210 replies to this topic

#201 sweetlove-EK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

View Postac_ac, on 18 February 2010 - 12:12 AM, said:

I think you misunderstood my previous post. I didn't write for Gui Gui hater thread, but only for cutekitty318 (the post just before mine). If you go to the link she/he posted, you will understand what I was talking about. The "you" in my post was directly for cutekitty318. My bad, I should quote her post, I would avoid explaining things. She's obviously a Bebu fan. If someone only hates Gui Gui, dislikes her, and says it, I don't really care, just like many posts before. But modifying her pic with Ya Lun, turning her into a very ugly, it's really sick to a point. I guess it's the same club on youtube with user AntiGuiGuiOfficial. I'm a Rainie fan, and Mike-Rainie fan as well, have you ever seen me post something against haters in Rainie's haters and RM's haters' thread, right here in AF ?

It's not the first time I hang out in this very particular forum, where you can bump on people just there to bash your idol without any constructive criticism. If you read the first post of this link, this area is created to bash ... If you search my posts, it's one of a forum where I'm active, beside Taiwanese Idol. Honestly speaking, I like this forum. You can criticize objectively and positively.

I'm not dissing Hebe. For Tian Mo Xing in Pi Li MIT, GTV put the vote on the site, so that fan could vote for their favorite female artist. Hebe was number one on that vote. The second was Gui Gui and the third was Rainie Yang. Pi Li MIT was offered to Hebe, about the same time of Bull Fighting if I get the whole thing right. The thing is Hebe didn't feel well at that time, and she already had Bull Fighting, so she denied Pi Li MIT, that was how Gui Gui was selected that time. It wasn't like Hebe didn't have a choice ...

Ah, I understand now, Sorry about that
I understand you're feelings, I would feel dead if someone made an anti group that extreme about Hebe.

Sorry Didn't hear the news about Hebe getting offered MIT, Because I wasn't really a Hebe fan then.
But thanks for the news, glad Hebe didn't overwork herself. But she missed out on a great opportunity!
Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding
and...
See you around!

Now! back on topic!

#202 Lammington

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Just wanted to address the question of whether fans think Gui Gui is overrated- for myself, perhaps. But no more or less overrated than many Taiwanese stars. That a poll saying she was unlikely to succeed isn't a proof of much, after all, there's a famous quote of someone claiming the Beatles wouldn't succeed. She gained popularity quickly, this is true, because to many (including myself) she was the bright spark in BSM, with rather more basic acting talent than most of the cast, and a brighter, more appealing character. She's hardly the first celebrity to gain her rise to success off the back of a single, popular role.
The claim of "overrated" seems to be common in the critics corner, used on any idol the poster doesn't understand the popularity of. One could easily make it for S.H.E, FRH, Lollipop, etc, but to their fans, they're not overrated- they like them as they are, they can totally understand their popularity and perhaps claim they're not as popular as they deserve to be.

There's a lot of celebs I personally feel are overrated, but I get that to their fans they're not, and really, those are the opinions that matter, as those are the opinions that drive that celeb's fame and career.

Basically, all in all, I can understand the claim of Gui Gui being overrated, as I can understand it in regards to pretty much any artist, whether I like them or not. And indeed, to anyone who dislikes or is neutral towards Gui Gui, I'm sure she is overrated. To myself, however? Not so much.

If the claim is as regards her talent, again, I'm going to plead no more or less overrated than many Taiwanese acts. Because many idols are launched into fame so young, generally because they're attractive, they've had little time to hone their craft. We see people acting without acting coaching, singing without proper training, etc etc. This is not always the case, of course, but often it seems to be how the industry works.
Gui Gui is one of those thrust into the spotlight very young. But I think we've seen real sparks of talent in her. Her acting shows real promise, her singing has limited range, but beautiful tone within that range, and her hosting draws in viewers. It's these things that gain her fans- we see in her something we feel is special, and as such are unlikely to think of her as overrated in any major way.

Did some editing because on re-reading it came off as a little more attacking than I like. Not here to play opinion police, don't want to sound it! :V

Edited by Lammington, 23 February 2010 - 01:52 PM.

