AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[TVB] The Voice - 超級巨聲 [28/28] Final+ Thank you Concert!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#1 kjh5

kjh5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

Description: This show is similar to American Idol.

Host: Prudence Liew

What do you guys think of this show?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Episode Dates & Judges
01 | July 19
Judges: (Ronald Ng) , (Justin Lo) , (Kay Tse) , (Leo Ku) , (Eric Kwok) , (Pong Nan)

02 | July 26
Judges: (Leo Ku) , (David Lui Fong) , (Justin Lo) , (Pong Nan) , (Ronald Ng)

03 | August 02
Judges: (Deng Lu) , (Edmond Leung) , (Justin Lo) , (David Lui Fong) , (Chiu Tsang Hei)

04 | August 09
Judges: (Deng Lu) , (Edmond Leung) , (Justin Lo) , (David Lui Fong) , (Chiu Tsang Hei)

05 | August 16
(Deng Lu) , (Edmond Leung) , (Justin Lo) , (David Lui Fong) , (Chiu Tsang Hei)

06 | August 23
(Ivana Wong) , (Edmond Leung) , (Justin Lo) , (Chiu Tsang Hei) , (Henry Lau Chi Wah)

07 | August 30
Guest Host: Sammy, (Elisa Kit Ling Chan) , (Pong Nan) , (Mark Lui) , (Chiu Tsang Hei)

08 | September 6
Guest Host: Sammy, (Elisa Kit Ling Chan) , (Pong Nan) , (Mark Lui) , (Chiu Tsang Hei)

09 | September 13
Guest Host: Sammy, (Elisa Chan), (Pong Nan), (Mark Lui), (Chiu Tsang Hei), (Edmond Leung)

10 | September 20
Guest Host: Sammy, (Elisa Miss Chan Chan), (Pong Nan), (Mark Lui), (Hins Cheung), (Ivana Cheung)
Guest Singers: G.E.M, MR., Kary, William So, Ella Koon, Siu-Fei, Louis Cheung, Vinci Wong

11 | September 27

12 | October 4
Guest Host: Luis Cheung, (Elisa Miss Chan Chan), (Chiu Tsang Hei), (Mark Lui), (Frances Yip)

13 | October 12
Guest Host: Chui Kin Bong, (Elisa Miss Chan Chan), (Chiu Tsang Hei), (Mark Lui), (Frances Yip), (William So)

14 | October 18
Guest Host: Chui Kin Bong, (Elisa Miss Chan Chan), (Joey Tang), (Chiu Tsang Hei), (Eric Kwok), (Pong Nan), wild card round

15 | October 25
Guest Host: Chui Kin Bong, (Elisa Miss Chan Chan), (Joey Tang), (Chiu Tsang Hei), (Eric Kwok), (Pong Nan), wild card round2

16 | November 09
Guest Host: Louis Cheung (Kitman Lee), (Chiu Tsang Hei), (Hacken Lee), (Pong Nan), (Li Chuan)
4 challengers from different provinces in China. Round 1

17 | November 15
Guest Host: Louis Cheung (Kitman Lee), (Chiu Tsang Hei), (Joey Tang), (Edmond Leung), (Li Chuan)
4 challengers from different provinces in China. Round 2

18 | November 22
Guest Host: Louis Cheung (Anthony Lun)), (Li Chuan), (Miss Chan Chan), (Pong Nan)
challengers from different provinces in China+ Taiwan. Round 3

19 | November 29
Guest Host: Louis Cheung (Anthony Lun)), (Li Chuan), (Miss Chan Chan), (Pong Nan), (Chiu Tsang Hei)
challengers from different provinces in China+ Taiwan. Round 4

24 Guest host Louis Cheung, Harlem, competitors paired up to sing duets with singers Ella Koon, etc /judges

25 Guest host Louis Cheung, Harlem, competitors group 2 paired up to sing with singers Leo Ku, Vincy etc/judge

26 duets among the contestants, both given separate marks, 2 eliminated

27 contestants challenge the songs of their chosen singers, 2 more eliminated, NEXT week is the finals

28 Hosts: Sammy, Louis Cheung, Gary Cao The winner 巨聲 is chosen!

Feb. 27, 2010 超級巨聲畢業演唱會 The Voice: Thank you Concert!

Hosts: Louis Cheung, Sammy Guests: Ella Koon, Big Four, former contestants etc.
Judges: Miss Chan Chan, Pong Nan, Chiu Tsang Hei, ar B, Justin Lo, William So, Edmund Leung, Anthony Lun
--------------------------------------------------------------

It's been awhile that HK has any singing/talent shows, the show is pretty good. But I don't like Prudence. I think sometimes she's kind of irritating.

