AF needs funding again

Jolin Tsai, Elva Hsiao Deny Involvement in Nude Photo Scandal; offers to pay 25 million yuan each

23 replies to this topic

#1 glued

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

Jolin Tsai, Elva Hsiao Deny Involvement in Nude Photo Scandal

Two Taiwan female artists pledged to offer 25 million yuan (US$3.5 million) each to any one who can prove their involvement in the nude picture scandal that shows singer and actor Edison Chen in sexual poses with a dozen women in bed.

Jolin Tsai and Elva Hsiao, two singers who were rumored to have relationships with Chen, 27, both issued statements through their agent companies on Wednesday, saying any one who can come up with their pictures with Chen in bed can get the reward if courts prove the pictures are real, Sina.com.cn reported.

The nude picture scandal has shocked the world's Chinese-speaking community after more than 800 photographs have been circulated on the Internet since late January.

The pictures so far have embroiled seven female celebrities, including Gillian Chung of the female duo Twins and actress Cecilia Cheung.

Hong Kong police so far have found nearly 10,000 racy photos after they seized computer-related items and a laptop belonging to Chen last Friday, the report said.

Five more female celebrities were said to have been in the photographs, raising rumors that Tsai and Hsiao may be on the list, the report said.

"The rumors have hurt not only me, but my family and friends as well," Tsai said in her statement, stressing that she had nothing to do with the scandal.

The 28-year-old singer said her agent company will demand "unlimited" compensation if any media group reports Tsai's rumored connection with the scandal that "damages" her, the report said.

Hsiao also said she was never in a relationship with Chen and asked the public to stop "meaningless talk" about her role in the scandal, the report said.

Chen has already asked Hong Kong Customs to protect his copyright on the nude pictures and warned against any copyright infringement of the photographs.

The Canadian-born Chinese told more than 300 reporters at a news conference last Thursday that he decided to quit the Hong Kong entertainment industry after he finishes current projects. He also said he was "sorry to the women and their families" involved in the scandal and hoped he could receive "the public's forgiveness" and "a new chance."

By Lydia Chen

Source: http://english.cri.cn/3086/2008/02/27/1261@327619.htm

#2 Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,099 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

wow they sure are comfident.. well from all the pictures i have seen the one that was supposed to be of Jolin looked really fake cuz its just some random girl with makeup on.
But them doing this is gonna make people staer PS-ing cuz people are greedy <_<

#3 bapeman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

yea...jolin is too smart but if she did go out with edc then i would guess she would have sex with him lol

#4 Jet-Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Two Taiwan female artists pledged to offer 25 million yuan (US$3.5 million) each to any one who can prove their involvement in the nude picture scandal that shows singer and actor Edison Chen in sexual poses with a dozen women in bed.

well thats just asking people to look at more EDC's racy pictures. i thought it was supposed to stop.

IDIOTS.

#5 Jellypus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

its almost a bit pathetic that they have to go through those length's to prove something. If there is nothing there, just stand your ground.

#6 Guest_♥ kAhЯeN♥_*

• Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

I don't think they're involved in it. Otherwise, why would they even so confidently offer to pay 25m? The 25m will only make people want to dig deeper into the controversy & know if they're really involved or not. Anyway, I want to keep my belief that Jolin & Elva are both decent women.

#7 chinoischick

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

Well that is clever of Elva and Jolin, putting their money on the line. Too bad the hong kong girls don't have the cash or the innocence to that.

#8 lilangel966

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

i feel like, by the police releasing "hints/comments" about who the starlets are in the pictures they found, only makes people more curious and want to find and see these pictures to see who they're actually describing. the police are just adding oil to the fire by doing this, rather than helping the situation to die down.

#9 Faye Chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:01 PM

I would be sooo surprised if any of them did have pics with him, come on how did he get two girls like THAT. They are wayyyy too good for him, I am finding it soo hard to believe so many talented pretty women slept with him.

