jerry yan ella chen down with love taiwan drama

1659 replies to this topic

#1241 Myvi

我爱言承旭

• Forum Masters
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

View Postshyun_y, on 17 February 2010 - 06:40 AM, said:

In response to media’s questions about his purchases of house and car as gifts to Lin earlier, Jerry appeared reluctant to answer. Meanwhile Ella immediately jumped to his defence and joked, “Now the said assets are under my name.”
i sure love Ella answers.. hahaaaa...

Meanwhile GTV expressed that they would try to find an appropriate time for both artistes to go on [Here Comes KangXi] again.
i dont like kangxi but if tis will enable to see one more time of Jerry & Ella on promo activities for DWL..... i willingly "gulp" my dislikes..

Definitely agree that DWL deserves a good rating with all the hard work put in by the artistes, the wonderful work done and also all the unpleasantness they had to bear~~~

I don't understand why there are people who are just out to discredit and slam at another's hard work and efforts due to the insecure monstrous devil in their hearts and minds called "jealousy". If someone has really put in the hard work to sow the fruit of their own labour, why can't we celebrate success for what we each believe in and love and what we can achieve? Instead of wasting time and efforts to ruin another, why not channel the efforts into positive energy to show true support for what they believe in...
Sy, envy will bring out the certain side of ppl....
anyway, i'm kinda sad for Jerry & Ella when they finally knew abt the leakage..Ella really wanna us to support their work.."pls watch on TV" and Jerry when been told abt tis way in Japan...has mixed feeling and could feel his disappointment.."2 episodes just only shown in Taiwan and tis things happened".

#1242 f4evermania

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

AGREE WITH U clapclap clapclap :thumbsup :thumbsup

Edited by Myvi, 17 February 2010 - 06:16 PM.
got to write more coz too short one liner post usually consider a spam post... we are very happy if you could share more on your thought..

#1243 Alayna

~LuvJiaHua~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

Thanks Sy for the translations of the blog entry.. I can feel the blogger's happiness while filming DWL... Agreed with her/him, how could someone like Ella, who would do anything to ensure the success of the filming been called "difficult"..

I really hope that they will appear in Kangxi or whatever show to promote DWL...

A clip where DWL cast giving away the red packet... XXB was so cute...

Credit: Ellahkfc

Edited by Alayna, 17 February 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#1244 Myvi

我爱言承旭

• Forum Masters
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

View PostMyvi, on 12 February 2010 - 02:20 AM, said:

i like to give a few reminder here:

1. any discussion related to the pirated copy of DWL will be deleted
2. any links that related to those pirated copy if posted here will be deleted
3. any spoiler regarding the pirated copy will also be deleted
4. and the most important of all any flaming and try to create a mess of argument here will definitely be given a warning and deletion of the post. pls do not bring the culture of behavior from certain sites here at DWL AF thread...

so, i hope you will understand clearly...

my last warning...

Do not flaming again here at DWL AF thread...

#1245 karenleehs

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:09 AM

I pledge to only watch 'Down With Love' after it has shown on CTV.....

It's not an easy thing for me to do coz youtube is just a click away, but for the past two days (since i chanced upon the pirated ones on youtube) i have been telling myself to be fair to Jerry and Ella.

Also, it's more fun to talk about the show after everyone has seen it and enjoy sharing the moments of the show.

I feel that i have to do my part and as i have read somewhere that the pirated one has a virus, i posted comments to warn other viewers. Also, i tried to flag the subscribers who posted the pirated ones on youtube.... not sure whether it's the right flag, i used spam, fraud as a flag.

Unfortunately, i view the leaked versions as a double edged weapon by the producers. Due the competitive industries, the leaked ones might have been released by the producers themselves.

If the ratings surpass other dramas, then the producers are still happy, coz though it has leaked, viewers still support the drama,

If the ratings rank lower than other dramas, they will use the leaked reason as an excuse.

Conclusion, regardless of the ratings, i enjoy DWL and i love Jerry and Ella's pairing..... just like Vic's WTSYA, ratings were low but it is still a great drama nonetheless......