Edited by kjh5, 28 February 2010 - 10:05 AM.

#2 •iWasteTime•

•iWasteTime•

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

Haha, I quite like the show considering there are so many talented vocalists!
I actually like watching Prudence host, even though she seems nervous at times or makes some mistakes. I think shes pretty funny & witty. ;p

What I don't like about "The Voice" is that TVB favors certain contestants. If they are going to have an opening song, then they should let all the contestants take part, instead of just showcasing a few. I hate how they also have the few contestants sitting on the stage to watch, while the other contestants... you don't even know who they really are until they come out to perform.

Hehe, for some reason, I really like Judge Pong Nan!
I think he has the best advice & constructive criticism.

I'm just happy to see that there are singing competitions back again for HK!
It's nice to watch ATV's Asian Million Star & TVB's The Voice & compare...

#3 Collie

Collie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

who is prudence liew?

#4 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

who is prudence liew?

Prudence Liew Mei Gwan (or Kwan) is a singer and actress
http://en.wikipedia....i/Prudence_Liew

Edited by Kim4ever, 03 August 2009 - 07:13 AM.

#5 hardlove

hardlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:40 AM

sorry but Prudence is such an incompetent host. she's at loss for words half the time & doesn't give me the impression that she's on the contestant's side. in fact, she sounds like she's mocking them sometimes. -.-

#6 kjh5

kjh5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

sorry but Prudence is such an incompetent host. she's at loss for words half the time & doesn't give me the impression that she's on the contestant's side. in fact, she sounds like she's mocking them sometimes. -.-

Yes, I agree after watching ep. 3 seems she's still the same. Although she is trying to be witty and clever, her comments and attitude often seems to be inconsiderate and putting off. Often put the contestants on the spot and they don't even know how to react to her comments. :thumbdown I don't get why she can just interrupt the judges and cut in when they are making comments.

I think TVB did receive complaints regarding the harsh treatment of the contestants and Prudence's behaviour.

Edited by kjh5, 04 August 2009 - 07:38 AM.

#7 mun2

mun2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

yeah i have to agree that prudence doesnt seem to be doing a good job at hosting.....i dun really seem to like the comments that she makes and she seems to be kinda repeating after what the judges say...like she doesnt really know how to judge on her own...also her comments are based on how many points the judges give the contestants..if she sees high marks then she says good stuff otherwise she says bad stuff

#8 Morrissey

Morrissey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

I disagree. Prudence is a great host. There should be no sugar-coating in these shows. If you are going to make it in this industry, you need to develop a tough skin. Forget about being nurturing, this is called tough love.

Prudence is too "westernized" for your folks to really "get" it.

Good luck!

#9 Infatuated

Infatuated

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:36 AM

About Prudence's hosting, I don't find her great nor bad. Sometimes she does create awkward moments for the contestants though, like when she asks them what they are going to do after they failed. I think she should provide better reviews for the contestants as she was a professional singer herself. I don't find her harsh at all as complaints have stated.

I wish they would be more harsh on the judging. I find it so unfair when they give sympathy points.

#10 hardlove

hardlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:10 AM

Prudence is too "westernized" for your folks to really "get" it.

Good luck!

i don't think it's fair you made the assumption that we don't "get" her hosting style because we not "westernized".

in any case, there are ways to dish out tough love without being condescending. and it's not just her lack of sugar-coating, it's also her inability to run the show smoothly. i mean, she's the host & she should make sure the whole show flows, but it's her that makes the show choppy IMO. but she could just be inexperienced in hosting.

Sometimes she does create awkward moments for the contestants though, like when she asks them what they are going to do after they failed.

yeah no kidding. what they supposed to say? "oh i'm going to be emo for the rest of my life." -_-

#11 AngelAngel

AngelAngel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1881 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:13 AM

The contestants are underwhelming.

#12 rh8686

rh8686

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

i watched one episode of it. it was quite boring and atv is having something just like it. i gave up on it.

#13 kloey

kloey

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

i havent started to watch this really, just watch some clips here and there, but some of them seem pretty good singers...prob better than some actual hk singers....

Edited by kloey, 07 August 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#14 moncchichi

moncchichi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:02 AM

does anyone have a streaming link or something??

#15 RealityStarfish

RealityStarfish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:11 AM

Isn't this also seems similar to Supergirl from mainland??

