Jump to content

AF needs funding again

- - - - -

[TVB] Lofty Waters Verdant Bow 雲海玉弓緣 (2002)


255 replies to this topic

#41 Axerine

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:46 PM

Decided to catch this show because of Eternal Happiness and the good reviews about it...Got me hooked!!! Michelle is great! Love her character and looking forward to see her with Raymond..and he looks good as well..more handsome than EH haha...THUMBS UP!!

#42 sinnervodka

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:06 PM

i'm impressed with michelle's performance, never thought she can act so well. But i prefer her wearing the man's outfit!

she potray the character very well...smart and cute!

#43 Cherikku

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:08 PM

I didnt really like this series. Ive watched from 1-5...I didnt like raymond's costume [with long untied hair] ; it made it look like a begger.

#44 blueblossom

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:50 PM

I thought that this movie was really sad. It's a pity that the main guy in the story didn't realize how important the girl is to him until she died. I heard that there was another version of this movie made many years ago and the ending was a happy one, the girl got poisoned but she awakens and they lived happily together. Why can't this one be like that?

#45 persimon_pg

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:02 PM

After enjoying "Eternal Happiness", I like to see Raymond and Michelle as a couple again. I like this series but not the ending even though it was a bitter sweet finish to the story. Raymond's character was quite naive, having being brought up on a lonely island and did not appreciate the"rough diamond" of Michelle's character...out spoken, direct ( ie calling a spade a spade), compared to gentle softly spoken Raini's character. I like to think that he discovered that he loved Michelle at the end.

#46 Oompa Loompa Boo!

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:42 AM

JT*el, on Mar 12 2004 8 21 AM, said:

i think this show sucks esp. with rain....she can't act. and i don't like raymond i think he's sucha louis koo wannabe but michelle ye is ok....overall i don't like this show i find it very boring....i fell asleep so many times during the series and there's no good actor and actresses in it. poor thing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


I agree that raymond is trying to mirror Louis Koo, I remember in Golden Faith there was a scene which he imitated Louis' actions. Anywayz, back to the series, this series seems to be a desperate blend of the condor heores and "bik huet gim". Terrible show overall, although I don't mind Michelle Ye and Fiona Yuen, they were fine.

#47

  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:22 AM

elitekat, on Sep 26 2004 6 18 AM, said:

Honestly,  who does Ray really love? Rain or Michelle?  At the end when Michelle dies, does he finally realize that he actually loves Michelle or because he felt guilty? 

I cry everytime I see the ending.  She sacrifices herself just to keep him safe and he doesn't even realizes it until the very end.  I always tear up with unrequited or sad endings.  I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



i think he does it out of guilt almost. because really he loves rain or so it seems. but the "goodness" in him doesn't allow him to abandon someone who gave up her life for him.

#48 chanckl

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:18 AM

i really liked this seires.....ray is such a good actor....
i could watch the ending time and time but everytime i would still cry because its so touching...and i also really like Michelle's acting in this show... clapclap
One thing i didn't like to much in the show was rain li...didn't really enjoy watching her act.....i hope i don't ofend anyone by saying that

#49 lele

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:31 AM

liked the movie just wish they casted someone other than rain

#50 rumikochan

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:53 AM

I'd like to think that in the end Raymonds does love Michelle more instead of feeling guilty. That would ruin the whole serie for me if he feels guilty :down

Edited by Nikki, 28 September 2004 - 11:30 PM.


#51 tingting

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:21 PM

i like this series ... lam fung's pretty cool in it i think ...
but yeah, sad ending

#52

  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:57 PM

i've only watched bout 2 episodes of this drama, couldnt download entirely the drama. :down but i went to read the novel because i wanted to know what happens. the original ending and the drama's ending is the same, with michelle's character dying in raymond's arms and in the book, he realises that michelle is like a shadow to him, he cannot be separated from her and that he loves her a lot.
the novel ends with him in front of her grave and regretting.

however! there's a sequel to this novel but it has him ending up with rain lee's character after many many years.

#53 kongps82

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:14 PM

There is so many loop holes in this series. Shaolin is famous for their 72 excellent kung fu skill and yet the monk is just like a statue there while the young generation look more wise and intellegent in kung fu and mind also.

