AF needs funding again

Photo

Adam Cheng Absent from Lydia Shum's Funeral

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:48 AM

Adam Cheng Absent from Lydia Shum's Funeral

Since the death of Lydia Shum Din Ha earlier this week, ex-husband, Adam Cheng Siu Chau's reaction has been publicly scrutinized. Through Adam's assistant, it was revealed that he intended to attend Lydia's funeral in Vancouver, Canada. However, due to daughter, Joyce Cheng Yan Yee's wishes, Adam will not appear at Lydia's funeral after all.

Currently filming 《書劍恩仇錄》in Hengdian, China, Adam will instead attend Lydia's memorial service in Hong Kong at a later date.

While married to Lydia, Adam had an affair, Koon Ching Wah, who is his current wife. Adam and Lydia divorced on bad terms in 1987. Realizing that Adam may be criticized by Lydia's family and relatives at the funeral in Canada, Joyce advised him not to attend the service. Joyce knew that Adam will likely face an emotionally awkward situation if he attended.

Allegedly, Joyce told Adam that too many people wanted to attend Lydia's funeral in Vancouver. The attendee list was already full and the security guards will not allow anyone who was not on the list to enter the ceremony. As Lydia's ex-husband, Adam should have been placed on the attendee list. However, it was Joyce's ploy to prevent potential awkwardness for her father.

Between the time that Lydia's illness took a sharp nose-dive and her death, Adam did not express [any concern]. This angered Lydia's relatives. Chan Suk Fan also indicated that Joyce did not receive any calls from Adam during Lydia's last days. Thus, Lydia's relatives decided to exclude Adam from the funeral attendee list.

Since Lydia's death on February 19th, Adam avidly avoided the press. Adam's assistant explained that he was truly busy filming in China. He had a long filming schedule as each scene required his presence and the dialogue was long. Thus he did not have any time to return press calls. Adam's assistant asked for forgiveness.

The production crew of 《書劍恩仇錄》indicated that Adam requested vacation time during two periods. He requested 4 days off this week and another 4 days in early March. Apparently, Adam intends to appear at Lydia's memorial service in Hong Kong, which will be held in March.

The funeral site for Lydia was changed last minute to accommodate the attendance of over 400 guests. In attendance will be the 30 people that worked with Lydia while she filmed in Singapore, as well as her friends from Taiwan and Canada.

Since Lydia immigrated to Vancouver for several years, she established good connections with government officials, who praised Lydia for her contribution. The Mayor of Vancouver, Sam Sullivan, indicated that he was very good friends with Lydia and admired her performance talents. Thus he will issue a public statement on Tuesday as a tribute to Lydia.

According to a reliable source, Lydia's funeral will be held on Wednesday, February 27th at 10 AM. On Friday, February 29th a Chinese community association will hold a memorial service for her in Vancouver as well.

Source: Orientaldaily
Credits: Jayne

Edited by mv_288, 24 February 2008 - 06:49 AM.

#2 ChairmanMeow

ChairmanMeow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:54 AM

As much of a jerk that he may be, I don't think he should be banned from going to her funeral. Sometimes the ones that don't say anything and keep everything to themselves are the ones that are hurting the most.

#3 chinoischick

chinoischick

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1744 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

rite...the nerve of him. I doubt he will even show up to her HK mem service. if he had cared he wouldnt let others influence his final connection with someone he truly cares for. such a jerk.

#4 Guest_music note_*

Guest_music note_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

thought he is/was kinda a jerk, i think he still should have been invited...even if it was secret or something...

i live in vancouver actutally now...hmm

#5 ILoveChowGoon

ILoveChowGoon

Adam's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:20 AM

Why is everyone so interested in whether or not Adam will be attending her funeral? It's none of outsider's business. One day, there's news saying he will attend, then the next day the news say he won't attend. I don't even know what news to trust. Adam doesn't need to tell people what he's going to do and he doesn't have to please anybody. Please note that he is her EX-HUSBAND, not HUSBAND. How do you expect him to attend her funeral without her relatives' consent? He did apply for leave but Joyce advised him not to go. What do you all want him to do??? Act all dramatic and hold a press conference to clarify this matter?

