Netizens Attack SNSD Tiffany, Again.

37 replies to this topic

#1 Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,099 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Not long ago Soompi suspended their SNSD forum dude to bashing on one of the members. Tiffany. Tiffany was previously accused of constantly stealing the spotlight from the other girls. In a rude explanation: "Attention Wh*re"

The Forum is back open but this time another attack had surfaces online netizens in both Soompi and Korea.

During a recent episode of KBS Champagne, actor Kim Ji Suk was the guest for the night. Kim Ji Suk graduated college from England and had obtained a degree in teaching, therefore decided to sing "Too Good to be True" for the the other female MC.

Nikki: Sorry if that is the wrong title, and i dont know the other MC's name sorry.

Tiffany then spoke up and "corrected" him. According to her, he had too much slang so she took over and re-sang the song personally to show him the "correct" way to sing it.

After the show, netizens, including SNSD fans, were not happy. They now accuse her of being a snob and rude towards Kim Ji Suk who did not ask for her help.

Nikki: She does act like a snob in here. sorry SNSD fan but i am with the netizens. I am a fan of Kim Ji Suk.

Credit:
aichimin009@YT.com
Nikki@AF.net

Edited by hippokathy88, 23 May 2008 - 12:14 PM.
removed dead YT link

#2 borami2206

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

errr... somehow the bashing netizens have a reason!

i mean it's not like noone could understand what he was singing. he just forgot some of the lyrics!
and what's up with the "your accent is wrong"??
he had almost no accent while singing!
omg... that's actually kind of rude of her! i totally understand why ppl get angry towards her...
it looks more or less like her stating "my english is the right english and better.."

but the story of the older guy was funny as h*ll! XD
"yours and our language are so much alike!!!" lol...

#3 nadine

love ya!!!!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,823 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

and to think that ji suk actually have a degree in english and studied in england
his english is okay for me
and her english...

for once i kinda agreed with netizens
i mean there's nothing wrong with correcting
but acting as if she is all mighty is so not rite....

#4 strawberry_hit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

ah Tiffany shouldn't..though SM trained would have trained in what you should sya and what you should not..i mean Boa and DBSk and very polite....she's already got dislike because of the CF...hope it will cool down soon....

#5 ohmygodsun

♥ 김준수

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Uhh, i think it was wrong on her part to outright correct him /:
kind of rude.
if i was a fan of kim ji suk i would get pissed at her for doing that.
hmm, one could say she was ignorant, or plainly rude.

#6 SH4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

arent people bored of bashing SNSD everdyday? they're like netizen favourite target.

I can understand why ppl are offended, if I was a fan of JiSuk, I probably will too but being a SoShi's fan and watching so many of their videos, I'm not suprised she did that. Tiffany speaks before she thinks (even TaeYeon said it) but unfortunalety a lot of time, it comes out as rude.

I just hope all those recent scandal wont affect the girls too much and they wont change the way they are because of this. They're all so dorky and funny so I hope they wont like hold back everytime the camera is on cause of the netizen.

#7 eviltofu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

Fact is that guy can't sing and his english isn't good still it might had been more polite to not correct him, it seem a bit rude but not a big deal. She might mean well, since some people have those tendencies.

#8 nadine

love ya!!!!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,823 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

just because she speaks before she thinks
doesnt make her action rite

now she should have learnt her lesson already
but after so many bashing she is still like that...

maybe she is trying to be helpful
maybe she is trying to funny
but she failed this time to be either
that's all

Edited by nadine, 22 May 2008 - 03:03 PM.

#9 ntxoo89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

buahahahahh
dumb netizens
and that goes to those dumb soompiers too lmao

#10 Lucky_Doraemon

Back to reality...T_T

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

i didn't know Tiffany knows English.....although i do know Kim Ji suk did attend school in England, i duno how good either quality is. But it's still rude since she's younger than him and he has debuted before her making him a senior, just because she's more famous doesn't mean she can leave her manners at home.

#11 *Eunhyuk_SJ*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

awww~~ she should have thought before she said anything T^T
nothing would happen if she thought carefully before she would said anything!
anyway SM should trained what to say or what not to say too!
She did too much >o< ahhh~~

#12 zita3000

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

i think tiffany was just trying to help,
but her help was not needed in the first place...>__<
can't blame ppl for bashing her...

