AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Are Asian men overprotective of their women?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

Is it true a lot of Asian men resent "outsiders" dating their women?

I tend to get that feeling from a few people.

Edited by Mavericker, 05 July 2008 - 10:46 PM.

#2 Grayson

Grayson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

A good majority of them do think so, but it up to each individual to choose who they want to date. I find Korean men very possesive, controlling and very quick to raise theirs hands. So, resentful no jealousy......... why, they do what their Mum's tell them to do.

Edited by tammiest, 13 August 2008 - 06:14 AM.
Double-Post in one :)

#3 pete98146

pete98146

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

Funny you mention Korean guys as the most protective! True story: I used to work as a in software sales and programming in Asia. I'd occasionally travel to Seoul for business.

This one time, I was travelling from the airport to my hotel downtown and the rather rude cab driver was making small talk and he turned to me and asked me, "you don't have a Korean girlfriend do you???" in a tone that if I said yes he'd jump into the back seat and start beating me.

I told him that I have 5 Korean girlfriends....lol. He wasn't amused in the least bit with my answer.

So, yes they can be extremely protective.

#4 Lynn_EunJae

Lynn_EunJae

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:27 PM

I find Korean men very possesive, controlling and very quick to raise theirs hands.

ugh.... :thumbdown that sounds like my ex-bf, except he didn't raise his hand at me, or else I probably would've killed him. <_<
anways lol.....
I think it just depends, my dad lets my mom do watever she wants, she'll tell him that someone else is cuter than him but he's always like "you'll never find anyone else better than me ^__^", on the other hand, my uncle (dad's brother) and my cousin (his son) are SUPER SUPER OVER-PROTECTIVE. Won't let their wives out of their sight and get jealous at every lilo thing.

#5 girlygirl

girlygirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

i think so lol...i hear a lot of guys complaining about guys 'stealing' their women..but apparently the other way rond is fine lol
oh and my bf is very protective over me..but thats another story i guess..but generally yeh..asian men are more protective

#6 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:59 PM

i think so lol...i hear a lot of guys complaining about guys 'stealing' their women..but apparently the other way rond is fine lol
oh and my bf is very protective over me..but thats another story i guess..but generally yeh..asian men are more protective

If a non-Asian is dating an Asian do the Asian males try to fight the non-Asian?

#7 Kwok Jing

Kwok Jing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

If a non-Asian is dating an Asian do the Asian males try to fight the non-Asian?

Of course not. It is a decision for each individual to make... We are for wrong and right, not black and white like the black community and leaders... However, most asian girls wouldn't want to be with black guys though, they do not want to become a single mother and raise the kid(s) by themself like nearly 70% of black women...

#8 Grayson

Grayson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

Of course not. It is a decision for each individual to make... We are for wrong and right, not black and white like the black community and leaders... However, most asian girls wouldn't want to be with black guys though, they do not want to become a single mother and raise the kid(s) by themself like nearly 70% of black women...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Kwok Jing: In mostly all your responses when it comes to race relations your response to black and its populus single parent gig is always the same; young black girls get preggie, no father etc etc.

I am not defending that kind of immorality, to each their own, that life style is not for me, I believe in education and become someone of importance in this world. But you fail to also give the other side. Asians, they who have unwanted pregancy the child is sent back to there countries, or granny raises them, or is give to the father to be raised, this is more rampant so you have to give both sides not a one sided comment about the erosion of young black men/women you have to be fair.

For an asian having a child out of wedlock minimizes their chance of finding that rich man to better themselves, and to show off how much money you have.

#9 Pinoy boy

Pinoy boy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:40 AM

Yeah I'm on the consensus that over protective easily jealous mean are part of every race. It isn't a cultural think more like a "I don't trust my wife/girlfriend that well."

#10 Celest

Celest

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:44 AM

I believe different people have different personalities. It probably just so happens that most of the Asian men are like that. I am not sure about this but I can tell you for sure not only Asian men do. I do think it's a selfish way of doing this, though. What's history, is history. Why break up with your partner if you can't bear to see other men dating your ex? <_<

Edited by Celest, 12 July 2008 - 04:45 AM.

#11 jpwwong

jpwwong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

yes i guess? being an Asian man myself, i wont like it if my girl were to flirt with some guy...infact i will get very jealous!

#12 VibeDaddy

VibeDaddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

It's only some Asian guys, and I think they are a little justified. At the same time, you can say the same thing about other ethnic groups. Some White guys get bent out of shape whenever a Black dude dates a fine white woman.

