AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Does sleeping with wet hair will affects you bad?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#1 mushiii ♡

mushiii ♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

Honestly I dunno if I post this on right place(Health, Fashion.. or here)?

Okay.. My mother didn't allow me and my sister to take bath at evening... She said that it is bad for us.. because it will affects us and will go to mind retardation... Is that true?? Did you guys tried it?? errrrm.. I once tried to sleep with my wet hair but I just caught a headache (not sure if it's coz of that or my bad sleeping position.. LMAO)... so I never did it again.. but then again I had a doubt if that is really true that it will end to mind retardation?? Is it a superstition only or a scientific one???
When I got my answers I'll go tell my mother... coz I'm tired of being unease at night.. haisss...

Edited by K H E Y ü, 08 September 2009 - 02:09 PM.

#2 asianbelle

asianbelle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

Headache I can see, but mind retardation?

I don't understand why your mom thinks it's a bad idea to take a bath in the evening. The wet hair thing however... in general it just feels uncomfortable and while you're smothering your wet hair in the pillow, it feels like you're not allowing your scalp to breathe, air out, etc. so I can see where the headache thing comes from.

#3 aznboy189

aznboy189

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

My parents do the same thing. They won't let us go to sleep with wet hair. I once forgot to dry it and I got a really bad headache. I never did it again.

#4 pinkpinkpink

pinkpinkpink

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

It's because sleeping with wet hair gives you headache. So they want you to wash your hair the morning or the afternoon to be sure that, before you sleep, your hair is dry.

Mind retardation? Ridiculus

Edited by pinkpinkpink, 08 September 2009 - 09:40 PM.

#5 hell0kittyangel1

hell0kittyangel1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

LOOLLLL. i go to sleep with wet hair like..every night. I guess ive been soo used to it that it doesn't give me a headache anymore.

#6 MimiHarmony

MimiHarmony

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:39 AM

Superstition with sleeping with wet hair :wtf never heard about that...that's pretty much ridiculous. Headache, maybe. But for sure you can get sick by sleeping with your hair wet. I've been a victim lol! One time in summer i've slep with my hair wet and got a/c running in my bedroom. The next day i got sick :crybaby

#7 ♥ ying

♥ ying

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

I'm just sure that you'll get headaches..cos' i'll fell asleep sometimes, if i'm too tired and i'll get headaches the next day.

#8 mushiii ♡

mushiii ♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

yahh.. I think my mother is just exaggerating... LMFAO.. but if I wanna have headache I definitely try it! :wacko:

#9 Ocean168

Ocean168

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3913 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

Bathing in the evening is alright. You mum is just believing in the ‘old tales' on this…

There is no scientific evidence on ‘retardation' in bathing at night. In fact, most
working adults bath at night especially if they work late.

But if you wash your hair, it is better to blow it dry because sleeping with wet hair may
gives you headache. If not, you can wait for your hair to dry up a bit first before you sleep.

#10 Denise_Dinc

Denise_Dinc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:57 AM

I guess it's noot about being superstitious, sleeping with wet hair can cause lice (just like tying up wet hair) and believe it or not, the water can actually be absorbed into your head and will cause severe headache in the long run.

#11 Seabrook

Seabrook

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

If you sleep with wet hair or parts of your body is wet when you sleep. The moisture goes into your bones when you sleep. Doing that often will make your bones ache when you get older. Usually Chinese people know this and tell their kids not to do it. Many white people do this.

#12 lostinthemist

lostinthemist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

Well, as for me, I've never had a headache after sleeping with wet hair. Only thing what comes with this, my hair will be very messy in the morning. Even if I comb my hair then some part of hair (usually the side of my head that's on the pillow) will stay messy. Kinda funny actually.

Edited by lostinthemist, 02 October 2009 - 10:26 PM.

#13 sk47z

sk47z

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:00 AM

well my mum oso dun allow me to sleep with wet hair.. she say tat it'll cause headache.. i did try once n i do hav headache.. n according to chinese if u sleep with wet hair it'll cause the air to gets into ya head which is the cause of headache n oso it'll get more n more serious when gettign old.

#14 candygurl

candygurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

I think this is just part of the chinese superstition. My mum will also react the same way like many other chinese mums. Ever since i was young, i was always being told that sleeping with wet hair is bad due to the same reason u guys r saying here. except she said that while we r sleeping, the water will seep in through to the pores of our head getting into the bones. thus giving us headache and like wat my mum said "retardation".

#15 Shun Takashi

Shun Takashi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

sleeping with wet hair will cause you to go blind. i saw one case, by the time its morning he's eyes are white and blind.

#16 trizz251

trizz251

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

I think it just gives you bad headache thats all. I personally dont like sleeping with wet hair it just makes it all weird looking in the morning.

