Profile:
Chinese Name: 鄭欣宜
English Name: Joyce Cheng
Date of Birth: May 30, 1987
Place of Birth: Vancouver, British Columbia
Parents: Lydia Shum and Adam Cheng
God Father: Alan Tang
Education: Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Edited by mv_288, 09 July 2009 - 09:21 PM.

#2 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianeu.net/forums/

Joyce Cheng discussing plans to appear in New Sitcom series

As well as releasing an album, Joyce Cheng will have the opportunity to act in an TVB series. It was reported that she had been secretly discussing plans to appear in one of TVB’s new sitcom series. She will have the chance to work with seniors such as Teresa Mo Sun Kwan, and Opera singer Ng Kwan Lai. Joyce will also have the chance to sing the theme song. It appears that TVB will be promoting her heavily this year, similar to Fa Dan status.

“Best Selling Secrets” will broadcast it’s final episode on August 7th. There were rumours that the series would be continued but this is not the case. The producer had recently been working on plans for a new sitcom series, but will keep actors such as Alvina Kong, Wong Cho Lam, Florence Kwok etc. The new sitcom will be unrelated to “Best Selling Secrets” and have different characters and an entirely different storyline.
Joyce had always wanted to act in a TV series. Chan Suk Fun who manages her work, carefully chose the role for her. The plans are in process and it will eventually be confirmed whether Joyce will be in the new sitcom series. Due to entering the music industry, Joyce will be one of the top choices to sing theme songs. It appears that Joyce’s entertainment career is finally being raised.

#3 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

Source: Mingpao
Translated By: Edward @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Joyce Cheng in Super Trio

Joyce Cheng, Timmy Hung, Ankie Belle and Tam Wing Liu were at TVB's studio to record Super Trio yesterday.
When Joyce was playing the "Stepping Legs" game, she was asked to jump on top of Tam Wing Liu's thigh. However Joyce seemed to fail no matter how many times she tried to go on top of Win Liu's thigh. She knelt down in front of Wing Liu, causing Eric Tsang to exempt her in that section.
Joyce Cheng told the reporters she can't jump high because she had a bad childhood experience. She stated that she was fat in the past. When she was young nobody was willing to push her when she was playing on the swings. She was also afraid of playing the see-saw because of her weight.
"Although I have slimmed down right now, I will still remember of my past. I didn't dare to jump on Tam Wing Liu just now because I am worried that I will hurt him."

Interested participating in dramas

Rumour says that Joyce will be participating in TVB's new sitcom. Joyce disclosed that her manager had discussed this issue with TVB and have already come out with an conclusion. However she is unwilling to disclose anymore.
(Are you really interested in acting?) "Yes of course, participating in dramas will let me learn new things, I am happy if I will have an chance."
(Have you thought of what roles you want?) "Nope, I am already happy if I was short-listed"

Timmy Hung's rumoured girlfriend, Ankie Belle

Even because Timmy Hung was a good friend of Eric Tsang and Chin Ka Lok, he was not spared by the hosts yesterday. When playing "Little Cream" the hosts gave him the double amount of cream to be splashed on his face. Eric Tsang and Chin Ka Lok also forced Timmy to disclose news of his father (Sammo Hung)'s girlfriend. Timmy Hung changed the topic by saying Ankie Belle is his rumoured girlfriend.

Timmy Hung - Joyce Cheng is Heavy
Timmy Hung needs to entail strenuous effort while carrying Joyce Cheng in the "Human Hoop" section. He was exhausted after that round. Timmy discloses that it was not hard when carrying Joyce. He was more in pain when Eric hit his private part's before the start of the game.

#4 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

Source: Takungpao
Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Joyce Cheng does not mind being compared with Jennifer Tse, will support her decision

Joyce Cheng states that she will support Jennifer Tse’s decision of joining the entertainment industry, even though her brother Nicholas Tse had constantly disapproved her from joining. She says “I agree with what Jennifer said, even if she doesn’t join the entertainment circle she is still well known and will still be followed by paparazzi’s. Although we talk to each other, she hasn’t asked me for any advice. To be honest I don’t think I have any right to give any advice, but I definitely think she can do it. She is a very tough girl.”

( But Nicholas has disapproved her joining?) “I do not want to comment as it’s their family business. But as a friend of Jennifer of course I will support her decision. “ (Aren’t you afraid of more competition in the industry?) “We are very different.” (Aren’t you worried about being compared?) “If they want to compare us then I be quite happy because she a beautiful girl and has a great figure. “ Joyce feel’s that Hong Kong’s entertainment industry is full of variety and will definitely have space for both of them.

Recently Joyce had been given the chance to sing the theme song for “Speech of Silence”. There were also rumours that she would be acting in a sitcom series. She states that Chan Suk Fun had discussed this with her but she is not clear of the full details. “Filming a series is a good learning experience. As an artiste it’s best to try out different things. Also it will be good for improving my Chinese. My Chinese has improved a lot, yesterday I didn’t need to use English pinyin for the Chinese lyrics. “

#5 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Translated by: dragon888@ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Posted Image
Picture: Joyce was a bit nervous , couldn't stop laughing when she was singing with Joey

Joey Yung praised Joyce Cheng having a good voice & audience friendly

Joyce Cheng, Joey, Emme Wong, Liu Xuan were recording at the Jade Solid Gold the other night . It was Joyce's first time there. She was very anxious and felt pressurized. She had to sing solo as well as singing with Joey.

