74 replies to this topic

#1 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

Dancing with the daffodils

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:57 AM

So far, there haven't been any details released on the LOCH 2008 OST yet, to my knowledge. However, Hu Ge is supposed to have one song on the OST, according to an article from a few months ago. If anyone has any news on the OST, please post here. When we get the official details for the OST, I'll edit this first post to include them :thumbsup

I was thinking about what the LOCH 2008 OST might sound like, and I was wondering if the clips might have any hints.

Most of the music I've heard in the background of the LOCH 2008 clips has been orchestral-sounding and heavy on the horns (at least for the action parts).

The preview clips actually have a couple different themes, like a choral theme at the beginning, a horn-heavy action theme, and a balanced orchestra theme of strings, brass and woodwinds.

These clips are good examples (listen to the music in the background):
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Horn-heavy themes are great for big battles, but I'm not sure about the theme they picked for the trailer. It's very suited to action, but it almost gives a weird "overdramatized" feel with the heaviness of the horns. Haha, maybe I'm just overanalyzing, 'cause I've watched the trailer too many times :buahaha

So, do you think the themes that are used in the clips are likely part of the LOCH OST, or do you think it's just random music that they're inserting in for now? Oh, and do you like/dislike the themes so far in the clips?

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 25 February 2008 - 03:01 AM.

#2 pegster

pegster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:02 AM

Wow you're fast with these posts swim.

I'm thinking there Ariel will have at least one song in the OST, the scene where she first appears as a girl in front of Guo Jing coming down the stream, she's suppose to sing a song. I think they talked about filming that scene.

#3 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:51 AM

ckrazy, maybe you could elaborate on your post a little? What was wrong with the ROCH OST? What are you hoping for differently with the LOCH OST? (Just curious, 'cause I've never seen ROCH).

pegster, Ariel's singing a song in the boat scene, but I think they said it would just be in that scene - it's not going to be in the OST, I'm pretty sure. *sigh* I'm okay with that as long as the OST is good, though. I'm hoping for something really beautiful, like the Lord of the Rings trilogy soundtracks were.

Edited by swimfishyswim06, 25 February 2008 - 04:52 AM.

#4 ckrazy425

ckrazy425

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:10 AM

I just didn't like it that much I don't know maybe cause I listen to the CP OST right before it and I guess I liked the CP OST over the ROCH OST.

#5 chien

chien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

I hope that maybe Anson Hu could write/sing a song for the series. His songs are really nice, and the one he wrote for Young Warriors was amazing! Hu Ge also sang one subtheme on the Ost, and that song was produced by Anson too, if I'm not mistaken. Hu Ge always gets at least one track to sing in his series, so for LOCH it should be the same. Perhaps he could do a duet with Ariel?

#6 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:16 AM

ckrazy, hmm, well, I hope you like the LOCH OST a lot more, then! :D

chien, oooh, I love Anson Hu's songs (at least of the few I've heard)! It's pretty definite that Hu Ge will have one song on the LOCH OST, and I would love to hear an Ariel/Hu Ge duet, but I don't think it's going to happen. The LOCH company only said Hu Ge would be singing one song for the OST, and I think they might have said that Ariel won't be on this OST, although we will get to hear her song an ancient song in that one boat scene. I'm really just hoping for a good, mostly classical OST that will be moving even as a stand-alone. I'm hoping for a bunch of Chinese instruments incorporated into the OST music, too - like the "Gu Zheng". (I was actually a little disappointed, because Ariel actually practiced the Gu Zheng to prepare for her role as Huang Rong, and then she found out Huang Rong wouldn't be playing it at all in this LOCH version).

#7 Originale™

Originale™

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1812 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:40 AM

chien: i like that thought of a duet but sadly they dun get to sing together. Really wanted to noe wat it sounded like. But for OST i think i rarely hear duets being played during a drama.

swim:
Awww wanna hear/see Ariel play gu zheng. The instrument sounds so nice and i think its compatible with the intelligent huang rong.

