AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

IU

iu kpop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 nthh

nthh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image

Stage name:IU
Birthday:May 16, 1993
Height:165cm
Weight:47 kg
Blood type:A
Specialty: Singing
Company: LOEN Entertainment

At a young age of 15, Lee Ji Eun debuted under the stage name IU, performing her debut single 미아 (Mia), which literally means – lost child. She has since ganered alot of attention and praises from other artists such as Gummy, Toy and Jung Jae Hyun for her impressive and versatile vocals.

Definitely one of the strongest debut of 2008 and a rising star to look out for, it is only a matter of time until her true potential is released.

Discography

Lost and Found – 1st Mini Album

Hidden Text:

MVs

Boo

Missing Child(MIA)

Edited by nthh, 23 May 2009 - 01:29 AM.

#2 AkuenKigahen

AkuenKigahen

<3 STMAVH

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

IU for Nail Up!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

cr: weheartiu

IU is so cute! I really like her song marshmallow.

Edited by AkuenKigahen, 04 February 2010 - 06:21 AM.

#3 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:39 AM

IU lends a hand for T.O.P. and Seungri's film, Nineteen

Posted Image

Hailed as 15-year-old diva of K-pop, IU released her single, Fifth Finger, on the 24th. The track is the original soundtrack of Korean-Japanese telecinema project film Nineteen (19), starring T.O.P. and Seungri of Big Bang. It has been used in the movie to raise the romantic ambiance between the characters.

Besides IU, other talented vocalists like Gummy, Lee Suk Hoon of SG Wannabe, and Changmin of 2AM have participated in the project entitled TELECINEMA7 as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm_GylQ1w0s
Credit: KaboomzaOne

Credit: allkpop

#4 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

BigBangisForever@wordpress

• Forum Masters
  • 11134 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

IU and Seulong takes No. 1 spot on Gaon's singles chart

Posted Image

Korean songstress IU and 2AM's Seulong took the No. 1 spot atop Gaon's singles chart with their duet single "Nagging" during the week of June 6 to 12.

According to data released by Gaon on Thursday, the two artists’ song climbed up 11 slots to score its first win on the music chart, pushing down three-week winner the Wonder Girls.

"Nagging," the latest collaboration between UI and Seulong, was released on June 3.

The latest tune "2 Different Tears" by the Wonder Girls dropped a notch from the previous week to second place, pushing back "Love" by CNBLUE down one spot to third.

Meanwhile, SS501's new mini-album "DESTINATION" continued its reign on Gaon's album charts for the second consecutive week.

Super Junior's fourth studio release "BONAMANA" held onto its position in second, while CNBLUE's second mini-album "Bluelove" rose to the No. 3 position.

http://10.asiae.co.k...061715100755487

Posted Image

http://10.asiae.co.k...061715081345311

#5 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:37 AM

[AUD] 100707 IU (아이유) - I Need A Boy on TenTen Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvEts3rL-Y

Credit: whiprettyduckling

#6 AkuenKigahen

AkuenKigahen

<3 STMAVH

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:01 AM

[news] IU, 'She Heard the Word 'Sunbaenim' From Victoria and Seo Inkook, Who Are 5 Years Older Than Her'

[Star's Yozm] 17-year-old IU is a solo singer. If you consider her looks, the age she debuted or her active image, she surely is classified as an idol. It is very rare to find a solo idol in the world of singers. However, in addition to carrying out activities alone, IU differs from other idols in other ways. The 'analogue' feeling she conveys is a bit different from the norm.

'Analogue' Idol IU
While idol groups express digital feelings through their group performances, she uniquely stands alone on the stage. There are songs like 'Marshmallow' that are based on electronic sounds, but in comparison to other idol groups whose songs seem to rely on the effects of such sounds, IU's songs do not.

IU was able to reach the top with her recent song 'Nagging', and this song seemed to stand out among IU's other songs. Just dueting with Im Seulong is enough to gain victory, and it is a song that is similar to the traditional Korean pop songs of the previous idol generation.

After her debut, it took her 2 years to rise to the top with 'Nagging'. Even though the time she spent to reach the top as an idol was longer than other idols, it creates an analogue feeling because it is very 'human'. Despite her young age she is now an experienced solo artist, which can lead to some funny situations. This is when the word 'sunbaenim' becomes uncomfortable for her.