Joyce just arrived from Canada . She revealed that 3rd July was Lydia's lunar year birthday. She intended to pay her respect to Lydia as well as visiting some relatives. Joyce was asked if she moaned to Lydia . She replied " There is no need to moan. I just let mummy know what is happening. I ask her not to worry about me so that she can bless me. I'll be fine whatever I do."

Microphone blasted: Joyce had a fright

Joyce was calm when she went up to the stage. She wasn't stressed or under pressure. But when she was singing with Joey, the sound suddenly became faulty. There were a lot of cracking noises , sounded like explosion. Joey and Joyce were stunned. Joey said " is the microphone blasted?"

Back Stage, Joey praised Joyce for having a very good vocal in singing " I was in Canada a few years ago, I heard her sing. Her vocal was good and she got on very well with the audience. When I saw how she was looking after Lydia in the past, holding her arm here and there, She is such a good girl. I like people who look after the elders."

#6 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

Joyce Cheng donated Lydia's belongings to the museum
Saturday July 12, 2008 Hong Kong
Source : ON.TV
Video By: Edward @ Http://asianuniverse.net

Time passes very quickly,Lydia Shum had already left us for almost half a year. Our reporters were present near Joyce Cheng's apartment in Cambridge Garden at Kowloon Tong at about 4pm yesterday.They discovered a truck which belongs to the Hong Kong Heritage museum parking at the entrance of her home,the reporters saw about 5 staffs transporting boxes of goods which is believed to be Lydia's belongings.The staffs were gentle but quick to transport the goods into the truck,which afterwards they drove the truck to the Hong Kong Heritage museum at Sha Tin.

Our team later called Joyce Cheng to understand the situation,She says that sharing the belongings of her mother to the public and letting the public remember her is a meaningful task. As for the date of the exhibition,Joyce said that she is still currently arranging. The style of the exhibition will be similiar to the late godfather of cantonpop, Roman Tam. Now that Joyce Cheng had clarified,we will together remember every little things from Lydia Shum and cherish the happy memory of what Lydia Shum brought to us.

#7 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

Source : Mingpao,Wenweipo,Oriental Daily
Credits: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Spoiler

Order of precedence - The new sitcom which will suceed Best Selling Secrets

The same producer for "Best Selling Secrets" will also be the new producer for the new sitcom that is scheduled to be aired after olympics. She disclosed "I will continue to use the old cast from Best selling,and also add new people in the upcoming sitcom."She also said that she will custom make a suitable role for Joyce Cheng in the new sitcom and will consider hiring Joyce Cheng to sing the themesong of the series.

According to Oriental Daily,Joyce's role in the series will be a curious and active girl.To prepare for her job,Joyce is currently having intensive chinese lessons.

The new sitcom that is airing after olympics will only start fliming at late august.

rest of the article in spoilers

#8 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Joyce Cheng says she hasn't got a figure to show to shoot a pictorial book

Yesterday Joyce Cheng attended several events, including outdoor interviews and a book fair. Asked whether she would consider to write a book ? She said “I have thought about it, but writing in Chinese would be quite difficult, this is my long term plan. (What topic?) “I am quite chaotic, I may talk about everything. (Will you write about past experiences of living with your mother?) “Certainly, My mother had a very big influence on me.”

(Asked if she will mention her father?) “I probably will, I will see if I get any inspiration during the time.” Asked if she would release a Pictorial book? Joyce suddenly has a big reaction and says “I haven’t got much of a figure to show and quite I'm shy. These 2 years I have only gone swimming twice, afraid reporters will capture me. "

#9 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Joyce Cheng resists in acting as lovers with her father Adam Cheng

Joyce Cheng attended Sui Jian Guo (one of the leading contemporay Chinese artists) Event opening in Times Square yesterday. Joyce expressed that she likes watching the track and field event in the Olympics. She smiled and said when she was in the 6th grade she joined the track and field team for 1 year. “I played shot put, but because I was nervous I was eliminated. My sport career therefore ended there, “

We mentioned that her father Adam Cheng is filming new series “Pool King” and the producer had thought about asking her to play his daughter in the series. Joyce stated she felt very awkward about it. The reporter also suggested they could play lovers, Joyce immediately responded by laughing “I think it is very strange, I would resist, very disgusting. Are you crazy? “ She says she doesn’t especially want to work with her father.

As for the new TVB sitcom series that she has accepted filming, she says she is not afraid of it being hard work. “As I have been given an chance, I hope the seniors can teach me more things.” Asked whether she would have time dating when she is filming the series? She says that she is still young and wants to concentrate on working. When mentioned that her western boyfriend’s was captured carrying her late mother’s photo Fei Fei stored in his wallet. She replied “I have a few good friends that also keep family photos in their wallets. “

#10 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:58 AM

Joyce Cheng at the Children's Music Award Presentation

Posted Image
Picture:Joyce Cheng with the award winners for best "Prince" and "Princess"

Back in 2005, Joyce dressed up as Snow White when she attended the "Children Music Award presentation ceremony". She had received a lot of complaints. After all these years, she was invited by HK Disneyland to read the story of "Cinderella" in English in Hong Kong Central Library. She was there also to present the best "Prince" and "Princess" award. Joyce disclosed she had a bad memory of the last time when she dressed up as Snow White, therefore this time she dare not dress as Snow White again.