#17 gragra0103

gragra0103

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

i use to do that all the time, never got headaches either... i dunno, i think it just depends on how strong your body is.

#18 naruto123

naruto123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:47 AM

Sleeping with wet hair will not get you retardation its a myth, but sleeping with wet hair will definetly give you a headache

#19 Superasia

Superasia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

I remember when I was young oldies always say never sleep with wet hair. Your wet hair will cling to dust and nasty allergens and can cause head colds, sinus problems, headaches, and eye problems like styes.

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:26 AM

holi sh*t my mom says this tooO!!!! its false ?? ahaha but everytime i do (not anymore but idid when i was little :x) my head would hurt the next dya tho O.O and it felt weird so i stoped doing it

#21 Shun Takashi

Shun Takashi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

how wet is your hair when you guys/gals do that? towel dry? damp? or like just out of the shower soaking wet and sleep asap?

#22 edlim12

edlim12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

sleeping with wet hair will make you fall sick i guess. It does for me.

#23 WayanG

WayanG

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

i used to do it a lot nothing happen though but now i rather blow dry my hair before slping or else my pillow will turn brown

#24 Aigis~

Aigis~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:29 PM

well i think it ends up making you feel ill.
normally if you just leave it , it's definetly much more of a higher of a chance
of you catching a flu.

#25 Vivian_YH

Vivian_YH

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:07 AM

I will end up getting a terrible headache the next morning.....

#26 shadow711

shadow711

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

it will give me a horrible headache afterwards but i never heard of anything about mind retardation

#27 KFClub

KFClub

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

I think headache, as the water will cool down and affect your head (assuming that you immediately sleep after a shower). Honestly I've never experienced it before, so I'm not sure. As seen above, flu can also be possible. (Like after a rainy day and your hair is also wet, you can get flu)

#28 davinadarkstar

davinadarkstar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:00 AM

Your pillow will be wet. lol
Nope, I do it sometimes, but if you leave your window open and it's cold, you could get sick.

#29 chocomii

chocomii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

my mom said, i will catching cold if i slept with wet hair..
and it is uncomfortable to sleep with wet hair..

#30 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:44 AM

I'll feel like sh*t the next day if I don't take a shower at night.

And then it turns out to be a bad day itself.

Try taking a shower 2-3 hours before sleeping.

#31 jeanlean

jeanlean

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:35 AM

Well my parents say that you can get head cold.. but I wouldn't know considering I have never gone to sleep with wet hair before :P

#32 Ruby_Junior♡

Ruby_Junior♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

sleeping with wet hair is bad for u

apparently it causes wind or air to go into ur head
and causes headaches
especially when u grow up
or something like that

plus its not comfortable anyway ==
and the pillow gets all soaked and i tend to turn

then my face would get all wet? LOL

#33 maniakidd

maniakidd

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

Mind retardation is ludicrous. But how can you sleep with wet hair anyways? its uncomfortable and wets the pillow your sleeping on. just avoid it,nothing bad will happen to you but just dont do it. for your mum and you sake of mind. lol

#34 skyrsx

skyrsx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

LOL mind retardation! Thats a first xD. I get headaches from sleeping with wet hair but not more retarded xD. I always shower at night, just blow dry your hair before heading to bed.

#35 ksuna

ksuna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:16 AM

Yeah,sleeping with wet hair will affect us really bad XD.I got a headache from sleeping with wet hair and one time I caught a flu with it XD. So if you always shower at night, just blow dry your hair before heading to bed if you don't want bad effect.

#36 LittleKungFuGirl

LittleKungFuGirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:11 AM

I can see that yielding headaches and all sorts of similar encumbrances - but nothing due to supernatural reasons.
It's like exercising with your head propped against your pillow. The hindered circulation will cause you to feel your heartbeat in your head. Simple as that ~

#37 ev0

ev0

*vroom vroom*

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yup, I get the headache if my hair's still slightly damp. I get away with by sleeping with resting my head/hair on my forearm. LOL, then I go to sleep, wake up okay. :P

#38 Guest_GabrielKnight_*

Guest_GabrielKnight_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

Oh, I feel a bit surprised when you guys don't use a hair dryer to make your hair dry before going to sleep? It takes you only 5 or 10 minutes to do that, instead of leaving your hair wet all the night long, which can cause headache or a disease to your hair.

#39 myoki

myoki

(^_~)

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

My mum told me not to sleep with wet hair, but once I sleep with wet hair I got headache the next day, since then I always dry my hair if I wash it at night.

#40 sandyyy

sandyyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:59 AM

I sometimes sleep with wet hair, but it's usually wrapped in a towel so when I wake up I don't ever wake up with a headache.
Maybe it varies from people to people? Or maybe it's just me.