"When f(x)'s Victoria, Seo Inkook and I exchanged greetings, I was completely confused when they called me 'sunbaenim'. I think it was because I debuted before them, but I told them not to call me that again, and now we just have a good unni and oppa relationship."

Literary IU

IU-on-stage and celebrity IU aren't the only ones who are analogue. If you get to see the natural IU, the analogue feelings she gives off become stronger. IU's hobby is reading and writing (a diary). Although she said "My homeroom teacher is the literature teacher, and because I really like that teacher, I like literature the most", it is not just about that teacher. Her interest in writing is considerable.

"I recently read a webtoon [online comic] called 'Sound of the Heart', which was good. I also like Alain de Botton and Guillaume Musso. Botton's 'Essays in Love' had many lines that made you think. Musso's 'What Would I Be Without You?' was good too, and I liked the peculiarity of Musso's surrealistic literary style."

"Even with a busy schedule, I always write in my diary. I can't decorate my diary well like other girls, but no matter how busy my activities are, I don't forget about my diary. When I'm tired, I at least write 'Because I'm tired, I don't feel like writing' in my diary."

On the Day She Gets 1st Place, IU Goes Home Silently
Talking to her felt as if I was talking to a literary girl who lived in an analogue age when radio, novels, and essays were the only methods that created poetic feeling. IU seems thoughtful and honest. Thoughtfulness and honesty combined with adolescence can sometimes lead to eccentricities. When we asked her about her thoughts on winning first place, she gave an unexpected reply.

"The day I got first place, my manager and Seulong wanted to stand at the front of the stage because they thought we would win. But I didn't stand there. It was because our competitor, CNBLUE, looked to have a better chance of winning. So, having not even considered the possibility of getting first place, I walked up awkwardly as I didn't know what to say. Also, although it was a happy and thankful period, I believed I hadn't done enough to deserve first place. So, I thought 'Is it okay to take this?' to myself."

"I knew I just sang a good song, so I wondered if this award should have been given to the songwriter. I was also helped a lot by Seulong. So, I truthfully don't feel excited that I got first place, even now. After the broadcast, I didn't go to the wrap-up party. The staff members went though. I felt as if I wasn't the hero, and because it was embarrassing to be congratulated with this feeling, I just went home. I looked at news, blogs and comments online, and I fell asleep."

I Like Sunbaes

When it comes to other artists her own age, there seems to be a little distance. "I am close to the Luna from f(x). Luna is the only friend who is near my age. Also, Wheesung, Donggyun and Gummy are singers I'm close to who gave me lots of help before my debut; Lyn and Baek Jiyoung took care of me since I've been active; and Na Yoongwon, Sweet Sorrow, Kim Heechul, Park Kyunglim and Lee Sooyoung are people who I got close to through radio shows."

"The singers I respect the most are Corinne Bailey Rae and Harim. I especially like how Harim makes music with such freedom. When you listen to his songs, you don't feel forced to listen to them. If I were the same age as Harim and if I had his skills, I want to compose a song with my own story and I want to sing it too."

When we asked her which singer she wanted to do a duet with (like how she did a duet with Seulong), she didn't choose any idols near her age. Instead, she chose singers who were at least 10 years older than her. "I want to duet with Kim Taewoo, Sung Shikyung, and Epik High. R&B, pop, hip-hop, regardless of genre, I want a challenge." She chose "Yoon Gaesang, Kim Jaewook, Kang Jihwan and Gong Woo" as partners for 'We Got Married'.

Fan-like IU

The singer can resemble the fans. When we asked her about her biggest mistake, she explained a time she had with a fan. "My fans are very shy. So, there was a time when I made a big mistake. In one internet broadcast, there was a time when I laughed 'woohaha' as I was singing in front of the fans. I burst into laughter because it was cute seeing the image of my fans cheering me on even though they were shy."

(this is the laughing incident)

Even though IU and her fans are not polished well, there is warmth there. That is why her relationship with her fans is so close. She remembers every episode she had with her fans. A time when she knocked into a fan at a theater, a time when a fan held onto her on the street... She clearly remembers them, to the point of specifically explaining each one even now.

'Analogue' IU's Destination As a Musician

As much as 'analogue' IU has thoughts, she has many concerns too, all related to music. Being realistic, in order for the public to accept her music she thought, "I think I need to lose a few pounds," and she considered going on a diet. Now, after breaking into the entertainment side as a regular she thought she needed to work harder, saying "It may be difficult to sing with a cute image because I have no cuteness."

