AF needs funding again

Photo

Celebrity Nude Picture Scandal: Who Was the Biggest Loser?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
133 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:33 AM

Credits: Serena @ http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com

Celebrity Nude Picture Scandal: Who Was the Biggest Loser?

The "Celebrity Nude Pictures" incident has stunned the entire city! More and more artistes are becoming involved in the incident. The reputations of the people involved are suffering. Their relationship and family are also victims. You can say that everyone is a loser in the incident. But who is the biggest loser (out of 5 stars)?

Bobo Chan 5/5 Stars
Bobo Chan almost married into a wealthy family. Unfortunately the incident has dragged her down. There are rumours that her boyfriend Phillip (金 紫耀) has pushed back the wedding date indefinitely. Now Bobo can’t get married.

Gillian Chung 4.5/5 Stars
Gillian has an innocent and sweet image. She has always been an idol to young boys and girls. Her image has taken a hard hit after the sex photos scandal. The image that she has built for years is in danger now. Very horrible situation.

Cecilia Cheung 4.5/5 Stars
It was hard feat for Cecilia and Nicholas Tse to overcome the barriers to become a couple. She also became a mother and a happy family of her own. This scandal may have dented her relationship with Nicholas.

Edison Chen 4.5/5 Stars
Edison Chen has become public enemy number one. The scandal has “bankrupted” his EQ and IQ. He did not step up to take responsibility like he should since he is a CEO. Instead he left and avoided the situation.

Artistes’ Union 3.5/5 Stars
The artistes’ union portrays a fair and just image. Two days after the scandal broke, they had a meeting. Their response was slow and pushed the duty onto the media. This has angered netizen which has attacked them. The union’s image has suffered.

Police 3/5 Stars
The police rapidly arrested people which were a plus. But on regarding the laws relating to the case; the more they explained, the worse it became. Netizen had a frenzy of attacks on the police. Nothing was left of the dignity of the police.

#2 shawty_says

shawty_says

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:46 AM

I think Gillian is 5/5 stars. Cecilia and Bobo were both affected in terms of relationship, but Gillian was affected in both career and relationships. Obviously she can't use the whole innocent and pure image anymore since she would be called a fake, but at least Bobo and Cecilia have a bf/husband. Gillian doesn't have anyone yet, it's going to be hard for a guy to accept her after the whole world has seen her body, especially since HK is a lot more conservative.

#3 rainysunday

rainysunday

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:54 AM

I would say that the biggest loser is hands down Gillian. She was riding on her "idol" image and pretty face before this and now these photos have destroyed any of her likeability.

#4 MRDragon

MRDragon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:57 AM

gilian definately, no doubt the biggest loser of all from the scandal.

#5 Gouki189

Gouki189

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:58 AM

I don't get why everyone relationship is getting hit so hard. Everyone has their past and come on, sex is normal in this society. Guess their partners don't feel that way, more like "my partner image has been fully revealed and I can't get pass the laughter and criticism from others", if they love them so much shouldn't you comfort them instead of doing more damage?

#6 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6215 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:01 AM

*shrugs* Personally, I agree with the article wholeheartedly. Bobo's not in the entertainment industry anymore, and that therefore makes it worse. Nobody's there to back up her. Everywhere she goes, people might be gossiping about her. They probably even know where she lives. What would current employers think of her? Keep or fire? Hopefully her bf's able to overlook the past and concentrate on their future instead.

#7 rainysunday

rainysunday

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (Gouki189 @ Feb 5 2008 10 58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get why everyone relationship is getting hit so hard. Everyone has their past and come on, sex is normal in this society. Guess their partners don't feel that way, more like "my partner image has been fully revealed and I can't get pass the laughter and criticism from others", if they love them so much shouldn't you comfort them instead of doing more damage?

Sex is normal. However, having intimate photos of yourself in various sex acts distributed to the public is not. And it especially hurts when you're someone like Gillian who's made a career out of faking this pure and innocent image.