#1246 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

I've just watched Episode 2 of DWL via Singapore's Channel U.
As like my greatest fear... this serial was horribly edited. Well, despite all the talks about having freedom of speech, no discrimination against gays etc, our most "liberal" authorities responsible for screening the serial have been most "stringent" in their cut! It is to the extent that I am feeling ashamed of the kind of messages being said and the actions being practised.

The cut scenes in conservative Sg version so far were:

Ep 1 - The "kiss" between Yanling and Guo Guo

Ep 2
- The part of the theatre instructor giving explanation and tips to Guo Guo on how lesbian image is like. In Sg version, they just screen the instructor doing warm-up and then saying acting starts from observing the character one is to portray. Then the next moment, it "fast-forwarded" to the part whereby YD and YL were outside the room saying it will cost $3000 to engage this instructor while in the far background YG was imitating how to walk like a boy.

- The scene whereby the gay teacher, XYP, YG and YL were in the meeting room of the lawyer firm. The part of YG counselling the teacher to come clean with his parents who love him. The part whereby it featured XYP showing touched by YG's belief of real love. And the part of the pantry area whereby XYP and YG had a talk and YG subsequently telling herself not to fall for XYP was totally cut!!!! :thumbdown

- Even YG's adorable part of saying her sister "Don't give a sh*t!" about her "preference" was cut. So it ended up only showing YG dressing up like a boy entering the house, telling the siblings she'll wait for them outside the house. Then the next instance it was showing YG being "shot" by Yuting with that toy gun...

I really speechless and disappointed with the cuts done by the Sg side. DUH...

Anyway, I look forward to the airing of Ep 3 tomorrow via CTV! Ping-Guo, Jia You! :yeah

Edited by shyun_y, 20 February 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#1247 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

NEWS

Date: 20/2/2010

Source:
http://www.cdns.com....22020225742.htm

Spoiler

Translation:

[Down With Love] Strives for Ratings, Jerry on His Knees After Ella’s Kneeling

Ella has two kneeling scenes in the first two episodes of [Down With Love] which sent the viewership ratings to peak. In the upcoming episode 3, there will not only be bigger scenes such as Xiang Yu Ping’s law firm being smashed, explosion, abduction; but also the male lead, Jerry Yan will go down on his knees before Ella.

[DWL]’s production team has spent a hefty 6-figured sum to do up the male lead, Jerry Yan’s law firm. But for the sake of one particular scene, all the furnishings and glass within the “law firm” will be smashed to pieces. The extent of this particular scene has got Jerry and Xiao Xian shocked. When the glass shattered, Jerry even used his body to shield Xiao Xian and she said immediately to Jerry, “Please don’t do this. One’s look is an important asset in this industry.” She was worried that his handsome face would be injured by the shattered glass pieces. Meanwhile Ella has been waiting on the set since the early morning. Eventually her filming part only commenced in the afternoon, and the scene was only to shoot her back view. She joked and said she must have been “the biggest shot for an extra”. Nonetheless, Ella shared merrily, “But filming has always been like this!”

While filming the scene of smashing the office, everyone was worried that the big glass panel might not break “aesthetically”, hence just trying to plot the camera angles for everything to be taken in view took the team nearly an hour. When actual filming commenced, it took only one shot to film everything. Xiao Xian sighed and said, “I’ve never thought everything would be so perfect.” She even praised Jerry as being very “manly”. “My boss is very composed and does not look frightened at all.” Jerry also added, “The actual effect was better than expected. Initially we were worried the glass panel would only chip and not break into pieces.” Although Ella was not involved in filming this scene, she was waiting by the side to film another scene and witnessed the whole process of the office being smashed. She exclaimed, “The production team is very rich!” Meanwhile when the extras (background actors) were rehearsing their steps for the upcoming scene, Ella was excited and wanted to join in the fun. She put on the mask to disguise as one of the bad guys to enjoy “playing bad”. But the minute she was near the smashed glass, she immediately retreated and returned the mask and bat to the crew members.

Posted Image
「就想賴著妳」衝收視,在第三集有大場面砸辦公室、爆破、綁架等情節。
[DWL] strives for ratings with big scenes such as smashing up an office, explosion and abduction scenes in episode 3.

