AF needs funding again

- - - - -

how do you know if your pretty or ugly?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

or ever dated before. And when you look in the mirror you find yourself ok looking but sometimes you feel ugly. so how can you actually know if you are ugly or not. Do you guys judge yourself or do you let other ppl judge you?

#2 Annjhelica

Annjhelica

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

well. beauty starts within yourself.. so if you think you're ugky then you would really be.. but if you judge yourself and say you're pretty,, you'll always be pretty no matter what other may think of you.

bu honestly, i judge mysekf by looking at the mirror. if you're good enough.. you could determine if you're really ugly or not. :D

#3 fall_out

fall_out

asian-inadequate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2642 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:25 AM

post your pic on hotornot.com. lawl jus jokin. i dont think you're supposed to know whether your hot or not. u just have to know who you like and how to get that person.

#4 Aznbadboi

Aznbadboi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2279 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:47 AM

look, if you think your good enough then you are. For people to think your pretty, first you have to think yourself is pretty. Self confidence is very important, if you have that, then everything falls in gradually.

#5 aznelite03

aznelite03

AF Baller

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

well it really depends how you perceive yourself. If you feel you look like an ugly swan then you look like one. If you feel you look like a sexy beast or goddess, then you are. But what makes you perceive yourself as hot or not depends on your confidence level. For instance, someone who has a high level of confidence, will always have a positive outlook on themselves. However, someone who has low level of confidence, then they will think more negatively about themselves.

#6 Sushi ^.^

Sushi ^.^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:09 AM

Agreed with everyone except fallout.

Beauty is all about what you think. If you believe you are beautiful you can be beautiful. The attitude you have towards it determines how pretty you are. Self esteem is the most important aspect in life.

#7 el_rey

el_rey

[ SMILE ] :: el rey ::

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4552 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

I usually feel people hold back because they don't want to sound nasty or whatever but this is my personal opinion. Visual abnormalities are considered ugly or atleast by most. Don't believe me? Google up abnormal faces, burnt faces or anything you can think of.

Tell me if you think their beautiful and don't lie about it.

You can really judge it for yourself, just like an obese person knows their obese. However, if they believe they are skinny then thats in their own world. In reality people see their obese and thats it.

Obviously what i said is in regards to physical appearances and if we were to consider beauty created through personality then that is another matter that i won't touch on.

I feel it is important judge yourself or more so like who you are but also consider how other people see you. Sometimes we may believe we are something but other people say otherwise.

Edited by el_rey, 23 January 2009 - 04:54 AM.

#8 LookAtHer

LookAtHer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:27 AM

when you feel that you are good looking and you act like it people will start believeing it. self confidence!

#9 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

OK, I'm the realist on this forum, so I'll impart some realist advice.

First of all, what people have said is true...to a degree. If you believe in yourself, you will have more confidence, and you will look more attractive. People who smile and flirt will be perceived as being more attractive.

However, let's be honest. For girls, looks are pretty darn important. Even if you believe you're the hottest thing, if you're not hot, you're not hot. Attration is a perception. What others think of you is far more important than what you think of yourself. You might think you're the prettiest. But if no guy thinks that, you aren't going to be asked on a date. Confidence and self-talk (or self-deception) can only go so far. For the rest, you have to work on it. That means you have to watch your weight, spend some money on a great haircut, and dress flirty and flashy.

That also means you must adjust your expectations. If you're not a 9 or 10, you're not going to get a super hot guy. PERIOD. That's just too bad. But that's OK. Because you don't need to be with a super hot guy to be happy. Millions of people are happily together, engaged or married even though the other party isn't perfect.

As for the original question, how do you know if you're pretty or ugly? You don't. Because beauty is a perception. It's not like age or bra size that can be expressed as a fact. Since beauty is a perception, some people will think you're pretty, some will think you're ugly, and a vast majority will be indifferent.