#8 emonypemony

emonypemony

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

the biggest loser is cecilia of course. This incident will sooo affect her marriage and she just had a baby too! all because of that jerk Edison...

Edited by emonypemony, 06 February 2008 - 07:03 AM.

#9 Chrono

Chrono

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:04 AM

Bobo's fiance:

I think Bobo is the most screwed over this ordeal. She was two steps away from marrying a rich man... and now...

Cecilia was always known as a sl*t so big deal. As for Nic, sure he's got ego problems but seriously he knew what kind of wh*re he was marrying.

Gil ruined her image and now looks like a careless, naive, sl*tty fool.

Edison got what he always wanted - validation for his bad boy image.

The biggest winner? Us, the general public. Hopefully this means that all these talentless fools will go away and we can focus on the talented people.

#10 Smirfy

Smirfy

♥CCL71♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4052 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:13 AM

cant blame people for hating edison since he acted irresponsible and fake over the incident...gillian's career probably or might be crashing, so sucks for her...same for bobo since her bf postponed the wedding.

#11 MizzLinhie

MizzLinhie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:20 AM

Ahh...Bobo..I was actually glad when she broke up with that Edison guy. And when I found out she has a new, rich boyfriend, I was so happy for her. Too bad that now her wedding day has been postponed and don't know whether if her finance would be able to forgives her or not. This is quite hard for her finance's family to accept her, especially if his family is a traditional family. Good luck to her. I guess if you don't want to ruin your reputation then you shouldn't done what you did in the first place. But I hope she's still able to stands up and face the problem. It would be so much better for her if her fiance would be beside her to get through this hard time.

#12 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4119 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (ajon753 @ Feb 6 2008 1 01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Determining who is the biggest loser depends on the value of the judging person...
If you value your career it will be Gillian
but if one value family and love it would be Bobo and Cecilia for one is about to get marry while the other just started a family and this scandal has putted the relation at stake

it is hard to say who is the biggest loser...it all depends how you look at it..what is more important to you...image, family, love, career, or money???

Great point, it's hard to judge who is the biggest loser, it's all in which terms you are looking at. But it is possible that Gillian's career can survive this, she has a large dedicated fan base that will continue to support her. And if you didn't like her after 7 years, the probability that you will become a new fan is unlikely anyway, so I think we have to wait and see what the impact will be on her career.

As for Bobo, wow, it really sucks, because this is not going to sit well with the rich families..

#13 Pauldsu

Pauldsu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (themissingpiece @ Feb 6 2008 7 36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great point, it's hard to judge who is the biggest loser, it's all in which terms you are looking at. But it is possible that Gillian's career can survive this, she has a large dedicated fan base that will continue to support her. And if you didn't like her after 7 years, the probability that you will become a new fan is unlikely anyway, so I think we have to wait and see what the impact will be on her career.

As for Bobo, wow, it really sucks, because this is not going to sit well with the rich families..

Who care...life go on. Look at Paris Hilton and her friend Kim. Everyone have something inside their closet.

#14 markto

markto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:57 AM

soo wait let me get this straight... was the picture the real deal or fake??

and yes I think BoBo and Gillian are probably the worst of them all.. since BoBo was gona get marry.. and Gillian was like the Queen Group in HK...

#15 iceeblaze

iceeblaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

hardest hit is gillian....she was ruined in terms of image, career, future relationships.

as for bobo and cecilia, they weren't focused on as much as gillian was by the media, and they already have guys who will hopefully support them. it would suck the most if this ruined their relationship tho, especially cecilia just had a baby.

still, the situation sucks the most for gilian. how is she going to continue living her idol life now? who would want to offer her ads/commercials/promo/movie roles/acting now?

#16 HK1010

HK1010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:15 AM

LOL, funny to see a "rating" chart for each contestant on "the fcuk is right" lol.

I think the biggest loser is edison chan. I mean that literally. I agree Gillian is the one to bear the most criticism. A classic "girls gone wild" now smeared over her cutey face.