~~ End of Translation ~~

Posted Image
A few more hours before we can all catch Episode 3 of [Down With Love]~~ Oh yes, the "explosive kiss" is coming up! :yeah

#1248 mcleen

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:53 AM

thanks for the news , Sy ..I am also looking forward to episode 3 tonight ....watched episode 2 0n 8tv last night and it seems that 8tv also cut lots of important scenes from episode 2 ...tsk!!

btw , have just read the latest news from udn , and it's said that in order to overcome piracy problems , GTV will call upon Ella and Jerry to re shoot the finale of DWL and they'll change the ending ... huhuh..don't know how true is this..but then I guess if this is going to be true , I'm happy with this..it's just that I hope Ella and Jerry won't be too pressured with lots of workloads then ..

Edited by mcleen, 21 February 2010 - 04:22 AM.

#1249 zunhua1810

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:14 AM

They will reshoot it Leen? I hope it is true! They should think of some ways to preserve DWL. But like you said I also hope it won't put much pressure on Baobei and Jerry. As we all know, her new album and maybe 3 stops of her world tour is coming up soon starting on March 6 then April 17 then May 29, that is within DWL airing. Maybe add another episode? Hehehe.

Gosh, I really hope they do something and I don't think they will refuse as long as they can.

#1250 Myvi

我爱言承旭

• Forum Masters
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:00 AM

geee...Malaysia also cut certain scenes like Singapore.... ?
so the version from mainland, Malaysia and Singapore been slashing a lot from the original storyline shown on CTV & GTV..

not sure abt the rating considering with the badly leakage, and i don't think both Jerry & Ella will have time for the re shot either..
GTV should have taken the fast steps earlier..sigh...anyway, really looking foward for tonight episode..and waiting for vikii to sub it as usual....

#1251 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:21 AM

View PostMyvi, on 21 February 2010 - 05:00 AM, said:

geee...Malaysia also cut certain scenes like Singapore.... ?
so the version from mainland, Malaysia and Singapore been slashing a lot from the original storyline shown on CTV & GTV..

not sure abt the rating considering with the badly leakage, and i don't think both Jerry & Ella will have time for the re shot either..
GTV should have taken the fast steps earlier..sigh...anyway, really looking foward for tonight episode..and waiting for vikii to sub it as usual....

Well, the different official versions are going to keep us really busy I guess. We will end up having to watch the different official versions for the fullest picture. I share the sentiment that Jerry and Ella are probably too [Down with Work] to film another ending for [Down with Love]... Well, a situation of "good to have" versus "can have"...

Not sure if Non-Singaporeans can apply for this. This is MobTV from Singapore. It will show the repeat free telecast for the Singapore episodes of DWL. (Not sure if registration is free though. Terms & conditions apply)

http://www.mobtv.sg/...110&menuid=1280

I think the Sg version on MobTV will be like the one screened on TV i.e. with the English subtitles.
So anyone interested can try to register with MobTV and watch the English-subbed version of DWL (Singapore version).

Yes, I am so looking forward to tonight's telecast of DWL Ep 3! :yeah

On another note, to the many rational fans of even other idol drama serials who have shown support towards DWL by joining in to flag against pirated uploads. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. As we know you are righteous people who truly appreciate the hard work and efforts and respect the artistes and crew members, no matter who you are really supporting.

Piracy is never just a single drama's issue. What goes around comes around! As fans who love and support our own idol, we must work together too, to protect the intellectual property of our loved ones. On that note, we are all the same. :yeah

Spoiler

Edited by shyun_y, 21 February 2010 - 07:50 AM.

#1252 Myvi

我爱言承旭

• Forum Masters
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:38 AM

Sy, as knowing all the airing has different version of DWL, waiting for the official broadcast from CTV & GTV are the most appropriate as CTV doesn't has many slashed scenes and GTV has a complete full version...anyway, being illiterate in chinese has a good side to it... made one to be patient for the official broadcast and the sub one.. :D

Edited by Myvi, 21 February 2010 - 05:38 AM.