Joyce told the media she was very happy to be invited again by HK Disneyland. Even she had an unhappy time a few years ago, she hasn't taken it to heart this time. Joyce reckoned this type of event is very beneficial to the children. It would encourage the children's interest to read. Asked if she would dress up as Snow White again, Joyce said "I don't think so. I still have the shadow here. I don't mind if people still want to laugh at me. But that is the past and I haven't done anything wrong." Reporter asked if her mother Lydia used to read story to her. She said very rarely, but her god mother always took her out shopping. She liked going to the library rather than out playing.

Joyce will be filming a new situation drama for TVB in the middle of September. She admitted her Chinese is limited. Asked if she needs help with " Pinyin", Joyce said her Chinese has improved a lot. She understands 90% of it. Reporter asked if Daddy King (Adam Cheng) had taught her Chinese, Joyce replied " Daddy King asked me to come on ( 加油) and get on with it. But I feel the best way to learn Chinese is by reading it."

Source:Wenwepo
Translator:dragon888@ http://asianvn.com

#11 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

TVB new drama series " King Of Pool' was having a blessing ceremony yesterday. The whole cast Adam, Niki Chow, Joyce Tang, Derek kwok and Benz Hung were all there. Rumored couple Joyce and Derek were target for conversation as usual. When pictures were taken, Adam told everyone Joyce was untouchable.

Adam and daughter Joyce had been busy working for TVB series. They should have time to meet up for meals. Adam asked his assistant to keep an eye on Joyce's working schedule. Theses day they have been communicating through SMS. Adam said his daughter is very independent. Nowadays, young people don't like lecturing. In particular, a father who has always got the negative publicity would give the media a chance to create a lot of gossips. He doesn't take much notice of such gossips.

Although Joyce Tang and Derek Kwok have been teased by the cast, they took no notice of them. They still took pictures together side by side. Asked if their love story has surfaced, Joyce said she needs a lover to surface and she is not dating at the moment. Speaking of the attempted burglary at Joyce's house the other day, Joyce told reporters she heard a strange noise at her front door. She screamed her head off. That had frightened the hell out of the thief who then ran away. The door knob was damaged. Reporters asked if she had called Derek for help. Joyce said she had called the police. It was suggested she needs a man in the house. Joyce said her father had been staying there sometimes.

Translator:dragon888@ http://asianvn.com

#12 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Jackie & Joyce to perform in Leslie's 5th year death anniversary

http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index.php...&pid=495598
Picture: Jacky Cheung in charge of the artistic effects

It would have been Leslie Cheung's 52nd birthday on 12th. His previous manager Mrs. Chan Shuk Fun was organizing a charity concert to commemorate his 5th year death anniversary. The concert will be held in Chongqing Olympic Sport Centre which has 40,000 seats. The concert is called "Miss You Much Leslie"

Posted Image
Picture: Joyce Cheng rehearsing for the concert

The stage design and the lighting would be different from the last concert. This time the bridge would be a complete bridge, meaning there is contact with Leslie. New comers Dicky Cheung, Patrick Tam and William So use 當年情 as the theme. They will be singing Leslie's songs. The other guests include Deanie Yip, Julian Cheung, Joyce Cheng, Wang Hui, Winnie Hsin and The Grass Hoppers will also be performing. They want to spend the night with Leslie through his music.

Jacky Cheung is in charge of the artistic effects of the concert. He pays attention to every minor details. Mrs. Chan was hoping even if the fans can not make it to the concert, they can pay their respect to him at 蓮位 situated at 寶福山福禪堂. Mrs. Chan reckoned this year's concert would be the last charity concert to commemorate Leslie's death. She has specially designed a recycle green bag for sale. The remaining proceed will go to charity. She is also putting together the April 1st , the 5th year anniversary "Miss You Much Leslie" 繼續寵愛音樂會 into DVD, adding on a CD (limited to 2000 copies) as well as a little booklet. So that Leslie's fan can keep as momentum.

Source:MingPao
Translator:dragon888 @ http://www.asianvn.com

#13 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

Joyce drinks TVB milk
Wednesday October 1, 2008 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng started the show for "TVB Anniversary Awards Ceremony 2008" lighting ceremony. She sang her new drama theme song " "Off Pedder" (畢打自己人). She appeared to be a bit nervous and admitted afterward that she was quite anxious about the performance. She only got the theme song a few days ago and she didn't have enough time to practice the song. "I like this song very much. I hope I can hear my song every day. TVB really loves me to arrange me to perform first."

Joyce felt she has officially joined the TVB family just like her mother and she has been drinking TVB milk since she was in her mother's tummy.

Translator:dragon888 @ http://www.asianvn.com

#14 bebe2019

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:02 AM

Joyce is pretty and I like her voice. The song she sang for a tvb drama was really good. Does anyone know the name of the song

#15 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Joyce Cheng is calm promoting in a busy public place as she feels she's not pretty
Friday October 17, 2008 Hong Kong
Credits: to Matchobx @ http://www.mediachamber.net/

Posted Image

The new TVB sitcom series (Off Pedder ) will premiere next week. Yesterday the cast which include Ivan Ho, Joyce Cheng, Ng Kwun Lai, Teresa Mo, Elaine Jin and Elvina Kong etc appeared in Central's Pedder Street for the function (Off Pedder). They attracted a large number of the public and were surrounded. After the cast took instant pictures they immediately left to avoid any chaos.

