AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Unconfirmed] Full House (Taiwan Version)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 buttercupmm

buttercupmm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

Full House - Taiwan Version

Posted Image
Wu Chun

Posted Image
周迅 / Zhou Xun

NEWS

Posted Image Posted Image

Source: UDN
Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

2 countries' film cross exchange takes place once again; Taiwan version ‘Full House' will have Wu Zun pair up with mainland China's first-line actress Zhou Xun, who hasn't filmed a series in 6 years. Just by the male & female lead's pay, they have to knock a massive $700,000NT per episode, and the production fees are estimated to be $3million NT per episode. However, this pair is definitely going to attract overseas earnings and it also complies with the government pushing for the idea of cross-exchanging with another country. Hence, ‘Full House' has been entered on the list of Information Bureau's High-Definition Television programme, and will be granted $9million.

Yesterday, GTV Deputy Director Lai stressed that this drama is not re-filming Korea's version of ‘Full House', but is an adaptation of the Korean manga ‘Full House'. The storyline is not the same as Song Hye-Kyo & Rain's version. Deputy Director Lai smiled saying: “The original manga did not have a Chinese name, ‘Lang Man Man Wu (Full House) is actually GTV's original creation.”

The new version of ‘Full House' follows the highly debated issue of cross-exchanging that Chinese people are currently very concerned about. This drama will be directed by Niu Cheng Zhe, and will film scenes in both Taiwan & China. The story tells of the 2 countries being separated for 60 years; Beijing girl Zhou Xun suddenly receives a notice from Taiwan informing her about her inheritance of her grandfather's legacy. She then travels all the way to Taiwan, and discovers that her grandfather's house has been rented out to big celebrity star Wu Zun for filming. Hence, she becomes very cold towards him, but gradually, love blossoms beneath their constant bickering and arguments.

This key ancestral house will be chosen in Taipei's military family village. This village has become the most interesting topic among producers, and GTV revealed that Taipei government has promised their full support, as this village will be developed into a tourist attraction. After ‘Full House' broadcasts in China, it is expected to become a hot new selling point for young Chinese visitors who come to Taiwan.

Edited by buttercupmm, 24 June 2009 - 01:08 AM.

#2 prella

prella

do it the ELLA~way.. ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2501 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

waaah!!!
is this for real???
omg! chun is finally back in the drama circle! :excited

however, i am quite, well i don't know if disappointed is the right term, about the female lead..
it is hard to comment on someone i don't know.. :innocent

#3 asianromance

asianromance

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

actually Zhou Xun is pretty good. I watched her in Calling Love and liked her very much. She's a little too pretty for the "ordinary girl" roles but she makes it up with acting. It's Wu Zun I'm actually worried about. He has the looks to play Ryder from the Full House manga but I'm not sure about the range of emotions. There are many worse idol actors to play Ryder, but I'm not convinced that Wu Zun is one of the best for the role either. I haven't seen him since Romantic Princess, so maybe he has improved a lot since then.

#4 Heidi Yung

Heidi Yung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

that's so great to read this news
I love Zhou Xun so much and I think it's a long time see her in a drama, esp a romantic drama :D
I hope to see this drama soon
Thank for the news

#5 pink ice

pink ice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Wow. Is it true. I'm so happy that there will be a new drama series for Wu Chun. Eagerly waiting for it. Hope that the story is as nice as Korea version of Full House. ^^

#6 On_Ice

On_Ice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm a fan of Full House Story, not Korean serries. Actually, they make a good cast when chosing Zhou Xun. But I am worried about Wu Zun.

#7 Sinne

Sinne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

Finally! The long-awaited Chun drama. I don't mind the odd pairing and Zhou Xun is a wonderful actress. Hopefully she can guide Chun along.

I don't worry so much about Chun cos although he's not an excellent actor, he's an ok one. I can overlook quite a bit, so everything's great. Anyway, it doesn't take a stretch to play himself - a hotshot superstar.

More news about this drama pls! And pls don't cancel/delay filming... I think we're looking at a 2010 release and I can't wait!!!

#8 Wendy75

Wendy75

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

really? Zhou Xun is going to be the female lead? Oh, that's unbelievable, I didn't mean she is bad, she is really a great movie actor. I don't think she is as good as for drama. anyway, I love Wu Chun, can't wait to see his drama.

