#1 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:37 AM

Posted Image

What do you think about Selena Li as Mun Bou Yin in Beyond The Realm Of Conscience???

Edited by jse, 07 November 2009 - 02:03 AM.

#2 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36130 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

Here's a mini character introduction for Selena's character:

Selena's character, Mang Bo Yin, comes from a very wealthy family. She also has a straight-forward personality, whatever she doesn't like, she'll speak her mind, this will make the audience think she's evil, but actually she isn't. She's the daughter of Man Kim Fung and Suen Ga Bik. Her father, Man Kim Fung, is evil and had had a relationship with one of the four officers, played by Susanna Kwan.
Bo Yin herself, will become a concubine, to Li Chen, the Emperor played by Moses Chan. Yiu Gam Ling, a palace maid with Lau Sam Ho also becomes a concubine, which leads Bo Yin to a lot of quarrel scenes with Gam Ling. She'll be pregnant of Moses' child, it is said that there is a possibility that she will die after being pregnant or after giving birth. Towards the end of the series, Bo Yin will be very miserable.

Credits: to Selena's Fansource @ http://selena-li.com/

#3 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Shame her role in here will be over shadowed by Charmaine and Tavia. But I'm still looking forward to seeing her in it!

#4 the-yellowdream

the-yellowdream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

From the mandarin trailer that is released recently, I assume the following: Selena is pregnant of Moses' child, it's unknown why but the day that the child will be born is also the day that Moses (the emperor) will die... In order to "save" Moses' life, Tavia wants to kill Selena's baby... in the trailer it's shown that Tavia gives Selena something to drink, which Selena doesn't want.. it's probably a poison to kill the baby..

#5 Guest_Silver_Wings_94_*

Guest_Silver_Wings_94_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

hey selena's in this series. interesting between her, charmaine and tavia fighting over moses. i rlly need to watch this.!

#6 Felli

Felli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

Major spoiler so avoid if you don't want to know.

Spoiler

#7 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36130 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

Here's Selena's Chinese character intro:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...ce/cast/100143/

#8 insanity1903

insanity1903

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

Major spoiler so avoid if you don't want to know.

Spoiler

I think it's more than that.

Spoiler

#9 Felli

Felli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

I think it's more than that.

Spoiler

Oh dear.

It seems to me that Selena's character is more to the good side, contrary to
what was initially said that she's evil. I think I am going to love her character
but... looks like she's going to have the worst ending of all casts. :(

#10 s a r a h

s a r a h

我的白馬王子

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3688 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

WOW...her character seems so pitful and sad! LOL...all because of Tavia! D=
This is surely a bad ending for her...hmnn, but i think i will enjoy her scenes! ^^
Oh..maybe it does have something to do with Tavia sitting in top of her and pouring the drink into her mouth causing herself and the baby to die...?

Okay...that was just my guess from what i saw in the themevideo. That's just...sad.

#11 insanity1903

insanity1903

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

WOW...her character seems so pitful and sad! LOL...all because of Tavia! D=
This is surely a bad ending for her...hmnn, but i think i will enjoy her scenes! ^^
Oh..maybe it does have something to do with Tavia sitting in top of her and pouring the drink into her mouth causing herself and the baby to die...?

Okay...that was just my guess from what i saw in the themevideo. That's just...sad.

Spoiler

Oh dear.

It seems to me that Selena's character is more to the good side, contrary to
what was initially said that she's evil. I think I am going to love her character
but... looks like she's going to have the worst ending of all casts. :(

Sad eh. Hopefully she will pull it off well and perhaps win something at the end of the year :)

#12 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

I just hope Selena will have a breakthrough role in this series and win "The Most Improved Actress" award!!!! Support her!!!!!

#13 kpopanda

kpopanda

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

I just hope Selena will have a breakthrough role in this series and win "The Most Improved Actress" award!!!! Support her!!!!!

same here, i think this is selena's best role so far. she only has about 3 serious competing this year I think which is WESFOTSW and JLII. A breakthrough.

