[sport] Basketball

1012 replies to this topic

#1001 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

Well...as much as people hate the Heat and wanted Boston to get in...I guess they will have to keep wishing. I must admit I am torn between OKC and the Heat because I really like Kevin Durant and the way he carries himself.

If anything..people really need to stop underestimating James. He pretty much is damned if he do and damned if he don't. He has the most pressure on him out of all the players left in the playoffs. For that reason, I'm rooting for him. I believe it is his time. He's been there twice already and deserves to win. I hope he gets it and all the haters sit down.

#1002 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm rooting for Heat. OKC has a great future ahead.

#1003 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Looks like OKC the future is now. Man that durant kid is great he had 36 & 17 were in the 4th qtr.

#1004 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

I watched game 2 last night, the heat had a hard time upsetting thunder. Thunder's players are deadly shooters.
mj,
I agree with you. He's prolific in the shooting dept. Though he had 5 fouls but his score is still high. Wow!
mlint,
I salute and admire James because he gives his best every game. I feel sorry for his MVP title because he has to win championships to prove to his haters he deserves it. To me, he really deserves it.

#1005 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'm so happy for Miami Heat. Congratulations! Great job! :)

#1006 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

not that I'm tooting my own horn, Posted Image but................

I called for a heat-thunder final before the playoffs even began.Posted Image

Wrong thread but, my next predictions..........

Germany will win EURO 2012
Obama will hang on to the white house
China will land humans on Mars before the usa

#1007 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

This was one of the better series in a long time and the ratings were the highest since 2004! So for all the critics saying the NBA is dying....look again. The best thing Lebron could've done was the decision. Although it made me dislike him for a while, it has also made him so polarizing fans who hate him tune in to see him lose...

Check out the Cleveland weatherman who was upset about the win...he virtually loses it live!

Lebron partied until 6 a.m. but what got people mad was the "vampire" tshirt he was wearing and for the life of me I don't understand why they were upset. If anything I would've been mad he had LMFAO partying with him because I was never hyped after watching that video.

http://www.youtube.c...1&v=hqZ3u9L6hso

It was also pointed out it took Lebron longer than Kobe and Michael to win his first title but I don't count Kobe since he had Shaq Diesel on his team.

Even though I'm happy for the Heat, I still have soft spot for Durant because he's such a sweetheart but he doesn't have the KILL in him yet and once he obtains that he will become a beast!

@Twin ~ If after landing on Mars brings out some predator vs. aliens occurrence I say let China be the first but don't bring anything back with ya' lol

Edited by mlint007, 24 June 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#1008 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Oh Twin!!!!

Looks like Jeremy Lin is leaving after all. New York said they would match the Houston offer and then Lin (secretly) went back to Houston and negotiated a higher amount and New York said no...so it looks like he's heading to Houston.

#1009 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Well, according to my watch....

NY still has almost 3 hours to match as they must make a decision by 11:59 est tonite.Posted Image

But having said that, you could be right. Jeremy may be a rocket afterall.

E D I T

The deadline came and went. NY declined to match.Posted Image

Houston Rockets official website is already taking orders for # 7 Lin jerseys.

Congratulations & Best wishes, Jeremy Posted Image

Edited by twinspirit, 19 July 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#1010 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Heat down Thunder in NBA Finals rematch

LeBron James scored 29 points, passed out nine assists and grabbed eight rebounds to spark the Miami Heat over the Oklahoma City Thunder 103-97 in a rematch of last June's NBA Finals.

The reigning NBA champion Heat won their fifth game in a row and improved to 19-6, the best record in the Eastern Conference, while the Thunder lost for the second game in a row after a 12-game win streak, falling to 21-6.

"It's two teams that have the same aspiration -- to win a championship," James said. "Nobody is going to shortcourt anything. It's always a tough game."

The Heat led 96-92 and kept the Thunder silent from the field for more than four minutes but Kevin Durant sank a free throw and followed with a slam dunk with 44 seconds remaining to pull Oklahoma City within 96-95.

James, who made 12 of his 20 shots from the field, found Chris Bosh unguarded under the net with a pass for an easy slam dunk to boost Miami's lead. But Durant answered with a jumper to keep the Thunder close.

Ray Allen hit two free throws to move Miami ahead 100-97. Russell Westbrook missed a three-pointer for the Thunder and the Heat answered with a free throw from Allen and two more by Bosh to create the final margin.

Durant scored a game-high 33 points, 14 of them in the fourth quarter, to lead Oklahoma City while Westbrook added 21 points and 11 rebounds and Serge Ibaka scored 15 points.

Dwyane Wade scored 21 points for the Heat, while Mario Chalmers added 20 points for Miami.

Source: AFP News and YahooSports

^I would love to see both teams in the NBA finals again. Way to go Miami Heat!!!

Edited by Ait Wang, 26 December 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#1011 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

First game tomorrow, excited but nervous at the same time. Hope Heat wins.

A bit worried for Wade. Heard his hurting. Hays, his knee injury now might be the end of his career. I don't know how badly hurt he is but the NBA commentators always mention Wade and his knees, so I guess, its pretty serious. :(

Anyway, let's go Heat!!! :)

#1012 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Wondering, why most of my FB male friends like Spurs. What do they know that I don't? What's up with them?! Oh well, Miami Figthing!!!

#1013 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

^^ You know everyone around me were pulling for the Spurs but I was pulling for the heat.
I think people are too hard on Lebron even though I went to a playoff game this year and
after the game Lebron was on the court waiting for the interviewers to finish up with Ray Allen.

Well a bunch of us fans were asking Lebron to just turn around to give us a picture. He refused to turn around and acknowledge us. I thought it was so stand offish but it's okay. At least I got a picture of him bending over stretching...so a butt picture...LOL... I'll take what I can get.

Edited by mlint007, 23 June 2013 - 09:13 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users