#13 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

yes i guess? being an Asian man myself, i wont like it if my girl were to flirt with some guy...infact i will get very jealous!

Well yes-if she was YOURS you'd be justified.

What I meant was would you be jealous if other Asian girls you knew were dating non-Asian men?

#14 glk

glk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

most guys would b protective coz they dont want others 2 touch there girls n i think its normal n alot of girls r the same as well

#15 anechoic

anechoic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

i think maybe certain Asian mans act like that...but its true we see more non-asian men start dating asian women lately..

#16 heartxlove

heartxlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

I think that Asian men are protective because marriage isn't just something you can bind and break. I mean there are people who get divorced and what not, but I feel that Asian men have better sense of self-right than other men. A self-right Asian man would not hit a woman not matter what circumstances. And I know that there are Asian men who would hit a woman, but I'm just saying in my opinion. My family is Chinese, and as an Asian man my dad knows that he has protect his family. I think that most of them are over protective because its their job. If put in a situation where the whole entire family is at cost, the man would most likely put himself out to save the rest of the family.

#17 M@ya15

M@ya15

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:30 AM

hmm...interesting topic, i never really noticed to be honest :s
but then again i'm also a girl so yeah i don't really know...
but i think maybe it's a cultural thing, like with Koreans and the example given (above about the taxi driver) i can see that happening, i mean it could be that some Asians are less accepting of non-Asians. I think my dad would be overprotective over something like this. My parents wouldn't like me to go out with someone who's non-asian (i know coz they said so right in my face -_-" but to be honest it's kinda hard not to when you like in a Western Country lol), but to be honest that's from a parents POV. so i can't really say that's why...

#18 jokwon

jokwon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

sometimes overprotective is kinda romantic in my opinion :)

#19 rambutan.lucy

rambutan.lucy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

sometimes overprotective is kinda romantic in my opinion :)

I have a different perspective. A man becomes "overprotective" if he views women as inferior to/ weaker than them and as objects. Also, an Asian man who doesn't like to see an Asian girl dating a white guy usually is insecure. Because he thinks the girl thinks Asian men are inferior (in looks, manners, personality, whatever).

#20 ♥ InitialE

♥ InitialE

fields of gold.

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

Ahem... I don't mind if my boyfriend is protective of me. Makes me feel safe :P
Just as long as he's not OVERLY so though. It would get frustrating.

#21 Annjhelica

Annjhelica

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

in my personal experience, i think asian guys were more protective that non-asians.. :) and i like it!!

#22 lilovanggirl

lilovanggirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

i think that it is the case with most guys be they asian or not, but i think that for some it's more of a possessiveness than being overportective.

#23 shiroyuki

shiroyuki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

i think it's part of asian's education?
i don't know about the others, but i can feel that guys around me (like my schoolmates) tend to step aside for girls in many situations and offers help when a girl needs it
especially in things where girls are weak at, like carrying heavy stuffs etc
eventhough they're not close in relationship
sometimes they say things like 'you're a girl, it's a man's job to do this!" or something like that

but i admit some of them can be too overprotective, or possessive is a more proper word ^^

#24 muta

muta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Protective of them from creepy men who make dozens of thread about Asian women.

#25 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

<br />I have a different perspective. A man becomes "overprotective" if he views women as inferior to/ weaker than them and as objects. Also, an Asian man who doesn't like to see an Asian girl dating a white guy usually is insecure. Because he thinks the girl thinks Asian men are inferior (in looks, manners, personality, whatever).<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Some guys are like that, but not everyone. It depends what he thinks she can handle or not, and if he feels he can trust her, whether for her own safety or whatever the situation is. For example, once I saw this little girl, smaller than me, trying to carry a whole load of cereal boxes in her arms. It's like "whoa, take it easy, don't strain yourself". Don't overdo it. It's just looking out for her

Whether it's about people or certain situations, it's just looking out for them. Sometimes people are paranoid, but at least it shows you care. Sometimes people are paranoid, so I won't speak for others, unless in specific. I wouldn't say I'm being overprotective or possessive, as much as just concerned.

if it's someone I don't know, and she's going out with another guy, no matter what race ... that's up to her. In general, I don't get jealous over that. Plenty of girls out there. Just because she's Asian, doesn't even mean I'm always attracted or jealous

If it's a girl I personally know, whether she's a friend or someone I really like, then I would just be looking out for her

I don't care if Mavericker or whoever wants Asian girls. I can't speak for all Asians, but I'm getting really tired of all this black this and that, about Asians. I DON'T care if you like Asian girls, that's fine. I just think your threads are excessive and a bit ignorant at times.

