AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Can we still lose weight if we exercise later in the evening?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 bebegal

bebegal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hi, i would liked to know if the time of day is important when it comes to workingout and getting in shape. can we still lose weight if we exercise in the evening instead of early during the day?. I was told that if you want to lose the weight then it's best to do it early in the morning. But with hectic shedule and everything it's really hard. so can we still lose weight if we do it later in the evening which is 7pm or later??. Thanks.

#2 scypEr

scypEr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

well i don't see why not, if it wasn't possible to lose weight in the evening, then people wouldn't go to the gym at night.

i think it's ideal to exercise like an hour of two before dinner, so you can burn what you ate for breakfast and lunch

but thats just me.

it's really up to you
just don't do it before sleeping because i heard its harder to sleep when your heart is all pumping and etc lol

Edited by scypEr, 01 June 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#3 LilSweetAngel

LilSweetAngel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

i do my exercises around 6-7pm and i still lose weight. Some people say that if you exercise near bed-time then you would become more awake and it's harder for you to fall asleep. But yes, with a hectic work schedule i can only exercise or go to the gym in the evening.

#4 happychic

happychic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

I dont don think it matters what time you exercise, as long as you exercise properly you should use weight. Most people work out in the evening anyways due to work and have never heard anyone say that it is better to work out at any particular part of the day.

#5 shitagi

shitagi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

Of course you will lose weight even in the evening. But ...

Early in the morning is good to exercise because your body is after long night starvetion without almost any fast source of energy( carbohydrates ), so you will start to burn proteins and then fats sooner.

On the other hand if you exercise in the evening you propably won't eat so much after that.
As for me i tend to eat more after physical activity, what i'm saying is that you should keep out of carbohydrates in the evening. :P

And try to schedule your exercise at least 2-3hours before going to bed supposing you work out for an hour.

gl

Edited by shitagi, 01 June 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#6 ciemog

ciemog

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:13 AM

i don't think it matters when we exercises. I exercise in the evening before i sleep as well. i still managed to lose weight. So long as u do it correctly you would tone up and lose weight.

#7 My Last Breath

My Last Breath

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

your metabolism is a lot slower at night so i dont think you will benefit as much if you were to do it in the morning. doing it after you wake up and before you have breakfast is the best. Eating then exercising you are burning off what you eat. not eating before you exercise, you burn the fat in your body.. eat after you exercise. but make sure you drink water during the exercise.

#8 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

i dont think the time matters.
as long as u work out then u would lose weight anyways.
morning or noon or evening or even night time shouldnt be a problem.
I know this guy who onlly works out at like 8 in the evening cuz he has such a bush schedule that its the only time he can actually go to the gym.

#9 xXBaByGurLXx

xXBaByGurLXx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

Of course you lose weight....as long as you exercise and dont eat a big meal or lots of junk food afterwards, you're set =D

#10 aly8887

aly8887

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:35 AM

yes, cause you're still losing calories... it doesn't matter what time you exercise as long as you do it...lol and don't forget if you want to lose weight and keep it off you still have to eat right along with working out...Good Luck

#11 BαпαпαBгеαd :D

BαпαпαBгеαd :D

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:40 AM

Lol yeah you lose weight.. I think its better to work out in the evening anyway (not too dark) because its cooler, so you dont have to worry about sweating a lot in the heat. Plus youre working out after the main meals (dinner) im guessing? so youre burning off that fat, and working out late makes you tired, so you get a good nights rest :D

#12 chuppy

chuppy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:11 AM

yup...u do lose weight no matter which time you are exercise...
but if u do it late at night..after ur exercise. don eat..