Mixed Children and Genetics

84 replies to this topic

#1 p14n0princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

I've heard from our a doctor that the first generation of mixed children turn out to be good, but the second generation is not so good. So what about the third generation and so on? Is this scientifically proven? I'm not very clear about what makes a person mixed. Can mixed race be something within a race like Japanese/Chinese, Latin/American, Australian/Greek or is it strictly Asian/European, Black/European, Asian/Black?

#2 RedThread1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

I'm sure you could find pictures of various mixes online if you were so concerned... personally i am 1/8 east asian(chinese to be exact) but i look 100% caucasian and so does my mom who is 1/4 east asian and looks 100% caucasian. All genetics are a gamble doesnt matter what the combination is, some traits just win out over the others.

#3 lover

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

I think the poster means in turns of genetics in health not looks. correct?

#4 p14n0princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:14 AM

yup i meant in terms of health clapclap :D

yup i meant in terms of health, but i don't mind discussing looks too lol clapclap :D

#5 RedThread1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:24 AM

I only meant to say that you can inherit more genes from one parent over another when it comes to physical appearance so when it comes to health id say w/e diseases are hereditary in the family can pass on or cancel out regardless of race either way its a gamble same with health. sorry wasnt specific enough. I actually read an article once that said mixing races can be very good because generally there are certain diseases more prevalent in one race over another and by mixing it is possible to lessen or erase certain genetic diseases in both.

#6 SNK_1408

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

View PostRedThread1337, on 28 November 2009 - 07:52 AM, said:

I'm sure you could find pictures of various mixes online if you were so concerned... personally i am 1/8 east asian(chinese to be exact) but i look 100% caucasian and so does my mom who is 1/4 east asian and looks 100% caucasian. All genetics are a gamble doesnt matter what the combination is, some traits just win out over the others.

1/8th? that's not even considered as ethnicity anymore.
Besides, your physical appearance would reassembled your parent's physical appearance.

For these with heavy mixed origin, in case of genetic inherited diseases and organ failure, you guys will experience difficulties finding suitable donors.

#7 RedThread1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:37 AM

^ lol yeah thats why i dont even say i have chinese in me when people ask me about my ethnicity or anything. Whenever i do people look at me weird and say "...No you're not..." lol. So i just refrain from saying it anymore.

#8 Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

I don't think that mixed race people have genetic defects or health issues the further down the family line they go. They are just as healthy as non mixed race people.

#9 p14n0princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

Thank you for all your comments!

I have many friends from different ethnicity (most of then euroasians) and most of them who are from the first generation are very smart, beautiful people to look at and their skin is opaquely flawless! I envy them! But this has to do a lot with the parents genes too! I know another first generation kid who is mixed but not very good looking, but that's because the parents are not great looking either.

The predominant gene of the parent will always prevail in the child. For instance, if the father is asian and the mother is white, their first generation mixed kid would look more asian than they do white as males tend to have stronger genes and vice versa. However, there is another person I know who is very smart, is a second generation child but physically there is something wrong with her eyes, she is a little cocked eyed. Her mother is first generation, but her father is full something.

Also, regardless of ethnicity, is it true that when two people are extremely smart with above average IQ, that their children are likely to be not so smart due to recessive genes? This has to do with physical appearances too.

Thanks!

#10 eyeshadow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

every time people talk about mixed race asian specially white-asian mixed almost all of them think that these people are good looking or better than the pure asian. But if you look at it in reality it's not. wanna proof?, ok here it is:

a lot of Southeast asians whether the chinese or the natives, due to hundreds of years of colonizations by europeans are having a european ancestry actually asian are very mixed people,
the modern japanese known to have been mixing with white heavily, I know a lot of white-japanese mixed now compare this all heavily mixed asians with the one that known as homogenous (means they didn't mix with anyone for a very long time) the korean

how come now the korean are so popular amongst asian because of their good looks?

it seems like all the mixed race asian turn uglier after several generations while the pure ones turning better each generations, what do you think of this phenomenon?

#11 Chatterer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

Aaaand purity leads to sterilization. In the gene pool. :noclue

Honestly, I think this is just a matter of conservative perspectives. From what I have seen, in Filipinos anyway, the mixed ones are quite a bit more attractive. And they're the ones always being offered modeling jobs and careers in entertainment.

