Under/overrated TALENTED Singers

46 replies to this topic

#41 jensseng

i'm a jaywalker.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

Err...I kind of think UEE from After School is over-rated. I mean, she's pretty and all, but I don't see anything else special about her. And lately, I saw so many news of her and stuff, haha..well...I only go to allkpop for the news so I dunno.

Edited by MANGO., 12 November 2009 - 05:46 AM.

#42 ♥hippo-holic♥

-certified Seomate-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

View PostAspire, on Nov 11 2009 9 30 PM, said:

HyunA is blessed with her fame when she first debuted with Wonder Girls. She even has a fan who likes her since she was in Wonder Girls, until NOW. Haha... I can only say that she's a good rapper with a lot of power and stage presence in her performance, but other than that, she's mainly relying on her sexiness.
i used to actually think she's a good rapper back when she's still with wonder girls but then when she came back her voice changed a lot its not like before im not sure if its because of her health issue before.

View PostMANGO., on Nov 12 2009 7 06 AM, said:

Err...I kind of think UEE from After School is over-rated. I mean, she's pretty and all, but I don't see anything else special about her. And lately, I saw so many news of her and stuff, haha..well...I only go to allkpop for the news so I dunno.
oh i actually forgot to put UEE i also think she is overrated, like what you said i dont see anything special about her other than she is pretty.

#43 miss scarlett

chinked-out

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

View Post♥ lavender rain, on Jul 5 2009 10 45 PM, said:

seriously. ONCE you hear DBSK sing LIVE, almost ALL will fall heads over heels in love with their singing cause it's always just SO PERFECTLY SOUNDING. and hehe & also dbsk's PERSONALITY is just SOOO CUTE + made up of WINS/FAILS. we just can't help but fall for them reallly hard! *waves*
Personally, DBSK's lives are only just so-so to me. If we compare their live vocals to that of Leehom's, David Tao's, or even Andy Lau's, something's missing. Leehom's lives are flawless (usually), and they usually sound MUCH better than recorded versions. As for DBSK, I have to say I prefer listening to their recorded vocals much more.

What I am impressed about with DBSK is their dancing. They're quite good, especially U-Know and Junsu. But when it comes to dancing, I find Super Junior to be a little more impressive with their coordination and choreography.

#44 ♥ K A T ♥

♥AUTUMN'S CONCERTO

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

View PostC♥旬:聖:ߙ, on Oct 29 2009 2 27 AM, said:

Taguchi Junnosuke - and finally Junno...like I have mentioned before, his vocals are strong & crisp, perhaps the best vocalist in the group, his voice is un-doubtfully lead vocal material! He is also a fantastic performer.

Oh yes & I agree. I adore Junno's voice but he seem so under-rated.
There are alot of talented boys in Johnny's but most of them are not treated fairly.

UNDER-RATED

- i don't know who to pick but TANK is my number 1. OMG. His voice is :thumbsup

OVER-RATED
- Not a fan nor anti-fan but I pick DBSK. Yes, I love it when the sing live & some of their songs was clapclap They are so over rated with the popularity they have. Maybe because they are bunch of pretty boys with damn good talents! But honestly it was just too much. :blink:
- Sandara Park (2NE1), I'm a fan of 2NE1 but I was never a fan of Sandara Park. Yes, she was once an artist here in the RP, she improved alot. She has more experience in showbiz. But I don't like her voice. Everyone can sing but :unsure:

#45 blahblahyourmah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:06 AM

Underrated:

JJ Lin (Amazing voice, composes, and seldom writes his lyrics)
Khalil Fong (Soothing voice, composes, I like how he incorporates a lot of jazz & soul & RnB into his songs)
TANK ( Great voice, composition, lyrics ) Sooo underrated.
Kenji Wu ( voice is pretty decent.. his composition for other artists are usually hits e.g. 男人女人, 傻瓜, etc. clapclap )
Xiao Yu (versatile voice, composes, writes some of lyrics too.. i think? )
Abin Fang (mesmerizing voice and plays several instruments too! )
Amei ( its not surprising her popularity has deteriorated.. but still )
Fish Leong ( AMAZING )
Ding Dang ( soooo underrated. Her voice bears a striking resemblance to Amei's )
Jane Zhang ( there's no need to elaborate on this )
Cheer Chen ( composes )
Alin Huang ( amazing vocals )
Penny Tai ( composes, great artist overall )
Landy Wen
Claire Guo
Will Liu
Vivian Hsu ( some of Jay's early songs were written by her. She can sing, act compose, and write lyrics )
Evonne Hsu
Valen Hsu
Joi Chua
Joanna Wang
Fan Wei Qi
Jade Liu
Sam Lee ( he has one of the BEST voices )
F.I.R ( LOVE faye's voice, compose & write their own lyrics )
Nan Quan Mama ( sooooooooooo underated. They composer and write their songs as well )
Evan Yo (Soooo talented. He plays the violin, piano, dizi, guitar, etc. He composes too! LASTLY, he's great at improvising. :D )

Overrated:

Jay Chou - Jay is extremely talented, but not well-endowed in the voice department.
Jolin Tsai - She can't sing... nor dance
Show Luo - He's a great entertainer and actor, but his singing is mediocre at best and he sings too many remakes.

Edited by blahblahyourmah, 03 December 2009 - 07:28 AM.

#46 Leol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

Janice Vidal is underated. However, shes seen as a first tier singer in Hong Kong.

#47 palmon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Underrated talented singers: Janice Vidal, Hins Cheung, Bondy Chiu, Mimi Lo.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users