AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Is There a Way to Make Big Face Look Smaller?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 trinity_89

trinity_89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:58 AM

I'm just wondering if there is a way to make big face look more smaller and prettier... pls teach me some way but not expensive way....maybe a traditional way?! Hmmm...if anyone know pls share with me...or if there is some product that can make face look smaller...^^ Thx 1st.

#2 JoWee

JoWee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

well first off, the EASiest way of is of course
MAKEUP!!! lots of bronzer can help make your face seem smaller

haircuts too - when you get your haircut nxt time, note your hairdresser that you want a haircut that slims down your face.

the two options above are just to make ur face seem smaller

im not sure about how to make ur face smaller otherwise..
but there are things like needles and stuf...but those are expensive

so all i can suggest is - eat healthier. but DONT NOT EAT alright? :)

#3 ♥..couture.candy

♥..couture.candy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

the best advice i can give you, is to get s side fringe. it will make ur face look longer. DONOT i repeat DO NOT get a straight fringe....

#4 trinity_89

trinity_89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

the best advice i can give you, is to get s side fringe. it will make ur face look longer. DONOT i repeat DO NOT get a straight fringe....

OMG!!!! I have straight fringe....i should change my hairstyle soon...thx for ur advice...

well first off, the EASiest way of is of course
MAKEUP!!! lots of bronzer can help make your face seem smaller

haircuts too - when you get your haircut nxt time, note your hairdresser that you want a haircut that slims down your face.

the two options above are just to make ur face seem smaller

im not sure about how to make ur face smaller otherwise..
but there are things like needles and stuf...but those are expensive

so all i can suggest is - eat healthier. but DONT NOT EAT alright? :)

Thank you very much....hmmm...then next time i should hv a hair cut 1st..thx a lot!

#5 juicyjuicyox

juicyjuicyox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

You have to get some contouring makeup use that, it'll work wonders, oh and im glad your sorting out the whole bangs thing!

#6 Total Camwhore

Total Camwhore

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

1. hairstyle: if you have short hair, it will make your face seem even rounder, so start growin your hair. Fringe is important, side fringe like the girl above mentioned. Hair hanging down the sides of your face makes your seem longer as well =]

2. Earrings, long dangly earrings are great...as opposed to studs or sleepers.

3. Eyes, make your eyes huge and not only will it direct the attention away from the surface area of your face...it will basically look like it consumes a lot of the space so ur face would seem smaller along with the other features..haha..
i think ur probz experienced with makeup for the eyes...: eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara etc...go totally asian =]

thats the most inexpensive and traditional fixes...btw girls with a little bit of chubbi cheeks are always adorable =]
dont worry too much, as u grow older, ur face shape slims down and defines

edit::!!!!
did i mention HAIR colour is very important?? if you're asian and u have pale or green/yellow complexion its BEST to stick to BLACk as black will define your features and hence seem thinner.....try to avoid ORANGE or BLONDE ..lol..it camaflouges with ur complexion and hence uh...makes it seem wider than it actually is...streaks are fine =]

Edited by Total Camwhore, 06 March 2008 - 02:50 PM.

#7 trinity_89

trinity_89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

1. hairstyle: if you have short hair, it will make your face seem even rounder, so start growin your hair. Fringe is important, side fringe like the girl above mentioned. Hair hanging down the sides of your face makes your seem longer as well =]

2. Earrings, long dangly earrings are great...as opposed to studs or sleepers.

3. Eyes, make your eyes huge and not only will it direct the attention away from the surface area of your face...it will basically look like it consumes a lot of the space so ur face would seem smaller along with the other features..haha..
i think ur probz experienced with makeup for the eyes...: eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara etc...go totally asian =]

thats the most inexpensive and traditional fixes...btw girls with a little bit of chubbi cheeks are always adorable =]
dont worry too much, as u grow older, ur face shape slims down and defines

edit::!!!!
did i mention HAIR colour is very important?? if you're asian and u have pale or green/yellow complexion its BEST to stick to BLACk as black will define your features and hence seem thinner.....try to avoid ORANGE or BLONDE ..lol..it camaflouges with ur complexion and hence uh...makes it seem wider than it actually is...streaks are fine =]

thx for the advice...i'll try it out!!! thx a lot^^

#8 superb

superb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

I think using makeup will make the face small.
Or doing facial, might help as well.

#9 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

if u wanna be prettier there is always plastic surgery :whistle jk
For a smaller face, i suggest u let ur hair grow out long and add some bangs. I have chubby checks and thats how my hair is.. well i cut my hair but still its not super short and i do have bangs.
Then u should get a paler face so then when u put on make up it would bring out all aspects of ur face. Besides light color makeup looks nicer and even nicer on people with not too dark skin.

