When girls stare at you...

95 replies to this topic

#1 tieria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:58 AM

What does it mean? I've always have times where girls stare at me and just when I find out (eye contact with them), they would look the other way. Does this mean they are expecting me to go over and talk to them? Or they have a crush on me?

Edited by Lockon, 30 October 2008 - 11:50 PM.

#2 Chronin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:49 AM

I am not a girl but I want to throw in a quick two cent or two....

You are over analyzing. If she seems interesting, just approach her.

If you are looking for "indicators of interest" - as in if she is really "checking" you out, there are better methods. Some shy girls that find a guy attractive try to conceal the fact they are oogling over him (slight intimidation factor). Some might be more direct and keep eye contact with a SMILE. A good IOI is if she consistently within your proximity BY CHOICE. Like choosing to sit or stand close by, or doing something near your area to get your attention.

So yea, if you are looking for strong indicators of interest, eye contact is only useful if you are IN conversations. Even so, in a conversations, if she is nervous she might look downwards. If she can maintain a strong eye contact, than you might have something there.

#3 iloveme_x3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:17 AM

hahhaa =]]
i dont stare but i tend to have quick glances at the person.
if he's cute that is or he has something on him that is quite disturbing e.g. bread crumbs on his face (?) that i just cant ignore LOL

anyway, how do you know they ARE staring at YOU haha
they could be looking past you and you just happen to be in the way most of times ? ahh w/e

okayokay say they ARE staring at YOU.
why not take the initiative and talk to them then ?
MAKE NEW FRIENDS ? =]]
no need to ponder over it so much ;)

#4 aznelite03

AF Baller

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

I'm a guy and I want to give you my opinion on this

When girls stare at you, there are two possible reasons. One reason is that they find you attractive. Second, they look at you because of what you wear or how you look. In other words girls stare at you because you look good or you look funny or weird.

#5 BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

Girls stare for many reasons.

1) Looks
2) Way of dressing
3) Behavior

Then again, I know people are always staring at me. I don't need to look to know. Most of them are pretty b*tchy as according to my experience. Don't expect a group of gossipy girls to be friendly as you expected.

#6 bangbangyouredead_x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

Um...well sometimes I'd be staring at a guy and not noticing until a few minutes later...they think I'm weird lol but I'm really just thinking and staring out into space (or what I thought was space). Sometimes it's because I like the guy, sometimes if the guys is cute, or even ugly...it doesn't really mean much most of the time.

#7 xiong baby

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

for me a crush or he looks like someone i know but most of time i have staring problem lol

#8 kori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

woah cool post i wanna know too! at times you don't know if the opposite sex is looking at you if ur ugly or they wanna befriend =[ siiiigh girls are so hard figure out :P

~PX~, on Mar 9 2008 8 51 PM, said:

for me a crush or he looks like someone i know but most of time i have staring problem lol

btw... with ur avatar... where do i buy a SOFT perfect girl :P ( according to you :P)

#9 m1m10

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:13 AM

Yeah...
A girl whos staring at you

1) she think your attractive or how you dressed up...

2) sometime girls waiting for you to talk to them and then make friends but if a girl keep staring at you straight way longer than 10 second or more...she might be brave enough to speak to you

3) she might have crush on you

#10 Munyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

Mmm. its happened... like me[as a girl] look at guys - its normal, but like sometimes its accidental eye contact...

eyes shift if they think its too akward... or maybe the girls just wants to know you better... [if its constant staring]

what about you? if a guy is caught staring... wat does it mean?

=]

#11 tieria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

Heh..for a guy it's pretty straightforward. We stare (or shall we say check out?) at girls if:

1) she's hot
2) she's hot
3) she's hot
4) great body

clapclap

#12 DaXaO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

if i happens many times ... there is sonething there ... Aproach to her, but not just after she looked at u ... give her a few seconds, then aproach ... if she seems shy, if not aproach inmediately ...

g0od luck !