#12 kreetslaak

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Lol, what? A bit of a strange post.

1. Most Asians have no white blood whatsoever and vice versa.

2. Mixed-race people are not necessarily more attractive than pure Asians, but can be if they incorporate appealing features from both races, eg. certain typically European facial features combined with Asian longevity as far as hair and/or skin are concerned. It's hit-and-miss, I imagine.

#13 bluestain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

View Posteyeshadow, on 17 January 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

every time people talk about mixed race asian specially white-asian mixed almost all of them think that these people are good looking or better than the pure asian. But if you look at it in reality it's not. wanna proof?, ok here it is:

a lot of Southeast asians whether the chinese or the natives, due to hundreds of years of colonizations by europeans are having a european ancestry actually asian are very mixed people,
the modern japanese known to have been mixing with white heavily, I know a lot of white-japanese mixed now compare this all heavily mixed asians with the one that known as homogenous (means they didn't mix with anyone for a very long time) the korean

how come now the korean are so popular amongst asian because of their good looks?

it seems like all the mixed race asian turn uglier after several generations while the pure ones turning better each generations, what do you think of this phenomenon?

oh course not, any educated person can tell you, you don't have to mixed with white to be attractive. This is just recent sterotype generated from the mass media. There is no fixed universal rule that dictates a person is attractive not based on their race or racial mixture. Beauty is a luck of the straw, simple as that.

If you look at film such as 'the world of suzie wong', mixed children where usually frown upon. Look at the actress who played suzie wong, Nancy Kwan, she is a eurasian born post world war 2. And being a person of mixed ancestry was not seen as attractive or anything special, so basically she was a eurasian born in the time.

But not if you flip the time zone around, 21st century, it's suddenly "cool"? But is it really? I still believe this is just a representation that mask the real truth. If you read Ghassan Hage idealogy of the the 'white nations fantasy', it not all true. In front of everyone, it may seen "cool", but underneath-the true reality -people still prefer their own kind.

So does this popular mentality of racial mixture just a faze and eventually the popularity will be shifted to the "pure" race beauty? what will the mentality be like in 30-50years later? Something to think about.

#14 Grayson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:09 AM

View Postkreetslaak, on 18 January 2010 - 02:18 AM, said:

Lol, what? A bit of a strange post.

1. Most Asians have no white blood whatsoever and vice versa.

2. Mixed-race people are not necessarily more attractive than pure Asians, but can be if they incorporate appealing features from both races, eg. certain typically European facial features combined with Asian longevity as far as hair and/or skin are concerned. It's hit-and-miss, I imagine.

Well, look thru the Asian /Black and you will find far better looking coupling. Asian, they do not want to know or hear it, like all other races they have that one DROP of black blood coursing thru them. We are a world of mixed races, whether you are Black,White, Korean, Japanese or whatever.

Edited by Grayson, 23 January 2010 - 07:11 AM.

#15 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:56 AM

View PostGrayson, on 19 January 2010 - 01:09 AM, said:

Well, look thru the Asian /Black and you will find far better looking coupling.

In your opinion. I guess they looked decent (and I'm not saying they looked ugly. Although big lips wouldn't look so good ... I saw one with somewhat big lips) ...

but in my opinion ... I find half white half Asian more attractive

Who can HONESTLY look at Leah Dizon and Maria Ozawa and NOT think they're HOT??? Unless they're some jealous chick

#16 csdude6_9

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

i think that phenomenon is bs. They're still people. Thus, there'll be ugly ones, good looking ones, and average looking ones. However, I will say that sometimes, general features from both sides combine in such a way to make the person look unattractive.

#17 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

I agree

although I often tend to be more attracted to girls of lighter skin colour. Again ... I do NOT care if dark skinned people are offended because I'm not racist. You CAN'T fuckin' tell me what I find attractive. It's JUST my own physical attractive preference (although I've heard alot of East Asians agree)

Edited by 6shot, 19 January 2010 - 09:13 AM.

#18 Oldboy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

Leah Dizon and Maria Ozawa are hot but I find other pure raced celebs much more attractive.

I like alot of mixed race asians, sometimes they really are more attractive. But I tend to find pure raced ones more attractive, I love asian eyes.

#19 Peppermint_618

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:54 AM

Koreans have good looks because a majority of them had plastic surgery therefore they're popular. Plus amost people like them for their dramas(I think).