#10 PiggyMai

PiggyMai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:49 AM

how about a fringe? it may also depend on the face shape you have, bronzer also helps as well.

#11 trinity_89

trinity_89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:11 AM

if u wanna be prettier there is always plastic surgery :whistle jk
For a smaller face, i suggest u let ur hair grow out long and add some bangs. I have chubby checks and thats how my hair is.. well i cut my hair but still its not super short and i do have bangs.
Then u should get a paler face so then when u put on make up it would bring out all aspects of ur face. Besides light color makeup looks nicer and even nicer on people with not too dark skin.

thx for the advice....but bang means wat?

#12 stacy

stacy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:16 AM

like some others have mentioned contoure using makeup!
~right under where your cheekbones are use darker makeup...say bronzer or real contouring makeup...makes face look instantly smaller!

~also a technique I heard on a chinese channel discussing beauty tricks...use fingers to push the area under your ear and a inch over onto jawline with a inward force...constantly doing this for long period of time is suppose to cause your face to get smaller...
~ive never tried...but it was a doctor who said this so....

~ also have a haircut with long bangs that cover sides of your face...i have that normally but one time my bangs were cut short...n my friend commented that my face looked bigger

~hope these tips help

#13 pidee

pidee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

~also a technique I heard on a chinese channel discussing beauty tricks...use fingers to push the area under your ear and a inch over onto jawline with a inward force...constantly doing this for long period of time is suppose to cause your face to get smaller...
~ive never tried...but it was a doctor who said this so....

I've heard about this somewhere..apparently it's something to do with "lin ba"..whatever that means cos i dont know the real meaning of it too. By pressing under the bone under your ear, helps to increase some kind of flow, and hence reducing fluid retention on your face. I guess it doesnt make u lose weight on your face, but it reduces fluid build up then consequently makes yr face looks smaller......if that makes sense..

#14 stars13

stars13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

I don't really think that is true. I think it actually makes your face more feminine and thinner. I've got a round face and I was scared about getting a fringe because it might make my face look fat but then I had really oily hair and it was mainly at the front so I got a long fringe. It made my jaw structure stand out and also I have long hair so the front of my hair kind of covered my face making it smaller. I don't really want to show a picture of me but em......... I know Tavia does not have a round face but she looks prettier with a fringe and long hair

Posted Image
I don't know how to explain it but the side of tavia hair can cover her face making it look thinner. So hair can play a part in making your face look smaller and thinnier

#15 BBPeachi

BBPeachi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

As most people have already suggested... the new easiest ones would be makeup and haircut.

Using a bronzer to contour the side of the face will make it look a lot slimmer. Also, a nice haircut to frame your face will also make a difference.

#16 ♥..couture.candy

♥..couture.candy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

I don't really think that is true. I think it actually makes your face more feminine and thinner. I've got a round face and I was scared about getting a fringe because it might make my face look fat but then I had really oily hair and it was mainly at the front so I got a long fringe. It made my jaw structure stand out and also I have long hair so the front of my hair kind of covered my face making it smaller. I don't really want to show a picture of me but em......... I know Tavia does not have a round face but she looks prettier with a fringe and long hair

http://yeungyi.com/g...17/0817_002.jpg
I don't know how to explain it but the side of tavia hair can cover her face making it look thinner. So hair can play a part in making your face look smaller and thinnier

err that girls face isn't even big in that pic...of course straight fringe makes ur head rounder and fatter cause ur covering the top half of ur face...inside of having an oval shape its turning into a oval shaped face sideways? lol i suck at explaining

of course straight fringe looks nice on some ppl, but not on ppl with big round faces

Heres a girl with big face and straight fringe..like eew?

Posted Image

well anyway i found a random girl who has a big face with a sidefringe ...imagining her with a straight fringe is...painful

Posted Image

Heres another girl with a big face (but prettier) she has a fringe which almost looks liek a straight fringe but its swiped to one side...it looks good

Posted Image

Edited by ♥ lavender rain, 17 April 2008 - 05:51 AM.
REMOVE [IMG] tags when quoting! thank you

#17 janetyu42

janetyu42

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

i think if you have a big face and you want to cover it up, you can get a new haircut, proabably get some bangs, makeup (bronzer)

#18 stars13

stars13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:36 PM

err that girls face isn't even big in that pic...of course straight fringe makes ur head rounder and fatter cause ur covering the top half of ur face...inside of having an oval shape its turning into a oval shaped face sideways? lol i suck at explaining

of course straight fringe looks nice on some ppl, but not on ppl with big round faces

Heres a girl with big face and straight fringe..like eew?

http://home.rasysa.c...ge/16463_11.jpg

well anyway i found a random girl who has a big face with a sidefringe ...imagining her with a straight fringe is...painful

http://home.rasysa.c...ge/17326_11.jpg

Heres another girl with a big face (but prettier) she has a fringe which almost looks liek a straight fringe but its swiped to one side...it looks good

http://home.rasysa.c...ge/23350_11.jpg

I've got a round face but I've got a fringe. I don't normally put picture of my self but.......