#13 j033y

♪Lee Hom's Wifey♪

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

The same girl would stare at you from time to time? If it is then you're in luck. They want to know more about you or they think you're cute. Go and greet them.

#14 *HellBoi*

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

Just hit (make your move) the damn girl if she is HOT and attracting !!! Don't waste your time otherwise you might run out of LUCk friend **
Everyone will have shyness in them at some stage especially on the opposite sex .LOL**

#15 azndgn26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:48 PM

Why are most of the responses so positive? It's not always going to be positive. Girls stare like guys stare. There's always two sides to a coin.

1) She finds you attractive (whether looks, behavior, or dress)
2) She finds you disturbing (whether looks, behavior, dress, etc)
3) It may not even be one of the two options. She may just be getting a closer look at you for other possible reasons, a mutual stare (you have something on you, your clothes says something, she's trying to figure out who you are, examining you out of curiosity, etc)

I stare for all of the reasons listed, or even just a quick glance.

#16 charlene_choi2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

she is in a way interested in you...maybe of your beauty or she finds you special...if you go talk to her...she will be extremely happy and shy

#17 preciosobaby

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

they are probably jealous of you....````
dun worry jz ignore it~~~~ i get it too...i got really self-conscious at the beginning,, but all you need is confidence....ignore it and hold ur head up high =]

#18 Jeepan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

please, girls check me out all the time. it's because i'm a stud. just live it up my friend, why are you worrying?

#19 xcutie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

it's certainly a sign that they're interested in you. if a girl thinks you're cute, she'll want to stare at you a couple more times. but if you catch her looking, she'll get embarassed and look away. if you're interested in a girl that does that, then go up to her and say hi. i'm sure she won't mind. ;)

#20 MRDragon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

staring means either you're ugly or too cute so they keep staring. theres only 2 choices, no more.

#21 HelloKittyx3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:15 AM

I just stare, then if they look away when they look back cause I don't want them to think I'm some creep thats interested in them >.>

#22 Dyluck

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

I think the OP is over thinking too much, just because a girl stare at you doesn't mean she have a crush on you or try to talk to you at all. People make eye contact because that is human natural...who doesn't make eye contact with some random people before....?

#23 Celest

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:17 PM

All I can say is that, it's human nature to stare. No big deal unless they are staring at you in some sort of seductive or weird way. There are many reasons for it though. I suppose you know that too. They could be attracted by you, or just staring you out of curiosity. Nothing much. AND.. of course they will look away immediately once you stare back at them, I mean, as a girl myself; I tend to get shy whenever the person realises I am actually staring at them. Even girls too.

Edited by Celest, 06 September 2008 - 05:18 PM.

#24 DaXaO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

it could be that they want u to talk to them ... or just looking at u, cuz they find u cute/handsome/g0od looking/ etc ... or just for no reason ...

In my case, i dont like eyes contact with not g0od looking girls, but i know its bad, so im trying to change it and look at every1 no matter if they r g0od looking or no ...

I give the girl a deep eye contact ...

#25 ★JPOO'

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

actually as a girl i should say, girls just kinda of stare at guys for no reason ... :S
well i do anyways lol ...
it really doesn't mean anything .. well actually i don't stare .. i kinda just look because i think that he's handsome ...
& sometimes they don't mean to stare at you, they just accidently look at you... & sometimes you think that someone's looking at you but they aren't really .. get it? :S
sounds kinda confusing LOL

#26 Guest_hdn_*

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

conclusion.. approach the girls n find out..

#27 Guest_Guestbois_*

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

mmm, for me i would stare to wonder is it a young man, older man, middle-ager, over-the-hill, or senior; so, to behave as a young woman, female, or woman. i try not to make it obvious. a friend said 'if you stare too much, and the person doesn't like it--they won't take a second look at you, implying second is loser; which means don't make it too obvious. if we meet eye to eye by chance; i pretend to look away as slowly and naturally as to make it obvious that im use to staring. because, i feel embarrassed to look away right away.