#1253 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

View PostMyvi, on 21 February 2010 - 05:38 AM, said:

Sy, as knowing all the airing has different version of DWL, waiting for the official broadcast from CTV & GTV are the most appropriate as CTV doesn't has many slashed scenes and GTV has a complete full version...anyway, being illiterate in chinese has a good side to it... made one to be patient for the official broadcast and the sub one.. :D

On a lighter note, you are right about waiting for the sub.
LOL~ I, on the other hand, am spoilt for choice to watch so many official versions of the episodes.
I've even worked out a schedule~
On Saturday I will watch Sg's official version to support local ratings and also for the super clear resolution. Then I will watch GTV's official version (uploaded by fans) for the full story... On Sunday, I will watch the following official episode of DWL via CTV! LOL~~
Then throughout the week, I will pick my favourite and clearest official version to review and reminisce the scenes~~~~ :innocent

News

Date: 21/2/2010

Source:
http://udn.com/NEWS/...7/5430049.shtml

Spoiler

Translation:

[Down With Love] Meets with Piracy Issues, With Intentions to Re-film Ending

GTV and CTV’s latest idol drama – [Down With Love] met with severe piracy issues during the Chinese New Year (CNY). With only 2 episodes officially aired, the pirated version of the serial has been fully released. As a result, China’s website, Tudou web, which has earlier purchased the copyright to upload this serial, has to feature the full series for [DWL] from episode 1 to 28. Concerned on the impact of the viewership ratings due to the piracy issues, the top management of the TV stations held a meeting till midnight on the eve of CNY. They have sought legal advice and issued official letters to the Taiwanese parties. GTV even contemplated to overcome all odds by having Jerry and Ella to re-film the ending for the serial, to combat the rampage caused by the act of piracy.

The weekend idol dramas’ fight for viewership ratings appeared to be intense. Lego Lee and Baron Chen in CTS [Because of You] are gaining awareness amongst viewers. Although still in the top spot, SET [Autumn Concerto], starring Vanness Wu, is about to finish telecast soon, and [P.S Man] with Blue Lan, Sonia Sui and Bianca Bai will take over the time slot. Meanwhile currently in second top position, CTV and GTV [Down With Love], featuring attractions of Jerry Yan and Ella, has shown potential to take the top place in viewership ratings. However the widespread piracy problem that occurred just before CNY has resulted in anyone who visit Tudou web in being able to view the full serial of [DWL] and can even make online purchase for the serial’s DVD.

In fact in the history of Tudou web, [DWL] is the first idol drama serial, for the website to have made purchase for its legal and official copyright to upload. Similarly, Anhui TV, with the legal copyright, has also intended to air [DWL] only during the school vacation and Tudou web was supposed to follow the initial contractual agreement to upload [DWL]. However given the incident of the leakage of [DWL] during the process of delivery of the original film to the relevant parties, it took less than 72 hours for the pirated version to infiltrate the whole of the China market, Tudou web felt victimized and started to upload all 28 episodes onto its website yesterday. They also have intention to pursue compensation from the film dealers.

~~ End of Translation ~~

Something to brighten up our day of waiting for [DWL] for this evening's coming telecast~~~

Posted Image

Credit: Echo of Baidu XU-HUA Forum

Please do not modify artwork and to credit original source at all times.

Edited by shyun_y, 21 February 2010 - 06:07 AM.

#1254 Myvi

我爱言承旭

• Forum Masters
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:15 AM

though i doubt it with GTV slow action, still wish GTV could do something to ease the damage....
the last i heard the viewership already reach this figure...3,000,000 :blink:
just support the best as we could for Jerry & Ella and all the cast.. :thumbsup

#1255 f4evermania

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

I'm so excited to hear that the ending will be refilmed :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
hope this will not be a burden for jerry n ella because they both are sooooo busy
yaiiy can't wait to watch the bomb kiss tonight hahahahha :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

#1256 fatty2

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

View PostMyvi, on 21 February 2010 - 06:15 AM, said:

the last i heard the viewership already reach this figure...3,000,000 :blink:
just support the best as we could for Jerry & Ella and all the cast.. :thumbsup

i think DWL made history. with just 2 episodes shown, the interest generated is already so great. the power of the pairing of Jerry & Ella is really amazing.