#9 t3arjerkingluvr

t3arjerkingluvr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

Zhou Xun was not the actress in Calling Love, that was Li Xiao Lu (known for looking a lot like Zhou Xun). But I can assure that Zhou Xun is great in acting - both in movies and in Dramas. I've seen plenty of her movies/dramas, and she's done great in every single one of them! Full House is a real favorite of mines (the manga), can't wait to see this version of it! Wu Zun... hmm, they look alright together, but Wu Zun still seems kind of stiff in acting; or maybe he's only acted as the cool/calm/collected type, dunno if he can take on Ryder very well since he's filled with expressions. I'm pretty sure Zhou Xun will do awesome playing Elle!

#10 asianromance

asianromance

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Zhou Xun was not the actress in Calling Love, that was Li Xiao Lu (known for looking a lot like Zhou Xun).

my bad! you're right! i always get the two mixed up and seeing the Zhou Xun pic got me imagining Calling Love! So it's Zhou Xun the really famous movie actress! She was good in perhaps love. I don't think she has done a drama in like forever! So this must be a really good script to get her to do a drama!

#11 twinzluvagrL

twinzluvagrL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

Awwww that's cute. I don't like the mainland actress :( I want someone in Taiwan. Grrr someone pretty and cute. :) selinaaaaaa LOL ierno that was random it's just that I've been waiting ages for selina to get a lead role and that has nver happened

#12 Okami-Chan

Okami-Chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

Wait, so this is confirmed? I thought it was just a rumor. :blink:

Edit: nevermind, I see it was changed to unconfirmed ^_^

Edited by Okami-Chan, 24 June 2009 - 08:39 PM.

#13 So_Obsessed

So_Obsessed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

Is this the series where the main guy accidentally makes someone blind? The main girl's boyfriend, but then falls in love with her?

I just would love to see Wu Chun in a new series already...
But the girl looks familiar, I can't figure out where I've seen her before, or if I even have.

#14 Tiffiany_45

Tiffiany_45

Vic + Ariel = FATE

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2915 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

^ Makes someone blind? I've never read the original manhwa, but I don't think you're thinking of the same story.

Summary of the K-drama: (taken from DramaWiki)

Han Ji Eun is a naive writer who got swindled out of everything she owned including her house by her best friends. Stranded in China, She managed to borrow money from an actor Lee Young Jae to return to Korea. On her return, she found out that her house was bought by Lee Young Jae. In an attempt to get her possessions back, she entered in a contract marriage with Young Jae for one year. In spite of losing all, Ji Eun manages to be cheerful and takes things in strike and the business relationship between the two becomes personal as they start to rely and care for each other. Based on a popular manhwa of the same title.

Summary of Manhwa: (taken from MangaUpdates)

Elle lives in "Full House," the house that her architect father built before passing away a few years ago. She loves the place, but one day, people come to kick her out, claiming that the place now belongs to the famous actor Ryder Baye.

A girl has to move out of the house that her father who is dead built. In effort to keep her place she enters into a contract marriage with a superstar and they have to pretend to be a happy married couple to the public.

~Tiffiany~

#15 mleXiHuanNi

mleXiHuanNi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

ahh another wu chun drama!
i swear zhou xun really does look like angela zhang lol.
i thought it was her for a second. but then i saw the name.

another drama with wu chun and angela would be nice tho.

for full house, i still havent really completed it yet.

Edited by Tiffiany_45, 25 June 2009 - 02:32 AM.
Edited for double post

#16 lilyhuax3

lilyhuax3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:44 AM

i really thought she was angela zhang too. o_o;;
hmm should be an interesting drama - i never followed through with the korean full house, but maybe i'll try again if this comes out.

#17 jcjjica

jcjjica

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:27 AM

I don't know anything about zhou xun, but it would be good to get the chance for them to act together I suppose. This and Absolute boyfriend would be nice cause they both star Chun.

Taiwan just wants to make/remake dramas of recent that were hits in their respective countries I think. This is true with Liar Game, but not staring Chun and Absolute boyfriend both Japanese. And this which made it famous in Korean.

#18 buttercupmm

buttercupmm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

If anyone get more info about this kindly share it here so we can add it on the first post.

Thanks!

#19 imeisee

imeisee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

Hmmm...I thought it was already confirmed that this series is going to be shown?
Oh well! I'm not really a fan of China-Taiwan production.
Still wishing them all the best.

#20 tsm

tsm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:40 AM

I like Zhou Xun. She is pretty but her voice not really sweet and like man.

I hope that this drama has different storyline as the Korean version.^0^

#21 QiaoEnShinHye

QiaoEnShinHye

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

Don't get me wrong i like ZX but, i don't think she fits this Role at all! the korean Full House was a hit i loved it a lot WB and SHG were the best by far!