Here is a picture of my round square face with a side fringe
Posted Image

My fringe
Posted Image

Or perhaps curly hair?
Posted Image

These are real photo. Not taken in a particular angle or photoshoped

Edited by AutumnTears, 19 March 2008 - 07:49 PM.

#19 s2Wennie

s2Wennie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

As some people have already said, a GOOD hair cut! =]
Good hair changes the appearance by a lot. Getting layers and make your hair have more volume because if it's flat it'll just make your face bigger. A layered fringe is good.

If you don't get your eyebrows done, you can try investing in an eyebrow wax. Good eyebrows is pretty important.

EDIT: you have a cute face.. I don't think you're ugly at all.

Edited by s2Wennie, 15 March 2008 - 03:06 PM.

#20 Iveette

Iveette

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:45 AM

stars,

wow...u look different with the straight fringe /bang ..cuter indeed...but i personally think it;s coz ur face has slimmed down a lil if compared to the first photo...u have nicer face shape...i notice that ur chin area is sharper...that's y bangs will be nicer on u....i will agree that ppl with round, big face should not have bangs...side parts can elongate your face shape...

#21 FSUTan

FSUTan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

ok just FYI...you can NOT change the shape of your face..unless you have surgery. why? because it's about bone structure. even if you weigh 80lbs, you still can have a big face...also, some people retain more fat in their face than other places. so you can't "diet" it off either. there are no face exercises to make your face smaller. true, if you are overweight, your face is going to be bigger and rounder compared to if you are of average weight, but i assume what you're asking is for a normal person, who face is either round or square shaped.

anyhow, if you have a....

...big forehead, then you can cover it with bangs
...big cheekbones, then contour it with makeup
...big jaw lines, have short hair that comes up to the jaw so it frames your face
...big head, get a perm, because it offsets the size of your head

and if you just want to slim your face taking pictures...

...don't take full front shots
...don't take pictures while laying down on your back
...don't put direct light aiming your face

...do take side profile shots
...do pout your lips more
...do level your camera so that it's parallel to your face or above

I hope that helps you =) and if it doesn't I can use myself as examples and show you pictures!

#22 trinity_89

trinity_89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

ok just FYI...you can NOT change the shape of your face..unless you have surgery. why? because it's about bone structure. even if you weigh 80lbs, you still can have a big face...also, some people retain more fat in their face than other places. so you can't "diet" it off either. there are no face exercises to make your face smaller. true, if you are overweight, your face is going to be bigger and rounder compared to if you are of average weight, but i assume what you're asking is for a normal person, who face is either round or square shaped.

anyhow, if you have a....

...big forehead, then you can cover it with bangs
...big cheekbones, then contour it with makeup
...big jaw lines, have short hair that comes up to the jaw so it frames your face
...big head, get a perm, because it offsets the size of your head

and if you just want to slim your face taking pictures...

...don't take full front shots
...don't take pictures while laying down on your back
...don't put direct light aiming your face

...do take side profile shots
...do pout your lips more
...do level your camera so that it's parallel to your face or above

I hope that helps you =) and if it doesn't I can use myself as examples and show you pictures!

Yes! Show me ur picture pls.....tat's can make me more understand....like how to take photo to look face more smaller... clapclap

#23 bonitoStrip

bonitoStrip

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

yes like evryone said the right haircut is very important go to soompi and they tell you which haircut is best for each face shape and they also have pictures of haircuts you can try

#24 cute princess

cute princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

:yeah

:hug Big Eyes Make Everything Look Smaller

:hug Full Lips Detract from Full Cheeks

:hug Avoid center parting your hair, and focus on volume. Big hair makes for a smaller face.

To make your cheeks ( and your whole face) appear thinner, put some powdered bronzer (not too dark, maybe two shades darker than your natural skin tone) on a large blush brush and apply it to the hollow area under your cheek bones, the part the goes in when you suck your cheeks in, Then put a shimmery light pink blush just above your cheek bone in a thin line. This will catch the light and bring out your cheek bones. Also, play up your eyes (use eye liner always and mascara! define the eyes) or lips(apply light colors) more, and don't wear bangs, they will make your face look rounder.