What I'm gonna say is that this, especially in my experience, does NOT justify any ignorance from blacks, whether it be here at AF
OR outside. I'm fed up of trolls, I'm fed up of stupid posts and ignorant behaviour, whether on the Internet or outside. All I'm saying to people in general is stop saying stupid things (whether it be offending or just ridiculous) and stop being so damn insecure or bias.
Maybe there are some cases where "prejudice" is real, but other than that, PLEASE just be normal and stop acting "different" just because we're Asian. Any normal person with a sense of good manners doesn't need to be told that

Maybe in general, many blacks, whites and Asians probably have different social expectations. All I know is what I expect of people, unless I get to know them more

the only other thing to say is that some Asians are shy, quiet or reserved ... but so what? maybe a little awkward or conservative but I wouldn't say they're bad people. at least I don't assume someone is a bad person just for being quiet or shy. I'm not saying it's bad to be social, but some people overdo their criticism. They may not be the most social, but there are worse people out there. I don't go out there expecting everyone to act like my "best friend", as long as they're AT LEAST mature, polite and show respect. You can't force people to be your friend, you gotta earn it, and those are the basics to start.

if you can't even say hi yourself and open more, then don't say anything

#26 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

<br /><br /><br />

Some guys are like that, but not everyone. It depends what he thinks she can handle or not, and if he feels he can trust her, whether for her own safety or whatever the situation is. For example, once I saw this little girl, smaller than me, trying to carry a whole load of cereal boxes in her arms. It's like "whoa, take it easy, don't strain yourself". Don't overdo it. It's just looking out for her

Whether it's about people or certain situations, it's just looking out for them. Sometimes people are paranoid, but at least it shows you care. Sometimes people are paranoid, so I won't speak for others, unless in specific. I wouldn't say I'm being overprotective or possessive, as much as just concerned.

if it's someone I don't know, and she's going out with another guy, no matter what race ... that's up to her. In general, I don't get jealous over that. Plenty of girls out there. Just because she's Asian, doesn't even mean I'm always attracted or jealous

If it's a girl I personally know, whether she's a friend or someone I really like, then I would just be looking out for her

I don't care if Mavericker or whoever wants Asian girls. I can't speak for all Asians, but I'm getting really tired of all this black this and that, about Asians. I DON'T care if you like Asian girls, that's fine. I just think your threads are excessive and a bit ignorant at times.

What I'm gonna say is that this, especially in my experience, does NOT justify any ignorance from blacks, whether it be here at AF
OR outside. I'm fed up of trolls, I'm fed up of stupid posts and ignorant behaviour, whether on the Internet or outside. All I'm saying to people in general is stop saying stupid things (whether it be offending or just ridiculous) and stop being so damn insecure or bias.
Maybe there are some cases where "prejudice" is real, but other than that, PLEASE just be normal and stop acting "different" just because we're Asian. Any normal person with a sense of good manners doesn't need to be told that

Maybe in general, many blacks, whites and Asians probably have different social expectations. All I know is what I expect of people, unless I get to know them more

the only other thing to say is that some Asians are shy, quiet or reserved ... but so what? maybe a little awkward or conservative but I wouldn't say they're bad people. at least I don't assume someone is a bad person just for being quiet or shy. I'm not saying it's bad to be social, but some people overdo their criticism. They may not be the most social, but there are worse people out there. I don't go out there expecting everyone to act like my "best friend", as long as they're AT LEAST mature, polite and show respect. You can't force people to be your friend, you gotta earn it, and those are the basics to start.

if you can't even say hi yourself and open more, then don't say anything

I think overprotectiveness stems from ignorance and prejudice.

#27 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

I think overprotectiveness stems from ignorance and prejudice.

LOL what.
I think it stems from insecurity.

#28 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

LOL what.
I think it stems from insecurity.

Did you ever see the movie Karate Kid II? The hero of the story goes to Japan to compete in a fighting tournament. He meets a cute Japanese girl who likes him and these Japanese thugs were antagonizing him because he was an American.

#29 Synthe

Synthe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

Did you ever see the movie Karate Kid II? The hero of the story goes to Japan to compete in a fighting tournament. He meets a cute Japanese girl who likes him and these Japanese thugs were antagonizing him because he was an American.