#10 achhooo

achhooo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

self opinion... if u do think u r pretty, well stuff the rest of wat peeps say.. but then say goes with ugly..
everybody's pretty in there own way, so u sometimes can't tell urself wether u r pretty or ugly
but i think that, stuff wether u think ur pretty or not... lyk again self opinion.. who cares wat others think... but isn't ur personality and who you are more important..?
i'm going off topic..

#11 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

but isn't ur personality and who you are more important..?

Friendship? Yes, a girl's personality counts more.

Courtship? Sorry, a girl's looks are supremely important.

Let's be real. The person who posted this thread is wayyyyy more concerned about courtship than friendship. She mentioned dating in the first sentence of the post.

Beauty is the #1 factor determining if a girl dates a lot or little. Anyone who says otherwise isn't living in the same universe.

#12 Jonathan Tran

Jonathan Tran

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

If you look in the mirror and sometimes u look ok, sometime u're not. Then you're ugly. but that's for you to know, others might find you attractive though. Weird world, i know. Also, find things to improve yourself like making your teeth white and straight because a smile is very important. fixing up your hair and have a sense of style to it. buy facial lotion and cleanser if you have oil skin and pimples everywhere. Just little things here and there will help you move up the food chain. Also, if you poor at courtship, then read JSBach's articles, it's so true and helpful if you apply it.

#13 smashedmailbox

smashedmailbox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

OK, I'm the realist on this forum, so I'll impart some realist advice.

First of all, what people have said is true...to a degree. If you believe in yourself, you will have more confidence, and you will look more attractive. People who smile and flirt will be perceived as being more attractive.

However, let's be honest. For girls, looks are pretty darn important. Even if you believe you're the hottest thing, if you're not hot, you're not hot. Attration is a perception. What others think of you is far more important than what you think of yourself. You might think you're the prettiest. But if no guy thinks that, you aren't going to be asked on a date. Confidence and self-talk (or self-deception) can only go so far. For the rest, you have to work on it. That means you have to watch your weight, spend some money on a great haircut, and dress flirty and flashy.

That also means you must adjust your expectations. If you're not a 9 or 10, you're not going to get a super hot guy. PERIOD. That's just too bad. But that's OK. Because you don't need to be with a super hot guy to be happy. Millions of people are happily together, engaged or married even though the other party isn't perfect.

As for the original question, how do you know if you're pretty or ugly? You don't. Because beauty is a perception. It's not like age or bra size that can be expressed as a fact. Since beauty is a perception, some people will think you're pretty, some will think you're ugly, and a vast majority will be indifferent.

If you want my opinion, JSBach hit it on the dot. But I'd like to mention that if your looks department is truly lacking... keep in mind that it is not all one looks at. Bear in mind you should also have a good attitude as well... so even if you look super pretty and you act like a total b!tch, you aren't going to get very far with people.

#14 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

it depends heavily on ur own view too.
usually for us girls we pick at every flaw we see and make them huge so we end up making ourselves feel ugly.
so i dont think u should ask urself ir u are pretty or not.
and since u havent been praised by an outside person i doubt thats gonna make u feel pretty.
so i think u should randomly find some one u dont know and ask them. if they are a stranger they wont lie to u.

#15 Guest_Respects_*

Guest_Respects_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:49 AM

Well, maybe you have someone judge for you. That's probably what really matters most, if you see yourself as a handsome or beautiful person, but others don't see it that way, than what does it really matter right. You only want to know if your beautiful in other peoples eyes not your own. People strive for recognition, and being beautiful is one form of recognition. I guess you can say it really depends, but that would be too general for this topic. You should ask around people, you don't know. Though people always try to be nice, and you will usually get white lies. I recommend to find someone who is blunt!

#16 Aknight

Aknight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

No one is ugly. As long as you know how to dress, and try to make yourself look "pretty"

#17 Love-MiMi

Love-MiMi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

Honestly, anyone can look "pretty" nowadays. Even a girl with the plainest of faces can be considered attractive. If your face is bleh, then work on the body. If you have a hot body, then you can get away with a plain face. And a haircut goes a lonnnggg way. I know quite a few girls with a plain face but have a nice body and confident, and they can attract a fair amount of guys.

