SNSD Boycotted during 2008 Dream Concert

54 replies to this topic

#1 Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,099 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

The I Love Korea 2008 Dream Concert which was held on the 7th to boost Korean patriotism, instead only boosted the hostility between fan clubs.

During the opening of the concert, approximately 20 fans were injured and rushed to the hospital. The injuries occurred as fan clubs were fighting over their idols as well as for seats.

To make matters worse, while Girls' Generation performed for a duration of 10 minutes, all of the male idol group fan clubs turned off their glow sticks, as well as "boo-ed" the girls.

source: allkpop

Things only got worse for SNSD and Soshied. Since fake tickets were sold Soshified were seated next to ELF resulting in the most chaotic moment in dream concert history.

ELF were angered and tore an SNSD poster, the fanboys the retaliated by teaing down an "only 13" poster. After the only 13 posters were moved to the back ELF attacked back by pouring water on the boys who in return became violent and threated them with knives.
ELF then began lying about the boys ripping down 10+ posters to fire up the other fanclub members.

Rumor has it that both ELF and Triple S members were stabbed by Soshified members but that rumor has not yet been proven.

http://i26.tinypic.com/vpghdw.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/rw03za.jpg

Along the way a poster of Yuhno Uknow also got torn because the fanboys mistook him for a Super Junior Memeber.

credit:
pictures from: Shenyuepop
Nikki@AF.net

nikki: wow they are so mature for thier age...

Edited by ` H0T iiCE, 09 June 2008 - 04:15 AM.

#2 ♥ InitialE

fields of gold.

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:25 AM

.... tsk why must fans be so immature?
I guess we can't help it - there are bound to be some in this world, just that a large portion of them can be found in korea. I'm not taking any sides here, because both were at fault.

#3 berna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:59 AM

tsss.. so childish! killing for your idol? dying for your idol? tsss.. that is way too far.

#4 shellstah__

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:14 AM

I don't get what the pictures are trying to show. All I see is a red circle next to the guy's cellphone. Those fans are the reason why people think Korean fans are insane.

#5 girl*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

Someone stated that the guy was holding a pocket knife.

But yeah, fans are insane. All of them, well not all... most.
--------------------------------------------

I just read this a minute ago on spiderliliez LJ.

Translation to the picture of the girl with a broken leg:

"I wasn't going to post this picture up.
But the Soshi boy-fans...hahahaha... said there was no evidence
I'm wearing crutches..hahahaha...how about this
If you say that I'm still lying, I might as well put up my medical examination
You guys should really keep you integrity...hahahahaha
If I had the heart, I'd like to post my phone number and talk with you via video?
But my cell phone is currently messed up ...hahahaha"
credits: spiderliliez@livejournal

Edited by ` H0T iiCE, 09 June 2008 - 04:43 AM.

#6 ★vitaMING

Dan+Blair

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:23 AM

Things only got worse for SNSD and Soshied. Since fake tickets were sold Soshified were seated next to ELF resulting in the most chaotic moment in dream concert history.

i don't think they had tickets. it was for free. o.O
and SNSD's fan did not sit next to ELF.
SNSD's fan have their own seating chart.
and ELF have their own.

#7 Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,099 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE ([[cloudy]] @ Jun 9 2008 4 23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't think they had tickets. it was for free. o.O
and SNSD's fan did not sit next to ELF.
SNSD's fan have their own seating chart.
and ELF have their own.

they did but cuz of the fake tickets alot of soshieds lost thier seats so they were placed in the elf section thats why elf got pissed off.
if u look at the all those balloon pictures.. at some parts there are pink balloons in the middle of the blue.
last time i checked sj doenst use pink balloons.
did u go to the concert? u really did miss that row of pink if u went. so recheck ur memories.
oh and me? one of the soshified boys sitting in the elf section is my friend and the elf who poured water on him is someone else i know.

#8 .jaevia

power of nine ★

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:45 AM

we cannot underestimate the power of fans, it turns out really scary sometimes.
srsly, everyone needs to chill, it will only makes things worst if they continue on with their acts.

#9 ★vitaMING

Dan+Blair

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

^ uh yea sure. w/e. and maybe i should re-check my memories cuhs i see no pink. :rolleyes:
and i didn't ask about you. so w/e.

v. no. it wasn't because of glow stick.

Edited by [[cloudy]], 09 June 2008 - 05:14 AM.

