AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

BADMINTON - ANIME

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 709394

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:59 AM

I have always wondered why there has never been any anime - or manga - about badminton -
since its so popular over in asia - so if anyone knows - then plz let me know
am thinking of drawing one myself - sigh.....

#2 futuremd33

futuremd33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:00 AM

You might have a right niche that may make you millions. I think the main reason why no one really has done a story on that is due to the fact that is one on one or two on two. There isn't actually a team story that it could revolve around. But if you can find out a way to write a story involving hs students and badmitton and maybe some romance you might be on to something.

I have always wondered why there has never been any anime - or manga - about badminton -
since its so popular over in asia - so if anyone knows - then plz let me know
am thinking of drawing one myself - sigh.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#3 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:49 PM

They can make it like prince of tennis but also including mixed doubles

#4 _avextrax

_avextrax

SHOOTO!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:04 PM

yeah, the closes thing has to be Prince Of Tennis..it's a good anime, i'm now at ep 80..

#5 709394

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:46 PM

yeah, the closes thing has to be Prince Of Tennis..it's a good anime, i'm now at ep 80..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im surprised - i thought people would laugh -
but yeah - it would be about a new team - boys and girls - lots of special moves - like kung fu moves - but badminton ones!! maybe i should write one - haha
post it up and see what people think......

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:37 AM

i think it would be too close to prince of tennis but o wells i'm interested =P
good luck

#7 pwanda

pwanda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:30 AM

i think the very fact that badminton is such a popular sport may be the reason why such an anime has not been made.

Let me elaborate:

Animes like Prince of Tennis, Slam Dunk and even Ippo all glorify a sport which is novel and unfamiliar to Japan...this is smart because what is alien is always interesting and compelling!

You might have a right niche that may make you millions. I think the main reason why no one really has done a story on that is due to the fact that is one on one or two on two. There isn't actually a team story that it could revolve around. But if you can find out a way to write a story involving hs students and badmitton and maybe some romance you might be on to something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm.. Prince of Tennis, Ippo... the sport only involves 1v1 contests. Your theory is unfounded.

#8 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 03:30 PM

anybody watched hikaru no go? also another sport anime but its based upon Go. something like black and white chess i think its called. its a traditional game that was played in japan so there is nothing mysterious about that there. still made a very good anime. thing that mdae it good was the drama and suspense of it all. good plot and characther development throughout the enitire series. really captivating and enjoying to watch. same applies for PoT. i think that is the formula that u need if u want to make another sport anime. its not about the action, look no further then hikaru no go, see how they made something boring like a chess game exciting. it was focused more on the emotion of the people in the game rather then on the play techniques of the game itself. something interesting to analyse, if u like.

#9 panthera

panthera

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:57 PM

badminton anime... hmm... tehre is no way a badminton anime will be made... it's not that famous in japan.. well compared to other sports... anyway it's gonna be looks like tennis of some sort... so it's kinda boring... if every sports made into anime... i can't even imagine it... who would have want to watch an anime about cycling or something like that???

#10 Recca168

Recca168

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:32 PM

Sports animes just have a tendancy to be addicting.... doesn't matter what it is... can't explain why they just do. I mean who would have though Hikago would have been so popular.

#11 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:44 PM

Badminton anime??? No way!!! Where can I download this???

#12 PrometheusX

PrometheusX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:47 AM

Well i never heard of a badminton one, so i'll like to say "good luck" and you better write a good one to be produced :noclue because if there is one i'll make sure i watch it!!! Also, to the person who said it is similar to tennis...i'll like to say that badminton is quite different than tennis... because the court size, net height, raquet, the "ball" is really different.... its like saying soccer and American football is really similar...

#13 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:07 AM

I'd like to watch a badminton anime saying that i'm pretty crazed about that sport itself heh heh

#14 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:54 AM

i am looking foward for the badminton anime too.....huh.hope its something skillful like the PRINCE OF TENNIS........Hope there will be always something new coming out soon.

#15 Philip87

Philip87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

Well, there will be a new anime released like sports, that are skillful too, but I don't think it will be VERY popular since it will be about American football, those who don't know the rules simply think it sucks.
But I want to watch it though, I don't remember the name..

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:30 PM

I am not so sure that i could get interested in a batminton anime, no disrepecting those that play the sport... but football...sign me up, i am a huge Patriot's fan!!! well as long as they dont make all the football player look like the one in Prince of Tennis...some of my guy friends are football players and they do NOT look like that.

#17 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

i think badminton is only good for playing LIVE not for anime because you cant really have any specific move for badminton and the bird travels too slow, since the bird is not round it is nearly impossible to do spins with it... and having no spin means no special moves... but tennis is different it will turn out alot better on anime just like prince of tennis... but if there is a badminton anime i will be sure to watch it...

#18 Kiba

Kiba

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

i think badminton is only good for playing LIVE not for anime because you cant really have any specific move for badminton and the bird travels too slow, since the bird is not round it is nearly impossible to do spins with it... and having no spin means no special moves... but tennis is different it will turn out alot better on anime just like prince of tennis... but if there is a badminton anime i will be sure to watch it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm.. as far as i know there's lots of special move in badminton.. just take a look to all those "fancy" player out there... lots of skilled players can do lots of special feint or other kind of move that involves lots spins too. And also that birdy isn't all that slow.. in a real competition a smash from those pros can reach up to 90 mph easily... and it doesn't travel all that long like tennis.. so u don't have much time to response... all in all i think badminton can really make a good anime with lots of exciting move...