Of course, you can't attract every guy, but you will certainly attract enough. Nowadays, beauty can be created. Hair+clothes+confidence+makeup= a pretty girl

Edited by Love-MiMi, 25 January 2009 - 09:22 PM.

#18 Holly J

Holly J

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

I agree with JSBach. Lets face it - some of us just can't be "hot" by society's standards. We can't help it. We're born a certain way. You can dress nice, have a great haircut, etc etc, but at some point you have to accept that you don't look like the type of girl that's promoted as ideal (ex. Paris Hilton). There's nothing wrong with that, though, despite what the media would have you believe. You can be pretty in your own way - seriously. I find slightly unusual, unique looking people to be far more attractive than those with cookie-cutter beauty.

And don't forget that your attitude is important as well. ^_^

#19 miz_monk3yL

miz_monk3yL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

beauty is in the eye of the beholder......but it's not all about the appearance =/ confidence is very attractive.

#20 Nat^^

Nat^^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

Sometimes I have the same thought. I always get compared to others, so that kinda sucks..
Even if you are not praised or never dated before, you just have to have confidence ^^
Even if you get praised once in a while, that really is not satisfying. Maybe just for a moment, but then the feeling starts all over again. Everybody wants compliments or wants to be praised about something, but I think that you should be the one who has to compliment/praise yourself.
If you think you're beautifull, have confidence, you'll definately show it to the world.
If you think this is hard, to show the confidence, then just pretend. Gradually you'll get used to it ^^
So don't think you're ugly, because people wil sense that and they will think you're ugly.
Can't really explain this n english.
I hope this wasnt confusing or anything

#21 Guest_Guest uglypretty_*

Guest_Guest uglypretty_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

thanks for the reactions but i get really worried about the way i look i soemtimes i shut myself at home cause i feel ugly, but i have days that i feel pretty just with ups and downs and i don't know how to control it. It does affect me in a way. it really has to do with my skin color im chinese so im pale/yellow its really uglyyyyyyy and using foundation makes me so fake cause its not the real me and i always touch my face so it will ruin the make up + sometimes i have bad hairdays. and i keep on buying clothes to make me pretty, but when im standing in front of my closet, i feel like i have nothing to wear and get depressed bout it? is there something wrong with me??

#22 Ingman

Ingman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

personally.. i would say that you should not concentrate on stuff u have no control over anyway... beaty is something you are born with.
Instead u can work on looking healthy... neat... clean... confident.. etc

spending time on stuff u have no influence in... is a waste.. as u can actually work being healthy, confident.... and eventually be more attractive.

#23 salientblue_viel0912

salientblue_viel0912

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

oh have you head about the ugly duckling. i believe in that. lol.

coz when i was a kid i was like not really the prettiest girl around and i envy that thing.. i want beauty, brains and talent... and when i was a kid... I only had talent... and then as I grow up I am like kind of brainy and now..... yea the one left is also fulfilled.

not everyone is born to be ugly... it takes time....

if something bothers you about physical attractiveness... close your ears and sing a rock song.... lol... that will get them!

well i have a problem too just u guys.... i have pimples... and i think they're horrible but i say to myself... who cares.... coz even though it glows red (especially under the sun).... lol... they wouldnt find someone identical as me.

im unique like that.

Edited by salientblue_viel0912, 29 January 2009 - 02:58 AM.

#24 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

so i think u should randomly find some one u dont know and ask them. if they are a stranger they wont lie to u.

Oh yeah. Just walk up to a stranger. "Sorry, Mr Stranger, but do you think I'm pretty?" .

What part of the universe do you live in where that's normal behavior? And what part of the universe do you live in where strangers never lie?

