AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

How long can you stay mad at someone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 highway69

highway69

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

How can some people can stay mad for so long? There is one time I say something wrong to this girl, she was mad and didn't answer my phone calls, blocked me on social network, avoided me on any friend's events, and didn't accept my apologies till three months later. Why take them so long?

What is the longest that someone got mad at you?

#2 Artificial Sweetener

Artificial Sweetener

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:19 PM

Depends what they did, and who said it and if they apologize or did anything to make up for it.

What did you say exactly? 3 months is pretty long. I usually can't stay mad at people for too long, I'd either get really really angry...for like a day or something then forget about it. Unless it was something really bad.

#3 i LOVE BL !.

i LOVE BL !.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:16 AM

It depends on what happened and how bad it was. Also, I take into consideration if I even care for the person or not. I don't like to hold grudges so usually I forget about it in a day. But people are different. I had a fallout with a long time friend and we ended up screaming at each other at her house in the morning, haha. I apologized within a few days on my part and she held a grudge for quite a while.

#4 hyuk_berry

hyuk_berry

silver-은-perfection

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2053 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:44 AM

Wow what did you say? that must've really gotten her angry if she was mad for that long.
I've only held a grudge once and that was for maybe 3 weeks. but he was holding the same grudge against me. :whistle
One of my old friends is still holding a grudge against me and it's been years. I guess u can't even call that a grudge anymore, it's more like ex-friends. ^_^*

Edited by 은혁+비셔, 17 July 2008 - 12:44 AM.

#5 ksuna

ksuna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

For me, I can't be mad about someone less than 2-3 days,but when someone make me really angry it could take like a year XD.( it's really rare that happend to me):P

#6 Guest_Seranyx_*

Guest_Seranyx_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

From my current record... a few hours at most. Even then, it must mean that I'm very, very mad. Otherwise, for the small things, 2 minutes. xD I get over things quickly.

I had a friend who had a grudge against me for 1.5 years... although I think it was more like... she was mad at me for 6 months and then for the next year, she didn't know how to approach me because of her pride. She isn't the type of person who would give in / admit that she was wrong easily.

#7 iLySUKIxD

iLySUKIxD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:05 AM

hmmm the longest is about around 1 week(something very serious). I usually mad at someone for less than 1 hour or a day and i started to talk to them and acted like nothing happened. My mommy thinks girls that have a good personality are very good, i think being mad at someone is very dumb since you are making yourself suffer but the other person that you're mad of. Since life is short we shouldn't be blind of being mad but loving people around us. We should live in a life where we are fulfilled with happiness and love. Case who knows what will happen on the next day.

#8 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:23 AM

I've been mad at my cousins for about 6 years now.. mind you we still live together. Havent said anything at them at all for 6 straight years.. maybe a few small talks but thats it.

#9 Zero Regret

Zero Regret

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

I've been mad at this girl since like last year and I'm not about to let up. See the thing was... she told me she was single and then she picked up a bf just before and didn't say anything to me.

#10 ednawlee

ednawlee

WrInKLY OLd ChInEsE GuY

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

only two reson first she love u so much second she doesnt like u at all

#11 jasmen

jasmen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Some people just generally have issues with letting go, getting over it, making a big deal, ect. I use to never give people second chances because my theory was they would think that if you forgave them the first time they did, you'll forgive them the second time too.

But as I grew older, I slowly learnt to be more forgiving and carefree. Why waste your time staying mad at someone? I seem to have problems with forgiving people for what they do but I never take insults seriously, I always laugh it off because it's just not worth getting worked up over it.

But like everyone else said, it really does depend on what you did/said.

#12 Zero Regret

Zero Regret

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:04 AM

Some people are just stubborn like myself... I can stay mad forever if I have to. If I truly think I'm there's almost no going back on it.

#13 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:56 AM

hm thats a good question.
well it depends on what they did to make me mad. if they are just being stupid then i would get mad for that moment and then move on with life 30 mins of so later.
but if they did something to actually hurt me emotionally or physically then i will keep grudges and comes back around to hurt them back. but once i am even im done with being mad too -_-

#14 me12

me12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

When I was younger I would say that I was more of a grudge holder (mad for weeks and sometimes months). These days, the longest I stay mad is a few days.
I guess it also depends on what they have done. I am actually still not talking to someone (from 8 years ago)

#15 Miss.Understand

Miss.Understand

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

If it's a little problem, then I'd forgive them if they make me laugh [haha so simple] :D

But if it's a big problem, it'll be like... forever? If they're lucky I might forgive them.

#16 xoxokaWaiioxox

xoxokaWaiioxox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:28 AM

For me it is really hard to stay mad for like a very long time I can't take it. :) But there was this time when my bro and I got a fight it took like a month before it was all settle. I don't know what drives these people to be mad for a very long time it might be that their PRIDE is as long as their PRIDE. Nyahahaha.

#17 snowdropz

snowdropz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:30 AM

depends what they did to me, but longest i stayed mad at someone was around 1-2 days, it was an argument over something with a friend, but we didnt start talking until the week after cuz i didn't really know how to ''break the ice''...

#18 Celest

Celest

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Let's just say... I am a really short-tempered person. Whatever you do, betray me, lie to me.. hurt me.. etc, I will get very heated up. However, my temper contracts even before the next morning arises. I can't say for the same if this person is a serial killer who murdered my family members or did something really unforgivable. Hopefully, I won't be that 'lucky'. Your friend had probably forgave you a long time ago(I don't think anyone can stay that mad for such a long period of time)but like the above poster, she doesn't know how to 'break the ice'.