#10 Hello Asia~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:10 AM

wow.... just becuz of glow sticks? lol im a member of soshified <33

#11 firstname.lastname

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:11 AM

goodness fans take things too seriously these days. i feel sorry for idol groups that have uncontrollable fans like these. dun even know why the fans have to have rival fans from another group == so crazy yet freaky. haha that yunho part was random xD

#12 marmar

I <3 The Grace & LYH

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:26 AM

what the ppl in charge of the dream concert should do for next year should just banned all sm artists for just next year. since it's mainly there fanclubs that are immature.
don't ruin it for the other artists that would like to perform for there fans...if they do need to invite an sm artist then invite one where there fans are not as immature & crazy like the soshi heads, elfs & cassies...

#13 hippokathy88

[ hippO ♥ Freedom ]

• Forum Masters
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:43 AM

haha the last line is funny, yunho was mistaken for a member in Suju :lmao: haha there are too many of them in suju the fanboys cant keep track of them all eh?

lol the pix dont really show anything, i cant really see anything hostile from them lol but what they did were so immature. such bad reputation for sm fans.

#14 RoxiahS2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:26 AM

0.o this article somehow didnt ring true to me cuz from fancams and official clips, i dont see any pink in the blue area (and even the ppl who went there who I know, would sure mention it since snsd's fans and elfs just dont sit together) and soshified? (wasnt it the international snsd's fans called themselves? i think someone told me the one in korea was called Honey, but not sure, some snsd fan correct me if im wrong)

yunho's banner got torn? i didnt hear anything from dbsk's thread, or dnbn cuz there would sure be a huge commotion if that happened, oh some news or should i say rumors..

Edited by RoxiahS2, 09 June 2008 - 06:33 AM.

#15 stadda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

UPDATE

Apparently SNSD fanboys did not tear down the banners, security guards did as they were trying to make room for all the concert goers.

Fan accounts quoted from Shenyuepop

"Cassie fan account, personally from the victim:
“I was constantly kicked in the head and was hit by balloons by SNSD fans. I got fed up and told them off “Stop it you bastards”. From that point on they started hitting my head with their fists. I remember exactly, there wasn’t just one person, but 5 or 10 that came to my seat and started beating me. SNSD fan girls were just looking at the scene and giggling….while some fans were so alarmed that they were talking of calling the police. I couldn’t defend myself and just patiently hoped that they would stop. When they left, I went over to the SUJU side to ask my friend for help. She took me to the hospital. When I awoke the next day at 2 in the afternoon, I found myself in a hospital bed with my mother humped over my bed, holding my hand tightly. I have bandages around my head…it seems like my head was ripped open."

Elf Fan account:

“A friend of mine was taking a long time to comeback from the restroom, so I called her. She picked up the phone and told me that she was in a certain row, naked and crying. She was going to the restroom when a couple guys came up from behind and ripped her clothes and touched her body and took pictures and then left. They looked like high school boys…she says she doesn’t remember anything but that the boys were holding pink balloons.”

"I went with a friend but we sat separately. I’m a Triple but she’s a Cassie. Suddenly I get a call from my friend who was crying and telling me that she was scared. While she was going to the restroom, she saw a Cassie who was being beaten up by boys holding pink balloons…and she told me it was on the level of gang violence. Among the Triples there was also news of being beaten by Soshi fans!

The situation was so frightening that Security asked everyone to walk in pairs!
According to fan accounts, other fan lclub members were beaten up by SNSD fanboys - some had their hair ripped out, raped, stabbed with a knife and had broken legs, and were taken to the hospital."

Rape? Stabbings? I can't believe this.

Edited by stadda, 09 June 2008 - 07:40 AM.

#16 mr shOrtie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:13 AM

Fans are getting really aggressive nowadays!
Amazingly fans of artists like Super Junior and SNSD abusing each other is just weir!
They are from the same company for crying out loud
AND what happens when you're more then just an ELF or Cassie?

#17 JWrico87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

This is so stupid.
How can they ruin a concert "to boost Korean patriotism"?
But, instread they disrespected everyone by fighting over idols.
I'm mad that they are acting like "gang bangers" (aka Gangs), not fans.

#18 beep2x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

they were bringing knives?

well.. the fight was totally unnecessary.. not sure if it's all true.. i think i've never heard such a thing before.. i mean not this bad.. and their idols are in the same company.. some of them are really good friends.. *sigh*

Edited by beep2x, 09 June 2008 - 07:25 AM.