But she has much larger thoughts and concerns about music. "In the upcoming mini album, I am preparing hard to show a different image and different music." Before every album, she worries about her new concept and dreams about becoming her own determined musician, saying "I want to become an adult quickly. Then, I may be able to put my own thoughts into my music."

Although IU is young and is an idol, she is more closely aligned with the traditional and sincere side of a singer instead of a magnificent entertainer. Instead of wanting to become a star where her fans follow her every dance and fashion, IU dreams of becoming a singer that reaches the inner hearts of fans with her music. We'll have to watch her growth to see if she is able to accomplish her dream.

Source: Osen/Daum
Translated by: kiwiannabear @WeheartIU.com
Spot translation: yuutsu
Edited by: TheFly @ WeheartIU.com

#7 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

[HD] IU / Seulong (2AM) - Nagging [Eng Sub/Romanized/Hangul] (아이유),(슬옹) TEASER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC4dyX-BssI

Credit: Billboard100KpopMnet

#8 DU_JUN_SU

DU_JUN_SU

doojoonism

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4234 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

IU “The cutest member of Big Bang? Taeyang”

Singer IU chose Taeyang as the cutest member of Big Bang and showed off a unique comic sense.

On the episode of SBS entertainment program ‘Heroes' that aired on the afternoon of the 15th, IU was on the bus headed to an amusement park when she showed off her unique sense of humor as she answered MC No Hong Chul's question about what high schoolers these days say.

IU replied, “A dragon flying to the sky in four words is, going on up dragon,” and, “The opposite of ‘this is small' is ‘it's big,'” and added, “High schoolers these days blow up at humor like this.” (Korean play on words.)

On this day, IU's highlight was her answer to the question, “The cutest member of Big Bang?” Shin Bong Sun guessed her answer correctly by saying ‘Taeyang,' and when asked the reason, IU replied, “Even though sometimes you can't reach me,” singing a verse from ‘Only Look at Me.' (Another play on words - the line from Taeyang's song sounds a lot like the phrase, Sometimes I'm really cute.)

But the atmosphere on the bus got cold with this corny humor, and IU seemed to get discouraged.

Regarding this, Shin Bong Sun said, “IU fans, don't misunderstand,” and after comforting IU, showed response to IU's gags with forced laughter and over-action.

source: nate
translation: seungie
shared by Yvonne @ bigbangupdates

#9 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

100916 Taeyang Twitter Photo Update with I.U

WHITH I.U ^__^
Posted Image

Credit: RealTaeyang@twitter

#10 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

• Forum Masters
  • 11134 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

Mychu CF

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLerZmwwt_I

via allkpop

#11 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

[2010.10.13] G20 "Let's Go" Full Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ9R_FZwTQM

Credit: prismatic7forum

#12 Finn the Human

Finn the Human

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:16 AM

wow this girl's got chops!!! hope she doesn't overstrain her cords though....i don't understand korean, but i can hear a great singer when i hear her. her english needs some work on, but when she sings in english, one doesn't really notice it because her vocals are almost flawless.

좋은 날 (Good Day) from her 3rd mini album is really good =)

Edited by Star Shaped GUMMY Bear, 18 January 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#13 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

• Forum Masters
  • 11134 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:58 AM

IU takes time off for health
January 20, 2011
By Hannah Kim Contributing writer

Posted Image

Female solo singer IU, who became popular with her new album “Real,” released Dec. 9, is putting an early end to promotional activities for the album.

“We are worried for IU’s health because of her busy schedule, and have decided to end the promotional period two weeks earlier than scheduled,” Leon Entertainment, her management company, said on Monday. “She will take a brief breather from her music career to regain her strength.”

The entertainment company also said the singer has been suffering from frequent colds.

Her last performance was on the Sunday SBS music program “Popular Music,” when she sang “Good Day.”

IU recorded a video message and posted on her official fan page after the performance, saying, “I thank all my fans for their support and will return soon. I will also focus on my role in the KBS drama, “Dream High.”

http://joongangdaily...asp?aid=2931198

#14 Finn the Human

Finn the Human

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

For those who want to see IU acting, she is currently in the Kdrama, "Dream High." IU doesn't have one of the main leads, but she is a major supporting character in the drama. She is doing a very good job of her character, Pil Suk. It's also a great drama so far, so I would recommend it.