#13 animefreekchan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

i think she didn't want him to embarrass himself
so she helped him
but i did come out kinda rude
so idk
i don't blame people bashin her

#14 SH4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (nadine @ May 22 2008 3 37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just because she speaks before she thinks
doesnt make her action rite

I didnt say it was right, I said I'm not surprised it came from her.
I didnt defended her either, the bashing in general is just annoying, that's all.
(not only toward SNSD)

Anyway it's just another bashing to add to the list, it will died down after some times.
She might be used to it by now.

#15 PhuongNguyen

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

Oh my god, just the other day, some guy was telling his friends that The olympic won't be in China this year and that they are going to move it to Africa... and I told he was wrong. Oh no! I hope that wasn't rude! Oh my god; what if people start bashing me!!!

Pft; people need to get a life. -___-

Edited by hippokathy88, 06 July 2008 - 11:40 AM.
censored

#16 SwTaZnLayDee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

wow. at least when boa corrected brian's korean. she did it politely.

tiffany took it too far by taking over. she should've just politely corrected his english. gosh >_<

#17 shawty_says

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:57 AM

It was fine to correct his English, but I thought it was unnecessary to sing it the right way. Even though it doesn't seem like a big deal, Koreans really stress the importance of being polite to their sunbaes.

#18 pomi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

^ Ditto.
Seriously, I haven't seen the clip yet (YT deleted it) but judging from the description, she sounded kinda snobby.

#19 midotluvxiahjunsu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:32 AM

awww...
tiffany tiffany,,
after another n another..

kinda rude to corrected their senior's..
eventhOu she knows eng but shouldnt she think 1st maybe he's embarassed..
aigO..

#20 BαпαпαBгеαd :D

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:15 AM

ahh ~ i feel sorry for tiff , she was only trying to help.. in her own way

#21 simple_girl13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

if you cant correct someone articulately so you dont look like a snob dont..she shouldnt have sang it to correct him

#22 megane

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:13 PM

...she should've just zipped her lips...the guy studied in England and learned to speak English as the British folks do with Korean accent and while she may think she's speaking English the right way, there's no such thing as speaking correct English except when you're a purist. Grammar, diction, pronunciation, the right enunciation, etc doesn't matter when it comes to plain vernacular English as there's British English, American English,Colonial English, Pidgin English, and English spoken as a second language by those who still speak their mother language as is in this case.

...poor Tiffany, she still has a lot to learn, a little tact and a little humility doesn't hurt.

...Even the American English which I think she thinks she can speak well is spoken differently if she goes around the USofA and you can't just correct people especially Texans on their dialects, I doubt if she knows the difference between the twangs and the drawls in Texan English but that's another story.

#23 ntxoo89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

getting dumb these days
oh well correct each other
that's what ppl learn
lmao

#24 Piney Fine

Mrs. Fine Pine

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

Tiffany was wrong to do that. Considering how the guy has a degree from a English university, I think he knows how to speak English. Just because his English doesn't so like hers, doesn't mean she should have corrected him. Besides Tiffany's English isn't so good either. It has a little Korean accent whenever she speaks English even though she's from America. This is coming from someone from the States who lives in the South, but you can't detect a Southern or Korean accent at all whenever I speak. But who am I to judge? Psh Tiffany should learn to keep her mouth shut and treat people with respect.

#25 i am DALKI

"this is CONSPIRACY!!"

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

geez..that was kind of rude of her and to think that the guy has a degree from an English University.

i agree with the netizens

#26 tiffany_vo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

it's so rude of her, i heard that she was born in america, but it doesnt mean her english is the best if comparing it with the native speakers there. Not to mention, i wonder whether she graduated year 12 yet, and whether she had good marks at highschool. Please gimme a break, everyone around this globe is learning and speaking english, of course people from different places will have different accents. So what? what is wrong with it? It definitely doesnt seem rite when she acts like a patronizing person like "Okay, im good, im from america, my english is better, i can correct your crappy english...?" , nevertheless, he is her senior.....well netizen's attack maybe a good lesson for her, so from now on she knows how to behave herself towards her seniors and those who have their english speaking accent

#27 samtly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

SM should let this girl go thru a respect and self moral class before letting them stand on the stage. how are these girl to supose to be celebraties with million of fan idolising them stand on stage. when they have no idea of simple respect. i have to said what their fan are learnig from them.

#28 Hitomi25

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

I don't know her but I am a fan of Kim Ji Suk and I am slightly offended that she corrected him. I love KJS especially in I hate you but it's fine with Han Ji Hye.