#14 PinkAngel506

PinkAngel506

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

Like you guys I hope this series will help her grab the Most Improved Actress award this year. She really deserves it.

#15 halcyon_days

halcyon_days

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:15 AM

she's so pretty in that picture! Her haristyle is so nice too!

#16 Lilpinkbunny

Lilpinkbunny

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

i love selena! i also hope she does really well in this series. she looks very pretty!

do you guys know if she willingly married, or if she was forced to?

#17 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

^^^
I guess she is forced to marry Moses at the beginning!
Spoiler

Agree with you guys that Selena looks very pretty in the chinese costume!
Always think that she looks better in ancient series!
Can't wait for her 1st appearance in the series!

#18 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, Selena finally appeared this week. I want to watch Selena on the TV Screen. And it seems Selena is evil enough to combat with Tavia. I think Selena only appearing in episode 15. So, we can watch her on Friday.

#19 lonegurl

lonegurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

I don't really like her hairdo in this show. Plus, her bratty and spoiled character kind of turn me off. Anyway, looking forward to better performance from her next week.

#20 Felli

Felli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

Reading her bio and her ending in the show, I felt bad for Selena. Not anymore after Episode 15.
She bullied Gam Ling and insulted her on purpose. Does she expect Gam Ling to sit back?
Episode 16-20 will be WAR! Let's see what happens.

#21 dramalover369

dramalover369

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

right now Selena seems so evil and spoiled :/ i think she doesnt see the real in others but only herself, very selfcentered but idk what happens next but i think her ending kinda portrays what she did first and her virture :/

#22 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3318 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:28 AM

I love Selenaaaaa. She looks so pretty in here and her acting got better where she can portray this evil role pretty nicely!
She may be bratty and kind of evil too, but in this case, it is a good thing cuz we all know Tavia is not going to be nice anyway. So yaa WAR. At least we won't have to see one person with all the power while the other concubine just sits there and cries. =="

#23 miss scarlett

miss scarlett

chinked-out

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

The only truly GOOD characters in this drama (so far) are probably just Charmaine, Susanna, Moses, and Kevin. Selena's not evil, but I wouldn't call her good either. If she was good, she would not have been bullying, name-calling, and looking down on Tavia even after both of them became concubines.

But I also hear Selena later becomes good friends with Charmaine, so maybe after a few annoying nudges by Charmaine, Selena eventually redeems herself from all the bratty things she has done in the past.

Selena's a GREAT actress by the way. I'm very impressed with her acting.

Edited by miss scarlett, 07 November 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#24 Musical-Notes

Musical-Notes

★鬼王★ forever <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3133 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

I love Selena and her acting has improved a lot! She also looks so pretty in this series but I really hate her character. -.- She purposely spilled the hot tea on Tavia and even said she shouldn't be a concubine just because of her background.

Spoiler

Edited by Musical-Notes, 09 November 2009 - 03:10 AM.

#25 monkeybusiness

monkeybusiness

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

He hairdo in her first appearance (ep 15) is terrible! They could have made her look more attractive, especially since she is praised as such in the series.

#26 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:36 AM

^^^
Yeah her hairdo is not pretty. However, Selena's hairdo will change it into a more proper one as in the official poster. Don't worry too much. This hairdo is the hairdo when Selena is not a concubine yet. So wait for the official hairdo to come. Support Selena!

Edited by annie083, 10 November 2009 - 01:14 PM.
quotes not necessary, just use ^^^ signs

#27 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3318 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:06 AM

Can people please put spoilers LIKE THE THING ABOUT TAVIA in tags................

Ooohh anyway really...about the Charmaine and Selena thing? That would be great if that happened and if Charmaine could influence her.