I also think some of these girls especially Cecilia needs to shave her pubes. Sheesh, I can bear asian girls having pubes but her amazon jungle is like a man beard. Look at the vietnam case of that 19 year old Hoang Thuy Linh (the singer/actress/model) who fcuked her xboyfriend and he put that video online) - her career was instantly over. Will these victims follow suit? hmmmm... :rolleyes:

#17 soul_less

soul_less

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:16 AM

Guys, 1 thing about culture in asian countries, they are more conversative publicly than western countries. It may have been accepted in western countries like the US to acknowledge ppl like Paris but not in HK/China. It would be considered sl*tty and not cute like the image that they are putting themselves out to be. Even letting slip of a picture revealing the gap between a female's breast would be the talk of the tabloids but not the US. You see the difference between HK and the US?

Cecelia and Gillian has made quite abit more than Bobo, Bobo doesnt have much income as she's still not working and pretty much is gonna live off her future husband and that has been put into question. Even if this is gonna affect Cecelia and Gillan at least they have more fans and income than Bobo and can still live this out quietly, they're management company are more willing to help protect their image than non-artists like Bobo who isnt worth anything to them. Also Nic wouldnt dump Cecelia that quickly as they overcame many hardships and they have a child together, if he did, he would look like the inconsiderate husband and father.

Edison is his own boss so i guess he could just move to behind the scenes rather than up front like Dr Dre or something (like ok).

You need to define in what areas they are hit hardest, financially, image, relationship etc. I've determined it by livability where are they able to continue to live off what they have in the bank if they have no more income.

Edited by soul_less, 06 February 2008 - 08:17 AM.

#18 makil99

makil99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

are those photos proven real? :unsure:

#19 Gojita

Gojita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:21 AM

I think it is not a bad thing to take pictures if you act responsible for it! However, I think Gillain ruined herself by not admiting in taking those pictures. Now it is expose that those pictures are real so she just put herself as a liar.

#20 azn__man

azn__man

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:24 AM

gillian definately.. since she uses her idol image and pretty face to make money and get fans... she definately doesn't rely on her singing and acting ..since both are horrible. what is there left to do for her now?? nothing.

#21 ms_bigmouth

ms_bigmouth

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Pauldsu @ Feb 6 2008 5 45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who care...life go on. Look at Paris Hilton and her friend Kim. Everyone have something inside their closet.

truw but then again the chinese societal views drastically differ from thr more open/acceptable americans

#22 bBxCaNii

bBxCaNii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:30 AM

I dont think Gillian's image is THAT innocent.. Shes definitely matured alot since twins first came out.. Im sure she will continue to have many supporters and more after this crisis cools down

As for edison.. Man i feel sorry for him! Now everyone thinks his like the biggest pervert, when in realty there are many others whom are much worse. Have you guys seen Edisons comments on his youtube videos? Some people should really keep their comments to themselves *sigh*

#23 Pejaluver

Pejaluver

'Mr. & Mrs. Smith'

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:39 AM

I would say Gillian. When teenboppers ask their parents to buy tickets to Twins concert, I doubt they will. They wouldn't want their young teens to look up to Gillian. Twins make majority of their money off of young teens.

#24 Guest_jicks_*

Guest_jicks_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

^lol Word, he is a fool.

The person I feel sorry for the most is Bobo only because she is JUST about to marry into a family of high status. The amount of pressure she'll be facing in her situation would be very difficult.

Cecilia & Nicholas have been through so much as it is- I hope that they can t make it past through this as the images are obviously from a long time ago. I hope Nic is able just to accept the fact that (as cliched as it sounds) "everyone has a past."

Good luck to Gillian. She's probably got the most to deal w/ in terms of her career & the vicious HK papparazi.

#25 QuackieChau

QuackieChau

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1931 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

Personally, I don't think these people's personal lives will be affected quite as much as their careers. I mean, one would think that their significant others already know what they're really like and about their sexual history, so the scandal, while upsetting, would probably not be as shocking to their significant others as it is to the public. They have no "image" they need to keep up in their relationships as they do in their careers, so I figure it's not quite as damaging.

