AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

When a girl calls you "bud/buddy"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 cweb

cweb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

So I met this girl month and a half ago and got to hang out with her a few times, talked to her often on msn and text....and i'm really into her. I got a really good vibe from her.. she usually initiates the msn msgs/texts...but then again she's very friendly and very social (with all guys).. I couldn't help but notice these past couple of msgs i get from her she adds "bud" at the end...ie/ take care bud.... i know i'm reading a little too deep into this but i guess my question is does that mean a girl probably only sees u as a friend when they use that?

#2 Microcosm

Microcosm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

You're reading too much into this.

First of all, it's instant messaging. You have no idea how someone is acting or feeling at the moment she's typing that. She could be in a hurry. She could be messaging the wrong person. She could have her hand on another guy's dick and you wouldn't even know.

Next time, skip the instant messaging and just go for the date. You're get more real responses in real life. Makes sense doesn't it?

#3 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3875 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:07 AM

NO NO NO :noclue

As a guy, you can't do this. You can't try interpreting signs to figure out what she's thinking. Only girls do that. Only girls post a long ass story and ask "does he like me". If you don't know what she's thinking, what makes you think a bunch of online strangers would know?

You, as a guy, have to accept uncertainty as a fact of life.

- She calls you "buddy"? IRRELEVANT
- She's friendly to other guys? IRRELEVANT
- She initiates on MSN? IRRELEVANT

The only way to judge her interest is to get her to spend one-on-one time with you. And even that is not entirely accurate. Bottom line is, if you can't tolerate uncertainty and risk, you shouldn't be in this courtship game. Only girls rip their hairs out trying to interpret every little sign, gesture and tick to ascertain what antoehr person is thinking. Don't do it.

#4 misa.

misa.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:12 AM

she is prolly just getting comfortable and thinks of you as a friend. which isn't a good thing.

#5 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:02 AM

Or maybe your already in the friend zone.

You have to make yourself standout from the pack bro.

#6 GoP-Demon

GoP-Demon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:42 AM

she probably watched some gangstert show or movie recently and got it from that... thats what I do.

#7 AsianShadow

AsianShadow

Shadow Warrior

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1896 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

Personally, I think yea, she just looks at you like a friend.
If she saw you as anything more, then I would expect her to be more flirtatious/playful with her choice of words.

#8 Jeffre yip(HK)

Jeffre yip(HK)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

frankly can't rly tell.and by interpreting the meaningz behind those wordz will nvr get u to anywhere.i got couple of gal frdz even call me sweetheart.weird eh.but as far as we go,we jz stay buddies all along.

#9 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

yea pretty much u are her friend so she calls u buddy
simple as that u shouldnt think so much
come on now ur a guy dont think like a girl and obssess over the littles gestures.
if u are interested in her then ur kinda losing ur chance cuz ur in the friend zone now

#10 levig090

levig090

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

oooh i think you are in the friend zone mate.
but if you want her you just gotta come clean you never know what her answer will be but the worst you'll get is a no, so just do it.

there's no point in wondering and tiptoeing around about what she really thinks about you and losing sleep over it.
just ask her if she wants to do something together with you and find out from there.

Edited by levig090, 06 August 2009 - 05:14 PM.

#11 Zannnes

Zannnes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:39 PM

Have to agree that perhaps da' babe is just taking you up as a friend?
I mean if it was for me, if I were to have feelings towards a guy..
I wouldn't refer it to as buddy. I might be using nicknames like dear or darling..

Well, but you know what.
Different people have different way of expressing themselves.
Who knows what happens next right?

#12 JSBach

JSBach

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3875 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

This thread proves how lame many of you AFers are.

Just because she uses a certain word, you think "oh, you're probably friendzoned". Give me a break. You cannot make that determination based on a single word. You actually think a girl whom he knows for only a month will use words like "honey" or cutie" or "sweetheard"? Riiiiight.

Being friendzone involves being the constant recipient of a certain type of behavior, such as her flaking on you consistantly or her showing a certain lack of respect and passion.

If you're gonna base relationships based on a single word, all I'll say is, I'm glad your retardedness isn't contagious :)

#13 Topnotch(LAUJ)

Topnotch(LAUJ)

HI....HI..

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

I don't really think that word seem to matter if she call you bud/buddy. Go for it and ask her out.
Its better to try and do something then wait and wait.

#14 INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

she is prolly just getting comfortable and thinks of you as a friend. which isn't a good thing.

Agreed... late for you.... you are now in the friend zone... no backing out
....unless you straight up ask her out on a date (dont do it online... too immature) and see what her reaction is... but be warned that you may possibly make the situation/friendship/what-you-have-now into something weird for her

Edited by INSTIGATOR, 08 August 2009 - 02:53 AM.

#15 Crystallicious

Crystallicious

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

This thread proves how lame many of you AFers are.

Just because she uses a certain word, you think "oh, you're probably friendzoned". Give me a break. You cannot make that determination based on a single word. You actually think a girl whom he knows for only a month will use words like "honey" or cutie" or "sweetheard"? Riiiiight.