#1257 BKzzard

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

This whole saga is so ironic because it was such an entertaining series to get pass Chinese New Year holidays that i couldn't resist chasing the entire series on the net.......48hrs straight. I wouldn't have done that had the drama been boring. I'm not Jerry's or Ella's fan if that matters.

It's unwarranted publicity which will draw enormous viewers for the series but then, the TV stations have to reckon with the advertisers. What the TV stations could possibly face is law suits from the advertisers. They paid for the exclusive prime time and now it's not exclusive anymore. And if the distributors in China were the cause for the leak during 'deliveries' - i say that is a dense act. They should pay for the massive losses.

All right, you could throw tomatoes at me for falling into temptation. The second irony is i sat through the TV telecast last weekend as well. I thought it was worth it until one of you mentioned about the censored scenes. It merely makes me realise why i didn't laugh as hard in my second sitting.

#1258 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

View PostBKzzard, on 21 February 2010 - 07:00 PM, said:

All right, you could throw tomatoes at me for falling into temptation.

Welcome to DWL, BKzzard. There are always 2 sides to a coin like you said.

No worries, we won't throw tomatoes. :innocent Just that we may need to seek your understanding to hold back any "urges" you might have at any point in time to share sneak previews into the story before the official Taiwan telecast. Thanks in advance.

Do hope you'll continue to stay tuned for the TV telecast too. The different cuts and versions via the various channels will probably vary in terms of pace, build-up, "intact-ness" of the story. So each viewing experience is bound to differ too.

Edited by shyun_y, 21 February 2010 - 07:24 PM.

#1259 Puffins

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

View Postfatty2, on 21 February 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

i think DWL made history. with just 2 episodes shown, the interest generated is already so great. the power of the pairing of Jerry & Ella is really amazing.

after viewing some video clips on the interview of these 2.... i mus said that this is a fresh pairing had worked amazing well and with explosive result..

They seem to become good friends offscreen as well and i hope their friendship will last forever... :)

They do seem are really comfortable with each other and I guess Ella's bubbly personality always cheer up those around her. In fact, Jerry even said that the Entertainment Circle is lucky to have her (Ella) as an artiste around... She does make a difference :D

Kudo to the team & cast and wish that this show will be a huge success!

#1260 donna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

View Postshyun_y, on 21 February 2010 - 07:23 PM, said:

Welcome to DWL, BKzzard. There are always 2 sides to a coin like you said.

No worries, we won't throw tomatoes. :innocent Just that we may need to seek your understanding to hold back any "urges" you might have at any point in time to share sneak previews into the story before the official Taiwan telecast. Thanks in advance.

Do hope you'll continue to stay tuned for the TV telecast too. The different cuts and versions via the various channels will probably vary in terms of pace, build-up, "intact-ness" of the story. So each viewing experience is bound to differ too.

I wanted to see the difference between the pirated episode and the episode that are aired from CTV. I'm glad they edited out some scenes (especially the scens with Hui fan acting in her movie), but there are little bits of scenes that I wish they kept in to make the show last longer. I'm a bit sadden overall because there's this realization of CTV's solution into fixing the pirating issue is by cutting out scenes. I was really hoping that instead of editing out scenes they would put in more YG or XYP scenes. I was excited to learn that the series might be 28 episodes, but then to see that it maybe reduced to 25 episodes is just the pits.

#1261 fatty2

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:45 AM

it seems GTV is trying to organise a fans meet in March with Jerry & Ella. yay, i hope the arrangements will go thru. :excited :excited .

#1262 Natalie215

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

Fatty, I saw the news as well. Goodness, I really hope this can happen. It'll be great to see Jerry and Ella's interactions and what the heck their take on the whole piracy issue. Just get them on some show so we PingGuo fans can see some cuteness. :thumbsup

#1263 zunhua1810

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

I really hope it's true. Although it's too bad I don't think I can go to Taiwan now as I already persuaded my father to let me watch Ella's concerts in SG and TW. Huhuhu. To Attend their fan meet is my first plan but then as they said before they are too busy to have some fan meets. I am dying to meet them, I prefer meeting Ella with Jerry than Ella with her groupmates whom I despised so much especially now.