Ivan Ho’s Birthday
Afterwards they went to an Coffee shop in Wan Chai to have a toast ceremony while displaying the instant pictures they took earlier. The cast also held a secret Birthday party for Ivan Ho which surprised him. He laughed and said he never told people when his birthday was, even his wife Chan Lai See. She didn't return to Hong Kong to celebrate with him. As for his Birthday wish he hopes everything is peaceful. In addition, Teresa asked Ng Kwun Lai to kiss Ivan but in the end Joyce Cheng did it instead.

Joyce Cheng indicated she only knew it was Ivan's birthday a day ago. She plans to invite him for dinner to celebrate. When discussing about promoting in a busy place, Joyce said she wasn't afraid but had to apologise to the public because after taking pictures she left and didn't give any pictures to anyone. Did she get harassed by any of the public? Joyce said she didn't because there were many pretty girls at the scene and people wouldn’t want to harass her. She said frankly since filming the series she had reduced going out at night because she has to wake up every morning at 4am. She personally didn't like the words Nightlife used. The reporter then asked her about he boyfriend and if they had less time seeing each other? She said she didn't see her friends that much either but will stay in contact by phone.

Teresa Mo said after filming the series her 8 year old daughter had started to sleepwalk because she wasn't used to her mother not being home. When she couldn't find her she would cry and would sleep on her bed. She also declined other jobs to film this series. She prefers to spend the time with her family. As for her husband he also feels helpless because in the past they were always together.

#16 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

Source : Mingpao,Oriental Daily
Credits : MC @ http://www.mediachamber.net

Posted Image
(Picture Top,Joyce Cheng has been critised for excessive acting)

Joyce Cheng Received critisms and complaints of her acting in "Off Pedder"

Joyce Cheng's virgin drama (Off Pedder) has started to air for the first time 2 days ago. In the new sitcom,Joyce Cheng will play as a office assistant on probation.

Joyce whom has often received critisms for having excessive emotional expressions in her acting have earlier told the media that she was worried that audiences will criticise her again for her over acting. She has given the promise to change for the better to account for those critisms.
After most netizens seen her acting in "Off Pedder",they have criticise her again for having a pitch that is too high when talking, netizens also claimed that Joyce was "acting or pretending" to be cute in her acting by using excessive expressions.

The Broadcasting Authority of Hong Kong and Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB) has received 2 complaints each. TVB has received complaints about her style of acting while the Broadcasting Authority received complaints of her being coquettish in the drama,causing disturbance to the audience's eyes.

Posted Image
(LOL..see for yourself)

Netizens : Give Time and Chance

Fortunately,not all comments were bad. Other netizens felt that afterall its her first time acting,and have seen her efforts to work hard for her role in the drama. Joyce Cheng's acting should be more natural,time and chance must be given for her to improve. Its still too early now to come to a conclusion. As if the cute acting were deliberate,netizens says maybe its the demand of cuteness in her role.

Posted Image
(Picture Top,Sticking the tounge out scene)

In the second episode on tuesday night,there was a scene that Joyce Cheng sticked out her tounge after being scolded,her superior in the show said "Why did you give me that expression? Only a Twelve year old would do that as they think its cute.." It seems that the other casts dont mind her being cute and played along with her.

#17 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Viewers complains that Joyce Cheng's acting is not natural

Last week's broadcast of long 80 episodes series "The Gem of Life" has been grand, last week broadcasted two episodes at once in order to enhance the effects. Also Gigi Lai announcing her retirement from the entertainment circle, making her last tv series ever. The ratings were pretty high, last night's broadcast was 31 poins, peaking at 36 points, the success is not bad at all. But, on the next day ratings only peaked at 30 points, maximum of 28 points, seems like the trend is not flowing.

As for last week's finale of "The Four", TV ratings were 30 points on average, while the 2 episode finale last Friday recieved 35 points peaking, the results went as expected. Also last week first broadcast of "Off Pedder", last week only got 26 points, the results are only average. Week 2, Joyce Cheng comes out, the ratings went up to 28 points, which was the highest ratings of that week. But TVB recieved 6 complaints over the phone. They said that Joyce's performance is not natural, her acting was exaggerated. TVB's broadcast department expressed that this is Joyce's first series, everyone should give her a chance. TVB has great confidence towards Joyce's acting.

#18 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:34 AM

Here are the Chinese lyrics for the themesong of "Off Pedder" that Joyce sings:

Spoiler

Credits: to sweet-butterfly at tvbsquare forum
http://www.tvbsquare.com/Discuz

#19 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Angela Tong worried about case
Friday December 12, 2008 Hong Kong
Credits: to Selena's Fansource
http://selena.tkn-portrait.net/news/

Posted Image

Preparations are continuing for this year's Tung Wah Charity Performance <姝℃▊婊挎澅鑿?, which will be held this Saturday. Under the watchful eye of their coach, veteran action star Sharon Yeung Pan Pan, a group of beauties including Angela Tong, Selena Li, Nancy Wu, Sire Ma, Vivi Lee and Grace Wong gathered together yesterday at the TVB studios to continue rehearsals for their "Diamond Fund-raising Beauties" act, where they will demonstrate the flexibility of their bodies.