#54 rumikochan

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:32 PM

kit13486, on Sep 27 2004 5 57 PM, said:

i've only watched bout 2 episodes of this drama, couldnt download entirely the drama.  :down  but i went to read the novel because i wanted to know what happens. the original ending and the drama's ending is the same, with michelle's character dying in raymond's arms and in the book, he realises that michelle is like a shadow to him, he cannot be separated from her and that he loves her a lot.
the novel ends with him in front of her grave and regretting.

however! there's a sequel to this novel but it has him ending up with rain lee's character after many many years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>



oh really? No no, don't like the sequel ending...I rather him being alone than go with Rain Li's character :noclue

#55 Axerine

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:07 AM

A memorable series with a unforgettable ending..I cried buckets during the ending scene...it so sad that Raymond only realises how deep Michelle loves him..the background music is so sappy!!! I would never forget the ending scene..it just keeps replaying in my mind...

#56

  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2004 - 11:36 AM

SO sad because Michelle died..she shouldn't have.....what a waste or else we can have a sequel..

#57 B1ueRose

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, I thought the scene where Michelle died was sad too....but I'm glad that Ray didn't end up with Rain....

#58 rinoa89

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:15 PM

this movie was okay, but the ending was really good..and sad =(

#59 missyou4ever89

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:28 PM

i dont like ends of series... why michelle died... i'm so boring about that....

#60 kongps82

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 10:00 PM

missyou4ever89, on Oct 3 2004 4 28 PM, said:

i dont like ends of series... why michelle died... i'm so boring about that....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Until know, i still don understand why michelle wan to commit suicide. is it because she feel quilty about killing so many people?

#61

  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

didn't really like this series. the plot wasn't that good.

#62 hataz_Z

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:18 AM

I agree with B1ueRose.

It seemed like he was going to end up with Rain and that's what I expected and that pissed me off.

Surprisingly, Michelle dies (really sad) and he rides off in a raft with her body.

Yes!! He didn't end up with Rain!

#63 kongps82

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:14 AM

the ending is really sad. anyway the beginning of the story is really funny with ray and michelle.

#64 MRDragon

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:57 AM

kongps82, on Oct 4 2004 2 00 PM, said:

Until know, i still don understand why michelle wan to commit suicide. is it because she feel quilty about killing so many people?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


she didn't really commit suicide...she just wished to die
anyways, i personally think she didn't want to die at first (to be with raymond because the master has her under his control wherever she is + the master wanted raymonds head)..but to kill her boss/master she needed to use the special move in order to do it, but it requires her life in return

i was happy raymond didn't end up with rain..that would be so F'd up if he did..and if it weren't for rain, i dont think michelle would've died (if u think about it, im sorta right lol..)

#65 gossip80

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:46 AM

MRDragon, on Oct 4 2004 9 57 PM, said:

she didn't really commit suicide...she just wished to die
anyways, i personally think she didn't want to die at first (to be with raymond because the master has her under his control wherever she is + the master wanted raymonds head)..but to kill her boss/master she needed to use the special move in order to do it, but it requires her life in return

i was happy raymond didn't end up with rain..that would be so F'd up if he did..and if it weren't for rain, i dont think michelle would've died (if u think about it, im sorta right lol..)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


i thought michelle gave her life up for raymond, because her master wanted raymond to die and he had already learned almost all of the steps of the kung-fu and because michelle loved raymond, she was willing to die for him, regardless whether or not he loved her back and how he felt about her or rain, so she learned the last step of the kung-fu to kill her master for raymond, to ensure that he would live

so it's not that she wanted to die, but she died in place of raymond, cause it was either her or him, and she didn't die for rain either, unless you're thinking that if rain didn't come in the picture, michelle and raymond might have had a chance...

#66 aznbaybii

    *YEAH BABY!!!*

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:56 PM

watz da chinese name ov diz show...i fink i hav watchd it but i think i havnt.

= =".....is it gud??

but it has Michelle and Raymond ^^ i fink it'll b gud ^^

#67 Little_Purple_Bell

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:24 AM

aznbaybii, on Oct 6 2004 4 56 PM, said:

watz da chinese name ov diz show...i fink i hav watchd it but i think i havnt.

= =".....is it gud??

but it has Michelle and Raymond ^^ i fink it'll b gud ^^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


This show is called Wan Hoi Yuk Gung Yuen 云海玉弓缘 in chinese.

#68 kongps82

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:22 PM

Little_Purple_Bell, on Oct 10 2004 6 24 AM, said:

This show is called Wan Hoi Yuk Gung Yuen 云海玉弓缘 in chinese.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


What is the transalation in english? is it match the english title for this series as i don find any relevant to the english title to this series.