It will be a very good tactic. I don't think people can resist if they see Ella and Jerry promoting. If their schedule permits, then have some fan meets and maybe reschedule the Kang Xi and 100% Entertainment guestings. And yeah, the other guesting in Azio I think? I just hope they will manage Ella's schedule well, March is also their album launch and a concert stop in Malaysia and of course Jerry's schedule as well.

They really should do something to control the "damage."

#1264 judayette

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

ouch.....

Initially, I was badly affected by the piracy and the DWL Taiwan 3rd episode rating....

But as of this writing....whew....my blood pressure is already normal...Now I am grinning wickedly...coz I almost can't contain my happiness while watching episode 3 over and over and over (at Viki.net, huh)

Yeah....they were asking me if I win lottery...I just answered NO...I am watching YG and XYP:

And then...they answered....what?, can we see? There...and they found out that YG is Ella and XYP is Jerry (both in Hanakimi and Meteor Garden - the most famous Taiwan drama serial ever in the Philippines)...

Now, they are catching me up...they ordered me (not requesting) to download episode 1, 2 & 3 for them to watch!

Kya.....because according to them...they love to watch Jerry and Ella because there is something in them that they wanna discover! What is it? Don't know except XYP has started to fall for YG and vice versa.... :loool:

#1265 Myvi

我爱言承旭

• Forum Masters
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:22 AM

GTV starts to going in a panic & nervous state now... first the re filming and now the fans meet... though i dont mind and very excited abt the extra or extended scenes (Ping Guo wedding night :whatup ) and the fans meet :iloveyou: ... or more promo activities :thumbsup like on kangxi .... just watever GTV trying to do, i hope they won't given pressure to both Jerry & Ella.. they both already have a hectic & killing schedule...

#1266 fatty2

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

View PostNatalie215, on 23 February 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

Fatty, I saw the news as well. Goodness, I really hope this can happen. It'll be great to see Jerry and Ella's interactions and what the heck their take on the whole piracy issue. Just get them on some show so we PingGuo fans can see some cuteness. :thumbsup

3/14 - White Valentine's Day

keep our fingers crossed that PingGuo both can attend the meet.

#1267 Natalie215

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:00 PM

View Postfatty2, on 24 February 2010 - 12:42 PM, said:

Fatty, my whole body is like contorted into a super pretzel. I seriously hope both can attend. Seeing the whole casts together for a reunion would be great as well but it's not a reunion with PingGuo. Saw on baidu that Japan will be airing DWL on 4/30. Don't know if their will be promotions in Japan or not but one can wish.

#1268 Myvi

我爱言承旭

• Forum Masters
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

View Postfatty2, on 24 February 2010 - 12:42 PM, said:

the fansites already stated as confirm only the venue is still yet to be determined... hope it will pushed through...
tis will be gonna be a major gathering for both of Ping Guo fans..

View PostNatalie215, on 24 February 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

Saw on baidu that Japan will be airing DWL on 4/30. Don't know if their will be promotions in Japan or not but one can wish.
really hope tat DWL will have a Japan promo too...

#1269 fatty2

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:01 AM

View PostNatalie215, on 24 February 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

Fatty, my whole body is like contorted into a super pretzel. I seriously hope both can attend. Seeing the whole casts together for a reunion would be great as well but it's not a reunion with PingGuo. Saw on baidu that Japan will be airing DWL on 4/30. Don't know if their will be promotions in Japan or not but one can wish.

lol, u can discontort yourself. 2/25 newsarticle state that both Jerry & Ella will be attending the DWL event on 3/14.

#1270 loudandlovely

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:27 AM

UGHHH, I so wish I was in Taiwan right now :( Jerry never has any events when I"m in Taiwan T____T

As for the refilming of the ending, I'm actually hoping that happens! Even though Jerry and Ella are probably really busy, I think it would help with the whole piracy thing. AND HOPEFULLY THE FANMEET DOES :D Can't wait to see the interaction between Jerry and Ella again, haha.

