AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Will these shoes match a lavender bridesmaid dress?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 ThisSassyGirl

ThisSassyGirl

Long way to happy

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

http://www.zappos.co...567189/c/3.html

The thing is I want to be able to wear these shoes more than once... I am thinking of buying the natural color one... My dress is long so I don't think people will see unless I sit down... What do you guys think ?

Edited by ThisSassyGirl, 31 May 2009 - 10:09 AM.

#2 Gumpychan

Gumpychan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Yeah I can think the natural colored ones would look great with a lavender or any other floral-colored dress and they are pretty versatile too. :D

#3 Belle-laide

Belle-laide

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

I think it depends on how the dress looks like. But the color is great to go with lavender and you can wear the shoes well with a pair of jeans, so it wouldn't be a one time wear.

#4 lovepolkadots43

lovepolkadots43

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

All of those colors really match anything. The natural one will look good. The only thing I could think would be even better would be something white, but like I said, either would be fine.

#5 chibikumo

chibikumo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

those shoes are nice. i think it will go well with lavender

#6 AngelAngel

AngelAngel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1881 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

Try a more lighter color...or a different style? Since lavender is supposed to be tranquil and bridesmaid dressed are usually all frilly and elegant and those shoes are very...fierce...

#7 rocknrose

rocknrose

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

I think you should go for something not so dark like white or some sort of neutral colour but neutral coloured heels in that style may look very unusual and unnattractive so I would stick with white or some sort of darker lavender. If you want to be more daring, why not get some giant clashing bright coloured ones and then you can use them usually if you go out for events

#8 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

well personally i think u should wear a lighter color shoes
cuz the dress is really light it would look awkward when the shoes are black.
but if u say that the shoes wont be seen i guess that means its ok

#9 Midnight.Fantasy

Midnight.Fantasy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

Assuming your bridesmaid dress is the typical plain or slightly feminine dress I don't think those shoes would match.
Black would make too much of a contrast with the paler lavender.
The style of these shoes is also too intimidating to belong with a bridesmaid dress.

#10 asianbelle

asianbelle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

I think the shoes you've posted are too bold, casual to be paired with a bridesmaid dress.

Look for something more strappy and feminine.

#11 QuackieChau

QuackieChau

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1931 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

I, too, think the shoes are too "fierce" to be worn with a typical bridesmaids' dress. The natural color is fine, but I think I'd rather go with a shoe that makes a less of a statement (or at least a less bold statement).

#12 softchickenyou

softchickenyou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

the lighter colour will be perfect, and they're HOT with skinnys after your bridesmaid duties are over! just make sure the bridesmaid dress is longer so it can maybe cover it, as it might be a bit too fierce if your dress is short

#13 PinkLashBling

PinkLashBling

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

the shoe it cute, and the color is good for a bridesmaid... but i am unsure about the style...its not really weddingish. But as you said, if the dress covers the shoes, than it doesnt matter!

#14 Stetson

Stetson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

the shoe it cute, and the color is good for a bridesmaid... but i am unsure about the style...its not really weddingish. But as you said, if the dress covers the shoes, than it doesnt matter!

http://www.zappos.co...567189/c/3.html

The thing is I want to be able to wear these shoes more than once... I am thinking of buying the natural color one... My dress is long so I don't think people will see unless I sit down... What do you guys think ?

as PinkLashBling said, not to worry, when the shoe is getting covered by the dress. I can now think of going for shoes for all the long bridesmaid dresses http://www.affordabl...bridesmaid.html we picked for my loving brothers junior bridesmaids