#8 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:30 AM

Originale, that's true... rarely get to hear duets on OSTs, especially as the theme songs. *Big sigh* Maybe Ariel will go to one LOCH promo and play the gu zheng there? :D *hopeful*

Side note: Did Huang Rong play the gu zheng in the novel? I forget. She must have, I guess, because Ariel only read the novel (and didn't watch any other LOCH versions) before taking on the role, so why else would she practice it before filming started?

Hope we hear more about the OST soon!

#9 valjean03

valjean03

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

Hmm. I loved the ROCH soundtrack. Well actually the begining at least. I think yeah, it has a few bad songs, but it still was a fitting soundtrack to the story and it fitted well with the story. However, it really depends on your individual tastes on music really.

#10 autumn87

autumn87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

i heard some where say that arielin hav a song in LOCH ...ofcause hu ge and other two but i cant member the name......

#11 pegster

pegster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:36 AM

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if both HuGe and Ariel record a track for the OST since HuGe is getting into the music industry, and it wouldn't be Ariel's first time doing a song for her series (eg. TKA, Tokyo Juliet, Love Contract, Secret Garden)

#12 autumn87

autumn87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

really her first song in series???
awww heehe.. if thats soo gonna be cool...

#13 chien

chien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

autumn87, I think pegster meant that it would not be Ariel's first time singing a song in her series. =) I don't think her voice is that fantastic, but it does sound sweet and soothing, at least.

Yeah I don't know why they don't use duets at all. It would be really quite nice, depending on who writes the song, of course. Or maybe they just don't believe that the actors can sing well enough to carry a duet? Because the most memorable duets have really good vocals on them.

#14 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

Did anyone notice the song partway through the 18-minute trailer for LOCH? It kind of sounded like Hu Ge... I wonder if it's his song for the LOCH OST. Then again, I'm not really sure that it was Hu Ge. It sounded like him in the beginning, but then not as much later on. His voice has developed a lot, though, and he sounds better and richer than before for the songs on his new album. I can't wait to hear the OST!

#15 autumn87

autumn87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

hu ge new song from LOCH....here the link if u wanna see..7- 乌云然 / However Dark Cloud
http://www.fs2you.com/files/71c13b28...

#16 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:12 AM

I just watched the opening for LOCH, and I kind of like the opening theme song. (The opening itself is a bit cheesy, perhaps because of limited budget after spending so much on filming and delays). I definitely like the sound of the chorus of the opening theme, though I'm not sure what it's about or what the lyrics mean, lol. Does anyone know the name of the song? Or when the LOCH OST is coming out as a whole?

#17 MexicanHatPopCornCharlie

MexicanHatPopCornCharlie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

This is just a prediction but I assume the OST will come out once LOCH has finished airing on tv.

#18 queer

queer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

The moment I heard the Opening song - I was like WOW.... I LIKE IT!!!!!!

Its very Sam Lee (Li Sheng Jie) & realise it was by Ronald Cheung.

#19 6320

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

The moment I heard the Opening song - I was like WOW.... I LIKE IT!!!!!!

Its very Sam Lee (Li Sheng Jie) & realise it was by Ronald Cheung.

Does anyone know whether the background music wil be in the OST? I particularly liked the bg music when YK was washing MNC's feet, and the music from the fight scenes

#20 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

MexicanHat, lol, that would make sense :D Thanks!

queer, yeah, I really liked the chorus on first listen, and now I'm addicted to the whole song and replay the intro just to hear it, hehe. Nice, I've never heard Ronald Cheung's voice before (that I know of), but I really like it!

6320, I assume the background music will be in the OST, because it's all similar themed (based on the vocal songs), and the other productions by the same director, like Chinese Paladin, included the background music on the OST.

#21 queer

queer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:21 AM

queer, yeah, I really liked the chorus on first listen, and now I'm addicted to the whole song and replay the intro just to hear it, hehe. Nice, I've never heard Ronald Cheung's voice before (that I know of), but I really like it!

I maybe wrong about his surname.........
His chinese name is Zheng Zong Ji.
*He was the one who created a havoc when he was drunk in the plane, in the end, loads of airline banned him from drinking*

#22 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:28 AM

queer, ohh, hmm, I still don't know who he is, lol. I don't follow much HK e-news, though.

Ooh, I like the song that plays during the kind of sad, romantic scenes.... and the fight scene music, too! Can't wait until the soundtrack comes out :D I'm going to buy two copies!