#29 Emilee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

O_O
wow I'm reading some of the bashings and ouch

I think because Tiffany knows english she took a bit of offended by his singing
Even if he did graduate from a English university.

I have to disagree with the netizens.
I just think that Tiffany is a bit blunter than the other stars

#30 megane

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:27 AM

...the singing was okey, they were just singing for fun...the thing was,Tiffany aside from correcting the grammar, sang the lyrics wrong!...her ignorance of the song's lyrics just proved she has nothing betwen her ears...the video's in youtube or you can go to shenyuepop's to see Tiffany's BLUNDER and then see if you yourself can disagree with the netizens for bashing her...for once they're right and she's not blunt, she's an IDIOT and that's putting it lightly!

#31 shippou8765

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:24 AM

wow... she do realize that her actions are gonna get more people hating her...
there`s nothing wrong with her correcting his english... but quite rude of her to sing it the
correct way. Plus his english can`t be bad if he got a degree in an ENGLISH UNIVERSITY .
This time, tiffany`s going overboard. I`m on the netizens side right now....

#32 laura huynh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

i'm fan of snsd .. but i have to said why tiffany always made bad image about snsd ?
i hate her so much .. she should not train in sm ..
i felt shame for snsd ... i hope some how she stop it ..
god she just anoy me so much

#33 Hoshiakari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

LOL, she's not "trying to help in her own way", if she really wanted to help him out with his English, she could've said something backstage (and even then it would've been kind of rude. Would you go up to your teacher or your senior and tell them their English kind of sucks?), or at the very most, commented politely. She was obviously showing off; singing it back to him was way over the limit.

I've seen the clip, and yes, Ji Suk's spoken English is... not that good. But that's not the point, if she had any kind of manners, she wouldn't have spoken up in that time or place. All the die-hard fans protecting her and saying she's young and needs to learn the "Korean ways" has gotta smarten up, at the age of 20, whether you're westernized or not, COMMON SENSE dictates you don't do something that stupid. I feel so sorry for Ji Suk, it must've been painfully embarrassing to be shown up like that on air (and by a girl who can't even sing the song right).

That article made it sound better than what actually happened, anyway. She criticized his accent, which was just mean. Someone needs to tell her that she's got an Asian accent too, and being able to speak English isn't such a big deal when you grew up in America. It'd be laughable if she couldn't.

Edited by Hoshiakari, 26 May 2008 - 05:09 PM.

#34 firefaery

♡ ♥ JaeJoong Lover ♥ ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

augh~ that's mean..

im not an SNSD fan and i dont hate em neither. but i was a bit hot-eyed with SNSD girls since the haptic CF with DBSK. The CF created lots of anti-SNSD among the DBSK fans. I found the CF cute and dint turn out to be an SNSD anti.. I think the new antis are looking much for the girls' mistakes and make em big deal for them to fall hard. But then, what she did is still mean..like she's acting as if she's perfect.. <_< on the other side, it might be just a joke that the viewers dint just get. ;) oh well, this isnt actually my concern... lol :lmao

#35 LOL#1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

not only did she correct him, she HERSELF sang the lyrics wrong? woah. she just made a fool out of herself instead of 'helping' <_< even if she wanted to correct him, find the best way to do it. not straight up.

but why is everyone criticizing her for haptic though? b/c she had the most screentime with dbsk? maybe it's just the script?

#36 karylee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

i watched this clip on someone's blog.
when she resang the song she got the lurics wrong.
she sang "and it feels quite alright"
when it should be "and if its quite alright"

IF you are going to correct someone... at least know what it should be before u open your mouth!
RUDE!!!

#37 beep2x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

i'm totally agree with the netizens.. it's disrespectful.. Kim Ji Suk was just trying to get some fun until she thought they have to do it right.. she was just trying to make herself looks smart and cool.. but now we all know that she's definitely not..

it's true that this is just another bash.. but if all these bash still dun make her try to think before she speaks (or even better : just keep her mouth shut!) then maybe she should go back to junior school before trying to be an idol..

she's a disgrace for SM artists..

#38 madisonc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

well that is wat b*tchanny does best right??
she think she is all tat, when she know some english? PLEASE..GO HOME!!
my god.. its not like, only you know english in the k-pop world!! stop showing off!!

SNSD ANTI CLUB!! COME JOIN!! =]

http://shenyuepop.forumotion.com/index.htm

Edited by madisonc, 24 June 2008 - 06:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users