#16 Sunshine_SekSek

Sunshine_SekSek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

does anyone know where i can watch this online?

#17 sOur_mAngo

sOur_mAngo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:03 AM

sad that the twin brother got booted off,
but got to agree that his singing was not that great....

#18 u34ew

u34ew

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:20 AM

Prudence is so F-ing annoying...hate how she seems so dumb, has no opinions for herself and are always mocking the people.

Edited by u34ew, 10 August 2009 - 03:21 AM.

#19 Collie

Collie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

This show is not really making sense. at the start they started off with a lot of people auditioning and then the judges heard them sing.
then the judges chose a few each that they liked to narrow it down to 30. but they chose 24.
then for the final 6 they picked a few people that they liked but were not their first choices to be in the final 6. they listened to these people sing and then picked 6 people.
this was in the first ep.

in the second ep, those 6 people automatically got in the 2nd round but the other 24 had to sing again to get a place and join the 6. if the 24 were the judges first choice, and the 6 werent then why would they not make the 6 sing again? surely they cudnt be better than the 24. i really dont get this prog and how it works.

also wen the contestants sing they would be given points. if they just get under 15 which is the pass mark they are allowed to beg for more points. i remeber a contestant who got 14 and then sed something like my mum dad and this song is for her. this made leo ku cry and he earned that extra mark to allow him to pass. I mean he used his dead mother to get that extra point and it had nothing to do with talent. that is just not acceptable. this is suppose to b a talent contest. not some sympathetic show. no matter how sad their story is, if they cant sing then they cant sing. they cant get points for that!

#20 kloey

kloey

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

in ep 4 i totally agree with lui fong that the twin brother's "fake voice" part was terrible. i agree its just his voice doesnt work well with that technique....

#21 kjh5

kjh5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Ya the twin brothers would've been marketable, just that their singing wasn't that high quality, but overall if the ah Hong didn't fake 'pitch' so badly he would've made it.

You know the girl who sounds like Ivana Wong, the 'sweet' voice. Although her voice is unique, I find it can get irritatible to keep talking and sounding like a little schoolgirl.

Prudence was somewhat bearable in ep. 4, maybe cause Gary was co-host haha.

#22 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6114 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

I hope they start singing more Canto songs...

#23 kjh5

kjh5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

Anyone has favourites yet? Who you think will be top 10 or will win?

#24 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4425 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

yeh i hope they sing more canto songs! lol. and yeh, that girl who sounds like ivana is sooo annoying and also the host too! omg! she is sooo annoying man! she keeps on saying "mo ham ar, sor 'pig'" omg! shut up like! they not litle girls! geez!

i liked that guy: 黃劍文 no. 79 who sang korean song and had a sore throat right? i liked him, he was realy lively! lol. shame he didnt get through though.

#25 Musical-Notes

Musical-Notes

★鬼王★ forever <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3133 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

Yeah, I don't like 駱胤鳴 either. I think she always pretends to be cute. :3
My favorite used to be Daniel Chau [younger twin brother] but since he got sent back home already, my new favorite is Jeffero Chan! :]

I also like 王嘉儀, 許廷鏗, 李寶龍, 陳康健, 林師傑, 何紫慧, 鄧小巧 & 余沛深
Haha, I like a lot of people. (: Actually I like a few more but those are my favs. ^^

Edited by Musical-Notes, 23 August 2009 - 05:41 AM.

#26 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3938 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Why is #5 not coming back anymore? Did he get kicked off?

Oh nvm, I missed the beginning. So sad, I loved Jasper.

Edited by xbunnylicious, 24 August 2009 - 05:04 PM.

#27 satansen

satansen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

I like this show alot!! Everyone sings so good. Really wondering who will become #1...

#28 Musical-Notes

Musical-Notes

★鬼王★ forever <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3133 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Why is #5 not coming back anymore? Did he get kicked off?

Oh nvm, I missed the beginning. So sad, I loved Jasper.

Me too! :[
He was one of my favorites...

But I'm SO glad no one went home [except for Jasper]
cause a lot of my favorites got low score yesterday. >.<
I just hope Jeffero won't make the same mistake and remember the lyrics next week! :3

#29 Infatuated

Infatuated

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

With #5's departure I think it gives a huge advantage to the other singers. The judges always favored him, and is one of the best singers there. I actually thought he would win first place if not second.

I especially enjoyed the performance for Summer Night for ep 6, and was really disappointed at the two singers that sang 24. I like the male singer, and I'm glad to see he's getting a second chance.