But well, glad that the both of you had patch up.
Be more cautious with your words next time! Remember to think twice before speaking! B)

Edited by Celest, 21 July 2008 - 03:42 PM.

#19 FadeIntoViolence

FadeIntoViolence

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

I don't hold grudges. If my girlfriend does something that I find unacceptable, I find a way to remedy the situation. If nothing can be fixed, then I break it off and find someone better. I'm a pragmatist. There is no use in prolonging a damaging relationship or pouring forth an unnecessary amount of emotions into a matter that is just ridiculous.

#20 iireney

iireney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

I cant ever be mad for long. the longest maybe 5 hours. then I forgive and return to being happy. :D :D

#21 zeroshock

zeroshock

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:26 AM

hmm not long if you dont see that person in a long time.........just like in highschool....there are prolly ppl you dont like, but a few years down teh road and you see the same ppl, you'd prolly have a neutral feeling towards them

#22 KFCBOY

KFCBOY

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

2 years. One and only that person (other wise a day?). He did an unforgivable action. After a year or so, i shoved him out of my life. If anybody mentions him i just dont' say anything....

talk about a massive grudge..

Edited by KFCBOY, 23 July 2008 - 06:58 AM.

#23 doraemon1188

doraemon1188

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

i don't realli make ppl mad..it's mostly they make me mad...esp they're guys..dat joke about stuff or jus take things too far...n i jus go mad at them..cos they don't watch wen speakin..and offend me in some kind of way or jus bein such a pain...i say about 3 or 4 months for me...

#24 lesfemmesfatales

lesfemmesfatales

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

How can some people can stay mad for so long? There is one time I say something wrong to this girl, she was mad and didn't answer my phone calls, blocked me on social network, avoided me on any friend's events, and didn't accept my apologies till three months later. Why take them so long?

What is the longest that someone got mad at you?

i can stay mad for a long time if i dont really care about the person. i can end all ties if i wanted to and not really care. but as for my bf, i like him, so the longest i have stayed mad at him was 3-4 days.. i wanted to make it longer but it is kind of hard to when you need to get 'some' if you know what i mean.

#25 Guest_nelson_*

Guest_nelson_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

Depends what they did, i think being mad at someone is very dumb since you are making yourself suffer but the other person that you're mad of. But people are different One of my old friends is still holding a grudge against me and it's been years.

Edited by Lena ♥, 25 July 2008 - 02:16 PM.
not allowed to advertise websites

#26 smash901

smash901

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

a few hours? :/ lol

after that im not mad...just frustrated.

lol. always think back to what my parents taught me --- "there's no point in staying mad at someone because while you're here being mad, the person who you're being mad at doesn't feel anything at all. So why waste your energy when it's not going to affect him/her?"

#27 Kelsx

Kelsx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

Lol i think it really ranges a lot depending on the situation and the person... I had an arguement and she was in a mood with for a week. lol but for me the longest ive probably ever been angry with is like max 20-30 mins lol. I change quite fast! XP Fastest has probably been like 5 mins, when having an arguement with my sis. But to be honest I haven't had anything major in my life to make me really angry.

#28 pooh_tau

pooh_tau

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:12 AM

i dont think i can stay mad at someone that long...
like even if i'm mad i'll bug the person....
so probably like an hour or so....then i wont be mad anymore....even if i was really angry b4..
i think it's hard to stay mad at ppl for longer than that

#29 Lotuswaterlily

Lotuswaterlily

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

if that girl is mad iwth u for 3 months, it is not worth u continuing that relationship with her. If she likes u you would have heard from her by now, forget about her, find somebody else, don't waste your time

#30 pennyoonly

pennyoonly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:13 AM

i once got mad at my friend for like a year. but as for relations i find myself not able to stay mad at my other half for more than a week. but if something happen like cheating i'll jsut break it off. being mad isn't even a choice anymore.

#31 pk1984

pk1984

Justin

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

i can be mad for about 2 years then i just won't remember what have happened. and also being mad is just a small thing, if they would just say sorry then i won't be mad its about getting my gf, while i am with her...friends are really bad to me lol

#32 Guest_LovelyHairHigh_*

Guest_LovelyHairHigh_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

I am not necessary mad anymore but I still dont want to continue contact because if she/he once has said/done something so bad she/he will do it again.

I can go like that years. I dont talk to my uncles, not even say hello when we see on our family meetings.

#33 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

Not long, Lifes too short to be unhappy.

He knows where I am, if he doesn't contact me, then its his loss! Posted Image

#34 Tokyokirei

Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

I generally don't stay mad that long. I get over it within a maximum of a few days. However, some people I know have stayed mad at me for seven years so far already, lol.

#35 p@rty

p@rty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

My tolerance threshold is very high. However when it is touched, you cannot U-turn anymore. I don’t want to set myself to any disappointment and abuse anymore. I don’t want to constantly compare myself with other girls. I hope he can move on and forget me cleanly. I just want a simple relationship and love. No doubt he has many young and tender fishes to choose from and forgetting an old, fat dead fish should be a piece of cake for him. Bless take care!

#36 Ashurao

Ashurao

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

When someone annoyed me, I put them out of my "important" memory into "recycle" memory. Meaning, who??? Dunno, don't care.

But I do have some people I HATE. Best-friend who slept with my girlfriend. Father who slept with my other girlfriend. Mother who threw me out when I was a baby. And a few more. I forgave them all. Dunno don't care. But recently one added to the list, and I quickly found peace after forgiving her, and now dunno don't care.

:)