#6 阿Mei

阿Mei

Music Lover

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (ILoveChowGoon @ Feb 24 2008 2 20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is everyone so interested in whether or not Adam will be attending her funeral? It's none of outsider's business. One day, there's news saying he will attend, then the next day the news say he won't attend. I don't even know what news to trust. Adam doesn't need to tell people what he's going to do and he doesn't have to please anybody. Please note that he is her EX-HUSBAND, not HUSBAND. How do you expect him to attend her funeral without her relatives' consent? He did apply for leave but Joyce advised him not to go. What do you all want him to do??? Act all dramatic and hold a press conference to clarify this matter?

I agree. People (outsiders) need to chill and stop making judgments on him. It's none of their business whether he attends the funeral or not. And for the record, the article said that he decided not to attend the funeral on the advice of his daughter. I think if she had asked him to attend, he would have. Also, the article said that this was to prevent any unpleasant scene, awkwardness, at the funeral since Fei Fei's family have issues with Adam. It's better this way since it would allow Fei Fei's family to send Fei Fei off in peace.

#7 crazy4sushi

crazy4sushi

feed me sushi ^.^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2217 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:50 AM

so it's Joyce Cheng's wish for Adam not to appear, if so then its not really his fault, tho it would've been better if he was there, it's just a sign of respect thats all

#8 mchu17

mchu17

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:23 AM

whether Adam goes doesn't really matter la...but wow, the ceremony is next wk in Vancouver, then March 3rd in HK? Wa...Joyce will be flying all over the place!

#9 Polaris Snow

Polaris Snow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:01 AM

Affairs and diviorces, humans are not meant to be monogamous in nature and this is the inevitable result, broken families and lifelong grudges.

#10 vanterminator

vanterminator

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1126 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

Its a shame he won't be there but since its the wishes of Joyce then it should remain that way so that it will be a peaceful funeral.

#11 Jet-Girl

Jet-Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:15 PM

so if he did go to the funeral, would his current wife go as well?
That would be the ultimate disrespect.
I think Joyce made the right decision, i mean, she doesn't want her dad scrutinised and talked about on a day that should be her mother's

#12 yoshii

yoshii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

Not sure who is right or wrong but I think he should attempt to attend ... but this arrangement is probably best for him ... he better turn up to the HK memorial...

#13 amoureux

amoureux

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Didn't know that Adam has an affair which lead to their divorce.. No wonder they were on bad terms..

#14 Emperorwendy

Emperorwendy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

Its sad that Lydia's last wish to see Adam b4 death is not fulfilled. If Joyce dont want him to attend its all reasonable. She called him when Lydia is dying and he didnt manage to came back so she has the right to be angry.

#15 mandy_candy33

mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

i guess all joyce wants to do is let her mother rest in peace...it would be so awkward for adam to face all of lydia's friends and family and it'll just make everyone feel even worse

#16 Guest_misz_alice_*

Guest_misz_alice_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

I mean I understand where Joyce is coming from... SHe doesn't want her father to attend the funeral because he had an affair of whatever, but I know that Lydia would want him to attend the funeral!! RIP Lydia!!

#17 Rippy

Rippy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

this is just sad, why cant they let fei fei leave in peace, family issues should come later imo.
so sad

#18 nukerc

nukerc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2053 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

everyone should know that Adam is a piece of jerk who used Lydia and married her to get fame... he was a pure player and never loved Lydia everyone should know that... and I am so happy they banned him from the funeral he does not deserve to be there... and oh yes... his daughter Joyce lost her grandmother and mom... how come as a dad he doesn't take instant vacation to go see her.. just a phone call? yea right!!! what a loser he is, he the one that should deserve to die, hate this guy a lot !!! Sorry for the Adam Cheng fans out there, this dude deserve no respect from us!

#19 MaC87

MaC87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:55 PM

It's really sad for everyone right now, including Adam Cheng. I'm pretty sure there's certain things we don't know about so it's best not to critcise him. Also, whatever happened in the past should be the past. holding grudges will just harm the individual itself.

R.I.P. LYDIA SHUM.....we will always support you.