#28 zinolith

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

Just grow up and talk 2 the opposite sex. if some one stares at u it means they are intrested. no one looks at some one for no reason. there is always ways 2 tell if they like or dislike u. if they dislike u, a good sign to look for will be they r laughing at u or giving u the death stare once u get eye contact. if they like u they will look a bit more reserved or shy maybe even a cheeky smile.
D.v.P.......

(I'm using a friens acct to write diss.)

#29 Jae Min

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:20 AM

Now, funny thing is I have done this to a guy before. So, I have personal experience. I can say, girls stare at guys because, they are interested in you or have a crush on you. Like everyone here says.

I stared because I had a crush on someone.

#30 lalalander

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

I think that they like you. I've done that before, so I think you should take action. Girls don't want to be the first to take action (most of the time).

#31 Dragoon27

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:23 AM

check out this post: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?s...390135&st=0, it's got a similar question. =)

#32 neffyiffy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

GenbyaSeizaku, on Mar 8 2008 2 18 AM, said:

Girls stare for many reasons.

Then again, I know people are always staring at me. I don't need to look to know. Most of them are pretty b*tchy as according to my experience. Don't expect a group of gossipy girls to be friendly as you expected.

I agree with you Genbya! Very well spoken indeed <3 Because i have known what it feels like to be stuck in the middle as the "victim" of a clique of annoying gossipy girls that think they are on topatheworld. -.-

And as for your question about why they might stare... It depends on the kind of vibe they give you. is it a glance by mistake cause sometimes I find myself getting eye contact with alot of people because i have a bad habit of just observing my environment and looking at everybody without thinking lol. it could be that, OR, if you know that they are staring at your face specifically for an extended period of time, AND if you know deep down inside that you are actually a pretty attractive guy, then yes, they could very possibly be staring at you cause they think your cute. i cant determine whether or not you are or are not attractive, but usually people have a sense of whether or not they are considered decent or attractive...so rely on your instincts and go with what your gut tells you is more realistic =)

P.S. and if you do think its cause there is some sort of mutual attraction there...when you look back at her you can hold the glance there for a short amount of time. not TOO long though cause then that will just backfire and make you look like a creeper lol. look back and keep eye contact with her just enough until she looks away or something...it definitely gives a man a more assertive and sexy edge. itll make a girl go crazy, at least it would make me crazy! =)

good day!

Edited by neffyiffy, 30 October 2008 - 08:59 PM.

#33 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

I tend to stare when the guy has really nice hair <3!

#34 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:57 AM

I never stare at a guy I find hot lol for some reason I only stare at guys that I am notattracted to ...

#35 moomji

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

I usually stare at a guy to check him out coz he's hot...hehehe
Well it depends on how they stare at you I guess, if they look shy or flirty, go over and talk to them. If they look blank they probably they are just daydreaming without noticing they are staring at you.

#36 Nominated

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

I think it's a good thing, no matter what ... unless you are looking like a total idiot on days that girls are constantly staring at you. You either must be looking extremely different, have something extremely interesting on you, or they have an interest in you. Why else would anybody stare at anything?

#37 electricity

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

I can stare at a guy cuz I think he's hot, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd want to date him. I could want to date a guy but not stare at him cuz I don't think he's all that hot.

I also have a habit of just looking straight at whomever is talking, since I've always been taught that's more polite.

#38 ha__yourfaceee.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:03 AM

I'd usually do a quick glance at guys who dress nicely or has nice hair. LOL.
So in other words, if he's hot. (:
But, I don't stare at them any longer than like a second.
It might turn awkward. o.o

#39 one-two-three!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

i stare because......

1. he's good looking
2. he's doing something that catches my attention
3. he's funny looking

haha.

Edited by `euphonious melodies`, 01 November 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#40 smile =)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:38 AM

i think it same as guy stare at girl...maybe the guy interest with the girl, maybe she beautiful, maybe she sexy, maybe he comparing the girl with another girl, etc.
some girl are also like to look at handsome/cute/sexy guy or she comparing the guy with another guy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users