#23 qreek

qreek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

The opening theme is actually by Ronald Cheng not Cheung :D I never knew he was this good, he hits the right tones beautifully. Here is a link: www megaupload com/dk/?d=QSHII0I3
And one of Hu Ge's subtheme :) www megaupload com/dk/?d=O8TTWJPZ
Does anyone have the song playing whenever the two main couples have a romantic/sad scene? I absolutely love it :)

#24 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

qreek, I was just waiting for someone to comment so I could say how much I love the OST!! Yeah, the way Ronald sings the opening theme is awesome. I could just listen to it over and over again. Hehe, I actually keep picking the online versions of LOCH episodes to watch that have the opening theme included, because I like listening to it every single time

I already have Hu Ge's ending theme from his album, but thanks for Ronald Cheng's song :) I wish I knew what the romantic/sad scene music is... it's so beautiful and really enhances those poignant/touching scenes all the more. I really like all of the music, though... I am SO getting the OST as soon as it comes out. I like Qigong's theme, too - it's very catchy, fun and fitting for the Beggar Clan's theme.

#25 qreek

qreek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

swimfishyswim06 - Hehe really? I used to have an online version of an episode ready at all time so that I could listen to it but I had to keep starting it over and over again, so I got really annoyed and found a link :) Oh, and I forgot to tell that it's a ripped version of the song, I don't think the full version is out yet but it's still better than nothing right? It's so catchy that it lightens my mood when I'm bored or tired :P

Yes I know! It's perfect for the scenes and it fits the two couples so well.

#26 queer

queer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:37 AM

I want the songs..........
can anyone kindly uploaded to sendspace instead? *coz I can't DL from megaupload........ sob sob*

#27 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

yea i really enjoy the songs in this version, so hopefully they come out with the OST soon.

#28 qreek

qreek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Here you go :)
www sendspace com/file/7puwg6 - Opening theme (ripped version)
www sendspace.com/file/lrgb42 - Ending theme

#29 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Ohhh, thx so much for the upload.
Anyone know what the song they play alot whenever GJ and HR are together and when YK and MNC are together. It's sung by a girl.

#30 6320

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

I believe it's called "Zhi Neng Ai Ni". THe singer's name I cant remember, but I *do* remember that she faced a death sentence and served 3 years in prison because she was framed for drug trafficking...

hope that helps lol.. there arent a lot of singers with that backgroung

#31 6320

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

By the way, the bg music when
Spoiler
sounded familiar. Was it also from Young Warriors? I think it might have been the theme that was played when the Yangs were facing certain defeat and yet were determined to keep fighting.

#32 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

6320, LOL, what's with all of these good LOCH songs sung by people with criminal backgrounds? Ah well, they have great voices, and the songs get stuck in my head so easily. I wonder how many sung songs will be on the OST... so far, is it just 3 songs (sung by actual singers)?

#33 6320

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

6320, LOL, what's with all of these good LOCH songs sung by people with criminal backgrounds? Ah well, they have great voices, and the songs get stuck in my head so easily. I wonder how many sung songs will be on the OST... so far, is it just 3 songs (sung by actual singers)?

Oh dear...there are more? Perhaps people with criminal backgrounds somehow understand how to sing epic songs properly? Well, more so than the average bouncy high-pitched actress-turned-pop star, at least. *shrugs*

But wow the songs are nice...I'm actually considering soundcapturing bits and pieces of the songs whenever they're played and the stitching together the parts that do not have voiceovers so that I can sorta have a 'complete' version of the whole song

*sigh* this is how bored I get after finishing LOCH...no sense of purpose or direction.

btw Swim, why are you taking to long to watch LOCH? I mean, no offense, I'm glad you're savoring it, but I had thought that you would be ahead of us by leaps and bounds

#34 swimfishyswim06

swimfishyswim06

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3965 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

6320, the songs are super nice. I haven't heard a one I don't like yet. I'm sooo glad they took their time with the OST and took care to perfect it. Lol, you do sound bored. Never fear, the OST will be out soon!
Spoiler

#35 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

oh I found the song and who its by. Artist is someone called 彭青. Uploaded it, but somehow it marked it as a video.

