AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Can pure European people sometimes look a little Asian?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 lindsayC

lindsayC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

There was something that I found really odd the other day.

Every once in a while, someone thinks I have a little bit of Asian blood even though I'm full European. I can trace my bloodline down far enough, so I'm sure that some Chinese person didn't just slip in there.

The thing is, I also noticed that sometimes I think other white people are slightly Asian too. Like I thought Catherine Zeta Jones who is full Welsh was part Asian. Then I thought that guy from the Macintosh computer commercials (Justin Long) was part Asian and he's full European too. I also one time thought a half mexican/half white person was half asian/half white.

I'm really confused about why this is, does it mean some Europeans have little bits of Asian in their bloodline, or is it because we're just so quick to label people?

#2 scypEr

scypEr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

we're all related to eachother
there is no PURE human being

its possible they have it in their bloodline...

it's probably because they don't have what you think is typical european features..

#3 sLeEpYhEaD

sLeEpYhEaD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

Umm that's pretty hard to trace way back to see if there wasn't any asian blood that entered the mix because you gotta factor in the fact that adultery could of occurred somewhere in there and asian blood could of entered the mix way way way way long ago. Or just that some races like the idea of having a pure bloodline that they will lie to their children. Like my teacher he is supposed to be full japanese according to his parents, grandparents and all his relatives, but he was like I know I'm not full japanese. He was like there is white mixed in with him because no japanese is that hairy and he has relatives with blue eyes or blonde hairs.

#4 Dalja

Dalja

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

maybe their other relatives like their grand parents have a asian blood...

so that sometimes.....some other Europeans are look like asians :P

#5 lindsayC

lindsayC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:07 AM

I think it might be because I haven't had a ton of exposure to a variety of European blood. A lot of white people in America are really mixed and are mostly Northern European. Even so, they still look a bit different from their Northern European counterparts.

So I think maybe I haven't been exposed enough to a lot of European ethnic groups. It's not too often that you run into Greeks and pure Spaniards. So if you don't see it, you try to make comparisons to what you have seen.

I mean I don't really know what Welsh people look like, so I guess when I saw Catherine Zeta Jones, I thought maybe Asian because her eyes are sort of shaped that way. I don't know, I'm starting to think that's what it is.

Edited by lindsayC, 30 October 2008 - 03:11 AM.

#6 Modoki

Modoki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:23 AM

why not? sometimes full asian people look a little caucasian.

#7 Libra Zebra

Libra Zebra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:10 AM

I think maybe you're just looking at the eye position and nose maybe? Some European like Welsh and Russian can have Asian looking features kind of if you're looking at their eye shape maybe. It's more almond compared to other European and stuff, and the lid is...I don't know how to describe it.

I haven't mistaken European for Asian before though.

Edited by Libra Zebra, 01 November 2008 - 05:11 AM.

#8 taiji

taiji

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:06 AM

can you post your pix if you don't mind? i'm curious how an european that looks asian looks.. :)

#9 lindsayC

lindsayC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:19 AM

can you post your pix if you don't mind? i'm curious how an european that looks asian looks.. :)

Maybe I'll post a picture of me sometime, but right now I can't since I don't have any pictures of me on a computer.

But check these pictures out for now . . .

These are Europeans I thought that looked Asian

Catherine Zeta Jones (http://i149.photobuc...-jones-0068.jpg)

Justin Long (http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads) He's the guy who's not wearing the suit.

Miranda Cosgrove (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1388927/)

Kevin Jonas (http://i29.tinypic.com/33421i1.jpg)

I'm sure I thought of others at times, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by lindsayC, 01 November 2008 - 08:23 AM.

#10 AxelValentine

AxelValentine

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:06 AM

Bill & Tom Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel
When I first saw Bill I thought he was half-Asian or something
But then I looked at Tom (his twin) and started to doubt it
Found out not long ago they're full-German.
But the do both have smaller eyes that appear to be a slight slant, plus their eyes are really dark and Bill had pitch black, manga-styled hair

#11 leejunkified

leejunkified

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

Well... people naturally have physical traits that tell them apart from each other (just staing the ovbius, dont kill me yet)... it's only ntural that, sometimes, a person has some traits, wether it's the shape of eyes or mouth or whatever, that not only diffear from those within their race (as it's natural) but also have some sort of similitude with those of other race.

I know it's sounds wordy, but in short: it's perfectly normal, I've seen it many times. Call it a twist of genetics. My friend and her younger brother booth look mixed even if their parents are both white... I suppose it's just a funky mix from their parents genes that makes them look that way ^^

#12 Subtle Red

Subtle Red

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:11 PM

Some Europeans may have Asian features without any known mixing in past decades. This could be related to historical migration of Mongoloids which lead to invasions & interbreeding.

#13 rosalie

rosalie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:13 AM

I too am often mistaken (usually by people from Europe) as part Asian due to my eye shape and petite frame. I also only have a tiny double eyelid and amongst Caucasians it looks pretty much single! I have suspected I have an Asian ancestor but I have blue eyes which is the odd thing. My grandparents never talk about family history so its possible I suppose. I have always been very well accepted by the Chinese community in my country so maybe they see it too lol

#14 mushroomcheese

mushroomcheese

Leehommmmmm :)

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:44 AM

how much is looking a little Asian? How do you define looking a little like Asian?

There are so many human-mixes on this earth there are so many people exist. Pure asian might look a little european. But then again, is there any Pure blood at all from how many thousands of years ago? are you sure that you're PURE blooded being? :)

#15 blue rebel

blue rebel

God's Little Girl

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:01 AM

It's possible, because while Europeans are Europeans and Asians are Asians, I'm pretty sure we all do carry some similar genes (though some of them just don't show - if you know your Biology). I reckon an European looking like an Asian is just an every now and then result of a pool dominated by more "Asian" genes.

Gemma Ward looks pretty Asian except for her blond hair. As far as I know she's completely Caucasian, but if you gave her dark hair she'd probably be mistaken for an insanely tall Asian girl.

#16 ao3

ao3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:21 AM

Sure why not, some brazillians look mexican, some white people look cuban, some philipinos look african, some russians look asian.

It's not surprising that a white person can look a "little" asian

Edited by ao3, 25 November 2008 - 08:21 AM.

#17 동갑내기

동갑내기

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

i always thought mandy moore looked half asian

#18 blue rebel

blue rebel

God's Little Girl

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:59 AM

Sure why not, some brazillians look mexican, some white people look cuban, some philipinos look african, some russians look asian.

It's not surprising that a white person can look a "little" asian

LOL. Funny you should mention that, because Russia is in Asia. :P

#19 Keiryu40

Keiryu40

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

Posted Image

everybody says Ken Hirai is half japanese. Nooo he's full nihonjin. watch his interviews!

#20 chinesecrazychic

chinesecrazychic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:14 PM

if ur european, y r u a member of an asian website??? lol, no offense, jus wondering...