#203 xiao_mei_mei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:18 AM

is dis a gui gui hating thread? dats is so not cool. no offence. but to my opinion she is the cutest most prettiest hey girl girl eva. how can u not lyk her *note: i am not lesbian, jst obsessed wif guilun* how can u talk bout sum1 lyk dat, gosh not evry1s perfect and i dunt fink u r either. jst coz gui guis a bit weird dusnt mean she shud be critisezed >:) ! sri bout dat jst had a b**ch moment jst den. but seriously, i noe sum oif uz mite hat me now but u noe talking bout sum1s flaws lyk dat is a no go! wo ai ni! :thumbsup

no offence but hebe wud look a bit old 4 da drama(MIT). i think gui gui was jst rite

#204 王WangXun薰

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:46 PM

guigui haters thread??
well! im neutral to her.
no comment.! and im not her fan!

Edited by 王WangXun薰, 24 February 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#205 loudandlovely

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

Gui Gui may not have much talent as a singer or as a dancer, etc. but we can't forget that she's an ENTERTAINER. Entertainers don't neccessarily have to be good at singing and dancing, they exist to ENTERTAIN. Meaning if she brings laughs and smiles to her audience, she's suceeded. And from what I see, Gui Gui does make a lot of people happy! I honestly think there's no point in hating on entertainers, lol, I grew out of that phase a long time ago when I realized that 1) people have different tastes, so while I may not like a certain celebrity/group, there will always be someone else who does and 2) in the end, it doesn't really affect me as long as I don't pay attention to them. :)

#206 xiao_mei_mei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

lols. totally agree wif u. gui gui is an entertainer hus job is 2 make ppl laugh nd she dus a good job at datt, and plus shes uber cute!!!

#207 Shikiyo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

I truly dislike this gui gui!

I really can't stand her awful acting, mediocre singing, trying hard "baby", and almost everything about her.

I can't see anything to like her! I don't know what makes her so "popular"

Gui Gui's AWFUL imitation of Rainie gets into my f*cking nerve! :argh (Rainie is already little irritating and she arrives to be next "Rainie").

I mean mostly of her fans like her "damn" chemistry with Aaron Yan :unsure: (I pity this guy! He needs a another woman! But I don't hate Aaron)

Of course they like her for being CUTE! and truly nothing else!

She even act like more of a baby in Hey Girl than the youngest member Xiao Jie.
(she cries and so she will look lovable to her audience!) damn it! :blink:

For me she is not someone to be idolize or to look up to.

I don't want to idolize somebody, who got only the LOOKS but has no TALENT at all!
I even dislike how old she acts, come on she is 20 and she is acting like YOUNGER than me!

#208 chelly1416

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

View PostShikiyo, on 07 April 2010 - 07:17 AM, said:

I truly dislike this gui gui!I really can't stand her awful acting, mediocre singing, trying hard "baby", and almost everything about her.I can't see anything to like her! I don't know what makes her so "popular"Gui Gui's AWFUL imitation of Rainie gets into my f*cking nerve! :argh (Rainie is already little irritating and she arrives to be next "Rainie").I mean mostly of her fans like her "damn" chemistry with Aaron Yan :unsure: (I pity this guy! He needs a another woman! But I don't hate Aaron)Of course they like her for being CUTE! and truly nothing else!She even act like more of a baby in Hey Girl than the youngest member Xiao Jie. (she cries and so she will look lovable to her audience!) damn it! :blink: For me she is not someone to be idolize or to look up to.I don't want to idolize somebody, who got only the LOOKS but has no TALENT at all! I even dislike how old she acts, come on she is 20 and she is acting like YOUNGER than me!

---IM AGREE^^
i don't like her too^^
because she pretend to be a child^^

#209 dhian26hsm

Asian Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

I'm neutral to her
I think her rather resemble with Ariel :tricky:

#210 moon_luv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

I personally think that Gui Gui is a bit overrated. I've only seen her act cute and i havent seen her expand her acting yet but so many people like her and i just dont get y. I think she's pretty and she has potential but right now she is just overrated.
Also she does not resemble ariel lin in anyways. Ariel is way better than Gui Gui. She is diverse and an actress who can actually act, and doesnt base everything on looks.

Edited by moon_luv, 24 April 2010 - 08:45 PM.

#211 ChellyLovesWangXun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

I dont hate/dislike her :) maybe my attention is not to her..uhmm, we have favorite actress right? so i dont have any comment about her..Xiaoxun and Guigui are both growing up now, and they are both successful in their career, dont compared this two pretty ladies,.They are both talented..:)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users