#1271 Alayna

~LuvJiaHua~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:55 AM

View PostMyvi, on 24 February 2010 - 03:22 AM, said:

GTV starts to going in a panic & nervous state now... first the re filming and now the fans meet... though i dont mind and very excited abt the extra or extended scenes (Ping Guo wedding night :whatup ) and the fans meet :iloveyou: ... or more promo activities :thumbsup like on kangxi .... just watever GTV trying to do, i hope they won't given pressure to both Jerry & Ella.. they both already have a hectic & killing schedule...

The good thing when GTV started to panic is we'll get to see more promotional activities for DWL.... I really hope that our Ping Guo could attend the White Valentine event... miss seeing their new interactions outside the series...

#1272 butterflyz2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:59 AM

Hai...everyone..:)..

Before im really mad and sad because the Pirated thing and the rating is drop....
but now im fell so excited to know PingGuo will having a fanmeets...on 3-14-10 and it call a White Valentine's Day
it sound so romantic dont u thing...yayyiiii.....so happy.....can see jerry in action again...im miss him so much...and ella too,
i will count the days from now on....just wish everything is acording to plan..Plss..plss..plsss....

#1273 zunhua1810

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:08 AM

Why it has to be on March? Waaaa! When I'm ready to go last January! Why should Ella's events be happening every month, now I can't go anymore! I am dying to attend their events!

Grrrr... I just hope they will both attend and those lucky fans can get lotsa pictures and videos of them.

#1274 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Sorry for the delay, Ping-Guo Angels.
I am really going crazy from trying to load AF these few days~~~
My google chrome & IE are not working well for me....

On the other hand, here's good news and a sweet treat for all~ :thumbsup

NEWS

Date: 25/2/2010

Source:
http://showbiz.china...2500017,00.html

Spoiler

Translation:

Jerry Yan & Ella to Hold Reunion on White (Valentine's) Day

To combat against the illegal download and piracy issues affecting CTV and GTV's idol drama serial - [Down With Love], the lead artistes, Jerry Yan and Ella will hold a "reunion" on White (Valentine's) Day on 14 March 2010. Joining the couple will also include Xiao Xiao Bin, the other cast members, as well as fans too, to celebrate the romantic White Day. The organisers are still in the midst of carefully arranging for the time, venue and format of this event. During last week's telecast of [DWL], the sweet and heartwarming scene of Jerry, Ella, Xiao Xiao Bin and Ji Xin Ling enjoying themselves at the amusement park left many viewers craving for more. When contacted, Ella shared that it has been a long while since she last enjoyed rides at the amusement park. "I visited an amusement park during my institution graduation vacation. The most recent visit was when filming [Magical Love] with Blue Lan." Ella shared that she is not afraid to try any rides in the amusement park regardless of the height of some of the facilities. However she shared, "I only dislike the rides that 'turn or spin' as one would feel nauseous just going round and round."

On the other hand, Jerry shared that it has been 10 years since he last visited an amusement park. He likes to visit the amusement park and especially to play the "free-fall" rides. The split-secconds during the descent of the rides would make one forget their woes. As for Xiao Xiao Bin, he was scared and turned pale after taking the roller coaster ride. But luckily Ella was there to hold him tight.

Posted Image
▲Ella(左起)、小小彬、紀欣伶及言承旭在遊樂園拍《就想賴著妳》因人氣太旺,後座的群眾搶當臨演。
Ella (from left), Xiao Xiao Bin, Ji Xin Ling and Jerry Yan filming a scene for [Down With Love] in the amusement park. Due to the artistes' popularity, members of the public sitting at the back of the roller coasters were all eager to act as extras.

~~ End of Translation ~~

Edited by shyun_y, 25 February 2010 - 03:10 PM.

#1275 judayette

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

View PostMyvi, on 24 February 2010 - 03:22 AM, said:

i am with you...i hope that ctv/gtv won't give too much pressure on jerry and ella....nowadays...these two lead artists are jet-setters due to their concerts, promotions and even guestings to other countries.... so pitiful!.... :down

#1276 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

PING-GUO ALERT!!