I'm watching ATV's Million Star along with this, and I have to say The Voice's contestant have much better quality.

#30 KmiowC

KmiowC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

The concept and style of this show is suspiciously similar to Taiwan's One Million Star (like the lights, the PK competitions...)
Is it modeled after Taiwan's One Million Star purposely?

But nonetheless, it's the best singing show Hk has in a while...

I am on the 4th episode, no fav yet.

Edited by KmiowC, 28 August 2009 - 12:09 AM.

#31 bbfreak

bbfreak

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:57 AM

my personal fav is Stephanie Ho (justin's fave) and the taiwanese guy Victor Chen... also Jeffero Chan

http://thevoice.tvb.com/

#32 kjh5

kjh5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

Man it sucks to see Jasper go. So touching and everyone is crying. I think Gary is a great host and is fun to have him there and his singing and impersonation is great! 63 improved a lot and her n Jasper's duet was great! they compliiment each other well.

I am glad they didn't have to go home, some of them had bad song choice or wrong pairing. That school guy who forgot the lyrics has a nice voice and his new make over makes him look more marketable. But I dislike his holding mic gesture. His index finger keeps hittiing to the beat when he sings argh kinda distracting.

Edited by kjh5, 28 August 2009 - 03:56 AM.

#33 Guest_daydreamgirl_*

Guest_daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

The concept and style of this show is suspiciously similar to Taiwan's One Million Star (like the lights, the PK competitions...)
Is it modeled after Taiwan's One Million Star purposely?

But nonetheless, it's the best singing show Hk has in a while...

I am on the 4th episode, no fav yet.

No this show is not modeled after Taiwan's One Million Star.

This show is not similar to American Idol or any other shows in the world.

#34 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

The show is getting very emotional now since some of the contestants had to be off......!!!
I watch up to epi.6 now & the contestants are just like friends helping each other to stay on....!
Love their spirit & friendship!!!

#35 LaiZee xD

LaiZee xD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

i just finished watching episode 7 and really, i enjoyed this show a lot =D It's nice to see that hong kong is finally going on a different direction and going for talent rather than looks. Although, I must say, they are looking pretty good after the transformation! I'm starting to get attached to this group already, it would be very sad to see any one of them leave the show =[

#36 sOur_mAngo

sOur_mAngo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

just watched ep07, the group performances were not that great
but i think sammy leung is a good addition, cuz prudence cant really host

#37 AngelAngel

AngelAngel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1881 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:38 AM

Who is that woman judge? She kinda looks like Prudence (but is not her!) and she's kinda b*tchy but the things she says are very on point and she makes the most sense basically.

And I really like Sammy as the judge, he's pretty funny and quite an ass I love it.

#38 Guest_daydreamgirl_*

Guest_daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

Who is that woman judge? She kinda looks like Prudence (but is not her!) and she's kinda b*tchy but the things she says are very on point and she makes the most sense basically.

And I really like Sammy as the judge, he's pretty funny and quite an ass I love it.

She is Elisa Chan and she was on Be My Guest.

#39 lovesound

lovesound

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

When I started watching this, I really didn't enjoy it much. My complaints goes to the judges and the hosts. I think most of the judges are not qualified. As much as I love Kay, Leo, and Justin as artists, I don't think they are qualified judges regardless of how well I think they can sing. The remarks that they give after each performance are usually very shallow and pretty much the same stuff each time. Also, during the first few episodes, I really did not like Prudence as a host. I felt that she kept indirectly adding salt to the wounds of the participants at times (as mentioned above).

However, the most recent episode was a lot better in terms of hosting and comments from judges. TVB should have invited Sammy Leung to be a host for this in the first place. He makes the atmosphere so much better even when paired with Prudence.

If people think this is good, I would highly recommend them to watch the ATV singing competition. Their judges are much much more qualified and they give professional comments, advice, and tips that the participants can actually learn from and better improve themselves (in terms of emotion and techniques) - and you can even see their improvements as viewers. The participants are also on par with those of The Voice - possibly better?

Give the ATV one a shot.

#40 Infatuated

Infatuated

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

Regarding some judges (Kay, Justin, Leo) as not the best selections, I have to agree. But, I also agree with a lot of the things Kay said, she's a supporter of Canto music and I like that. It's a HK singing contest, but most people are singing mandarin songs.
Prudence is not a great host as we can all admit, but I wouldn't say she doesn't have sympathy. I think she does care about this group of contestants, but it's just the way she expresses herself.

I love Sammy as a addition, he's creating some humor to the show.