#22 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:40 AM

Hmm, I guess we can't really compare this to the korean version.

This is definitely a fresh couple....interesting choice I must say. I have no doubt about ZX's acting skills, as for Wu Zun, we'll have to wait and see.

#23 meltheart

meltheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

Is it real?? hope it become true coz i wan to see full house in taiwan version especially wu chun is leader and i wan to see new version of full house and wan to know how it different from old one but i dun bring both version to compare
together. i just wan to know how taiwan version is and wan to see wu chun to role in blood tpye and strong mouth and
wan to see a romantic scene between him and his actress that how is sweet and can compare wiz ella or not...why??
coz i'm big ella's fan and i'm CE fanclub...ei ei ei

#24 *Elmo

*Elmo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

I really wanted AMBER KUO or ARIEL LIN. But the girl is pretty too she reminds me of Angela Zhang.

#25 meltheart

meltheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

i also want know how full house version taiwan is..however,i think it should well done
it's long time to wait wu zun's series and hope to see a difference character from hanakimi
and romantic princess..but i have never heard about female leader so then i can guess she will work or not
nomatter what i will be a supporter for wu zun forever...jai you!!

#26 lilxtwinkies

lilxtwinkies

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

i'm happy that wu zun is doing another series...but full house? the korean version was sooo great and rain and song hye gyo were so great that i don't know what to expect with this one...

hope they don't mess up the series...

other than that wu zun and zhou xun? hmm...i dunno!

#27 sukyaki

sukyaki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

I actually am really looking forward to seeing the taiwan version of this! I must be among the few that wasn't too crazy about the korean version. but since the article says that the GTV will be writing it more based on the manga....it should be fun. :)

i think chun gets better and better with each drama he's in. most idol actors are like that. they start out pretty rusty, but the more they do it, the better they are. most aren't natural actors. i wish they gave these idol actors some more acting lessons. it would really help them out to be known for more than just a pretty face.

i really hope this confirms. :) i've been wanting to see chun in another series. i loved him in hana-kimi. :)

i hope this girl is like-able. i find that short of a hand-ful of female leads in taiwan, most are not that good.

oh! on another note....so now mainland actors and actresses can be in taiwanese productions?

#28 Heidi Yung

Heidi Yung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

now, there is till no information about this drama???
I think it was just a runor
Now our Zhou Xun are filming a movie
and I don't hear anything about this drama
I hope this drama can be filmed

#29 lychee berry

lychee berry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

Zhou Xun is a great actress, although i thought she was way pass making taiwanese idol dramas. Pairing her up with Wu Chun is pretty crazy because they look like brother and sister. Anyhowz still looking forward to this series.

#30 lil_azn_gurl

lil_azn_gurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:20 AM

so wen is this drama gona cum out???

#31 andrelei

andrelei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:27 AM

Is this still pushing thru? :unsure:

#32 ac_ac

ac_ac

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:39 AM

Yay, another drama with Chun being lead clapclap . Well, I don't see huge improvement in his acting, from Tokyo Juliet, to Hana Kimi, to Romantic princess and lately Butterfly lovers. Hope this time it will be an exception, cause I love watching him, but watching him acting is a real challenge.
Zhou Xun's acting is okay for me and she is cute. Hope that she won't be like other actresses being bashed just because she played with Chun like others ... <_<

Is it confirmed after ?

Edited by ac_ac, 13 October 2009 - 07:40 AM.

#33 dhian26hsm

dhian26hsm

Asian Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1213 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:37 PM

I thought she's Angela Zhang :P

#34 clarr

clarr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:14 AM

I really think tht wu chun is not a perfect role for full house
full house is one of my favourite kdrama,really hope he won't ruin it..his improvement in acting is almost none I must to say..

#35 alecsuforever

alecsuforever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1061 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:51 AM

I can't imagine zhou xun pairing up with chun ><!... is just.. arg so awkward...
She appears in a lot of those war time dramas that my parents watch, no offense fans but no matter how hard she tries, a b*tchyness naturally flies out of her lol.. soo >< i dont want her to be the female lead :(!!!!

#36 bluesoul17

bluesoul17

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

I hope it won't push through, Full House is one of my all time favorite korean drama, I'm just afraid that it might be ruined if it is to be remake and also it's not that I have something against the main leads well, maybe a little bit with wu chun :wacko: I'm not familiar with the female lead I thought she was angela zhang.. lol..

taiwan must stop remaking korean drama series! don't they have creative writers to write a unique storyline for their drama?
that's just my opinion though.. :innocent