Source: http://www.ctv.com.t.../2010/withlove/

Spoiler

Translation:

[Announcement]

On 28/2 (Sunday), the repeat telecast of [Down With Love] will be telecast earlier at 1.30pm, please stay tuned!!

In the evening, the telecast of [Down With Love] Episode 4 will be 120-minute with a 30-minute exciting behind-the-scene edition.
Stay tuned for this upcoming exciting telecast!!

:yeah for more Ping-Guo moments on-and-off-screen!!!! :excited

Posted Image

Edited by shyun_y, 26 February 2010 - 04:21 AM.

#1277 judayette

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

err....forgive me for my ignorance...but March 14 is a WHITE VALENTINE'S DAY? I only know of valentines day every February 14... :wacko:

However...I am super excited to see YG and XYP and Ye Teng to have a reunion...I guess there would be lots of playings between Jerry and Ella...ha ha ha not to mention Xiao Xiao Bin coz that little boy is more behaved than the two big adults! :loool:

Well...I'll have to patiently wait for videos and pics on that special day.... :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Thanks SY....please accept my offering of a Grand Salute to you for translating this awesome news to the delight of many PING-GUO fans all over the world.... :hug

Edited by judayette, 25 February 2010 - 03:37 PM.

#1278 Alayna

~LuvJiaHua~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

View Postshyun_y, on 25 February 2010 - 03:17 PM, said:

PING-GUO ALERT!!

Source: http://www.ctv.com.t.../2010/withlove/

Spoiler

Translation:

[Announcement]

On 28/2 (Sunday), the repeat telecast of [Down With Love] will be telecast earlier at 1.30am, please stay tuned!!

In the evening, the telecast of [Down With Love] Episode 4 will be 120-minute with a 30-minute exciting behind-the-scene edition.
Stay tuned for this upcoming exciting telecast!!

er.. 1:30 am Sy? I'm so excited to watch the exciting BTS... clapclap

So it's confirmed that our Ping Guo couple will be attending the White Valentine's event... I'm so excited to watch them...

If I'm not mistaken, for the normal Valentine's day, usually the girlfriends/wives will give presents to the bf/husband but it is opposite for the White Valentine's day right? It is the bf/hubby's turn to return the favour to their gf/wives. It is so right event for DWL since he (XYP) is falling hard for her (YG)...

#1279 f4evermania

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

alayna: yes u'r right :thumbsup
usually as I know the day is called white day in japan when at the day boy will give back to his girlfriend a gift for response of choco he had before on valentines day
I 'm so excited to this event n I 'm pretty sure we can see romantic moments between YG n XYP as jerry n ella :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

shuny: ehmm I dont understand what the meaning of the news :wacko: :blink: :blink:
is it means that DWL ep 4 will be airing for 2hours full plusBTS?? so happy clapclap clapclap

love [left][/left

]

#1280 shyun_y

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:32 AM

View PostAlayna, on 25 February 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

er.. 1:30 am Sy? I'm so excited to watch the exciting BTS... clapclap

Ops... You caught me there, Alayna. AF is driving me nuts~ (took me 6 refreshes to get this page in order)
I think it is more logical to be 1.30pm... ^_^*

View Postf4evermania, on 25 February 2010 - 05:27 PM, said:

shuny: ehmm I dont understand what the meaning of the news :wacko: :blink: :blink:
is it means that DWL ep 4 will be airing for 2hours full plusBTS?? so happy clapclap clapclap

Just call me sy like everyone here does. Honestly I was trying to figure out the exact meaning of it...
120 minutes telecast including 30 minutes of BTS? Or 120 minutes telecast excluding 30 minutes BTS... ^_^*
I would think the former is more accurate... Fans with a better command of the Chinese Language, please help us out in comprehending this... :blush

Most importantly, for many of us who will probably be watching via PPS, do remember not to click off the connection after the usual 1.5 hour. Or else you will miss the excitement at the back too. After all, PPS is so~so~so~ hard to connect to nowadays...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users