Ring on right hand middle finger

11 replies to this topic

#1 ae86

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

Does a ring on a woman's right hand middle finger have any significance?

#2 Guest_S.Katchi.2_*

• Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

Not that I know of.

It's more likely to have some sort of significance if it's on the ring finger. Depends on the age of the woman too... and the type of ring she's wearing.

#3 ae86

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

S.Katchi.2, on Oct 23 2008 3 28 AM, said:

Not that I know of.

It's more likely to have some sort of significance if it's on the ring finger. Depends on the age of the woman too... and the type of ring she's wearing.

The ring was gold with some type of gem in the middle. The ring itself was very thin, almost like wire. I don't know whether it's costume jewelry or not nor do I know how to tell.

Person is in early 20s.

#4 Nominated

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:42 AM

Maybe just part of fashion ... some women wear rings on any finger casually ... except the ring finger. I've never really known about any significance of any type of ring on any finger though ... so I wouldn't know much.

#5 Guest_towermaster_*

• Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:34 AM

Don't know that, maybe just for fun or just looks nice.

#6 l2ain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:42 AM

no it doesnt have any significance at all.

looks good though. :P hope that helped

#7 greenapple2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:15 AM

I think if it's on the right hand ring finger then it means engagement but the middle finger don't signify. Left hand ring finger, then off course is marriage.

#8 Guest_S.Katchi.2_*

• Guests

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

ae86, on Oct 24 2008 2 07 AM, said:

The ring was gold with some type of gem in the middle. The ring itself was very thin, almost like wire. I don't know whether it's costume jewelry or not nor do I know how to tell.

Person is in early 20s.

Most likely it doesn't have any significance. A lot of girls/women like to accessorise and would wear rings if it looks good. Most would avoid wearing any on the ring-fingers as they have "significant meanings". However, this would really depend on culture and one's personal preference.

greenapple2, on Oct 24 2008 2 15 PM, said:

I think if it's on the right hand ring finger then it means engagement but the middle finger don't signify. Left hand ring finger, then off course is marriage.

It really depends on culture. I remember having a discussion with a friend (European background) who said that in her home country, the ring for marriage was worn on the right hand.

#9 babygirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:49 AM

i wear a ring on my right middle finger. it is a diamond band on 18 carat gold. it was the first ring i brought with my first real job. i stands for my success.

#10 MoonlightD

.:..:.

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

I don't think there is any significance to wearing your ring on the right hand's middle finger. I, also, think it depend son culture, but I'm pretty sure for Americans, the engagement and wedding ring are worn on the ring finger of the left hand because it is connected to the heart. I don't think the ring finger on the left hand has any significance. It's more like just a regular ring finger that you can put other rings on. People I know, including me, generally wear our class ring on the ring finger of our right hands.

#11 Subtle Red

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

No it doesn't have any significance. Some women like to be adorn with jewellery. It's common to wear jewellery to match an outfit or to create a look. Sometimes it is significant in what it represents such as a gift from a boyfriend or family or it has sentimental value.

#12 ae86

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:43 AM

Topic Closed

Requested by topicstarter or problem/question is solved/answered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users