The exception would probably be Bobo, since her "image" is probably more important to her fiance's family.

Edited by QuackieChau, 06 February 2008 - 08:49 AM.

#26 Fairy

Fairy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

I would say all of them including Bobo, Gillian and Cecilia are hit the hardest in this ordeal. Bobo's to-be marriage is obviously not going to happen anymore and the chances of her being able to continue her career outside of showbiz is pretty much as good as zero for at least quite some time. Gillian will have to endure the media's constant questioning and her wholesome image is ruined. In that case, she might also affect her partner Charlene in album sales (or her company will either completely isolate her from Charlene and "freeze" her). Relationships wise...she won't progress for a while. Cecilia is already happily married, but because of these photos, her family life has been thoroughly damaged. Would her husband be able to cope with it and if not, what of their child?

Plus, there's the family members of these three girls. The paparazzi would be after them as well. Sex itself is a normal thing, but it should also be a thing of each person's private life. People are not shocked and upset at the fact that these artists are having sex, but moreso the fact that it ended up on the paper for everyone to see. Nobody wants to believe their beloved idol does things that differ from their image and when it's displayed all over the news, it's just hard for them not to make a fuss.

As of now, Edison Chen seems to be in the less effected group. He has always carried a playboy image and this only continues to support it. His relationship with Vincy Yeung and maybe the early success he had hoped for won't be arriving as soon as he pictured, but overall, he'll recover the fastest. He's aiming at Hollywood and even though these news have spread overseas, he will probably be able to involve himself in work faster than the girls.

#27 ultraviolence

ultraviolence

trash80 wannabe

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:04 AM

i can't see Twins continuing, Charlene will start her solo career. As for Gillian well unfortunately it could be the end for her which is a shame as i quite like her. Edison will not work in HK again for a long time. EEG will be hit hard with the loss of one of their few remaining cash cows but i won't shed any tears about that. :P

#28 kissyfur

kissyfur

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (bBxCaNii @ Feb 6 2008 3 30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think Gillian's image is THAT innocent.. Shes definitely matured alot since twins first came out.. Im sure she will continue to have many supporters and more after this crisis cools down

As for edison.. Man i feel sorry for him! Now everyone thinks his like the biggest pervert, when in realty there are many others whom are much worse. Have you guys seen Edisons comments on his youtube videos? Some people should really keep their comments to themselves *sigh*

Her image IS innocent, the typical clean + act cute portrayal that is marketed by thier company. IF the fans are really hardcore supporters despite thier lack of talent, than maybe she'll make it through..maybe those who've never seen those pics will still support her i guess, coz those who have already have a bias view against her stuck in thier head.

There is a huge culture difference with western and asian celebrities, its also added on because of how the asian ones portrayed themselves in the asian market. Look at ppl like Paris & Kim, they never act cute or innocent ..they always been sl*ttily dressed and act sl*tty, so no biggie surprise to the public. Whereas for Gillian, its the opposite..and the hypocrisy is where the bias-ness will come in now. WE, the public will feel cheated and arent we all SHOCKED at the likes of her having such kinky pics? There's still so many devoted fans still denying its real, and not being able to accept it.

Its like, if you're not that kind of image, dont PRETEND u are..the good thing bt pretending u are? U earn mega-loads of $$$ for your company and yourself so easily targeting the right market with the right image, but when such an extreme scandal like this happens? It will go to the extreme negative as well.

As for Edison, yup maybe he's a normal bloke who has a high libido so we cant exactly call him a perv & etc...BUT he has made a huge mistake himself. WHY? He's not smart enough to know how to keep his pictures protected (and even dumber! for bringing it to repair!..shows that his worry-level of exposing those pics are so low that he can forget bt those pics) and RISK jeopardizing his ex-gf's stardom. If he got a brain he would think, how if this pics ever got leak out?...how bad the outcome maybe. Before he even does such a thing he should outweight the consequences first. This is a rather huge lesson learnt for him (if he ever learns!). I condemn ppl who has no sense and sensibility. Just show how mature he is at 27-28 years old, cruising to 30.

