AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

iPartment / Ai Qing Gong Yu ( 爱情公寓 )

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 cfensi

cfensi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

Episode Length: 45 minutes
Production Company: Shanghai Film (Group) Company, where computer technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. Jiangxi TV satellite channel
Type: Urban / Idol / life / Comedy
Theme song: My future tense
Set Number: 20 sets / 20 has been played to the first set of
Filming date: November 2008
Airdate: August 5, 2009, Jiangxi TV at 19:35

Synopsis: Four guys. Three girls. Seven very different backgrounds. One apartment.

English subbed at Viikii Episode One
http://www.viikii.ne...-episode-1.html

The priest outfit in episode 1 got me interested

Episodes on MyChineseDrama@youtube

Posted Image

Characters:

Posted Image
Li Wanyu (Zhao Ji)

23 yrs old, female Fashion editor
Very idealistic and romantic about love
From a rich family, but left to live her own life

Posted Image
Lv Ziqiao (Sun Yizhou)

24 yrs old, Self-employed
A playboy, but lacking courage

Posted Image
Chen Meijia (Li Jinming)

21 yrs old, female Part-time job
ideal for love: Wants someone handsome. Someone really, really hot.

Posted Image
Guangyu Shenqi / Sekiya (Wang Chuanjun)

26yrs old, Cartoonist
a male Chauvinist, Japanese?

Posted Image
Chen Xiaoxian (Chen He)
28 yrs old, male Radio Host

Posted Image
Hu Yifei (Luo Yixiao)

26 yrs old, female, Grad student, instructor
bold and fearless, especially in love

Posted Image
Lu Zhan-Bo (Jin Shi Jia)

23 yrs old, male, Web programmer
very kind, and simple, with a high IQ, Shy around girls.

Edited by cfensi, 06 September 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#2 Puppet Princess

Puppet Princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

I looooove this show! It's sooo funny. The priest outfit was great. And the English gibberish that everyone thought was good.

I got hooked at the very first scene though... the um... crotch to the bus pass reader thing was XD.

And there was just something about cruising down the road on a tractor... and rapping...

#3 cfensi

cfensi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

Wow, I was always under the impression you didn't know Chinese or were learning or something? Kudos if you learned it though.

Yeah. I was really surprised to see someone decked out as a priest in this show. Not that there's not priests in Chinese shows, but not hot ones. Brings back memories of telenovelas and soaps I watched that induced some sort of priest fetish.

Ahem...suffice it to say, he caught my attention.

And it's on youtube:

Priest guy in HQ from episode 1!

From the character order on baike, he seems to be the main guy? Poor Wang Chuanjun seems to not be paired with any of the girls.

I hate to be region-prejudiced, but I am so surprised this is from Jiangxi TV which is kinda poor...I guess they're getting better! But then again Hunan TV is poorer than Jiangsu TV and I think they're better. And I never would have heard of this had it not been for all the Meteor Shower haters who compared it

Edited by cfensi, 28 August 2009 - 10:26 PM.

#4 Puppet Princess

Puppet Princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:24 AM

Wow, I was always under the impression you didn't know Chinese or were learning or something? Kudos if you learned it though.

lol I am learning... but I watch a lot of raw shows whether I fully understand what's going on or not. TV, for the most part, is visual story telling. So, while I may be missing specific details and a lot of the verbal jokes... as long as there are good actors who can emote well it doesn't really stop me from understanding and enjoying the show.

For things like iPartment... I can get the simple jokes but iPartment has a lot of psychical and visual comedy too, so that's funny no matter what language it's in.

I hate to be region-prejudiced, but I am so surprised this is from Jiangxi TV which is kinda poor...I guess they're getting better! But then again Hunan TV is poorer than Jiangsu TV and I think they're better. And I never would have heard of this had it not been for all the Meteor Shower haters who compared it

People are comparing this and Meteor Shower? For real? It's not really the same type of show though. You would think the Meteor Shower haters would be comparing it to other versions of Hana Yori Dango instead. So... if iPartment is being compared to Friends and Meteor Shower is being compared to iPartment... does that mean Meteor Shower is being compared to Friends? lol

#5 cfensi

cfensi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

People are comparing this and Meteor Shower? For real? It's not really the same type of show though. You would think the Meteor Shower haters would be comparing it to other versions of Hana Yori Dango instead. So... if iPartment is being compared to Friends and Meteor Shower is being compared to iPartment... does that mean Meteor Shower is being compared to Friends? lol

I think haters just wanted to hurt Meteor Shower's ratings in the beginning, and this was conveniently on at the time, and fairly well-written so they tried to get people interested in this instead. But you're right...they're not even the same type of series.