IU meets star wars

#15 mutts.

mutts.

Addict

• Forum Crew
  • 6271 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

IU's released her latest album Real+ :)

Posted Image

Here is the MV (with English translation subtitles) of the main track <The Story Only I Didn't Know>.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UogbEVTc6AY

IU performing <The Story Only I Didn't Know> LIVE on KBS’s “Music Bank”:

Marking a 180 degree change from her song, “Good Day“, the singer’s newest title song tells the sad break-up story of a mysterious girl, played by actress Park Bo Young. IU also makes her appearance in the music video, portraying the conscious of the girl.

Having been composed by the famous singer, Yoon Sang, the song captures the nostalgia a girl feels for her ex-lover. Yoon Sang also participated in the music video as well, acting as the girl’s ex-lover who fleets between the girl’s fantasy and reality.

“The Story Only I Didn’t Know” shows off IU’s mature vocal skills and incorporates the sounds of piano and stringed instruments. Especially notable for its sentimental lyrics, the sad love song marks IU’s transition from a girl to a lady.

IU is set to begin her promotions for her newest album on February 18th through “Music Bank“. So check out the official music video and judge its real meaning for yourself!

Source: Star News, Newsen
Credit: allkpop, allkpop, allkpop

Some people have been confusing the meaning of the MV because of the mention of the father at the end, but her company said it's not - “The music video is merely an expression of the love between a wider age gap."

People are explaining it as this: The story is that she (Park Bo Young) was deeply in love with a middle aged guy who is old enough to be mistaken (and the interview in the last part indicates people mistook him as so but he is not) as her father. He died, and she still believes he visits her. He died and she is only imagining that someone visits her (the beginning sequence implies he does in her dreams), but in reality she is just alone and nobody comes to see her. The reason she says he is not her father is because he really is not a father. He is only her imagination. She is the only one who does not know that such a person does not exist and that no one visited her.

I actually can't stop playing this song on repeat, her voice and the melody are stunning!

I actually found out about her from watching her on <Dream High> since I'm a fan of Wooyoung who she plays a love interest with on the show. And she has an amazing voice! Kind of funny how people on Youtube sometimes start to question whether she's lipsyncing, but it's just she's THAT good live, her live singing is so close to as good as her CD tracks that people can't even tell it apart. She's so talented! Anyhow they're adorable on and off screen - Wooyoung, he rarely updates his Twitter and it's even more rare for him to post photos of himself with other people, especially if it's not him and his 2PM members, but this is the second time he's Tweeted a photo with IU :)
Posted Image

Edited by mutts., 19 February 2011 - 05:17 AM.

#16 Finn the Human

Finn the Human

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

^yeah... a lot of people were introduced to IU from Dream High... she plays a really cute and sweet girl who turns from fat to beautiful. The milky couple is very cute together... =)

i actually found out about her when i was trying to get into kpop and found her "Good Day" track at the top of the charts.... then i began to follow "Dream High" and began to really like her as a person and artist =)

#17 Sixerz

Sixerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:34 AM

I started to check her out after I watched her acoustic covers of Gee, Lies and Sorry Sorry.
She has an incredible vocal range at such young age...she's mad good!!

...and she sounded quite like YUI. :thumbsup

#18 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image

Singer IU and male group 2AM are chosen as the idols with the best vocal.

A survey was held from 14th~20th March on a women's portal site, Easy Day, asking, “Who is the best male and female singers among idols?”. 2,287 netizens participated and IU got #1 for female category and 2AM got #1 for male category.

From the 1,131 people participated in the survey of choosing the best female singer among idols, IU got 41% of the votes, making her #1.

SNSD's Taeyeon is #2 with 18% of the votes and Seo In Young is #3 with 10% of the votes.

From the 1,156 people participated in the survey of choosing the best male singer among idols, 2AM's Chang min got 30% of the votes, making him #1.

JYJ's Xiah Junsu is #2 with 19% of the votes and Eight's Lee Hyun is #3 with 13% of the votes.

SOURCE: NATE
TRANSLATION by suzelle@IAM for 2AM - 2AM International Forum

#19 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

IU & Thunder (MBLAQ) - Sorry Sorry [Acoustic Cover version]

credit: NEWRSZ

Edited by rmlm28, 26 April 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#20 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

IU releases “Memories of the Sea” for ‘EXPO 2012′

Posted Image

On May 9th, the organizing committee of the ‘EXPO 2012‘ officially appointed singer IU as its honorary ambassador.