What is his secret?, what kind of shampoo does he use? O.o

#10 Denwishy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

well they have a reason to be confident. If they did nothing, then there is no chance they are involved, hence why not make an outlandish statement? It only reinforces that they are not involved and in so doing protect their reputation.

#11 civicSiR

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

ya i also believe that they are not involved cuz why else would they offer so mcuh money? smart how both of them came up with that to prove to public that they are not involved with the scandal

#12 *HellBoi*

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

WOW !!! Both the girls are positively accurate about there love life in the past **
No one know's except yourself and your pleasing partner ***

#13 sekoyah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

This scandal is horrible and I guess that all the women included in it must feel embarrassed!
Thanks for the info!

#14 WayyliEn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

smart smart.
making this statement helps them whether they slept with edison or not (which i don't think they did). cause if they DID take pictures w/ edison, making this bold challenge will make it seem like they didnt...and if they didn't, then they didn't

#15 spirit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:33 AM

i've never liked the collaboration of jolin with edison chen. it's great to see that jolin and elva are both doing more to deny the scandal, rather than just verbally saying that they're not involved.

#16 boom-boom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (bapeman @ Feb 28 2008 11 14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea...jolin is too smart but if she did go out with edc then i would guess she would have sex with him lol

having sex is quite different to agreeing to make a sex video / take raunchy pictures. Jolin is just smart enough not to have taken the pictures. i mean come on, sex is a normal activity. without sex, there would be no reproduction.

#17 choc_tomo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

i personally think jolin's way of handling this is kinda immature and speaks volumes about her personality.

if you have a clear conscience, there's no need to spend a huge sum of money tyring to prove it to others.

#18 BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:01 AM

By offering to pay that large of money to anyone who can prove it is really an unthinkable move. It's like encouraging people to GOOGLE for the photos... We know that you're very rich, but there's no need to show it. If you're confident that you're not involved in the scandal one bit, then leave it.

#19 simple_girl13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:39 AM

it's just a way to catch the people wo have pictures..i say..put it on the internet without the money incentive..
make a joke out of these 2 'innocent' untalented waste-of-space for the asian music industry

#20 pucca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:44 AM

Wow, 3.5 millions is a lot of money so I guess that they are really innocent to offer such money.

#21 simple_girl13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (boom-boom @ Feb 29 2008 3 57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
having sex is quite different to agreeing to make a sex video / take raunchy pictures. Jolin is just smart enough not to have taken the pictures. i mean come on, sex is a normal activity. without sex, there would be no reproduction.

jolin is smart enough?!..lol...jolin tsai wore football socks with a formal dress in her music video ..i seriously doubt that's what we call smart..but you could say she was smart to go out with jay chou so he could compose/write songs/ do duets with him..without him she wouldn't have lasted in the industry
but we call it the equivalent to gold digger

Edited by simple_girl13, 29 February 2008 - 11:23 AM.

#22 mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

i guess seeing how badly the scandal has affected gillian's career, no other female artists are willing to risk their careers and they just dont want to damage it now

#23 freedent

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (choc_tomo @ Feb 29 2008 4 41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i personally think jolin's way of handling this is kinda immature and speaks volumes about her personality.

if you have a clear conscience, there's no need to spend a huge sum of money tyring to prove it to others.

Well you don't have the media making speculations about you everyday which effects your friends, family and reputation. If she don't do something like this to prove her innocent to the public, she will be forever be link to the scandal even if her photos will never be shown to the public. And how come you only talking about Jolin personality when she is not the only artist doing this? You got something against her?

One of the speculated girl on the list which I think may actually have photos in the collections is properly Stephy. I'm no expert but I have seen a lot of her interview on TV and when ever they ask her about the scandal, you can see the expression on her face change and she looks really uncomfortable talking about it even when question are not related to her.

#24 inday yu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

it's damn if you, and damn if you don't. whichever way,
people will always have something to talk againsts. for
me, i believe that jolin and elva have every right to
defend themselves. and yeah, it speaks volumes of
their personality, that they are not pushovers, and
that they fight back. anything wrong with that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users