#20 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

View Postkca, on 19 January 2010 - 10:59 PM, said:

very weird post and point of view....

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Everyone has their own idea of what attractive is

#21 eyeshadow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

chinese are traditionally a mixed people, look at the geography and the size of china it was a hub of all cultures and ethnics, china has been known by the west since the beginning of century, japan since the late 18th cent and korean the latest, late 19th cent, and look at the population today, china, japan and korea

and SEA because of colonized by a bunch of westerners since 12th century they are all mutt, now consider this 15 yrs of vietnam war produced more than 100,000 babies by american soldiers and local women, now imagine how many of them are there if they stay for more than hundred yrs like they did in philipines. so you get the picture, the reason you don't see this eurasian looking people all over asia is because they turn out more asian looking overtime, and their face look flatter

the ugliest asian I know are usually the 3rd or 4th generation of eurasian, the 1st or 2nd gen looks cute but after that they look the opposite.

i can explain to you why this is happening

View PostOldboy, on 19 January 2010 - 10:43 PM, said:

Leah Dizon and Maria Ozawa are hot but I find other pure raced celebs much more attractive.

I like alot of mixed race asians, sometimes they really are more attractive. But I tend to find pure raced ones more attractive, I love asian eyes.
yeah becoz they are the 1st generation, these ppl usually look attractive but the next next gen turn out worse and worse

View Posteyeshadow, on 24 January 2010 - 08:50 PM, said:

chinese are traditionally a mixed people, look at the geography and the size of china it was a hub of all cultures and ethnics, china has been known by the west since the beginning of century, japan since the late 18th cent and korean the latest, late 19th cent, and look at the population today, china, japan and korea

and SEA because of colonized by a bunch of westerners since 12th century they are all mutt, now consider this 15 yrs of vietnam war produced more than 100,000 babies by american soldiers and local women, now imagine how many of them are there if they stay for more than hundred yrs like they did in philipines. so you get the picture, the reason you don't see this eurasian looking people all over asia is because they turn out more asian looking overtime, and their face look flatter

the ugliest asian I know are usually the 3rd or 4th generation of eurasian, the 1st or 2nd gen looks cute but after that they look the opposite.

i can explain to you why this is happening

yeah becoz they are the 1st generation, these ppl usually look attractive but the next next gen turn out worse and worse

just look at the population of hongkong, singapore, thai, philipines, chinese mixing with white and other people a lot just like SEA
the asian that least likely to mix around are japanese and the least mixed until now is korean and look at them now in general their look are improving, they are the most popular because of their attractive look that prompt the plastic surgery rumors but the reality other asian did plascti surgery a lot more than korean hongkong lead the asian follow by japanese,

while the mixed ppl look tend to deteriorating over time

#22 Grayson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

View PostPeppermint_618, on 21 January 2010 - 08:54 AM, said:

Koreans have good looks because a majority of them had plastic surgery therefore they're popular. Plus most people like them for their dramas(I think).

Touche Peppermint_618!!! mostly all of Koren actress/actors have had major plastic surgery, so they cannot be catagorized as most beautiful because they are plastically made by a doctor, their children will look like their former self, genes do not lie.

#23 Not too Bright

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

I dont think you have a big enough pool to justify what you are claiming. LIke what 6shot said, some of us only know the hot ones and on some occasions we meet some not so good looking ones. Therefore we cant really generalize it based on that. I believe that mixing will lead to some unique features which may or may not look good on that particular person. Everyone is unique in their own way and look can be very subjective.

#24 eyeshadow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

View PostNot too Bright, on 25 January 2010 - 12:07 AM, said:

I dont think you have a big enough pool to justify what you are claiming. LIke what 6shot said, some of us only know the hot ones and on some occasions we meet some not so good looking ones. Therefore we cant really generalize it based on that. I believe that mixing will lead to some unique features which may or may not look good on that particular person. Everyone is unique in their own way and look can be very subjective.
not really, in fact we have plenty of examples, korea is the most homogenous society and japan comes in second, while china is the least homogenous in asia not only china is a hub for north and south but also east and west (silk road) most of SEA countries are pretty mixed also because of influences from India, middle east, spanish and europe, so u can draw conclusion from just looking at their population today

View PostGrayson, on 24 January 2010 - 11:47 PM, said:

Touche Peppermint_618!!! mostly all of Koren actress/actors have had major plastic surgery, so they cannot be catagorized as most beautiful because they are plastically made by a doctor, their children will look like their former self, genes do not lie.
u can cut the crap abt korean plastic surgery cuz i can tell u exactly why they look better than other asian

#25 Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

Mixed race people do look good. Its like cross breading with dogs lol, if you make a good combination of species then the result is amazing. But with humans its not that uch different. Half black and half whites look good and I have seen half asian and half white people before too and they look good, they look asian but with white facial features. It's cool because they have the regular cute features of asians but more pronounced facial features and less flat face.

All people are nice, I don't really think pure race is better looking then mixed or vice versa.

#26 eyeshadow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

View PostAnime_UK, on 25 January 2010 - 12:37 AM, said:

Mixed race people do look good. Its like cross breading with dogs lol, if you make a good combination of species then the result is amazing. But with humans its not that uch different. Half black and half whites look good and I have seen half asian and half white people before too and they look good, they look asian but with white facial features. It's cool because they have the regular cute features of asians but more pronounced facial features and less flat face.

All people are nice, I don't really think pure race is better looking then mixed or vice versa.

korean save the day for all asian race because of their sense of pride of being korean, all other asian even the japanese feel inferior toward other caucasian looking people, so they mix heavily with white people, but they don't turn into good looking either.

there is most common misperception among people that if you mix with caucasian looking then all your next descendants will look more caucasian (sharper) compare to other asian, well in reality it is THE OPPOSITE, the truth is if you mix people up they will gradually turn into Southeast asian or chinese looking (chinese in general are mixed people) which is flatter face, the first 2 generation might look like caucasian but the next generation afterward if they marry back to the japanese the kids will turn into chinese or SEA looking like this girl

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
tiger woods mom is french, english, chinese and thai admixture, and it is very common for asian with european ancestry to look like that

that is common look of 3rd gen of asian with european ancestry, that is why a lot of japanese (with european ancestry) now looking like chinese even tho they don't have chinese in them

#27 Grayson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:26 AM

View Posteyeshadow, on 25 January 2010 - 03:12 AM, said:

korean save the day for all asian race because of their sense of pride of being korean, all other asian even the japanese feel inferior toward other caucasian looking people, so they mix heavily with white people, but they don't turn into good looking either.

there is most common misperception among people that if you mix with caucasian looking then all your next descendants will look more caucasian (sharper) compare to other asian, well in reality it is THE OPPOSITE, the truth is if you mix people up they will gradually turn into Southeast asian or chinese looking (chinese in general are mixed people) which is flatter face, the first 2 generation might look like caucasian but the next generation afterward if they marry back to the japanese the kids will turn into chinese or SEA looking like this girl

tiger woods mom is french, english, chinese and thai admixture, and it is very common for asian with european ancestry to look like that

that is common look of 3rd gen of asian with european ancestry, that is why a lot of japanese (with european ancestry) now looking like chinese even tho they don't have chinese in them

Where do you hear such rubbish. She has no French, English or nothing of the sort. She was born in Thailand to Chineses/ Thai parents and moved to the Fillopenes that is where she grew up. She is pure Thai/Chinese. Tigers bio make him appear he is more mixed than Black/Chinese/Thai. Talk about his father he is all black.

Edited by Myvi, 26 January 2010 - 02:02 AM.
pls dont quote image

#28 Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Also eyeshadow, I noticed that lets say if the father is white and the mother is asian, then their kids end up looking more white then asian but if its the other way around then they look more asian then white. I see a pattern where the kids of mixed race parents look more like the race of their father then the mother.

#29 The Watcher

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

View PostAnime_UK, on 25 January 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

Also eyeshadow, I noticed that lets say if the father is white and the mother is asian, then their kids end up looking more white then asian but if its the other way around then they look more asian then white. I see a pattern where the kids of mixed race parents look more like the race of their father then the mother.