To commemorate the event, they released the theme song sung by IU for this year's Expo, “Memories of the Sea“. Since the Expo is an international affair that attracts tourists from around the world, IU delivered both a Korean and English version of the song.

“Memories of the Sea” was composed by Yoon Sang and lyrics were contributed by Park Chang Hak.

Check out both versions of the song below, and if you're in the city of Yeosu this summer, be sure to check out the Expo!

> “Memories of the Sea” (Korean Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn3-MlZ5Dno&feature=player_embedded

> “Memories of the Sea” (English Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLBDg5MWkXw&feature=player_embedded

Source: Sports News via Nate
Posted by asphodel on May 9, 2011 at 6:47 am
Credit: allkpop.com, IUBUNNY

#21 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

IU gets surrounded by a mob of students and attacked by laser pointer

Posted Image

Popular singer IU was recently caught in a sticky situation when a swarm of students crowded around her car as they mindlessly took pictures and videos of the star, almost causing fellow students to be in danger.

On May 13th, pictures and descriptions of the incident were uploaded by a netizen on an online community site, titled, “IU encountered an unfortunate mishap today at Kyungwon University“. One of the pictures that was uploaded was of IU sitting in the passenger seat of her car wearing her earphones while looking slightly alarmed.

According to the netizen, while IU was on her way to the performance stage of Kyungwon University's gala festival on May 12th, she was suddenly met with a huge crowd of college students who ran towards IU's vehicle to take pictures and videos.

Many of the students turned on the flash of their cameras in order to take proper pictures of the singer, while a portion of them even went to the extent of climbing on top of the car to take shots at a closer angle.

The netizen captioned one of the photos as, “They're like zombies out of a zombie movie who climb on top of the main star's car as she tries to run away.”

They added, “I should ask her agency to move her around in a van from now on, to maintain her safety. I think this is why the stars' managers are always stressing about taking care of them.”

A netizen who had read the post left a comment saying, “Due to mob psychology, if one person decides to climb up onto the car, other people don't even think about how wrong it is and just follow suit.” Another netizen voiced out, “I feel sorry for IU”.

Posted Image

This incident wasn't the only incident that gave IU a hard week, as it was reported on May 13th that IU was attacked by a laser pointer during her performance at an event.

The pictures show that there was definitely a spectator who attempted to aim their laser at IU's eyes, as seen by the red beam across her face. But despite this, IU still managed to pull in her best effort and managed to finish her stage well.

Netizens commented, “Some spectators just have no manners” and “No matter how much you like IU, this just isn't right.”

Source: Donga via Nate, Kuki News via Nate
Posted by VITALWARNING on May 13, 2011 at 7:20 am
Credit: allkpop.com

#22 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

IU releases “Take My Hand” from ‘The Greatest Love' OST

Posted Image

Yesterday, we reported on how a Loen Entertainment producer hinted at the release of a new song from IU. The song has just been unveiled, and as expected, it's an OST track for the popular drama series, “The Greatest Love“.

Remaining true to IU's vocal color, “Take My Hand” is a bright track that highlights IU's sweet voice.

Check it out below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WgtTB_Ip-A&feature=player_embedded

Tip: FalconChern
Posted by asphodel on May 24, 2011 at 5:09 am
Credit: allkpop.com, NTSEntMusic

#23 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

IU becomes a ping pong master for new ‘S-OIL' CF

Posted Image

Earlier this month, we revealed a CF from Korean petroleum and refinery company, ‘S-OIL‘, which featured an appearance from IU.

Two weeks down the road, S-OIL released another CF with IU, and it's actually pretty hilarious.

The CF sees IU competing against five boys in a ping pong grudge match, being outnumbered 1:5. After getting smashed in the first few rounds, IU whips out her guitar and proceeds to smack the living daylights out of the five boy, reducing them to a broken force.

How that has anything to do with S-OIL, we really don't know, but enjoy the CF anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfAgdeTVHM&feature=player_embedded
Tip: Matt
Posted by Casper on May 30, 2011 at 4:22 am
Credit: allkpop.com, IUBUNNY

#24 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

IU practicing hard at ice skating to redeem herself on SBS's “Kiss & Cry”

Posted Image

IU is currently practicing quite diligently to redeem herself of her less-than-perfect performance on SBS's “Kiss & Cry“.