What most of you girls don't understand is, beauty is a PERCEPTION. One person may think you're cute, another thinks you're totally ugly. Both are correct. So why should the opinion of one stranger matter?

A lot of you girls need to know that you need to offer guys someone other than your looks. Usually, girls with no personality, no brains, no compassion, no sense of fairness, no nothing -- these are the ones most concerned with their looks. They have nothing else to offer except wearing tight clothing and giving guys a hard-on.

#25 rosa_123

rosa_123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

some time when u has confidence, it always make u prettier than before, and ppl can notice that!!!! well if u want people to like you, you have to start likeing your self first, be your self #1 fan XDDD

#26 Guest_Guest_jackie_*_*

Guest_Guest_jackie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:24 AM

or ever dated before. And when you look in the mirror you find yourself ok looking but sometimes you feel ugly. so how can you actually know if you are ugly or not. Do you guys judge yourself or do you let other ppl judge you?

well the truth is you are uigly if you say you are if you tell your self your pretty you are it's about your selfesteme okay it's very important .. inever had that i've been called ugly my whole life and i belived it but ppl tell me i'm pretty and i still don't belive them not because i don't want to because i just it's hurts and i feel like "wow they think im pretty?" psss.... yeah it's you weather you think that or not don't let ppl put you down... don't put your self down trust me it doesn't work, and it doesn't feel good period.

#27 Ocean168

Ocean168

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3913 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Self confidence and self esteem are the most important aspects to lift up your
presentable outlook....

You can beautify yourself by make-up, the way you dress and speak etc.
If you lack the outer beauty, than build up your inner beauty.....

Everyone is unique and beautiful in a way. ….
Even though, lots of guys will be looking for outer beauty at first sight.

And of course every gal will be flattered if there are people who praised them
for their outlook…this is inevitable…I was cajoled too when I received compliments..haha..

#28 ~*~ Angelic * Devil ~*~

~*~ Angelic * Devil ~*~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

It's normal to have ups and downs in life, and sometimes u'll feel great, and others not-so-good. But tht's natural. In my opinion, nobody is 100% perfect, and there's no such thing as a totally "pretty" or "ugly" person. Everyone has different tastes, so a certain person who seems realli pretty to one person myt not seem tht appealing to another. So if u ask ppl for their opinions, ur likely to get a lot of variation, but remember this: there's always ppl out there who find u pretty while others dnt. Dnt stress too much about it, bcoz beauty is classified differently in different ppl's eyes, and there will always b ppl who find u beautiful. :)

#29 sunsfan12

sunsfan12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

i hate it when people say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. if that's the case, then that means a portion of people could see a girl or guy that's 2 out of 10, to be beautiful. if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what's the point of even trying? someone will think you're great, isn't that right? seriously, whoever made up that concept must be ugly themselves and just needed a confidence booster.

also, on the topic of confidence... as a guy, i have encountered girls who are like.. 4 out of 10s, yet they think they're hot sh*t. they act real confident and guys just can't help but laugh. confidence is not the key, i'm sorry. it's important, but only one factor.

#30 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:37 AM

i hate it when people say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. if that's the case, then that means a portion of people could see a girl or guy that's 2 out of 10, to be beautiful. if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what's the point of even trying? someone will think you're great, isn't that right? seriously, whoever made up that concept must be ugly themselves and just needed a confidence

I believe this is mostly incorrect, and here's how I can prove it:

Take a random sampling of ten girls that are similar in age. Ask your guy friends to rank them from prettiest to uglist. I guarantee you that their rankings will be different, sometimes very drastically. This proves beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

You're right for only a select group of girls. For the top 5% of girls and the bottom 20%, there is usually near-universal agreement on their looks. Outside of this group, there is a great deal of subjectivity. If all guys saw beauty the same way, we'd all chase the same girls.

also, on the topic of confidence... as a guy, i have encountered girls who are like.. 4 out of 10s, yet they think they're hot sh*t. they act real confident and guys just can't help but laugh. confidence is not the key, i'm sorry. it's important, but only one factor.

