AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Women SHAVE THEIR ARMS AND HANDS?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 fcchung

fcchung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:43 AM

I always thought Women only shaved their moustache( if have), legs, and what else.... armpits( Do they?), and maybe beard( if they have some)

But i've started to figure out that many also shave their ARMS???? and HANDS(Some hair exists in fingers and back of hand)?
Also toes and feet?

Some people say Women dont have as much hair as men. But men have hair in arms and back of hand/fingers and toes..so that means Women may have little bit there too.

Oh and when i say SHAVE.. it can mean WAX or whatever .

thanks

ok, discuss

#2 aly8887

aly8887

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:39 AM

well, I know my sister plucks her big toe hair...lol I alway laugh at her about it...keke

#3 사랑해♡

사랑해♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:04 AM

I didn't know that girls shave??? I mean, I thought girls dnt have hair lol.
well I gotta admit that once you get older, there may be some hair in armpits, and maybe some in body, but i'd say that's not really thick hair like mens.

There's my friend.. who is girl... she have many hair in her arms.
okay, by I mean many, it's many.
Even more than I do, and she's 1 year younger than me.
im a male, and even from close, you can't even see if my arm has a hair. but her, man, you can even see it from far.
Sometimes I feel very strange why she didn't shave it, I really think it looks really bad.
I mean, girls with hair is... not really good..

yeah.. that's the only girl I know who have hair, other girls, I actually never see...

#4 xxirenexrinixx

xxirenexrinixx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

yes, girls do shave lol i shave my armpits, arms, legs.. not my fingers & toes though.. thats a little weird for me lol

#5 QuackieChau

QuackieChau

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1931 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

I've heard of girls shaving their arms, but not fingers and toes. I can see why they might though.

Bottom line is that it takes work for girls to appear hairless. And some girls go to greater lengths than others.

Edited by QuackieChau, 06 June 2008 - 07:34 AM.

#6 cheesycheese

cheesycheese

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

curries have more arm hair than asians (yes i know we are all ASIANS but u know what i mean)??not to be offensive or anything

#7 coolf3ndy

coolf3ndy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

Girls do shave. On the legs, hands and armpits. But then i think not to the sense of their toehairs and stuff though. Feels a bit weird. Plus who would even bother looking at the toes????Haha..

#8 conbaylua

conbaylua

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

I only shave my armpit.
i was born without any hair on my arms or legs, my mom and sister is the same way.
i don't shave my mustache because it's hardly there.
shaving fingers and toes is freaky

#9 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

well as long as u have hair u can shave if off so if they are hairy then they can shave their arms.
i know someone who does it and she openly admits it too haha.
everyone has hair on thier arms but some thicker than others so those who has thick hair can start shaving.
i personally dont do it but that doesnt mean that others around me dont.

#10 Tumby_tum

Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:14 PM

Yeah... I shaved my arms, legs & armpits. I do once in a while shave (or pluck) the hair on my toes when they get really long... and I do mean really long in which I can see it when I am just standing and look at my toes!! I know it sounds weird to you guys because you don't have to worry about your body hair. As for us girls... in order for us to appear 'hairless', we have to do a lot of things!!

#11 Libra Zebra

Libra Zebra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

I shave like my arms, legs, armpits, hands, feet...

I just don't like the feel or look of hair on my hands and stuff. My eyebrows I go crazy with and sometimes I end up over-plucking them because of that haha, oops.

#12 AiMango

AiMango

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:58 AM

I didn't know that girls shave??? I mean, I thought girls dnt have hair lol.

lol hahaha i guess it's because all the girls you were around shaved a lot. yes girls have hair! just less than guys, but we still shave.
I don't shave my arms. I never even heard of anyone shaving their hands and feet though o__o I only shave armpits and legs. I guess it's because I'm pretty hairless.

#13 ha__yourfaceee.

ha__yourfaceee.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:48 AM

Hahaa, I shave my arms like, once a month.
I don't like the feeling or look of HAIR on my arms.
Plus, hair on my arms makes it look tanner and darker,
and I don't want that, hahaha. XDD

And whoever said they didn't know that girls shaved or had hair,
needs to get out with girls just a little more often. ;]

#14 Subtle Red

Subtle Red

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

Well first off, I think most asian women's hairs are sparse, very fine or there are none. And if you do find baby hairs it's on very soft skin unlike men.

Shaving hands??? I've never heard of hair on hands before, perhaps there are....Can I ask what source did this info come from?

It's normal for women to wax or shave but they don't have the same density or thinkness as men. Some you can't even tell they are there. I don't have to shave my arms.

You make it sound like Asian women of sorts are hairy. Haha!!

#15 사랑해♡

사랑해♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

actually, my friend is... and like I said in above it's in her arms... it's thicker than mine man... it's probably the same like my leg hair lol.
Everytime I see it I laugh lol.
I mean, it's really visible, why don't she shave it??? I don't get it.

Do you girls like to have hair on your arms?? coz it looks like my friend does lol, she doesn't shave her arm and it's like... o.o....

Edited by 사랑해♡, 07 June 2008 - 10:19 PM.