#28 tcsky

tcsky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

I agree about her hair in her first appearance but I'm also sure that it'll be a lot better once she becomes a concubine. I'm happy that Selena is part of this all and am looking forward to the rivalry between her and Tavia.

#29 witnap

witnap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

from the way she act i am not pitying bou yin if kam ling wanna get back to her...

kinda like she invite all the troubles even before she married the emperor. she agree to married the emperor because she heard that a maid in the palace can married the emperor and she can be better than that.

i am so not supporting bou yin for her action, she is inviting her own death with the bratty behaviour

#30 chelsikayo

chelsikayo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

aww she has such a sad ending :(

i'm only up to episode 9 so i haven't seen her character yet

Spoiler

this is like her only different character
hope she gets a breakthrough and wins something this year (:

Edited by dreamtoday, 08 November 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#31 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3059 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

I like Selena but I'm not a big fan of her character in this show. She's such a spoiled brat that looks down on Tavia because of her status! Tavia would be nice to her if she isn't so mean eg she spilled hot tea on Tavia on purpose.. She's almost the same as Susan Tse who looks down on Mary Hon (but its Tavia in Selena's case) because she was a maid yet she became a concubine. Their bickering scenes are sure to add more excitement to the show and her appearance will definitey cause Tavia to become more "evil" due to how she bullies Tavia.

#32 alicechen

alicechen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

Looks like another character will be heading to the well soon. Ah, she caused Kam Ling to miscarried? I'm sorry Bou Yin, but you have a great price to pay for that. To make matters worse, Bou Yin is not even smart, she's only a spoiled rich girl.

#33 Felli

Felli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

About Tavia's miscarriage,

Spoiler

#34 witnap

witnap

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:42 AM

even if bou yin didnt cause kam ling to miscarriage, but she herself is invitng her own death...
she agreed to marry the emperor because kam ling wants to married the emperor and because kam ling is a maid, bou yin thinks she is better than her becuase bou yin is from a wealthy background.

i don't pity bou yin even if she turn better after that. she is what people call having status discrimination. if bou yin didn't start the bickering frist, most probably kam ling would have let her live

#35 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3318 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

I guess no one cares for SPOILER TAGS here.

Anyways,

Her character is evil here, but nevertheless, Selena impresses me with her acting in this show! Very good and I love her expressions.

Shouldn't say don't blame Tavia for getting back her. Could say she brought it all on her, but still no right for people to get revenge AND cause something as serious as
Spoiler

#36 gapathetic

gapathetic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:52 AM

omg i hate her character. Actually i hate most of the roles she plays.

#37 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

Yeah Selena is pretty and her acting is really good. Her acting can be proved in episode 17. She does good in acting. And the scripts she speak aloud is really tough. Good job and I felt Selena is really good in it other than her previous series.

#38 aikidocat

aikidocat

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

I like Selena better than Tavia here. I am most impressed by Selena as I think she played her part very convincingly as Mun Bou Yin.

#39 Felli

Felli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

This is the same old spoilt rich girl role Selena plays in every other dramas. How boring is
that? I am not impress with her acting like you guys are, I don't see anything special yet. She's
doing an okay job.

#40 the-yellowdream

the-yellowdream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:31 PM

The only truly GOOD characters in this drama (so far) are probably just Charmaine, Susanna, Moses, and Kevin. Selena's not evil, but I wouldn't call her good either. If she was good, she would not have been bullying, name-calling, and looking down on Tavia even after both of them became concubines.

But I also hear Selena later becomes good friends with Charmaine, so maybe after a few annoying nudges by Charmaine, Selena eventually redeems herself from all the bratty things she has done in the past.

Selena's a GREAT actress by the way. I'm very impressed with her acting.

Yes she'll be influenced by Charmaine's good character and eventually turns to be a good girl. She also turns against her godfather Lee Kwok Lun to help Mo, cause she has slowly fallen in love with him. And Moses slowly starts liking her more and more too.. then Selena gets pregnant.
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users