I will agree with this to a point. For a guy, if he's confident, it will seriously boost his attractiveness. This has been proven by guys who are experts at picking up girls. Once Project JSBach gets underway, I believe most guys who participate will expereince this boost first-hand.

For girls, confidence will boost her looks a bit, but it won't have as dramatic of an effect as it does for guys. Take two girls who are similar in looks. Clearly, the outgoing confident one will have more success in the social marketplace. This proves confidence is a factor...albeit a smaller one.

For guys, confidence can cause him to go from a "3" to a "9", like Neil Strauss and Mystery. For girls, it may make her go from "6" to "7" (perhaps a "7.5" if the guys at the party are REALLLY drunk).

Edited by JSBach, 12 September 2009 - 12:42 AM.

#31 sunsfan12

sunsfan12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:47 AM

i understand what you're saying. if i asked my friends, i think we'd actually all have the same conclusions. a few girls might be switched around in our rankings, but i dont think it'd be drastically different. i think it's more like, top 20% and bottom 30% can be agreed upon, something larger than your percentages.

your argument that we'd all be chasing the same girls, in my previous experience, that is actually true. my friends and i tend to like the same kind of pretty / hot girls, but this might have to do w/ demographics. i live in maryland, usa where good looking asian girls although are not rare, are still uncommon.

finally, yeah confidence is a much bigger impact for guys than girls.

Edited by sunsfan12, 12 September 2009 - 01:49 AM.

#32 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

First of all you need some self confidence! If you feel pretty, then you are pretty! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Some might say you are pretty, then some might say you are not, for those who think you are ugly, then stuff them!

#33 SleepingSnake

SleepingSnake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

like Aknight said "no one is ugly", but there are always somebody who looks better than other. To know if you pretty or ugly is simple, just look at yourself in the mirror you will know if you pretty or not but, that only your opinion. For the guys if you go out and when the hot girls look at you and smile then you know you look hot or above average; if the average look at you and smile but not the hot one then you know your look is just average, same for the girls just switch place with the guys in this theory. But seriously if you really pretty and some people say you ugly it doesn't make you ugly, lets say if somebody say liu yi fei, or jessica alba is ugly you know that they are lying, maybe to those people fei and alba is o.k looking but it doesn't mean they look ugly.

#34 jandari

jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Looking Good is important.
There is a difference between being beautiful and making yourself looking beautiful.
Some are lucky enough to have great genes and inherited the "goodlooks" from both sides of the family.
Others, may take time and effort to look their best.
It does matter..because it's the first thing we see in a person.
The problem is, we too, are at fault sometimes.
We are the first person to judge ourselves and the "beauty" of others.
I did an experiment when I was in college.
I got 2 women to sell diaries. Both women were selling the product on the same street.
Person A-was a pretty girl..the beauty queen type. Fair skinned.
Person B-was the girl next door, who was charming and had great skills in sales. Tan complexion.
Who do you think had more sales that day without any effort at all!!??
Yup Yup..It's Person A.
Everyone was ready to buy the diary from her, even if they don't have any idea what they were buying. All that matters is that they got + points for having the pretty girl's attention, even for a few minutes.
Person B, no matter how great she was marketing her product, some people only bought stuff from her, because they pity her. Some were even ignoring her. Others were simply not interested.
Sad...but this is reality 101.
My personal theory on beauty is that, there is always a room for improvement.
Your beauty is your personal choice.

Edited by alexann, 16 January 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#35 Guest_ppl_*

Guest_ppl_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

you can just tell by looking in the mirror. you would know what looks good or not by seeing other people on tv and real life. if you've seen a good side of yourself in the mirror, then you know you can look good at times, and if you dont look good at times, you know you look bad today but CAN look good since you've seen it before

then you just work on what you wear and how you do your hair (hair parting, haircut) and try look better if you want. sometimes, overtime, your face changes and you look better

you just know when you look in the mirror, and once you find something you like about yourself, you wont be questioning yourself

#36 xercen

xercen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

You know you are good looking when everybody wants to be your friend. When i go to a club or bar women look at me and start talking amongst themselves.

