Meaning of Ring on finger

13 replies to this topic

#1 - i L L u S I o N z -

Lost and Confused.. Help ME

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

I have recently gave a nice ring to my friend as a birthday present cause she told me that she wanted one. Well, to cut my stories cut, i couldn't find the specific brand of ring that she wanted so i bought her another one. One thing that has been on my mind is, she is wearing the ring on the index finger. So, im just wondering if there is any meaning behind it? cause usually i see people wear ring on the middle or the ring finger; seldom on the index finger .. does it symbolize anything?

lol.. also, she is actually my crush .. im not sure if she knows about how i feel for her but im sure that she feels something ..somehow or rather .. also .. she is taken already ..

so.. it would be great if anyone can tell me what does wearing ring on left index finger means?
thanks

#2 Deathsta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

I wouldn't think of it too much. Maybe she just wears it on that finger because it is comfortable. If she's always wearing it, chances are she finds the ring significant and meaningful.

#3 aych

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

yeah. no meaning there. and especially at a younger age.. 20 or under. rings are more fashion accessory than meaning... and chances are it just fits better on that finger! don't worry about it. be happy shes wearing it. means she likes it

#4 Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,099 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

no the index finger doenst mean anything. its just the only finger that fits the ring haha.
the left ring finger means ur enaged so if itts not there or on the right ring finger than u are fine. nothing to think about.

but hey she is wearing ur present right? be happy for that but dont think too much cuz i doubt it means she is saying she is taken by u/

#5 - i L L u S I o N z -

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

hmm you guys have some point there .. well, i am happy that she is wearing it (probably cause the ring looks good too ... lol ..) but not sure if she really likes it. i actually gave her a set of ring and necklace. I don't see her a lot but most of the time that i see her, she is wearing either one of the present :)

Actually im not thinking that by wearing a ring on the left index finger symbolize that she is into me. Im just wondering if she is sending a signal to me that we could never be more than friends cause when i google up the meaning; it said that ring on index fingers are usually reserved for those with blood related stuffs such as brothers or sisters. I was just wondering if she is sending a signal to me that said she treat me as a family member XP

#6 Miss.Understand

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

I think there's a lot of different meanings so everything gets confusing lol.

When I went to look at rings, the lady told me the thumb was for single, index is for courtship, middle for dating, the fourth one for marriage, and the pinky for divorce. But I wouldn't think much of it since most people just wear it on whatever finger they feel like.

#7 lalalander

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

I don't think it means anything, she just probably felt like putting it on that finger or it doesn't fit on her other fingers.

#8 lilx13aby

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:16 AM

well to my knowledge i think each finger meant something in a sense. Liek how ms.understood said, each finger ahs a specfic meaning. I know middle is for enage, fourth finger is marriage, last finger is divorce,and i think index finger is courtship, or single. I am not sure, and it aslo depfnd on which hadn she wears it. i think on the left hand it the one wiht meaning. Like i know on the left hadn foruth finger u are mostly to wear ur marriage finger, and middle is ur engagement ring. But since u gusy are young, i am sure, it doenst mean much. But to me i htink giving a ring to someone esp. opposite sex it should mean something and rings shouldnt be given that easly.

#9 katrie

Level 3 Elf Druid

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

I think she's just wearing the ring on her index finger because that's where it fits comfortably.

If you meant for her to wear it on the middle or ring finger (right hand), maybe you should have bought a smaller size! :P

The left hand is the one that means something... My Grandma said from index to ring finger it's 求 (propose/courtship), 訂 (engage), and 結 (marriage) respectively. I guess the pinky could be for divorce but why would you want to wear a ring that symbolises a divorce...? o_o

And in my experience, most people ignore the index finger "rule" anyway.

#10 Zannnes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

Well. I don't see there is any meaning wearing it on the index finger.
It does have meaning only if you wear it on ring finger :D

#11 grimbeaver

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

It's nice that she's actually wearing it. Makes you feel really happy, doesn't it. I would agree with most ppl. Don't think too much into it. It's just a matter of comfort issue. Unless she actually admits something to you, don't spend too much time day dreaming. Act on it if you like her, otherwise she will really be taken.

#12 babiiemilk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

lol.
it'll be weird if she wore it on the ring finger.
i usualy wear rings on my thumb or index, not because i perfer to do so, bbut because my finger are usually to small for them.
so yeah, most people wear rings on index when the ring is just loose on other ones.

#13 Guest_music note_*

• Guests

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:39 AM

^ exactly loll

be happy shes acutally wearing it and not keeping it hidden or something >.>

#14 - i L L u S I o N z -

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

View Postsblsubin, on Oct 6 2008 10 53 PM, said:

dont think its weird..
i'm trying to get this ring..
if i can find it..
i wanna wear it on my index finger too..
just for style..
O_O;;
thought it looked nice..
my ring finger on my left hand is taken already..
so i think i'll get like.. solid white and black ring on my right index finger and.. umm.. 4th(???) finger on my right hand..
i just dont get why she asked YOU for the ring.. O_o.
she could have asked her bf or whatever..
maybe she's trying to mooch off of you.. lol jk

hmm .. that make thoughts to ponder on huh? haha but much as i hate to admit it .. you got a point there .. probably she thinks im a sucker and :S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users