#69

  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:06 PM

I love Raymond, but the setting is not making sense. Based on the way other character dress, they were in the time of the Manchuria, but how come Raymond not braid his hair and the way he dress was not right either. Also, he fly too much and do less action. I'm so disappoint in the movie.

#70 Guest_tvbfan_star_*

  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:52 AM

i didn't found the series that but there was some confusing scenes

#71 MRDragon

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:04 PM

jasmineng, on Oct 11 2004 9 06 AM, said:

I love Raymond, but the setting is not making sense. Based on the way other character dress, they were in the time of the Manchuria, but how come Raymond not braid his hair and the way he dress was not right either. Also, he fly too much and do less action. I'm so disappoint in the movie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


raymonds hair was not braided because he is not from where the story took place..
all this time he was on this island with this master..then he finally went to the city to look for a cure

#72 michelle29

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:39 PM

i think lofty waters verdant bow is really good and i think the triangle love thing between raymond, rain and michelle is really smart and that's what makes this series so intresting. but of course, raymond lams acting is the best! :lol?: well thats only my opinion cause i'm a really big fan of him! this series is awesome, but then the ending was really touching yet sad.

#73

  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:53 AM

i like this movie... well i love to watch ancient movies with fightin and sorcery in it... hehe... well its like a love triangle.. and the girl dat they dink is evil is not... its just an act... and the two women are mad smart...

#74 jossie

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:24 AM

I really wanna watch this! But it still hasn't been on my chinese cable :down

anyone from australia who gets jade tv... do u know when it comes out here??? ive been hanging out for this series for ages... another michelle yip and raymond lam series!! Anyone know??

#75 Hem

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:26 AM

The main characters were boring but the others characters on the other side were much entertainting than them. The bald man and the girl were the only thing worth watching for.

#76 neo bahamut

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:25 PM

Anyway an1 can reseed this series in the series section because the seeders stop half way from b4 so i never got to watch this series.

thx

#77

  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:08 AM

Ididn't like this movie too much. I usually like anyhting that Raymond Lam and Michelle Yip is in, but this movie seemed too......iono how to explain it, i just didn't like it, The fact that I didn't like the way sher wah act didn't help me to like this anymoreeither.

#78 lilgurl9791

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:03 AM

This series was very good. What bothered me was Rain's character. I think she is too.....what's the word now XD I don't know how to describe her but I just don't like her role. Also, Rain's acting wasn't all that good either so she really annoyed me. The way she talked wasn't convincing and it doesn't sound real at all. There wasn't any emotions or excitement in her until at the end, she improved a teeny bit. I love Michelle Ye in this series. Her role was great but I thought she could have done better because she was amazing in Eternal Happiness. Nevertheless, I still love her. Shing Nam did so much for Sai Wai but he never found out until the end where she dies. I was looking forward to that part throughout the whole story because I wanted to see Sai Wai's reaction when he finds out that he had hurt someone that loves him so deeply and truly. I want to add more but....hehehe this is too much XD This is enough for now =]

#79 rumikochan

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:50 AM

lilgurl9791, on Oct 23 2004 12 03 AM, said:

This series was very good. What bothered me was Rain's character. I think she is too.....what's the word now XD I don't know how to describe her but I just don't like her role. Also, Rain's acting wasn't all that good either so she really annoyed me. The way she talked wasn't convincing and it doesn't sound real at all. There wasn't any emotions or excitement in her until at the end, she improved a teeny bit. I love Michelle Ye in this series. Her role was great but I thought she could have done better because she was amazing in Eternal Happiness. Nevertheless, I still love her. Shing Nam did so much for Sai Wai but he never found out until the end where she dies. I was looking forward to that part throughout the whole story because I wanted to see Sai Wai's reaction when he finds out that he had hurt someone that loves him so deeply and truly. I want to add more but....hehehe this is too much XD This is enough for now =]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


hi lilgurl9791. I am beginning to think , we think very much a like. I agree with you on this and also on your forum on 'Twin Brothers'! :lol?:

#80 jtbbe

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:25 AM

overall, it was a pretty good chick flick. the only thing was i don't really like the sad ending. but that did leave a lasting memory of the series. but did ray really liked michelle or was it all guilt. i wish they would just give an answer for me instead of having my own oppinion of the situation.

ya, i wasn't happy with the ending, but that doesn't mean the ending was not good just really depressing.





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users