Did you watch the OJ simpson trial? The hero of the story was trying to catch his wife cheating and the Whitepower base was antagonizing him because he was black.

#30 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:45 AM

Did you watch the OJ simpson trial? The hero of the story was trying to catch his wife cheating and the Whitepower base was antagonizing him because he was black.

RIght-they were mad that a black man knew how to use the system to his advantage- but what does that have to do with the topic?

#31 Synthe

Synthe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

RIght-they were mad that a black man knew how to use the system to his advantage- but what does that have to do with the topic?

Right not RIght ,my dear watson.

#32 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

Note I said I don't care if I don't know her. She can go out with whoever she wants.   I never said anything about, or relating to, prejudice or ignorance.

Is it wrong if I'm simply concerned for her? It depends on (what I think of) the situation and anyone in it

Edited by Goldencarp, 29 January 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#33 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

I just realize that you have been making these black-asian relationship threads for the past 2.5 years... have you learned nothing since then?!?!?!

#34 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

Is it overprotective if I would tell a girl that she should NOT invite her bf over when she's sick? Especially when the idiot got sick himself ... pretty stupid of him. Is it overprotective when I don't want to get sick for my own sake ... and that some idiot "encouraged" the possibility that I got sick? WHETHER he intended or not Is it overprotective that I "went out of my way" to go out and get something for my sister (because she was sick), made a drink for my sister a few days ago to get better, from being sick, for her own health sake? She may still be sick ... but I also drank it and I seem to be doing better. I prepared it in the same way and already drank a few times. Obviously one wasn't enough for her

#35 muta

muta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

What does the Karate Kid movie have to do with this thread?

#36 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

<br />

High school is not personal. its considered a fact.

<br />

<br /><br /><br />

who the f--- here has ever asked that question on a forum, in public? NO ONE, NOT THAT I'VE EVER SEEN

Since when does everyone have to tell you what high school they went to??? Why? because you have a habit of going on Facebook to find out what school someone went to? SINCE WHEN is this piece of information "not considered personal?"

No one is obligated to say what high school, or any school, for that matter ... that they went to. No one is obligated to answer that,
especially if it's not relevant to anything. If it's not even relevant to anything, why ask??? So unless it is, no one has to tell you

You can ask someone, or happen to see it on Facebook IF it's there, but they're not obligated to say so. So many people these days feel "entitled" to find out every little thing, EVEN WHEN something is NOT important or relevant in ANY way. In MY belief, it is NOT common courtesy to do such things. If someone has been a rather good friend after a while, or if some kind of actual "relationship" has been established between you and that someone, then MAYBE. Even so, it's up to that person IF they decide to share such things.
Most people don't go around up to strangers and just suddenly ask things that are so personal. There are some people who don't mind, but they're usually people who are quite open and more proud of what school they went to.

example: someone who went to Harvard or some fancy ass school with a high reputation

I can ask someone the same question ... what school did you go to? in a casual manner, but even I don't do that on a forum.
Plus, I wouldn't typically ask them why they don't wanna say. they're just not comfortable about it. there's no need to be paranoid,
I don't typically "need to know", the only reason I would usually ever ask is out of taking an interest in the person. I would understand we're new to each other and if they're not comfortable to say, then it's okay. it's not a big deal

#37 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

What does the Karate Kid movie have to do with this thread?

In Karate Kid Part II the hero goes to Japan along with his Japanese teacher to go and train and compete in a fighting tournament. He meets a nice Japanese girl who liked him- the thugs resented a white American male associating with that girl. I think the girl was one of the thugs' sister.

#38 Kwok Jing

Kwok Jing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hey Mavericker, if you are american and into asian girls, then you can find one easily here: http://www.chnlove.asia/
Good luck to you.

#39 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

I always see links to date Chinese girls on Youtube

#40 a_friendly_constellation

a_friendly_constellation

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:19 AM

Funny you mention Korean guys as the most protective! True story: I used to work as a in software sales and programming in Asia. I'd occasionally travel to Seoul for business.

This one time, I was travelling from the airport to my hotel downtown and the rather rude cab driver was making small talk and he turned to me and asked me, "you don't have a Korean girlfriend do you???" in a tone that if I said yes he'd jump into the back seat and start beating me.

I told him that I have 5 Korean girlfriends....lol. He wasn't amused in the least bit with my answer.

So, yes they can be extremely protective.

:lmao: very funny story!
i think not only guys are overprotective... women too..