With her drink-driving case still looming, Angela still seemed quite tired, but she was very absorbed into her rehearsals and still pulled off the splits with ease. She said that there are a lot of difficult moves in this routine, so she is forcing herself to focus on the task. She added that although she has a lot of things to worry about at the moment, she did not want to endanger the other ladies by not paying attention. Angela explained that she has not been sleeping very well due to the stress of her case and she wanted to go and visit the injured parties, but she did not know if she was allowed to see them and whether or not this could be seen as interference with the case. As a result, she has asked her assistant to pass on her well-wishes. Angela went on to say that she would like to clarify the situation, but she is not able to discuss the details of the case with the press at the moment.

Joyce Cheng and Dexter Yeung were also rehearsing for their song and dance routine, where they will be performing 12 classic songs. Joyce said that she has not yet decided if she will be singing live for this assignment because it has been scheduled for a later slot and she would prefer to put all her efforts into her dancing on the night. She revealed that her songs will mainly consist of classics by Anita Mui and Leslie Cheung.
Asked if she will be wearing any sexy outfits, Joyce smiled hat she did not want to frighten everyone off. Dexter was asked if he was worried about the steamy dances with Joyce, he smiled that he has known her since they were young, so there is no awkwardness in working together.

#20 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

Source: On.cc
Translated by: Matchbox @ mediachamber.net
If you repost this article you must repost the whole article and no editing.
Thankyou for your co-operation.

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng's acting started off very bad to being acceptable. Netizens praised her acting in the sitcom "Off Pedder" not being as exaggerated as before. Joyce said that she will continue to improve. She also has the chance to sing a series theme song for the second time. Her Fans held boards to support and she was very moved.

#21 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:24 AM

Translated by: aZnangel @ asianuniverse.net/forums/

Gillian Chung's "Very Naive and Stupid" is 2008's Golden Quote

RTHK's "2008 Crisis People Voting" (「晨光第一線2008風雲人物大選」) ended yesterday and the results were released. Gillian Chung who was involved in the sex scandal earlier this year, announced that she was "very naive and stupid", this in which got 23% of the votes making her quote the "Wind & Cloud Golden Line" (風雲金句). As for the Happy Fruit Lydia Shum got 39.8% of the votes in the category of "Wind & Cloud Passed Away Person" (風雲故人). Joseph Lau, Yvonne Lui and Kam Bei were in second place for "Wind & Cloud Pair" (風雲組合). Edison Chen's sex scandal pictures also made a name as it placed in second for "Wind & Cloud Indecent Person" (風雲亵人). Yesterday RTHK posted the results for the voting, Happy Fruit Lydia Shum and Gillian Chung were at the top of the votes.

[*Note: Sorry everyone, I had trouble translating the titles of the voting categories. The "Wind & Cloud" is the literal translation of "fung wan" (風雲)]

Yesterday Hins Cheung and Joyce Cheng were guests at the release of the voting results. Hins felt that the "Golden Line" was a bit embarrassing, as his smile immediately faded. He explains: "Ah Gill is my friend, I didn't know about this Golden Quote voting. In my point of view, I feel that its already the end of the year, don't need to bring up these unhappy things to discuss again."

Edison Chen loses to Taiwan President Chen Shui-Bian

Edison Chen was involved in the sex scandal at the beginning of the year, in the end he made a public apology and announced that he will step away from the Hong Kong Entertainment Circle. It was when he went to the U.S did the situation died down, but turns out that he does not beat Taiwan President Chen Shui-bian (陳水扁)'s corruption. President Chen got 51.1% of the votes for "Wind & Cloud Indecent Person", while Edison recieved 23.8% of the votes.

Joyce: Postively facing the crisis

Joyce Cheng also feels that every person has been wrong before. The most important thing is to try the best, so therefore she did not go online to read about the sex scandal. She said: "They are already very miserable, we shouldn't be looking." When it was announced that Lydia Shum was the "Wind & Cloud Passed Away Person" and when the clips of Lydia's laugh was broadcast, Joyce could not hold in her tears. She thanked everyone for loving her mother, she said: "The whole world has been affected by the financial crisis, but hope that everyone will remember my mom's laughter and become happier to face the crisis."

#22 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

Joyce Cheng puts Lydia's pillow inside a transparent cover
Sunday January 11, 2009 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Joyce Cheng was in "My 2008" the other night, revealing how much she is missing her mother Lydia Shum who died last year. The audience were so touched by her. Joyce recalled the last few months before Lydia died when she was in the hospital. She bursted into tears many times when she was talking about it. Joyce disclosed everytime she visited Lydia in hospital, she held back tears because she didn't want Lydia to see her cry and she didn't want the reporters to see her in tears either. Mother and daughter would discuss her future plan. Lydia wanted Joyce to get married and have children, she also wanted to see Joyce having her first concert. Joyce knew it would be difficult to achieve Lydia's wishes, but nevertheless, they were happy in each others company.

Joyce disclosed that she has kept Lydia's pillow inside a tranparent cover. Everytime when she is missing her mom, she would take the pillow out to smell it. She was crying and said because she is so greedy, she has been taking out the pillow so many times that the smell of her mom's pillow has gone. Joyce went on to say she spent the 2007 Christmas with Lydia and she cooked the Christmas dinner for her. This year she was all on her own without her mother. Her father Adam and some other people had suggested she could spend Christmas with them, but Joyce had turned it down because she didn't want to spoil other people's fun.