#19 L Lawliet-Sama

L Lawliet-Sama

#1 Bankai User and Von's AF Lo Gong. Soi Fong's #1 Fan

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:58 AM

Probably because, it is not really that much of a sport and not as known worldwide.

#20 mango_girl

mango_girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:44 AM

hahah, i always wondered about that too! Badminton is totally my favourite sport. But honestly, how man different kind of shots do badminton have? we don't have top spins or backspins. It would be a really short anime

I think POT is so over done..they are dragging it too long, kinda like dragon ball

#21 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:53 AM

hahah, i always wondered about that too! Badminton is totally my favourite sport.  But honestly, how man different kind of shots do badminton have? we don't have top spins or backspins.  It would be a really short anime

I think POT is so over done..they are dragging it too long, kinda like dragon ball

hmmm..volley, dropshot, drive, smash thats all i can think of so far hahah

#22 Maron

Maron

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:17 PM

But although Prince of Tennis is good as an example, thinking of creating the techniques are hard though.. that's what i personally think..

#23 Kon

Kon

Ron and Nancy Fan*

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:30 PM

hmm that would be interesting, but not those special effects kinda shot maybe a bit but not overdone

#24 mizu25

mizu25

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

The closest thing to a badminton anime I've seen is a badminton manga called "badnavi" I've heard about it being translated into Chinese, but I haven't seen any English translations anywhere.

#25 PurpleChic

PurpleChic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:13 AM

Oh oh. i would totally support the badminton anime! reckon it would be better than POT. I don't really like POT, its dragging on and on and on.

Badminton anime would be hard to make tho, because you have to come up with lots of "special" shots. Oh well, i guess its up to your creativity.

#26 CrazyWatermelon

CrazyWatermelon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:46 AM

I would really like to watch a badminton anime. I think that it would be really interesting to watch. I for myself, am I member of the badminton team, and I love the sport. Watching real games is really exciting, so I wonder how different it would in anime. I think that there would be more special effects involved.

#27 TwinsDivinity

TwinsDivinity

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:56 PM

Mm.. prince of tennis is probably the closest, tho badminton version of it would be great

#28 jpwwong

jpwwong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:08 PM

don't think an anime of badminton would be a great one..but if it gives more attention to the sport..i am all for it

#29 Wingkent

Wingkent

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

LOL, as u mention it, i really wonder y there is no badminton anime
Prince of tennis was a sucess after all and it would be same for badminton

#30 Steven_Master2008

Steven_Master2008

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

lol, there are badminton teams. I m one of the player of my school's badminton team and we re about 20-30 ppl in it in 3 different categories. This could make a story up :pleh ..

#31 felixfelicis

felixfelicis

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:45 AM

Badminton anime sounds cool. I like the sports and i think the manga can be very exciting. But it may seen to be too similar to Prince of Tennis. So, i dun think there will be any based on this.

Come to think of it, i think pool will be a very cool sport/games anime. well, with all the trickshot and all. ^.^ I wonder if there is any anime based on pool/billiards?

#32 teppanyakiboyz

teppanyakiboyz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:29 AM

Badminton??? hmmm, I think it will be quite bored cause tennis is kinda similar to badminton.

Mayb you should start writing one....hehe

#33 TsunKit

TsunKit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:28 PM

I think that it would be hard to do a badmiton anime because in most animes, you get special powers or something like that. You could do a character wants to be the best which would be obvious but unless you get like a magical badminton racquet it'll seem normal, as in real life.

#34 Sheewee

Sheewee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:56 AM

Yeah I think it would be hard to make a badminton anime. Unlike Tennig I don't think there are so many techniques to play badminton in.

#35 teppanyakiboyz

teppanyakiboyz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

I think that it would be hard to do a badmiton anime because in most animes, you get special powers or something like that. You could do a character wants to be the best which would be obvious but unless you get like a magical badminton racquet it'll seem normal, as in real life.

Yeah, plus the shuttlecock is so light, unlike a tennis ball. It can travel more than 100km/h or miles. I couldn't think of any special skillz for badminton.

Oh yeah, I don't play tennis but I would like to know one question if any of you'all are tennis players. Can a tennis ball kill a person? cause it can travel pretty fast.

#36 jpwwong

jpwwong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:00 PM

i just dont see how an anime can be made concerning badminton. Maybe i will be proved wrong.

#37 winglove

winglove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

It's doesn't have anime about Badmington , i think . But , tennis , there're a lot of them . And Prince of tennis is the best ^^ . All the guy are so cool . I like this series very much

#38 chanchan!

chanchan!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:41 AM

there is probably no badminton anime...but there is a badminton manga. it's pretty hard to find though. it's called yamata no hane.

#39 TOTO

TOTO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

oooo....i play badminton so an anime on badminton would be cool..n interesting to watch..but maybe hard to do...they will need to be more creative to come up w/ special effects n stuff..

:P