But if one of the F4 was a girl, it'd be 3 girls and 3 guys and just like Friends! :innocent

#6 Puppet Princess

Puppet Princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:58 AM

lol The haters must be rather upset than, since their evil plot is failing.

#7 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:21 AM

This is so funny. Zhan Bo and Wanyu are so cute together.

#8 cfensi

cfensi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:05 AM

I didn't know this was being subbed at Vikii! Yay!

http://www.viikii.ne...-episode-1.html

And inquiring minds want to know...what is up with this part of the credits?

Posted Image

You see the cute couple Zhan Bo and Wangyu in the bg, and then, there's the two guys in the foreground.

Edited by cfensi, 06 September 2009 - 03:29 AM.

#9 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:48 AM

^You know I was wondering about that too....it's like wth. It's not like they are being paired together.....just a very odd picture that doesn't seem to fit anywhere. Atleast from what I've seen so far.

#10 cfensi

cfensi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

Ok, I think that whoever decided to sub this at Vikii decided to maybe because of this post, because they have my exact character descriptions, which I'm ok with, but I did those character descriptions really fast. There are full character descriptions at Baike, which I will translate later.

Maybe I should make threads for everything I'd like subbed. If you guys at Viikii are reading this, can you sub Ugly Wudi too? It's funny as well....slow at the beginning, but very funny.

I broke down. Out of everything I wanted to watch, Sophie's Revenge, PoT2, Ugly Wudi 3, etc, etc I decided to watch the first episode of this, and so far it's so so hilarious. I'm at the part where Lv Ziqiao's trying to get into the wedding. And you're right! I love the actress for Wan Yu. She's so cute without being annoying. She would have made a good Sakuno.

I haven't loved an Asian sitcom so much since Jia You Er Nv.

They have little Character profile pictures:

Posted Image

Wang Chuanjun ^^ Always playing someone Japanese related.

Edited by cfensi, 06 September 2009 - 05:22 PM.

#11 vicki

vicki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

It is a sitcom like "Friends" and american sitcom, no ?

#12 Puppet Princess

Puppet Princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

It is a sitcom like "Friends" and american sitcom, no ?

It's not exactly like an American sitcom but it's pretty close. It's twice as long as any American sitcom but it's got laugh tracks and it's all about the sometimes cheesy jokes. Silly antics and all that stuff.

#13 yanyan2003

yanyan2003

Ariel & Hu Ge Always

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:10 AM

^Haha it does get pretty cheesy sometimes. But I love the fact that they encorporate so much into this, like HXGG, Romance in the Rain, Wang Leehom. It's all pretty funny.

I'm sad I didn't get to finish this before school started. Now it's gonna take me forever to finish the rest.

#14 emptysky

emptysky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

http://www.youtube.c...siansourceCpop2

Three episodes of ipartment are uploaded.

#15 pom45i

pom45i

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:23 PM

We wouldn't mind a little help to sub on viikii, thanks.

#16 Jaaaackee

Jaaaackee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

hey guys,
does anyone know when season 2 of this is coming out? and whats the deal with the new actor/actresses? the original cast was fantastic.

hey guys,
does anyone know when season 2 of this is coming out? and whats the deal with the new actor/actresses? the original cast was fantastic.

also i find it sad that i can't find anything about the actors/actresses in this drama, would definately watch more shows with any of these actors in it!

#17 童鼎元

童鼎元

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

hey guys,

also i find it sad that i can't find anything about the actors/actresses in this drama, would definately watch more shows with any of these actors in it!

season 3 is coming

#18 Aisingioro K'aisiyvn

Aisingioro K'aisiyvn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

i love this show

hoho S3 is coming

#19 David Sun

David Sun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

wait ot the people thats only to ep3 is because you dont understand chinease and YAY s3 is comming out in 10 days yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!