How to get rid of tongue ulcers?

19 replies to this topic

#1 chibimarukochan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:02 PM

I know everyone would say...rinse ur mouth with salt but I've tried that...it didn't work for me.

So does anyone know a quick solution to cure a tongue/mouth ulcer?

I have one on my tongue on the side and is very painful I can't ignore it when I'm eating. -_-

Anyone know how to prevent ulcers from occuring in the first place?

• Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:13 PM

i get them all the time, umm....i use this gel i bought from the chemist

#3 SleepySiuJuJu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

Well, I remember when I was in Japan there were these like medicated "round stickers". What you do is that you take a sticker and put it on the ulcer and by the next day your ulcer would be gone.

It worked miracles for me :)

#4 mcd_chicken

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:13 PM

l used to get them when l was younger all the time and the best thing that worked for me was the chinese drink

'CHING LURN CHA' it works really well and its cheap and tastes nice.

#5 brianchenleong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:30 AM

Use a gel call BONJELA it will do the job it numbs the pain and then a few days later the ulcer will take off

#6 Kazaf

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:47 AM

I use the Colgate mouth wash that removes them, they are very minty..
but the result is great!

#7 Pooky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:41 AM

Just brish your teeth often and use mouth wash. Be sure to eat heathily and less fried food.

#8 Adiva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 09:58 PM

Kazaf, on Nov 2 2004 10 47 AM, said:

I use the Colgate mouth wash that removes them, they are very minty..
but the result is great!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used Colgate mouth wash too in any pharmacy. They were recommended to me when I had my braces. They were life savers when the metal scar my gums. at most three days that were gone.

But most ulcers comes from bad digestion. Like the gas is coming up your throat. So if you have ulcers not only do you want to get rid of the pain you also want to see what you recently eat that didn't agree with your stomach. And stay away from acidic food so you want have more ulcers.

#9 kca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:30 PM

Eat more fruits adn drink plenty of water...
There is a chinese medication that will help, name Hou Fung Shan.. Taste lil bit bitter but help.
Also there's doctor's medications too, depends on the type of ulcer u have. It can help heal quicker and less pain...
To prevent in first place, eat plenty of fruits and drink enoough water everyday. U still can have ulcer by trauma (maybe get bitten by accident when u eat), or something wrong with the tooth in that place, etc...

#10 nochebinbin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:37 PM

the doctor say ulcer is due to lack of sleep and certain amount of stress and lack of victim C. So make sure you eat lots of veg, fruits, less junk and fast food and fry food. I use this chinese spray, made from watermeln, dunno the name for it though >< but onli work when you spray before it turn HUGE!!!

#11 coffeebean

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:52 AM

I use "Xi Gua Xiang", you can get it from Chinese pharmacy.
It taste bitter but heals very fast, like in two days!

#12 in_love

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

My little brother is suffering from the same ailment and mom bought bonjela gel; -live urls are not allowed in your usergroup- for him. When mom applied the gel on the affected area…oh God my brother screamed so loud. I guess it caused him too much of pain but after a few seconds he clamed down and was telling mom that he feels okay. why don’t you try this gel?

#13 KC_deathscythe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

vegemite if u are in australia

#14 bakzhang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

how to precent ulcers forming? well, it is difficult. haha. but you can probably just dont get yourself 'heaty'..when you are 'heaty', you are likely to get ulcers. 'bonjela' doesnt really work, but at least it can reduce inflammation. let time passes and the ulcers will be gone by itself.

#15 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

Uh fruit can cause the problem. High In Sugar and acids , Dont believe me ask a Dr. I asked my wife who's an M.D. Salt was Solution works well, Weight gain can also cause such things.

#16 Azure!

Graaay <3

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

Apply salt directly onto the ulcer. Hurts like MAD when you first apply the salt but it gets rid of the ulcer effectively and fast.

I say it's better than feeling the pain the ulcer brings you for a few days till it goes off on its own. Might as well get rid of it fast although it hurts.

#17 火柴人

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

use vinegar to burn it off, for me is the quickest way. usually the form in the areas where your tongue is contact with your teeth alot. so try consciously not moving your tongue as much as possible.

how to prevent? everyones different in terms of how they get them, i knew a girl who'll get a mouth full of 'em, not just on tongue, gums too!! and she only gets them when she's under pressure. i get them very rarely and it only helps if you don't eat so much heaty food.

#18 mushroomcheese

Leehommmmmm :)

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

View Postchibimarukochan, on Oct 26 2004 8 02 PM, said:

So does anyone know a quick solution to cure a tongue/mouth ulcer?

Anyone know how to prevent ulcers from occuring in the first place?
Cure: eat vitamin B2 and C tablets. It helps to heal wounds quickly, also drink alot of water. If you have 'inner heat', dont stay up too late. If you lack of vitamins, eat the tablets and also lots of fruits.

Prevention: Still, dont stay up too late. Your body detoxifies the best at 11-2am. Drink lots of water and eat fruits (but not oranges, cos it's heaty.. eat banana!). DONT eat heaty foods like fried stuffs and those that are high in fats.

Hope that helps. For a temporary solution to ease your pain, sprinkle salt on your wound. Kinda 'numb' your wound for a little while, or bite on it :P

Edited by mushroomcheese, 23 November 2008 - 12:42 PM.

#19 insanelysane

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

I usually buy that gel from the pharmacy.

But sometime (don't call me a masochist but...), I put salt over the ulcer. It really works for me. But it hurts like there's no tomorrow. >_<

#20 Subtle Red

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

Rinse many times a day with salt water & avoid chili, citrus, or anything boiling hot. Rinse with mouth wash after your meals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users