But for men just being good looking ain't everything. We also need a personality and a good job otherwise women aren't interested.

Luckily i have all the above.

But for women they need to be very good looking since men don't care about anything other than looks. For asian women that means trying to be white. The irony is that asian women wanna be white but it's their ethnicity that attracts white guys so they should be happy with their ethnic features.

The fact is if you are ugly and a girl u have makeup so that helps but let's face it that osborne girl is just goddam ugly..kelly osborne and no amount of makeup is gonna help that ugly face. Same with sarah jessica parker and rumer willis. I wouldn't have sex with them even for money!

But if u have a great personality guys love that. I've met girls who aren't so stunning but when u talk to them and u have the same interests they seem to look more attractive.

Now i'm trying to be honest here so don't take it personally.

Fact is if you aren't good looking and beautiful as a women then u need to compensate with a great personality. I've met some fat girls who had amazing personalities but unfortunately that was all they had.. I definately wish they had a different face and body to go with that personality then i would be 100% interested. Same with some beautiful girls i've dated. Some are gorgeous but they have the most boring personality that u just start to daydream about sports and think about things while pretending to listen to her nonsense.

Edited by xercen, 18 January 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#37 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:13 AM

Well im conceited so i do look at myself in the mirror alot and i always just stare at myself and say "wow i look so good" LMAO!
it only builds my ego when all the guys ive met generally compliments me after a few time of talking
and ive been liked by alot of guys.
ok im not here to advertise myself but im just saying that guys compliment me not because im "naturally beautiful" no had to apply make up on and i have to wear nice clothes for those compliments.
and i have confident so it comes off and it makes people notice me more.
Every girl feels they are ugly sometimes.. to get over that this is what u do,
u should look at yourself in the mirror everyday.. after ur done "getting ready" then compliment yourself over just one aspect
like "Oh my eye liner looks good today" or "this color shirt looks good on my skin" or even "my face is so clean today"
just something small.. and u tell yourself that something everyday for a week. then next week say something else nice to yourself.
eventually u will have confident and even though u have days where u think u look ugly u'll be saying "at least _________ looks good"
like me when my hair is messed up i would tell myself "at least my make up looks nice"
or when i have a pimple i would say "at least my bangs look good"
ect

#38 Guest_zsx_*

Guest_zsx_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

people who keep telling themselves they are pretty and keep thinking that are doomed to find themselves ugly when lookingg in the mirror. people who keep telling themselves and keep thinking their ugly are destined to find themselves looking ok to attractive in the mirror. in the end, we'll never be able to decide whether we look good orr not if we just stare at mirros because on days when you feel you ook really good, you have higgh expectations before going to the mirror, and wn you take a look at yourself you geet a little disspointed because your expectations were too high. and for people who think they look ugly that day, their expectations are so low that when they do look in the mirror they get pleasently surpised.

so dont look in the mirror if you want to answer that burning question; am i hot or not. instead, you dont give a sh*t about any of that and just live the rest of your life not caring, and youll be at peace with yourself. thats pretty hard to accomplish though. so if you have, props to you. but if youre like me and youre still lookin at mirrors all day, then be like me, on 'bad' days dont give a f*ck, and on 'good' days be confident. that way, theres no harm done either way

#39 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3863 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

In general, girls who think they're pretty usually aren't as pretty as they think they are. And girls who think they're ugly usually aren't as ugly as they think they are.

#40 Guest_kaeden_*

Guest_kaeden_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Different people have different tastes. There is no universal standard or template of what "hot" or "ugly" is. There might be a standard that 99% of people think are hot but there is still the 1% that thinks that standard is not hot.
So dont get too bothered over your looks. If someone truly likes you, they will like you no matter what you look like.