Posted Image

Ata Johnson

+

Posted Image

Rocky Johnson

=

Posted Image

Dwayne Johnson

#30 eyeshadow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

View PostGrayson, on 25 January 2010 - 04:26 AM, said:

Where do you hear such rubbish. She has no French, English or nothing of the sort. She was born in Thailand to Chineses/ Thai parents and moved to the Fillopenes that is where she grew up. She is pure Thai/Chinese. Tigers bio make him appear he is more mixed than Black/Chinese/Thai. Talk about his father he is all black.
no tiger's mom was Dutch, Thai and Chinese, sorry not french but dutch but still caucasian, I found out that asian with caucasian ancestry tend to end up with flatter face

Woods was born in Cypress, California, to Earl (1932-2006) and Kultida (Tida) Woods (born 1944). He is the only child of their marriage but has two half-brothers, Earl Jr. (born 1955) and Kevin (born 1957), and one half-sister, Royce (born 1958) from the 18-year marriage of Earl Woods and his first wife, Barbara Woods Gray. Earl, a retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran, was of mixed African American, Chinese and Native American ancestry. Kultida (née Punsawad), originally from Thailand, is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch.[10] He refers to his ethnic make-up as “Cablinasian” (a syllabic abbreviation he coined from Caucasian, Black, (American) Indian, and Asian).[11]

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Tiger_Woods

#31 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

View Postp14n0princess, on 01 December 2009 - 12:22 AM, said:

Also, regardless of ethnicity, is it true that when two people are extremely smart with above average IQ, that their children are likely to be not so smart due to recessive genes? This has to do with physical appearances too.

I think that would depend on the individual rather than a fact. I would think that two intelligent parents would produce an intelligent child (or should) ... but that all depends how they're raised and educated they become. As for physical ... again, there's no definite answer

View Posteyeshadow, on 17 January 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

That's an opinion. Not fact.

There are alot of good looking mixed Asians and perhaps some not so good looking. The genes you get has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the individual parents and which genes they inherit. They could have more than one child and any one after the first might get some genes the other didn't. Not that I'm saying any child after the first is neccessarily better. I'm just saying they can all turn out different

#32 Grayson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:17 AM

View PostAnime_UK, on 25 January 2010 - 12:37 AM, said:

Anime_UK! You have very colorful ways of referencing people. Now this remark offends me "cross breeding dogs"! I am biracial, who grew up in Britian and never experience problem with race until coming back to America. Yes , I am very pretty and, very fair but what is that, its the role of the dice. So please do not reference us as "MUTT" or CROSS BREEDING DOGS"

View Posteyeshadow, on 27 January 2010 - 02:08 PM, said:

no tiger's mom was Dutch, Thai and Chinese, sorry not french but dutch but still caucasian, I found out that asian with caucasian ancestry tend to end up with flatter face

Woods was born in Cypress, California, to Earl (1932-2006) and Kultida (Tida) Woods (born 1944). He is the only child of their marriage but has two half-brothers, Earl Jr. (born 1955) and Kevin (born 1957), and one half-sister, Royce (born 1958) from the 18-year marriage of Earl Woods and his first wife, Barbara Woods Gray. Earl, a retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran, was of mixed African American, Chinese and Native American ancestry. Kultida (née Punsawad), originally from Thailand, is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch.[10] He refers to his ethnic make-up as “Cablinasian” (a syllabic abbreviation he coined from Caucasian, Black, (American) Indian, and Asian).[11]

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Tiger_Woods

There is no Dutch in Ms. Woods, she is simple Chinese/Thai. Why go into breaking down the different race relations. You are biracial simple to the point , I guess he want to minimalize his blackness. He is biracial but he is still dark!

#33 p14n0princess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

View Postbluestain, on 18 January 2010 - 08:53 AM, said:

oh course not, any educated person can tell you, you don't have to mixed with white to be attractive. This is just recent sterotype generated from the mass media. There is no fixed universal rule that dictates a person is attractive not based on their race or racial mixture. Beauty is a luck of the straw, simple as that.

If you look at film such as 'the world of suzie wong', mixed children where usually frown upon. Look at the actress who played suzie wong, Nancy Kwan, she is a eurasian born post world war 2. And being a person of mixed ancestry was not seen as attractive or anything special, so basically she was a eurasian born in the time.

But not if you flip the time zone around, 21st century, it's suddenly "cool"? But is it really? I still believe this is just a representation that mask the real truth. If you read Ghassan Hage idealogy of the the 'white nations fantasy', it not all true. In front of everyone, it may seen "cool", but underneath-the true reality -people still prefer their own kind.