Since Joyce entered the entertainment circle, she has been the target for some media's attack and criticism. She thinks there must be some misunderstanding. In fact she has low self-esteen often feels people look down upon her. She stated " I was 226.8 pounds in weight, yet after I have lost a lot of weight, I still feel I am not up to the standard. I have pig's nose, jug-eared, a long body and short legs but people still think I am a show off." When Joyce appeared in "Off Pedder" in the beginning, she faced a lot of bad press and she couldn't understand why? She questioned herself if she had made a wrong choice in her career? Joyce doesn't want to be rich and famous. She reckoned if her mom is still around, she would encourage her to work harder. She stressed "I will do my best to work hard, I hope mom would be pleased to know and she can rest in peace now."

After the "My 2008" programme, there has been a lot of response from the netizen. There were over 100 comments in only a few days. She gets many support from them, saying that they were in tears after they have watched the programme and they would support her too. Some asked people not to make judgment about Joyce, instead they should praise her. This demonstrates that the public is now less critical about her.

Tanslator: dragon888@AVN/AEU

#23 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

Joyce Cheng not particularly excited Mark won the marathon
Tuesday February 10, 2009 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Mark Ryan who won the 10Km marathon is Joyce Cheng's rumored boyfriend. There was report that he had a lot of encouragement to take up marathon running by Lydia Shum. Rumor has it that he was giving his winner cup to Lydia. Another rumor said Joyce had split up with him she didn't know about his race but they are still friends.

Joyce was at TVB studio filming "Off Pedder". Reporter asked her if she was very happy for him? Joyce said she wasn't particularly excited , she said "I only found out when I read the newspaper. I didn't know he had entered in the marathon. A lot of my friends have entered for the race. I am happy for them because the marathon is not about winning, if you can finish the course, that is good enough."xt years

Reporter asked Jotce if she would enter next years marathon with Mark? Joyce said "I can't run, I envy Mark who won the race, I had sent him a text message to congrstulate him." Reporter asked if Mark entered the marathon because of her mom, Joyce replied casually "Don't know, not particularly, I am happy for him as a friend."

Translator:dragon888@AEU/AVN

#24 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:24 AM

Posted Image

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Spoiler

Joyce Cheng with pride, her body figure is OK

Joyce is full of confidence, she expressed that this is the first time working with Jennifer in a fashion show and is not afraid to be compared. She said: "Before there was some nonsense reports about us not getting along. The reality is totally opposite, I am not the girl who will go down the sexy girl route, so I'm not afraid to be compared. Actually when I see some models who have such long pretty legs, I feel a bit inferior! For this catwalk, I purposely lost some weight, each day I would make my own sandwich and bring it to work. I feel that my appearance is pretty ok." She expressed that later she will be a guest performer with her mentor Liu Jia Chang. In the next few days, she will rehearse, "I already called Liu Jia Chang's wife before and asked about his condition, I have full confidence towards my teacher."

#25 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

Translated by: Matchbox @ http://mediachamber.net

Joyce Cheng's bikini becomes a diving suit

Joyce Cheng attended the recording for the programme "大咕窿". Earlier she stated that she would appear in a bikini on the programme however during filming she appeared in a diving suit instead. The reporter asked if she would accept doing a swim wear catwalk show? She said she will decide when someone approaches her. "How much money will I do it for? Money isn't a problem. I must overcome my Psychological barriers first."

#26 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Joyce Cheng gave out carnation flowers on 'Mother's Day"

Joyce Cheng and Myolie Wu attended an event yesterday in the Olympian City for "osim udream mama". A male on looker was rude to Joyce, but she ignored him. Joyce and Myolie were playing a game of who is a good mother and Myolie won the game. They took this opportunity yesterday as it was 'Mother's Day" to give out carnation flowers to all the mothers there. The activity also incorporated with the "Make-A-Wish Foundation" in which a mother was invited to share her grieve and show pictures of her deceased son's work of art.

Reporters asked Joyce after the event about her being insulted by a man. Joyce said "Scared? I didn't hear it and I am not afraid. I am used to it. Everyone has a right to express oneself. I won't be unhappy about it. My job is to sing and if he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to listen to it. Some elders once told me that in this world, it is impossible to please everyone. I just need to do my best and I won't get affected by his remark."

Lydia Shum's Heritage Museum will be opened to the public on 22nd July. Joyce will be donating some of her mother's belongings. She had spent a lot of time and thought into the speech which she will deliver on the day of the opening ceremony. Since she joined the entertainment circle, she has taken part in TV series, singing as well as hosting TV program.

Source:Wenweipo/MingPao(image)
Translator:Hokkien128 @ http://www.asianvn.com

#27 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

Source: Sina.com

Joyce Cheng's new song is a self-encouragement

Last night, Joyce Cheng was filming for the MV of her new song (吃苦的力量). In front of the camera she was playing with a doll while shooting, the scene was very warm. She expressed that she's currently rushing to film the MV so that she can be able to share it with the SiChuan victims on May 12th for the first year memorial day.

Once been looked down on that she can't do it

Joyce performed the song with much feeling, especially earlier when she was filming TVB sitcom "Off Pedder" she experienced many difficulties. First it was because her Chinese wasn't good and then the effort she put into her acting did not pay off, therefore people in the outside world started looking down on her that she can't do it, from the beginning she is just bad, has Joyce thought about why she's doing this then? Chan Suk Fan and her son encourages her to just do her best on her own part. Mrs. Chan gave her the song (吃苦的力量) and showed her that she is better off than the victims in SiChuan.