On May 29th, the “Kiss & Cry” star performance ranking was released, and IU came in last out of the 10 spots.

It seems like she is practicing at the moment to make up for her poor performance from last time, as every time she goes on to the rink to practice, she spends around five hours doing so.

IU said, “My thigh muscles are aching so badly because I used muscles that I don't usually use. However, I can't practice lazily.”

One related source said, “IU is the type of person who needs to perfectly finish off one task to move onto the next”, and it was revealed that when she's training, she barely eats or drinks.

Her male figure skating partner said, “By the next time she's on the show, IU will have gone through a complete transformation.”

The PD of “Kiss & Cry” said, “IU is really trying very hard and improving. I hope viewers will cheer her on.”

Source:Newsen via Nate News
Posted by heartfacee on May 30, 2011 at 9:56 am

#25 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

IU to permanently withdraw from KBS's “Immortal Song 2″

Posted Image

IU has announced that she will be departing from KBS's “Immortal Song 2” for good.

On June 6th, representatives confirmed through Star News, “The episode broadcast on the 4th will be her last, as she will be leaving the show.”

IU felt overwhelmed by her laden schedule, which included her MC duties for “Inkigayo“as well as other commitments to other shows like “Kim Yuna's Kiss & Cry“. But her network appearances aren't the only things on her schedule, as representatives continued to revealed, “IU will unfortunately be leaving the program in order to focus on her upcoming album, which is scheduled for release later this year.”

Taking her place will be SECRET's main vocalist, Song Ji Eun. 2PM's Junsu and F.T. Island's Hongki are also preparing to join the program as well.

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver
Posted by VITALSIGN on June 5, 2011 at 10:02 pm

#26 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

IU to go “beyond reality” as a model for ‘SK Telecom'

Posted Image

SK Telecom explained, “To show our new phase change of the LTE (long-term evolution) era, we decided to plan a new campaign.”

The first advertisement from the ‘Beyond reality' series will be released on June 11th, which has IU and Kim Kwang Seok singing a special duet of his popular song, “At About Age 30“. Reportedly, the video was created by reconstructing a set for IU that was similar to Kim Kwang Seok's live stage; sophisticated 3D technology combined the two scenes.

Source: ETO via Nate
Posted by phenom on June 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm
Credit:allkpop.com

#27 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

IU meets her taxi driver noraebang partner on SBS's “Dalgona”

[img]http://http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/20110611_dalgona_iu_taxi.jpg[/img]

IU drew attention by reuniting with her taxi driver noraebang partner once again!

On June 10th, the idol guested on SBS's “Dalgona” where taxi driver Im Yi Taek made a surprise appearance. He previously sang “Nagging” with the idol when she rode in his taxi.

He explained the situation, saying, “I'm a taxi driver and an internet VJ as well. In July 2010, a pretty couple got into my taxi. I asked the girl if she wanted to sing with me, and she laughed when I recommended ‘Nagging‘.”

The ‘girl' turned out to be none other than IU.

The taxi driver commented, “I was really surprised at that time. It was as if I had won the lottery.” He stated that he drew a large response from his listeners by singing the duet with IU. He added, “Whenever IU calls me, I'll drive her safely to wherever she wants to go.”

IU kindly responded, “When I hold my first concert, I'll invite you and your family to the front row seats.”

Source: TV Report via Nate
Posted by ramham424 on June 11, 2011 at 6:00 pm

#28 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

IU working diligently for ‘Kiss & Cry'

Posted Image

Singer IU has recently been working diligently to shed her current image of being an unskilled dancer on SBS's ‘Kim Yuna's Kiss & Cry.'

It has been reported that IU practices skating every day to rid herself of the stigma that she can't dance. On the 16th, Loen Entertainment stated in an interview, “In taking on the the challenge of figure skating and ridding herself of her image, IU doesn't skip a day of practice and is continuing to practice diligently.”

The official later added, “IU has recently had a lot on her plate lately with her busy schedule… On shorter days of practice, she skates for 3 hours. On longer days, she skates for 5 hours. Whatever the case may be, she is constantly practicing to improve her image… Seeing that IU lacks dancing talents, we've been watching the show and saw that her development was slow. Even so, she constantly practices with patience… While she has bruises all over, she is working diligently to show a good image of herself.”