Lyrics:

08版《射雕英雄传》插曲
《我只能爱你》 彭青

当你握紧我的手
我决定和你走
经历再多的挫折
也绝对不退缩
当河流都倒流
我还在你左右
一直陪伴你到时间的尽头
就算有一天
天和地都会分离
也永远不离也不弃
要和你在一起
呜~~~~~~~~~~~~
为了你 我可以
因为爱你我只能爱你
生命荡涤轮回里
你是唯一不忘的记忆
真正的爱过
才算真正的活过
爱你 从此绝不会放手
不曾褪色的承诺
比永久还要久
痛过哭过也恨过
从未想放弃过
莫问我要理由
爱就是我所有
今生来世你是不变的守候
就算全世界
都要来与你为敌
也还要紧紧抱着你
泪不会掉一滴
只要为你我愿意
牺牲一切都不觉可惜
爱你 从此再无他所求
我只能爱你

Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s6nivv

MP3 version: http://www.sendspace.com/file/feyrjs
On this version I think the Gu Zheng is more apparent.

Edited by yanyan2003, 23 July 2008 - 06:26 PM.

#36 TCHQ

TCHQ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

Could someone here translate this wonderful song???? Thanks in advance

#37 ~XoX~

~XoX~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:28 PM

Thank you so much yanyan2003 for the download link to this wonderful song! Listening to this song brings me so many good memories of this series. I especially love second half of the song where there's a slight echo after certain parts.

#38 raison

raison

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

The song 我只能爱你 (Zhi Neng Ai Ni) was a little over played since everytime someone is confessing their feelings or remembering their loved one, it's in the background. I wish they had a larger store of love songs that would show up in these tender scenes. However, I really like the instrumental music, especially the heroic one that sounds kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean. It showed up first in the background in episode one when the historical background is being set up by the narrator and couple more times during Guo Jing's heroic momments. I also really the opening and ending clips. The ending theme is by Hu Ge, right? He sounds really good.

#39 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Lyrics:

08版《射雕英雄传》插曲
《我只能爱你》 彭青

当你握紧我的手
我决定和你走
经历再多的挫折
也绝对不退缩
当河流都倒流
我还在你左右
一直陪伴你到时间的尽头
就算有一天
天和地都会分离
也永远不离也不弃
要和你在一起
呜~~~~~~~~~~~~
为了你 我可以
因为爱你我只能爱你
生命荡涤轮回里
你是唯一不忘的记忆
真正的爱过
才算真正的活过
爱你 从此绝不会放手
不曾褪色的承诺
比永久还要久
痛过哭过也恨过
从未想放弃过
莫问我要理由
爱就是我所有
今生来世你是不变的守候
就算全世界
都要来与你为敌
也还要紧紧抱着你
泪不会掉一滴
只要为你我愿意
牺牲一切都不觉可惜
爱你 从此再无他所求
我只能爱你

Translation by me:

I Can Only Love You
When you grasped my hand,
I decided to be with you.
No matter how many setbacks we experience,
I won't retreat.
When the rivers have back,
I am still by your side.
Always accompany you to the end of time.
Even if one day,
The Sky and the Earth separates,
I will never leave or abandon,
I'll always be with you.
Oh ~~~~~~~~~~~~
For you, I can,
Because I love you, I will only love you.
Life is circling back and forth,
You are an unforgettable memory.
Only when you’ve experience true,
Means you’ve live life to the fullest.
Loving you, since then we will never part,
The commitment did not fade.
Longer than everlasting.
Experiencing pain, tears, and hatred,
But have never thought to give up.
Don’t ask me for a reason.
Love is my everything.
This life and the next, I will always be with you.
Even if the whole world,
All want to want to be your enemy,
I will still tightly hold you.
Tears will not drop out
For as long as you and I are willing to
Sacrifice everything without regret.
Loving you, I no longer have any other desires,
I can only love you

Not that great, but hope that helps....lol, i had to listen to the song a billion times since i can't recognize some of the words. haha.

Edited by yanyan2003, 23 July 2008 - 06:15 PM.

#40 6320

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

Thanks raison for the upload! It doesnt work for me though...what does one use to open an .flv file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users