In applying make up, avoid making it look like 'over'. Guys don't like that. :wacko:
Always have your fringe! Invest on elegant accessories like a butterfly pin with diamonds to hold your hair on the back and slender earrings to complete the slimming effect.

I suggest you have your hair done with this one. I made it for you :yeah hehe sorry i'm not really good in paint :down

-live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-

Edited by cute princess, 20 May 2008 - 11:08 PM.

#25 PisangQueenღMYC

PisangQueenღMYC

Micky's Meanie Tala

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2207 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

You can make your face look smaller by covering your face with hair. It's good to not tuck your hair behind the ears so as not to emphasize the shape and size of your face. Take Jen Aniston for example.

Posted Image

She covers her face because her cheeks are BIG.

Edited by Pisang Queen T.Jolie, 22 May 2008 - 10:19 AM.

#26 Artificial Sweetener

Artificial Sweetener

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

I quote from a website

"Round Face Shapes
Your goal is to create less volume around the face. You also want to minimize the appearance of roundness.

Styles that are flattering and stylish: Try cuts that fall just below the chin. Soft, graduated layers are a great bet because they make your face appear slimmer and tend to remove bulk and weight from the sides. Consider wispy and tapered ends. These de-emphasize the roundness of your face. Bangs are flattering, but keep them long or sideswept.

Avoid: One-length, blunt cuts if you have short hair. Curly, short hair is also a no-no. These only emphasize your roundness."

Styles that fall just below the chin help elongate the face. Be careful with short haircuts your head can appear rounder with a bob, especially if you were also blessed with a short neck.

Posted Image

That works.

#27 stupidangelx

stupidangelx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

an exercise that I know of is to blow air into your mouth but keep your mouth shut. Try to blow as much air until your cheeks hurt. Keep doing this exercise when you are watching tv or on the train. I heard from some people that it helps.

#28 Subtle Red

Subtle Red

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:49 PM

Sorry if I'm not to helpful. The only logical solution I can think of is to wear a hairstyle that frames the face to make it appear smaller.

Edited by Locks, 01 June 2008 - 03:01 PM.

#29 bLuEtEarS

bLuEtEarS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

what is a side fringe? cuz i want a smaller looking face..

#30 watermelon

watermelon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

well jus dont cut your hair short and leave them long and you will see the difference

#31 Libra Zebra

Libra Zebra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

Don't have short hair, longer hair makes your face appear slimmer. Also you can get side fringe (bangs) also. That should help. :)

what is a side fringe? cuz i want a smaller looking face..

Side fringe = side bangs. It's like this:

http://img2.timeinc....sen_400X400.jpg

#32 nubtard

nubtard

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:12 PM

look into those wacky mirrors.

#33 juicyjuicyox

juicyjuicyox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

okay, here is a really great tip. use your contouring powder with a medium ish brush and start at the edge of your eye and do a 3 shape around the cheekbone and under and in the jaw.

#34 xDddaniel

xDddaniel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

haha ... hmm though one, try a haircut which is even to ur face so it looks even and maybe try work out alittle ? and DEFINETLY NO MAKE UP (if ur a girl) no make up cause its just going to make you look worst so try something like make it similar to ur face so it can look even.

#35 s2Wennie

s2Wennie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

People have all mentioned hair, make-up etc..

Contour and highlight!! Invest into this little thing it does good things I promise =]
To prove that this will help your face look similar try this:

Take a picture of your face and open up photoshop.
Use the burn and dodge tool (usually I use brush size 65)
Dodge your cheek bones and then burn your hollows (your hollows are the hollow parts of your cheeks when you make a fish face)

you'll see how much slimmer your face looks. Highlight on the cheek bones is an option, to make your cheek bones more pronounced and appear higher.

#36 animalcrackerz

animalcrackerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

Apparantly curly hair makes people's faces look fatter...but i disagree, ithink curly hair makes my face look small
but if you don't eat much before you go to bed.. ithink it really helps! i don't know why, buteach time after i've eaten loads i think my face looks really fat, so if i don't eat a few hours before i go to bed, my face looks small again in the morning..odd

#37 justsomarveloous

justsomarveloous

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

if you have body fat then you're better off sticking with an exercise and nutritional program cus nothing else will work permanently..if you have a big facial structure you are born with then there's not much you can do

#38 cpxpimpintrainin

cpxpimpintrainin

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

to make your face look smaller you would have to get a good hair cut or have your stylist recommend something and tell her you want a hairstyle that makes your face look smaller. hairstyles really does affect the way your face shape looks. also with makeup. you should accent your nice features like maybe your eyes and lips so it keeps away the attention from size of face.

#39 PatriciaHawj

PatriciaHawj

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

hairstyle and makeup =]