Although IU is not the best skater on the show, her dedication and hard work is quite impressive.

Source: TV Daily via Nate News
Posted by mashimello on June 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

#29 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

IU to release new album in September + holds first fan meeting!

Posted Image

Singer IU commemorated her 1004th day since her debut with her first fan meeting.

On June 18th, IU opened her fan meeting “It's a ‘Good Day' with IU” at the AX Hall in Gwangjin-gu, Seoul. IU confessed,

“Because it is my first time meeting my fans upclose, it is true that I am worrying… When they first started talking about a fan meeting at work, I got really worried. The reason is that in a short time I have to show a different side of me. I heard there were 1090 seats of totally my fans, my side, I'm nervous and happy because it is my first time being with [only] people who like me.“

When IU was asked with regards to it being her 1004th day, she said,

“I don't know what to say… There were hard times and there were happy times. Overall it was quite comfortable and I'm glad that I spent the last 1004 days without any big complications.“

IU debuted in 2008 and was noted for her vocal talent and musical sensitivity. At the same time, her cute appearance made her one of the nation's little sisters.

IU expressed her gratitude and regretful heart to her fans that she met up-close for the first time. She said,

“I am so thankful when fans remember my anniversary's that even I can't remember. Also, I was moved by the songbook and scrapbooks I've received of my activities thus far. Because I am a solo singer, there is much less fandom than for a group. So when I go to a venue with a lot of singers, I feel sorry when my fans only get a few tickets. I often think that I need to work harder to get my fans more seats at these concerts.“

Posted Image

She also revealed details regarding her next album saying,

“My new album will be a full-length album. It may take a while because I'm planning to include some of my own songs. I think I will be able to meet with you all with a new album in September.“

As this was IU's first fan meeting, there were a variety of events prepared for ther 1,000 fans. Also, all profits from the fan meeting is planned to be donated, making this event have a more meaningful.

Source: Star News via Nate, Seoul NTN via Nate
Posted by chloejn on June 18, 2011 at 5:20 am

#30 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

IU reveals that her nickname is “embarrassing and burdensome”

Posted Image

At her 1,004th day fan meeting, IU tells her fans that her nickname “Trendy IU” makes her feel embarrassed and filled with burden.

IU earned the nickname “Trendy IU” when the singer debuted in 2008 with her excellent musical abilities such as singing and composing lyrics and her cute demeanor.

IU expressed,

“The nickname is very cumbersome and embarrassing. Whenever I hear anything referring to this nickname I get worried and feel like I have to show my best at all times, which in turn has become a way to continuously reflect on myself.”

Besides opening up to her fans through her speeches, several events were also prepared in hopes of allowing IU and her fans to become closer.

All proceeds raised from the fan meeting were to be donated.

Source & Photo: Joy News24 via Nate
Posted by Chox on June 18, 2011 at 11:29 pm

#31 로즈 앤

로즈 앤

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Kim Yuna & IU release “Kiss & Cry” theme song, “Ice Flower”!

Posted Image

IU and Kim Yuna released their much-anticipated duet track for SBS's “Kiss & Cry“, “Ice Flower“!

Representatives of “Kiss & Cry” revealed, “IU and Kim Yuna's duet track was recorded back on June 8th in the recording studio and was revealed for the first time on the episode aired on the 19th.”

“Ice Flower” will be used as the new theme song for the show, as its lyrics express a message of hope that asks everyone to overcome their obstacles. Produced by Lee Min Soo (“Nagging“, “Good Day“), the track shows that Kim Yuna's own vocal talent doesn't pale in comparison to IU's.

Representatives continued, “It normally takes over two hours to record a song, but they managed to finish it in an hour, which surprised all of the staff members.”

Profits from the digital single will go towards the development of better training environments for figure skaters. Figure skaters in Korea do not yet have their own exclusive ice-rink and must share with ice hockey players. In an effort to aid the figure skaters that must move ice-rinks late at night after hours, the two have decided to donate their profits towards the cause.

You can support the cause by purchasing the music, check it out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5lDAmf5zw&feature=player_embedded

Source + Photos: TV Daily via Nate, Star News
Posted by VITALSIGN on June 20, 2011 at 2:24 pm
Credit: allkpop.com, ALLTHATYUNA

#32 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

IU (아이유) - 너랑 나 (YOU & I) [MV HD ENG SUB]