#19 PearledOrchid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

Fans in Korea are out of control.
They treat their fav. celebs like god and I bet if their own family members
criticize their idols, they would go and harm their family members as well.
These fans should be put in the Guinness Record book for the craziest fans in
the world.

#20 Sweetwind23

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

Rape and stabbing?
I am a Cassie and a Elf but that's going way OFF the story-making. Stupid fans!!
Sometimes I wonder why some of them are so immature. I know majority of them are elementary and middle school girls...but seriously!!! I love my bands but these fans REALLY ruin the rep and most importantly reps of the boys!

Okay, so IF rape and stabbing were really true, where were the police? Parents asking for compensation and lawsuits? and if true, Korean music industry and concert organizer would be in deep HELL sh*t right now.

There's absolutely no mention of such violence anywhere in Korean internet.
To note, in Korean webs, even the slightest harrasement and violence happened in Korea get coverage. And especially in HUGE and IMPORTANT events like Dream Concert? If such things REALLY did happen, why absolutely no coverage? and importantly why the so called "victims" not going to police? Stop spreading what obsessed fangirls write on their own blogs or fan forums as if they are real actual facts.
OMG. Seriously stupid internet stories they make up make me SICK! They seriouly have NO life!!

________
Okay.. I really dont like Tiffany. But i would NOT have boycotted the whole SNSD.
She's only 1 out of 9. Imagine how the girls felt.
I do wish though, SM would STOP associating and putting SNSD with DBSK and SUJU together!
SNSD have to earn their fame and popularity on their OWN. NOT by just being in the same label as them. That's even more of a reason why people have no respect for SNSD.

Edited by Sweetwind23, 09 June 2008 - 09:58 AM.

#21 MizzLinhie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:48 AM

They're being way too dramatic and immature.
It's just going to make their idols look bad. :duh
But those fanclubs sure are scary... :whistle

#22 Reign Heart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

There are so many photos about this news taken on Nation Korea. Why didn't you get one? Posting a photo of Girls' Generation walking on a red carpet doesn't give life to the news.

:worthless:

Edited by Aspire, 09 June 2008 - 03:05 PM.
triple post

#23 ohmygodsun

♥ 김준수

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

fans can be so scary.
but i guess the fighting would take place sooner or later since the tension was so high and everything ><

#24 LovesRainie

S♥ne

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

Fans in Korea are stupidly immature =.=
Most of the boycott was because of Tiff's remarks and the Haptic commercial filmed by SNSD and DBSK
I have nothing to say about Fany's incident, but the Haptic ad
gosh, it's just an ad! why can't the fangirls in Korea take it as it is?
They're so jealous of the girls being close to DBSK, hence the boycott...
like, what the heck is wrong with them?

and i don't believe the rape thing is true..
i bet the fans are just exaggerating

Poor SNSD
they were so sad during the performance
Jess and TY were on the verge of tears already
i really admire the soshi fans that went there to give their support..
thanks to them, SNSD had at least some hope :)

#25 Pem Ernie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:56 AM

Amazing fans, what is wrong with korea society?

#26 Usi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Sorry, but that aren't fans for me. That are Hooligans!
I never understand fans who bashing other fans.

#27 ★Shira

.Melody~Harmony.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

OMG.too many stories.but i'm so seriously freakin scare d when i read this news.it's annoying bcause it's a fight between fanclub under sm. -.- urgh.. i dont know what the fans are thinking..but this seriously can cause many problems...

#28 just_ella

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Reign Heart @ Jun 9 2008 2 36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are so many photos about this news taken on Nation Korea. Why didn't you get one? Posting a photo of Girls' Generation walking on a red carpet doesn't give life to the news.

ermmm....
if you go to YT and search for clips..you can see that for real..
well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3C43ziqyW8
(in the clip you can see the girl holding a poster saying "Silence" and people started to shout wonder girls instead when SNSD was performing)

and this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxu37c1Tmk
(you can clearly see that there was no stickly on the 2nd and 1st floor EXCEPT for SNSD's Fan with their light sticks.......) even during WG's performance, everybody turned on their light sticks.

clip of the guys ripping off SUJU's poster..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGyhNhyKhM

do you still need pictures?
happy now?...

the night was horrible.....it was a chaos....

