My mother told me about this when a moth appear in my house after my grandma died. Cause that time i was still a small kid, so i was kind of freak out with a moth inside my house. That's when my mother say its just my grandma coming back to visit us. :)

#14 preciosobaby

preciosobaby

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

serious? i haven't heard of that one before...but i have heard they are lucky and that u have to capture one in your hand and then make a wish and blow it away again <3

#15 sLeEpYhEaD

sLeEpYhEaD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

hopefully not because a moth flew into my mouth before and i don't think my relatives want me to eat them ^^

#16 Eada

Eada

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

thats an ancient tale. the ancient people didnt know how to tell de kids how their old ones pass away and tries to comfort the kids that the moth are spirits

#17 aibeesee

aibeesee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Moths eat clothes. Any one who ever loved me knows my closet is a no go zone.

So no.

#18 f/c/j

f/c/j

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

Hopefully not! Now I feel like I've killed their spirits :(

jk lol

#19 M1k0e

M1k0e

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

it dusnt have to be a moth, it can be any creature really. but yea, they come back in that form supposedly to chek up on u

#20 Ra Kisei~

Ra Kisei~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

Lol
Apparently my grandpa visited as a hawk.....? lol it was b i was born so i dunno much xD
But yeah, as M1 said, they needa have a peace of mind ^^

#21 irreplaceable♡

irreplaceable♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

i hope not. cause i hate moths and always kill them ;/

#22 aznsnipa

aznsnipa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:00 AM

damn, i killed like 50 moths when i was driving back home. They sure know when to visit.

#23 anhkia

anhkia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

one day i wanna know all the truth to all these superstitions and mysterious stuff, after i die or something

#24 howyadoin

howyadoin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

yes, i have heard of this legend before, and it seems to me like theres a possibility since i do recall seeing a few moths or butterflies flying around my house whenever theres an aniversary of a family member's death.

#25 Guest_unbleached_*

Guest_unbleached_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:50 AM

i heard its the white butterfly... ur grandpa is watching over u!!!

superstitions are interesting. xD

#26 HelloKittyx3

HelloKittyx3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:18 AM

Maybe. Cause once I was up at 1 am watching dramas and then a butterfly flew on my hand. My dad's picture was near where I sat too O_o
My dad passed away 2 years ago. But yeahh.
And the weird thing is that.. the butterfly disappeared a few minutes after..

#27 iRebel

iRebel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:48 AM

no silly...
moths are not really the spirit of a loved one coming to visit you.
butterflies are.
:whistle

#28 ♥ H A E N A A

♥ H A E N A A

Heartbeat ♥

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

LOL. If moths are really the spirit of a loved ones, I'm speechless.
Because throughout my whole life, I only sees moths when I'm bathing.
So, having the thought that moths are spirits, gosh, kinda uncomfortable.
But I don't really believe in this, so ya.

#29 Pin0y4lyfe

Pin0y4lyfe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:21 PM

i honestly just hope it's butterflies,cuz if i see a moth,i dont just stare at it.i kill it.if it touches me,i kill it faster,and if it EVER flew in my mouth i'd kill it,cut it up,then roll it up in used toilet paper,then flush it down the toilet. :whomp

#30 triksta

triksta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

well i certainly hope its not a spirit of a loved since i kill em everytime i see one (in my room anyway) but i dont really believe these things XD

#31 heartbreakhotel

heartbreakhotel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

i'm not sure about these things but superstition really gets to me. sometimes i don't want to believe but upon hearing them i can't help but to follow it even though i don't really believe it. it makes me a bit iffy sometimes because i don't know if it's real or not. eversince hearing about the superstition of moths, i no longer kill them (actually, i no longer ask people to kill them for me if they are in the house).

#32 Luci13666

Luci13666

cUtiE pIe ~_^

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

I've heard of that before, but I don't really believe it. I mean there are so many moths out there . . . and I personally just don't like bugs . . . how do you know that it's a relative? Did they . . . tell you they're your relative?

#33 stanley

stanley

bleed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

heard of this b4 , but nvr reallly believe it cause too many moth in the house!!

#34 bon0305

bon0305

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

hope its not true cos i wudda squished a few of my relatives x.x;;
lol id like to think they have reincarnated into babies rather than moths o.o'

#35 preciosobaby

preciosobaby

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:54 PM

i heard that u are meant to catch them in your hands, make a wish and then close your eyes and blow it away.... <3
i actually did that many times but...errr wishes never came true LOL

#36 Pinkuu

Pinkuu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

wow.. they are? i remember once my grandma not to kill a wasp because it was my grandad O_O''
im not sure how these tings work and whether they are real or not..~ But i hate those kind of things and i wud kill them because they just annoy the crap out of me.

#37 Michellet*

Michellet*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

Well, I'm not sure but I remember when I was in Secondary 1, my uncle passed away and after the 3 days wake I went back to school and I saw a big moth in the canteen and on a wall by the central staircase. By right, moths appear only at night and in Singapore, the moths are small ones. What's strangest is that I only see these moths after my uncle passed away and it continued for about a week or so. The person-in-charge of the funeral told us that its the "person" coming back to visit. And from then on, whenever we notice moths in our house, we just let it be.

#38 shaolun

shaolun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

i dont know about the moths.

My experience is about butterflies. My older brother and younger brother both died when they were young. Then from what i can remember, ever since i was a kid there's always two butterflies visiting us during all souls day. sometimes they also visit during their birthdays.

so yeah, i believe that those two butterflies are my brothers.

this may sound silly or whatever but... you will know that it's real if you are in my position.

#39 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2259 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

I often heard from mom and dad that the butterflies visit us at home is a reminder of our
loved ones' death anniversary, a loved one who passes away and a loved one who's asking
from us prayers and good intentions. And I believed them because everytime butterfly/ies
visit us at home or me in school, the next day, I heard mom and dad talk about a loved ones'
death anniversary, a sick friend/relative and a loved ones who just pass away. And I feel guilty because I always pass whenever there's a death anniversary or fail to visit a sick relative in the hospital

Edited by ms. ait, 07 December 2008 - 03:25 AM.

#40 metallili

metallili

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

It could be true. I watched the tape of my grandpa's funeral and saw a moth(or butterfly) landing on my cousin's shoulder...

Edited by metallili, 09 December 2008 - 12:33 AM.