#16 bakzhang

bakzhang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2126 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

Not all girls shave as they dont necessarily have armpit/leg/hand hairs. I have seen some who naturally do not have hairs even armpit hairs. That's why they don't need to shave at all.

#17 pic85

pic85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

this is a first!!!! hair on arms or hands are nothing to worry about. I don't see why you should shave/wax it off. It's not that noticeable at all. I'm very lucky to have really light hair and none at all on my legs.

#18 Libra Zebra

Libra Zebra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

Well first off, I think most asian women's hairs are sparse, very fine or there are none. And if you do find baby hairs it's on very soft skin unlike men.

Shaving hands??? I've never heard of hair on hands before, perhaps there are....Can I ask what source did this info come from?

It's normal for women to wax or shave but they don't have the same density or thinkness as men. Some you can't even tell they are there. I don't have to shave my arms.

On hands and feet it's on like the knuckle--there's barely any hair but it's there...hehe. On the palms of hands though, there is none, I meant on the backs at least.

I don't think it is very noticeable if I shave it or not, it's just a habit I have...I don't know about other people. :P

#19 Lucky_Doraemon

Lucky_Doraemon

Back to reality...T_T

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

I think Asian places like India/Pakistan and some Chinese have some hair on their arms some hair aren't as prominent, everyone has hair on their arms but it depends on the type of hair. Caucasian women have hairier arms but you don't notice because it's blonde and fine usually. Indian or South Asian countries usually have thicker hair so i notice my Bengali and Indian friends male and female have darker hair on their arms and sometimes unfortunately for the female a lil thicker and sometimes noticeable.

If you look at a guy they can get hair on their backs, facial hair arms legs chest knuckles toes etc, that's because of alot of testosterone (the stuff that defines guys and Oestrogen for women) Sometimes women have more testosterone than needed for an average women, so it may result in them getting more hair for example on their faces (ever heard about women getting beards?) and even in places girls "usually" don't get them like toes/knuckles/arms.

#20 el_simplicity89

el_simplicity89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

i wouldn't recommand shaving the arms.. the hair comes back coarser... waxing is better in my opinion

#21 chaoticangel

chaoticangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:37 AM

i wouldn't shave my arms, hands or toes because those hairs would just grow back a lot thicker than before and it would look worse...

#22 katokathy

katokathy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

I shave my arms yes. xD
And SOMETIMES on the fingers... not often, only when I'm going somewhere special or meeting someone etc. and want to be hairless lol.
But yea not toes though... o.o I didn't think there was hair on toes unless you're guys. ^^'''

Edited by katokathy, 09 June 2008 - 07:12 AM.

#23 novemberbaby

novemberbaby

arashi/arashi: best pairing.

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

I only shave legs and armpits. The hairs on my arms aren't that visible so I don't have to worry about it much.

#24 iHotNoodle.

iHotNoodle.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

I only shave my legs/armpits.
I don't bother with the hair on my arms as I'm slightly tanned and my hairs are almost the same colour so it's not like it sticks out! :3

in short: basically what novemberbaby said, haha!

Edited by iHotNoodle., 09 June 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#25 Eiramy

Eiramy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:01 AM

For an Asian, I'm pretty hairy...so yes, the hair on my arms and hands are pretty visible. I have been tempted to shave my arms many times since it feels gross to have so much hair. But I never do because I know it'll come back thicker and I'll have to keep shaving it. But I have been using an epilator on my hands and toes recently. They feel smoother than ever. :P

#26 MichelleAndRaymond

MichelleAndRaymond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Eww..I'm hairless...
No joke, I do not have any hair on my legs or arm....

#27 PingLing

PingLing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

What? They shave their hands? lol

#28 Libra Zebra

Libra Zebra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:20 AM

i wouldn't shave my arms, hands or toes because those hairs would just grow back a lot thicker than before and it would look worse...

Actually it's a myth, I've shaved my arms, hands, feet and stuff before and it grows back the same--if not lighter.

#29 blue rebel

blue rebel

God's Little Girl

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, lots of girls do shave their arms and legs. Because waxing hurts, and using removal cream takes too long (you have to leave it on for like 10 minutes and it sometimes stings).

#30 HelloKittyx3

HelloKittyx3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

OMG. rofl. I shave my arms, cause when i was small it use to be sooo hairy. Sooo yeah pretty disturbing. So i got into the habit of shaving since i was in 3rd grade.
I also have hair on my biggest toe. ughh. haha. and my hand part.. the finger part?
well i shave that too. i shave everything -_-
i guess it was cause my dad had hair in all those places.. haha

#31 Eiramy

Eiramy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:16 AM

OMG. rofl. I shave my arms, cause when i was small it use to be sooo hairy. Sooo yeah pretty disturbing. So i got into the habit of shaving since i was in 3rd grade.
I also have hair on my biggest toe. ughh. haha. and my hand part.. the finger part?
well i shave that too. i shave everything -_-
i guess it was cause my dad had hair in all those places.. haha

I think I'm equally hairy as you...if not more so I feel your pain. :waaa:
The only thing is that I choose not to shave my arms since I'm too lazy to make it a habit. lol