AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

wrong password for .rar file?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 allyally

allyally

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

i've downloaded some music files which are zipped as rar files. i have the correct password but whenever i try to extract the file it says theres a wrong password error? i'vee been to the winrar troubleshooting site, but its happened like this for 4 music files in a row..

please help me!

#2 el_rey

el_rey

[ SMILE ] :: el rey ::

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4552 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

I really doubt it would be an application error so the other logical answer is user error, hence you got the wrong password.

The only way you can justify you have the right one is if "someone" else has extracted the files with the Password you have. Hence you need to have them confirm that the password your entering is the right one.

On the other hand, you can just ask them to send the file to you, music files aren't big, won't take long at all.

You can also set a password to a rar file, then open that up and put the password back in and if it works then you've proven the password functionality works :)

#3 frikandel

frikandel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

I agree with el_rey. Mostly is really the password wrong. Try it on another computer and check if your CAPS LOCK is on. Good Luck.

#4 Chen Qiao En

Chen Qiao En

♥Joe Chen Qiao En

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:23 AM

The PassWord Is Wrong,
MAybe The Password Given To You Is Wrong,Try Asking In The Web you Download.

#5 TLCH723

TLCH723

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

Or try type the password with all caps.

Sometime ppl who make the password left the caps lock on.

#6 Guest_uishtiek_*

Guest_uishtiek_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:34 AM

deleted

Edited by uishtiek, 19 March 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#7 Maxstats69

Maxstats69

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

I've found out from experience that most zipped files that require a password are fakes. I have never downloaded a zipped file with a password needed that actually worked and/or had what was supposed to be in it.

I dunno, maybe you frequent a circle that I don't and I'm wrong.

#8 AlexKrenvalk

AlexKrenvalk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

i've downloaded some music files which are zipped as rar files. i have the correct password but whenever i try to extract the file it says theres a wrong password error? i'vee been to the winrar troubleshooting site, but its happened like this for 4 music files in a row..

please help me!

Yesterday I opened my rar file with a film and couldn't watch it.The file was damaged.But I remembered about one tool for this situation and used it.Unfortunately it couldn't help me.I was dissapeared,but a friend advised me-corrupted rar files.To my great surprise software made it in seconds and for free.Moreover I saw how it scans the needed file and makes a decision, whether it is possible to save the data or not.

Yesterday I opened my rar file with a film and couldn't watch it.The file was damaged.But I remembered about one tool for this situation and used it.Unfortunately it couldn't help me.I was dissapeared,but a friend advised me-<a href="http://www.recoveryt...html">corrupted rar files</a>.To my great surprise software made it in seconds and for free.Moreover I saw how it scans the needed file and makes a decision, whether it is possible to save the data or not.

Yesterday I opened my rar file with a film and couldn't watch it.The file was damaged.But I remembered about one tool for this situation and used it.Unfortunately it couldn't help me.I was dissapeared,but a friend advised me-corrupted rar files.To my great surprise software made it in seconds and for free.Moreover I saw how it scans the needed file and makes a decision, whether it is possible to save the data or not.

#9 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:48 PM

Im sure the password is wrong. Try to re download the file and see if it makes a difference. Also make sure that you get the password correct, recheck the password and see if there are any special characters or capitol letters.

#10 wolf119

wolf119

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

this has happened to me plenty of times just ask the torrent provider or maker and just ask them it, if you tried to put in the password then it would most likely say failed and closing or just FAIL!! =)

#11 Crayon Shin-chan

Crayon Shin-chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

Or perhaps the zip/rar file that you have is corrupted or incomplete. That could also be the cause of the problem.