So does this popular mentality of racial mixture just a faze and eventually the popularity will be shifted to the "pure" race beauty? what will the mentality be like in 30-50years later? Something to think about.

Just want to know out there for those who are mixed, if there was a war going on between two countries that you belonged to. How would you decide which country to choose? I guess this has to do a lot with which country you are living at the time and family etc. But would you feel lost? Do you ever think about being from a pure race, or are you proud for being mixed? Cheers.

#34 eyeshadow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

View PostGrayson, on 28 January 2010 - 05:17 AM, said:

Anime_UK! You have very colorful ways of referencing people. Now this remark offends me "cross breeding dogs"! I am biracial, who grew up in Britian and never experience problem with race until coming back to America. Yes , I am very pretty and, very fair but what is that, its the role of the dice. So please do not reference us as "MUTT" or CROSS BREEDING DOGS"

There is no Dutch in Ms. Woods, she is simple Chinese/Thai. Why go into breaking down the different race relations. You are biracial simple to the point , I guess he want to minimalize his blackness. He is biracial but he is still dark!

dude look up on wiki she has a DUTCH in her, I personally know a lot of asian with european ancestry, they are all look almost like her, very wide face, many philipine, thai and SEA have european ancestry, so many chinese and southeast asians, are so intermixed with white, even the japanese, that's why they look flatter, even japanese today look more and more like chinese even tho they only mix with white most of the times.

the doctor said was right, I've been observing this for quiet sometimes, basically if you're asian and mix with people of different phenotype, like white or black, then your kids marry back to asian line, then your kids kids will have wider face, I'm not kidding I see this pattern, I grew up with a lot of asian with european ancestry, usually one of their grandparents are white or half white they are one of the oddest asian Ive ever seen but they look so asian, so they always blame their asian side for their oddness, but that's not the truth

if you look at the philipines or thais a lot of them look odd because they have been mixing a lot, they have spanish and white american genes in them mix with chinese and native filipine, u'll see some of the oddest look of asian in their population

Edited by eyeshadow, 28 January 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#35 eyeshadow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

View Post6shot, on 27 January 2010 - 04:08 PM, said:

I think that would depend on the individual rather than a fact. I would think that two intelligent parents would produce an intelligent child (or should) ... but that all depends how they're raised and educated they become. As for physical ... again, there's no definite answer

That's an opinion. Not fact.

There are alot of good looking mixed Asians and perhaps some not so good looking. The genes you get has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the individual parents and which genes they inherit. They could have more than one child and any one after the first might get some genes the other didn't. Not that I'm saying any child after the first is neccessarily better. I'm just saying they can all turn out different
no that's a fact, why do you think theres a korean wave? because korean has the most attractive celebrities, and they are known as the most homogeneous asian, not even japanese has that racial pride they are mixing with a lot of people especially white, but look at them now, they look more and more like chinese while they discriminated against chinese the most

the problem is the more you mix the more random it become, look carefully the popluation that already mixed like filipinos ( with Spanish and white american due to hundreds of yrs of colonizations)
they tend to mix again coz they never find themselves attractive same as chinese, what I'm trying to say is that is a PATTERN not so random as most people keep saying.

now compare this:

Chinese vs Korean, chinese genetically are close to korean, but
chinese has been known by the west since the first century, and they have been intermixing for so long and for generations in other words chinese are extremly mixed people, it has been proven by genetic study, in other words chinese is the mixed version of korean

the west only known korean only after late 19 century
now the perception of the world is that chinese are ugly while korean is pretty, the same thing if you compare filipinos (with a lot of spanish and white american genes in them) and korean
the world perceived filipinos as ugly while korean as pretty

don't believe me? go to google and type this "why are koreans/chinese/filipinos"

and see the result,

why are koreans so tall 1,070,000 searches
why are koreans so good at starcraft 72,500 searches
why are korean girls so pretty 1,480,000 searches
why are koreawns so racist 2,450,000 searches
why are koreans so pretty 49,000,000 searches
why are koreans so rude 498,000 searches
why are koreans good at starcraft 20,800,000 searches
why are koreans so proud 1,990,000 searches
why are koreans so skinny 880,000 searches
why are korean guys so hot 1,900,000 searches