Edited by Aspire, 09 June 2008 - 03:05 PM.
Removed big emoticons

#29 .: black lily :.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

^umm bout the concert pics (the one when the glow sticks are off, banner tearing, and many others also, can't remember all) you can check them out at shenyuepop.com They have loads of pics + comments on each of the pic.

p/s: they teared yunho's banner coz he's mistaken as a Suju?? LOL Grow up man. Don't can yourself a k-pop follower if you can't tell apart DBSK boys from Suju... They're like the most 'it' thing around in k-pop for God's sake. That's just low~~ ^_^*

#30 korean-do

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:32 PM

gosh, lol-ed at the yunho's poster being ripped. haha, its like not knowing your enemy before killing them.
haha, anyhow, these fans are just plain childish and a disgrace to other fans who aint as childish and bonkers as them. sighx, throw the my face as being a fan of dong bang and superjunior, throwing their celebs face too.

#31 ntxoo89

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

okay now imma laugh at those fanboys for ripping yunho's poster thinking it's suju
pathetic and lame and immature

#32 Jet-Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

EEEK.

scary fans

I feel sorry for SNSD, they're actually pretty catchy.
It seems a shame for people to be so childish.
If you don't like the band, go to get some snacks/buy merch/go toilet whatver...=_= not stabbing

#33 AzNdAtLuVz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:09 PM

wow fans do get a little crazy.. i hope everything will be fine and safe

#34 Himitsu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

seriously, fans of dbsk, suju and ss501 should ganged up so that snsd's fans can't do anything like hitting other idol's fans..
Snsd's fans are just WAY over the top..
they messed up so bad..

#35 aznblueflame

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Pem Ernie @ Jun 9 2008 8 56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amazing fans, what is wrong with korea society?

their arrogance and hubris from the "korean wave" is back firing on them.

#36 Lucky_Doraemon

Back to reality...T_T

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

wtf i didn't know there was "beef" between Elf and SNSD fans i know about the Cassie and Soshi thing though ............ but it looks like they're just out to get anyone really =/ from the fan encounter posted the girls were just giggling when a person was being beat down by 5 or 10!

Seriously how manly does that look a bunch of guys holding PINK balloons assaulting people everywhere.........

seems like the Soshi fanboys are really trying to take over Cassie's notoriety of craziness O.o

EDIT: scratch that, mainly girls of the other fanclubs were holding silence,

http://www.youtube.com/v/X3C43ziqyW8&hl=en

ok seriously WHERE were the other fans? i don't think Cass, Elf and triple S took over the whole stadium, i heard Shinhwa fans were cheering (there were only 50 of them and Shinhwa didn't even participate, no grudges there) but ouch....it was complete darkness unlike the usual glowstick waving..........

Edited by Lucky_Doraemon, 10 June 2008 - 12:05 AM.

#37 mangowoei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:16 AM

this is insanely crazy.....the korean fans pls get a grip!!...they should feel ashamed of their themselves....if they doesnt like some particular singers who performed on the stage.. go n get something to eat,toilet instead of bashing each other...bout ripping yunho's poster really break my heart..how dare them mistaken him as suju n ripped his beautiful face...wtf

#38 johnseveru

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (mangowoei @ Jun 9 2008 7 16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is insanely crazy.....the korean fans pls get a grip!!...they should feel ashamed of their themselves....if they doesnt like some particular singers who performed on the stage.. go n get something to eat,toilet instead of bashing each other...bout ripping yunho's poster really break my heart..how dare them mistaken him as suju n ripped his beautiful face...wtf

wow thats crazy!

i didnt know that there was a concert was it sat or sun?

#39 AngelAngel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:43 AM

Is their like a lot of hormones in Korea's water or something? Is that why so many teenagers are so crazy lol?

Seriously, when's the last time something like this or even half of it was seem somewhere else?

#40 blue_smurf

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

gosh, if these rumors of violence were true, then it's really so immature of them! :angry:Geez, stars are just humans, not to be put on an altar or pedestal to worship! Hurting or dissing someone to protect stars is total craziness and humiliating! These are not fans but barbarians...I didn't know korean fans could be this uncivilized and scary...makes me shiver!!! I wouldn't belittle myself like that for the sake of my fave stars, tsk ;)

Edited by blue_smurf, 10 June 2008 - 11:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users