Will not give up on singing

Asked when she's releasing her album? Joyce said she doesn't know, in the near future she will focus on filming series, but she will definitely not give up on singing. If she has an opportunity she wants to go visit SiChuan and perform her new song for the victims. Mentor Liu Jia Chang heard it yet? She said not yet, but many people had heard it and is very surprised. Her singing has matured.

When Joyce learned that Liza Wang and Law Ka Ying got married, she excitedly said that she's very happy for them and she couldn't believe it. She hopes that when Liza comes back, she will ask her how Law Ka Ying purposed to her, hope that they recorded the proposal and can share it with us all. Joyce felt the the two were very sweet.

Lyrics:
Spoiler

#28 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Lydia Shum's belongings to go on display for 6 months

It will be Lydia Shum's birthday (生忌) on 22nd this month. Her beloved daughter Joyce Cheng wanted to do something to remember her by donating a lot of her belongings to the Hong Kong Heritage Museum. Lydia's belongings will be on display for 6 months from 21st July. Joyce will be attending the opening ceremony for this particular event with a few of Lydia's good friends including Mrs. Chan Suk Fan. In the opening ceremony, relatives and friends will be able to purchase the recycled carrier bags made by Lydia's silk scarves shaped as a happy fruit with printed happy face to commemorate her happy image. 2000 bags will be made, selling at $100 dollar each. Lydia's good friend 娥姐 (Roman Tam's god mother) is sponsoring the whole cost. All the proceed will go to "Hong Kong Children Cancer Foundation". Mrs. Chan estimated that there will be more than 200 people attending the event and most of them are relatives and Lydia's good friends. The invitations will be sent out soon, but if they have missed anybody out, they can contact Ka Ho, Mrs. Chan's son to reissue their invitations because they need the invitation to attend the event. The invited guests will have the privilege to buy the silk scarf recycled bag first, any bags that are not sold will be left for the public to buy the next day.

Source:Takungpao/Wenweipo(image)
Translator:R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

#29 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:30 AM

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng in tears at Lydia Shum's exhibition

Yesterday Joyce Cheng attended Lydia Shum's "Happy Fruit Exhibition" along with Deborah Lai, Connie Chan, Nat Chan and Jacky Cheung. At the opening ceremony, "Lydia's Performing Arts Collection" was used to start the donation ceremony. Many guests attended to share the event and spoke about Lydia's life. When Joyce went on stage to make her speech, clips of her mother was broadcasting behind her, when Joyce saw those images she began tearing up. Afterwards, Joyce expressed that this exhibition went through a year of preparations, she was at the event and saw the clothes that her mother once wore, she felt very emotional. She said: "I was holding onto my mother's belongings and could not help but cry. (Did you invite your dad?) Yes, but he currently in Mainland filming." Also, today is Lydia's day for Chinese offerings. Joyce expressed that she would go Xinyi Fukuyama to honor her mother.

In Taiwan where Adam Cheng is currently filming for a new Taiwanese drama, he was asked about Lydia's exhibition. He expressed: "Back in the day when my mother passed away, I also had to film and was not able to rush back for her funeral. Is this really the time to compare the regretfulness?" He expressed that having entered the industry for so long, he already understands that many times he will have to do some sacrifices for work and has no choice but to give it up. This is inevitable to an artist.

#30 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:33 AM

Joyce Cheng's pregnant look is well welcomed
Wednesday November 4, 2009 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, TVB Artist Blog (images)

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng was recording for <Off Pedder>, she plays a pregnant woman and had to use her hand to lift her stomach, other arm on her waist, walking slowly, protraying her role pretty well. The crew members took pictures with her, her colleagues also teased Joyce's stomach and gently placed their heads on her stomach. The scene was quite funny.

#31 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

Joyce Cheng has lost 10 pounds
Friday December 25, 2009 Hong Kong
Translated by: matchbox @ http://illusive-sere....forumotion.net

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng attended a countdown event and appeared to have lost a lot of weight. She said she successfully lost 10 pounds because an article reported that she had put on some weight. Therefore she insisted to lose weight. She expressed that she spent Christmas Eve working. She doesn't need to work on Christmas day and will spend it at home sleeping.

#32 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:10 AM

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng teased Bosco Wong's long and curly armpit hair

Recently Joyce Cheng has been busy filming for TVB new series <Seven Day Love Isolation> and has lost quite a bit of weight lately. Yesterday she was filming a scene at the pool, she appeared in a sexy swimsuit. In one of the photos Joyce uploaded on her microblog, it shows her enjoying the sunshine by the pool side with Bosco Wong next to her. She teased that Bosco's armpit hair was very curly, rough and long.

Bosco's rumored girlfriend Myolie Wu responded and praised that her body figure was nice. She said: "Whoa sister, you got a hot body figure. The one next to you (Bosco) can step aside!"

#33 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng Successfully Lost Weight, Doesn't Dare To Wear Bikini Yet

Translated by: KAY @ http://kays-entertai...t.blogspot.com/

Joyce Cheng attended to a beauty company Sau San Tong event yesterday. She said: "Sau San Tong has been helping me to lose weight since 2003, from 230lbs to where I'm at now." Asked her current weight? She said: "I never dare to talk about that number. Besides the help from beauty company, I also have to eat according to the meals nutrionists approved, Chinese medicines and do yoga."

Joyce only disclosed when she was the fattest, her waist measurement was 40-inches. Now it's 29-inches and hopes to lose two more inches. To celebrate Joyce successfully lost weight, beauty company boss Shirley Cheung gave her a one-piece swimsuit. Asked why didn't she give bikini? Joyce said: "I can't accept wearing bikini yet, I'm a little shy, I never wear bikini before, only once and it was for fun, and I wore a shirt and shorts underneath. Hope I can accept wearing it in the future."