Why are filipinos so ugly
Why are Filipinos short
Why are filipino girls so pretty
Why are filipinos so rude
Why are filipinos so dark
Why are filipinos good singers
Why are filipinos so annoying
Why are filipinos stupid
Why are filipinos always late

Why are chinese people so ugly
Why are chinese people called zipperheads
Why are chinese people so smart
why are chinese eyes slanted
why are chinese people so rude
why are chinese people so skinny
why are chinese people bad drivers
why are chinese people good at math
why are chinese people yellow
why are chinese restaurants closed on mondays

#36 Anime_X

• Forum Crew
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

I didn't mean any offence by using the dog breeding analogy. But personally I think human beings are just animals and nothing special except for our very high IQ that allows us to be the dominant species. Im not saying that mixed race people are in anyway similar to dogs. But if your parents look good then the chance that their kids will look good too will be higher I guess.

#37 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

Why are Koreans good at Starcraft? lol. I think it's because they have "professional gaming tournaments" there lol. Really, I don't care. I just thought it was funny

I don't even care about the lists. Because they're all stereotypes, although in general they have some truth to it

I agree that Filipino girls usually don't look all that attractive

Zipperheads??? Never heard that one nor want to bother what it means

Not all Chinese people are bad drivers!!! Seriously

Edited by 6shot, 30 January 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#38 ladipeach

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

IDK about your statement......

I personally believe that by the year of 2050-3000 half (or more than half) of the world will be mixed. Of course, people will start marrying people in their own culture/race, but majority will start flocking out. Why? Because of the freedom to do so.

Things changes as the years go by. So the pure races will eventually mix with something.

Anyway, by 2050-3000, we will all be dead. The next generation will choose that 'pure- race' or 'no pure race.' So yeah, I guess we shouldn't care as much.

View Posteyeshadow, on 25 January 2010 - 03:12 AM, said:

http://oliverwillis....aayoungchee.jpg

http://sharing.wtnh....355_640_480.JPG
Posted Image

I know that this is off topic, and Im sorry. But why Is Anne Le's pic there? I don't think she's mixed, and I feel kind of (disturbed) that you are using a face of a girl who was brutally murdered. Is there another person you can use?

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 01 July 2010 - 08:34 AM.
when quoting, please replace img tags with links, thanks

#39 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

My response to the pics, especially the first girl, and the post with it .....

About 3rd generation Eurasians ... I don't believe it as fact. If they mix with Japanese ... what is to say it's a fact they will look South East Asian??? Especially if the parents aren't even dark skinned???

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but wasn't the first pic on another thread and said she was mixed with "Chinese, Indian and Caucasian heritage but just not limited to that"??? Of course she'll look dark skinned because she's part Indian (probably West Indian, to be specific) AND from Trinidad, where just about everyone is dark skinned. NOT a good example.

What are you trying to say??? That Japanese people look like that??? All with dark skin and those eyes???

So forget what you said

Edited by 6shot, 31 January 2010 - 09:26 AM.

#40 The Watcher

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

View Post6shot, on 31 January 2010 - 09:20 AM, said:

My response to the pics, especially the first girl, and the post with it .....

About 3rd generation Eurasians ... I don't believe it as fact. If they mix with Japanese ... what is to say it's a fact they will look South East Asian??? Especially if the parents aren't even dark skinned???

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but wasn't the first pic on another thread and said she was mixed with "Chinese, Indian and Caucasian heritage but just not limited to that"??? Of course she'll look dark skinned because she's part Indian (probably West Indian, to be specific) AND from Trinidad, where just about everyone is dark skinned. NOT a good example.

What are you trying to say??? That Japanese people look like that??? All with dark skin and those eyes???

So forget what you said

Oh 6shot, 6shot, 6shot...

The term West Indian does not define a race, it just defines a people from a geographic region, specifically the anglophone Caribbean. So, for example your chinese parents (if they are in fact from Trinidad at all) are West Indian. BTW: Trinidad is about 45% East or Asian Indian

as far as skin tone or facial features you cannot make any accurate predictions on how the child will look/appear. Too many recessive gene potential combinations to do so

View Postladipeach, on 31 January 2010 - 08:09 AM, said:

I know that this is off topic, and Im sorry. But why Is Anne Le's pic there? I don't think she's mixed, and I feel kind of (disturbed) that you are using a face of a girl who was brutally murdered. Is there another person you can use?

I thought she looked familiar. RIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users