Being friendzone involves being the constant recipient of a certain type of behavior, such as her flaking on you consistantly or her showing a certain lack of respect and passion.

If you're gonna base relationships based on a single word, all I'll say is, I'm glad your retardedness isn't contagious :)

Funny, I actually call everyone sweetie or honey after 1 month of msn ~

Anyways, it just means that she's more comfortable with you now that she's gotten to know you better. Nothing else.

#16 六月的雨

六月的雨

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:16 AM

So I met this girl month and a half ago and got to hang out with her a few times, talked to her often on msn and text....and i'm really into her. I got a really good vibe from her.. she usually initiates the msn msgs/texts...but then again she's very friendly and very social (with all guys).. I couldn't help but notice these past couple of msgs i get from her she adds "bud" at the end...ie/ take care bud.... i know i'm reading a little too deep into this but i guess my question is does that mean a girl probably only sees u as a friend when they use that?

If she does it in a very obvious way then I think you should take the hint. But usually you shouldn't read too deeply into things like this.

#17 DiscoJox

DiscoJox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

Don't analyze every little detail...
She probably doesn't see it the same way. If you like her then ask her out. She already calls you buddy so its obvious she's already comfortable talking to you. Spend more time with her in person instead of texting or msn.

#18 Fung4eva

Fung4eva

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

Just because you're in the friend zone right now doesn't mean you will always stay there.

#19 DejaVudoo

DejaVudoo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

You're reading too much into it. It is exactly this type of behaviour that ends up turning girls off from you. So what if she says bud, who cares. If you get hung up over every little details of a conversation you ahve iwth her, you're gonna end up being seen as a little puppy dog she can control and have do whatever she wants.

If she acts that way with all guys, then that's all there is to it, saying "bud" is just her way of socializing. It doesnt mean you dont have a chance. But if you keep having these thoughts in your head, you're going to eventually make it very uncomfortable for her to talk to you or be around you (through body langauge, tone, etc... whether you realize it or not). Just relax and dont turn into a nervous wreck, or else youll for sure just be a bud.

#20 Peppermint_618

Peppermint_618

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:50 AM

I call my close guy friend buddy all the time, if he's like you and think too much of it, I'd be extremely worried

#21 loving smiles

loving smiles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

I think she's comfortable with you and see you as a friend but who knows because y0u can't really tell since its not up front...

#22 Dalja

Dalja

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

i think this terms are for those people who have some understanding between them.. you like each others company.... and i think she also wants to be close with you.... but if you like this girl just make it slow... slowly but surely...

#23 동갑내기

동갑내기

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:09 PM

sometimes for guys i like i call them "buddy" when i don't wanna make it too obvious that i like them... esp since im not a sappyish kind of person....

but sometimes i callguys i don't like "buddy" to show them i REALLY don't like them more then just a friend.

so ... really, i don't know about ur case!!

girls are very hard to read.. and quite manipulative in their thinking.

i'm sorry :/

#24 nicksy007

nicksy007

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:22 AM

When a girl call you bud or buddy, forget about it. Move on, all they want now is company and you are their life jacket.

#25 Rain1314

Rain1314

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

I think you're reading too much into it....I call almost everyone buddy its just a friendly term but it doesn't mean nothing else can happen

#26 ilovepink22

ilovepink22

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

ahaha... I have a guy friend and we call each other buddy... well, she see you as a friend...a close guy friend.... but friendship ca turn into romantic love.... you take the risks....

#27 beepbweepcreep

beepbweepcreep

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

If I feel that a friend of mine might be developing feelings for me (I know this sounds arrogant, but I m sure you know what I mean ), and even if I am not 100% sure about this, I would intentionally add "bro" into the conversations. I mean, if they are developing feelings for me, and I dont reciprocate them, then this should show that I only see them as a friend. If I have misread them, and they dont actually like me more than a friend, then they probably wouldn't even notice that I ve added "bro" everywhere. Either way, it's a win? lol.

#28 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

I hate when anyone calls me that ...

the only time I don't mind is if it's like a stranger or someone I'm not very close to, but if it's anyone that I've known for a while ...
I don't like that. Calling someone buddy has less personal touch

#29 SoulxHaven

SoulxHaven

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

at least she isnt calling you "bro"

#30 zero2hero

zero2hero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

No matter how she sees you right now - if you want her, stop talking to her on msn. period. Only communicate with her in person.

#31 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

dont turn into a woman and think too hard into this.
im a girl and i call every bud even a dog lol so it could just be a common phrase that she uses to refer to everyone.
i call everything sweetie but that doesnt mean im into them
the best way for you to know is just to ask her.
the more u dont know and wonder on your own.. the more your mind will wander

#32 Michelle.

Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7403 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

^ um um i have a question.. why are u replying to this thread even tho u posted something a year ago? LOL!!!!

ANYWAYYSSS ppl shouldnt be bringing back threads from so long ago.. think it's relevant anymore? LMAO.

i sound like a troll.. but just couldnt help but notice..