#34 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng Signs Contract With Record Company, Didn't Ask Father's Opinion

Translated by: KAY @ http://kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Joyce Cheng officially signed Stars Shine International as their artiste and she accepted interview from media. She explained wearing a wedding dress is because she feels artistes signing contracts is just like getting married, it's an uneasy decision. Although Chan Sho Feng has always helped her at work, but she said she doesn't want to bother her forever, so two years ago she approached to the company and finally signed contract yesterday. She said happily: "Acting is my hobby, but singing is my life. I sing all the time, singing brings me happiness."

Asked whether father Adam Cheng gives her any opinion? Joyce said he doesn't know she signed management and record companies, and didn't ask him any opinion the whole time. She said seriously: "I don't know why people always relate things to my dad? When I was 8-months-old, mom and he were already separated, why have to give dad and daughter this much pressure? Always ask whether we see each other, talk, and give me opinion? Fathers are most happy to see daughters grow up, they're assured to let daughters to make decisions and learn."

Isn't afraid Adam would be unhappy to know daughter signed contracts with companies from newspaper? Joyce said: "Don't be silly, I would tell him later of course." Joyce expressed when she gets married in the future, she would definitely tell her father, just doesn't know why everyone cares about them a lot. Reporters said because her last name is "Cheng," Joyce said: "Thank you, I know it, too."

#35 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:24 AM

Joyce Cheng not going down the sexy route in her singing career
Wednesday July 7, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng accepted a radio interview. Speaking of her upcoming schedule, she reveals that she just signed a contract with a record company and hopes to release her debut album within a year. The album will include songs in 3 different languages. Asked if she'll dance to accommodate the songs? She expressed that she has learned dancing with an instructor before, but it's not her most truthful or natural self. Also, she strongly stressed that for the mean time she won't be going down the sexy route. Regarding her relationship with boyfriend Mark Ryan, she frankly said that she won't be talking too much about her relationships, and that her friends are very supportive of her.

#36 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:43 AM

Posted Image

Joyce Cheng quietly mourn Lydia Shum afterlife birthday

Yesterday was the late Lydia Shum's 63rd afterlife birthday on the lunar calender. Yesterday morning, her good friend Florence Chan went up to Fushan to pay respects to her and carefully cleaned Lydia, Roman Tam and "Gor Gor" Leslie Cheung's deceased photos. The staff prepared the paper offerings, pork, abalone, cigarettes and wine. Yesterday Joyce Cheng attended an event with Koni Lui. She expressed that after work she'll be quietly remembering her mother and will tell her: "Don't worry, I love you, Happy Birthday!"

It was said that Joyce is 120 pounds, she admitted that it is the most fit: "I want my body to be thinner, but girls need a curve shape. Also, its not because of my upcoming photo album, I cannot accept wearing bikinis!" Koni Lui showed off her career line and long legs, she said that she has interest in doing a photo album for memories.

#37 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:26 AM

Joyce Cheng Wants Her Body to Be Like Kate Tsui's

Source: Mingpao / Translated by: KAY @ kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Joyce Cheng and Kate Tsui attended to a dance competition in Barbie outfits. Joyce straightened up her chest to perform Barbie Dance. She reminisced when she was little, she collected more than ten Barbie dolls and often changed outfits and hair style, and washed clothes for them. Her most memorable moment is receiving a big box of Barbie Dream House as birthday gift.

Earlier Joyce impersonated Kate Tsui in "Fun With Liza and Gods." She said: "Many friends said my impersonation is more 'Kate Tsui' than the real one. Although I don't understand what they mean, but it's a good thing." Asked whether she wants to lose weight until Kate's thin figure? Joyce expressed if she dance three times a day (morning, afternoon, night), after half of a year she can definitely have a body like Kate's, but she doesn't have the perseverance.

#38 Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

Joyce has a Youtube account =] :

#39 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

Joyce Cheng is cold blooded
Monday October 25, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun

Posted Image

Yesterday Joyce Cheng was in Hollywood Plaza for a large-scale blood donation event. First time donating blood, Joyce felt a tad nervous. Afterwards, she took her bag of blood and asked: "Why is my blood cold?" The staff explained that because the blood needs be kept cool, she joked: "And I thought I was cold blooded!" She reveals that she has done all the preparations beforehand, eating oatmeal as her breakfast. Asked if her breakfast is the rumored abalone and shark fin? She said: "No, I've been trying to lose weight, no breakfast to eat! The doctor said that it's good for my metabolism, that's why I started eating breakfast again."

#40 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,823 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

Joyce Cheng is cold blooded
Monday October 25, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun

Posted Image

Yesterday Joyce Cheng was in Hollywood Plaza for a large-scale blood donation event. First time donating blood, Joyce felt a tad nervous. Afterwards, she took her bag of blood and asked: "Why is my blood cold?" The staff explained that because the blood needs be kept cool, she joked: "And I thought I was cold blooded!" She reveals that she has done all the preparations beforehand, eating oatmeal as her breakfast. Asked if her breakfast is the rumored abalone and shark fin? She said: "No, I've been trying to lose weight, no breakfast to eat! The doctor said that it's good for my metabolism, that's why I started eating breakfast again."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users