U know what I think bout him? Is that his stardom comes too easily for him (looks + marketing alone speed things up for him!), thats why he can take it for granted...imagine if u only become famous after so many hardships & years, and u finally make it, will you risk such a thing to affect your stardom? Think bt it.

Edited by kissyfur, 06 February 2008 - 09:13 AM.

#29 wrx112

wrx112

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

Edison Chen is by far in deep sh*t. Vincy is EEG chairman's niece. The EEG top management has connections with gangs. They might drop EDC and hired someone to fcuk him up.

Gillian career is done. Nuff said you can't continue after this, the Hong Kong ppl won't allow it.

Bobo is sh*t out of luck.

Nick and cece may not last long

#30 greenhotchilipeper

greenhotchilipeper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:02 AM

Poor Bobo, love her so much...Philip should think back...that's totally not her fault...

#31 Chantel

Chantel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

I don't understand why Gill is rated that high. A lot of (HK) people already know that she became a part of Twins, not because she was looking that great, but she had other specialities.
For Ceci: I think Nicholas already know how she is and and that she had a lot of boyfriends before not a very big deal.
For Bobo: only because of the pictures that rich man won't marry her, but don't tell me that she didn't strike that pose at him before..
And that all because of those stupid pictures!

#32 lostdetective

lostdetective

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

there are now like ~47 more pics for each of gil and bobo........ prob capped from a video =X
a few more pics of cecilia as well and some pictures of randoms.. people are still arguing about who they are exactly...

#33 bluethunder

bluethunder

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

There are definitely no winners in this whole scandal. Although Bobo and Cecilia have suffered considerably, I think the media will place the most emphasis on Gillian. She will still have to endure the media scrutiny and its questionable whether her career will be able to withstand all that. The entire EEG label must be running around in circles trying to figure out how to salvage her image. I read somewhere before that she hasn't even had a proper on-screen kiss before, just a peck on the cheek (of course, I haven't seen her recent movies). Twins has fans of all ages: from ones that are pre-teens who just jumped in on the Twins craze to college students who grew up with them. As many of their fans are young and impressionable, I wonder how this will affect them.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming weeks. Hopefully all the stars will able to get through it and the media can cut them some slack.

#34 JoWee

JoWee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:30 AM

i dont think its fair to say who was the biggest loser
everyone was
right now cecilia and nick have their marriage on a thin line
and so does bobo
for twins she has her work
everyone has their losses...
arggg i mean okae come on people...
its their private life...its their sex life......
just because they are stars doesnt mean they are saints...

#35 tony_y2k5

tony_y2k5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

I think Gillian is the biggest loser because she's built her career on her cute, pure girl next door image and her fans are mostly teenagers. Now i think her image is completely ruined. I've never liked her because she was trying too hard to be this pure girl that all the boys idolised. As for Edison well i think he loses his credibility as a CEO but he's always had a big ego and his image as a bad boy is now confirmed having bedded so many beauties!

#36 s2bbycarO

s2bbycarO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

gillian- 5 stars... 4.5?! right o.O

i dnt know Bobo but poor her...

#37 samtly

samtly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

i think artise can now start to act real infront of the people. i think it is harder to digest because all the innocent act that was put forward. is like it being lie all this time.

#38 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3470 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

thanks Chrono for the pic of bobo's (ex?) fiance...no offense but by the looks of him, bobo just wanted to marry him for his wealth unless i pegged her wrong and she's into old guys :blink:

as for who the biggest loser is, i believe that all the celebs involved are equally screwed...they're all suffering from the backlash of this incident so i couldn't say that someone's suffering more than another person

#39 Polaris Snow

Polaris Snow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

It'll all pass with time, just look at Paris Hilton.

She dealt with this pretty well.

Still, this may spark a trend for better waxed pubes in the future for this territory.

#40 tiffsofresh

tiffsofresh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

"He did not step up to take responsibility like he should since he is a CEO. Instead he left and avoided the situation."

He took responsibility two days ago. Far more than any other artist has so far.