#20 Fēi~ling

Fēi~ling

Christ The Lord

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3027 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

i have read the article about adam and lydia long time ago. it was said that adam was a very bad man who didn't really care about his own daughter.

it's none of our business to judge who's right or wrong in this case. we only should wish Lydia to rest in peace and for Joyce to be strong.. she's now alone without her mom stay next to her and i hope she'll be fine

#21 cherrypink

cherrypink

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

What an ar*ehole. If he gave a crap about Lydia at all then he should send her off. Everyone knows that is the RIGHT thing to do. No doubt Joyce is throwing him a life line so people don't blame him for being a WIMP!!! Sad sad sad sad.

#22 ILoveChowGoon

ILoveChowGoon

Adam's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (nukerc @ Feb 24 2008 4 46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everyone should know that Adam is a piece of jerk who used Lydia and married her to get fame... he was a pure player and never loved Lydia everyone should know that... and I am so happy they banned him from the funeral he does not deserve to be there... and oh yes... his daughter Joyce lost her grandmother and mom... how come as a dad he doesn't take instant vacation to go see her.. just a phone call? yea right!!! what a loser he is, he the one that should deserve to die, hate this guy a lot !!! Sorry for the Adam Cheng fans out there, this dude deserve no respect from us!

And you sound like you know everything about their family huh. Just because you hate him doesn't mean he deserves to DIE. Oh please!!!! Don't use the word "us" to represent everybody else. It's probably you and a few others who are being disrespectful.

I assume that you know how to read right?? Here's what Lydia said about Adam

Edited by ILoveChowGoon, 24 February 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#23 ttlexi

ttlexi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

so joyce wish that adam wouldn't show up at lydia's funeral, that is sad..............:(

#24 ayafan

ayafan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (ChairmanMeow @ Feb 24 2008 1 54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much of a jerk that he may be, I don't think he should be banned from going to her funeral. Sometimes the ones that don't say anything and keep everything to themselves are the ones that are hurting the most.

Agree with you there. I do not believe that Adam's a jerk at all. How do you people know that he didn't care. Just because of the newspapers? Relatives doesn't always know everything.

#25 meli86

meli86

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:15 PM

i don't think we should make judgments based on articles from newspaper and relatives as they might not know everything. Although, from adam's lack of action shown so far and lydia's friend Florence chan's comments, it does make Adam look bad.

#26 funnylady

funnylady

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

well actually we all have no rights to judge on Adam or anyone as we know nothing true about them .. we heard the news from the television and read from magazine.. but do we realy know about them ? NO ..... reporter always twist the truth or simply create a story or it might be real .. we can only believe those story by reporter that seems real to us ...... Maybe adam cheng really want to go, or maybe he does not want to go.... but if Lydia shum really loved her husband then I really believed that she doesn't want anyone of us to criticize him and especially her daughter joyce..
REST in PEACE Lydia!

#27 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36830 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

So it was his daughter's wish for him not to go to the funeral. I didn't know that. Does that mean his relationship with his daugther Joyce isn't that good?

#28 SorMui1314

SorMui1314

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

If it was Joyce's wish for Adam not to show up, then it wasn't really his fault. But I mean it would of been better if he did show up to show respect but it was Joyce's wish for him not to be there so don't blame him....

#29 pidee

pidee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:09 PM

I still feel Adam Cheng should turn up...considering they have been together last time...Seems like his relationship with his daughter should be rather close since she considers so much about him..

#30 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3470 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

i think that joyce has her own reasons for not wanting her father at the funeral...he's been under attack by so many people that it would just be awkward if he did attend...and the funeral shouldn't be about having ill feelings toward adam, it should be about remembering lydia

#31 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3992 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (nukerc @ Feb 24 2008 4 46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I heard that it was Lydia who'd forced him into marrying her. There were many rumors in those years, so it's impossible to know which one is true.
Let's face it, Adam Cheng might be one of the most handsome actors in the business at that time, and Lydia Sum isn't exactly classified as the image icon of beauty.

#32 reeniegal

reeniegal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

i think it is best for adam not to attend, even if he wants to, cuz you know his appearance will turn into media frenzy....questions will fly all over his face in regard to fei fei's last days on earth....and that is something fei fei's family does not want to see....just peacefully send fei fei away and nothing else....

#33 chinoischick

chinoischick

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1744 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:50 AM

Although i think Adam Cheng could have handled things better as Lydia's condition worsen, no one reallys know what was the arrangment between Joyce, Lydia and Adam.