SBS ‘You’re Beautiful’ to release Director’s Cut DVD

16 replies to this topic

#1 Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,099 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

[url=http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index.php?act=image&pid=830406][img]http://images.asianfanatics.net/gallery/albums/Korean-Series/You--39;re-Beautiful/thumb_YB 214.jpg[/img][/url]

SBS drama “You’re beautiful” (Script by Hong Jung Eun, Hong Mi Ran, Director Hong Sung Chang) Director’s Cut DVD is scheduled for release.

The writers of “You’re Beautiful” Hong Jung Eun, Hong Mi Ran recently revealed the plan for the release of the director’s cut dvd in a meeting with Newsen. The director’s cut dvd’s 16 episodes will be edited into 10 cds and is scheduled for release in January next year.

Writer Hong Mi Ran said “Because the story was weighted more heavily on Tae Kyung (Jang Keun Suk) and Mi Nam (Park Shin Hye)’s line, many of Jeremy (Lee Hong Ki)’s parts in particular were regrettably edited out.” And “Even though during the bus scene, all of Jeremy’s feelings of loss were portrayed to the maximum through great acting, it is a pity that we were not able to touch the audience well.”
As a result, the DVD will not only focus on Mi Nam, Tae Kyung but will also include content on Jeremy and Shinwoo (Jung Yong Hwa)’s stories which could not be included in the broadcasted version, making the episodes more complete. In addition, interviews of the actors and directors as well as OST will be included.
At the moment “You’re Beautiful” has been confirmed to be broadcasted in Japan, Taiwan and various Asian countries at the beginning of next year. On top of that, there is talk of creating a musical and movie of the drama.

Note: There is another article which states that the dvd will be released in 10 cds with 20 eps. But as far as the info goes, there will only be 16 episodes. However, it’s the same amount of footage and each episode will be extended, so dont worry, we’re still getting the same amount of video time.

source: [url="http://sookyeong.wordpress.com/2009/12/14/sbs-youre-beautiful-to-release-directors-cut-dvd/#more-23947"]kbites[/url]

#2 ion333

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

i really want to buy that DVD and watch those cuts of minam and jeremy sooo badly....and it's a good thing that even though YB doesn't gain that much support from their own country this awesome series still gets their deserved honor and fame from other countries (annd from the net)....also excited to watch it in my own country probably dubbed

#3 KatDiva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

Oh I read about this a couple of days ago! That is so exciting!

I would really like to see Jeremy and Shin Woo's roles more developed and hopefully have some backstory and more time with Mi Nam!

Now the long wait for the DVDs! LOL

#4 Katieluvsu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

I really want it too. ^^ I hope it comes out in America later on.

#5 ★JPOO'

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

[size="1"] woawwwwww this is soo exciting !! ireally wanted to watch more of jeremy ! because there were hardly any scenes of jeremy, just a little ! i cant wait for this ! yipeee. [/size]

#6 KyasarinNguyen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

Talks about a movie!!?? lol, That would be more better than a season 2.

#7 bunnahnah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:51 AM

Hm.. haven't watched this series yet. Sounds like a popular series. Cannot judge from the picture, will try several episodes...

#8 honeycake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:44 AM

i can't wait for it to come out.....

#9 chinoischick

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

Oh it would be sooo awesome if they can do a sequel in a movie with the entire cast (like Sex and the City).. Like life after happily ever after kinda thing. Can't wait to see the DVDs. Love to know more about Shin Woo and Jeremy's story.

#10 angelanne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:25 AM

I like one too for myself....And more of Jeremy and Shinwoo will really be nice.
But I am still for the main team ...which is Taekyung and Minyu
And a movie? I hope so or a Part 2...will be awesome...
I really love this series.

#11 eiz

♫ ♥...♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:03 AM

i want the DVD! but i am already expecting that it would be so expensive.
i really want YB to have a part two.. :)

#12 Almontel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

Yes, i was one of the YB addicts who had already pre-ordered the YB DC DVD for $120, shipping to US still not included. To those who are in Los Angeles, you can still catch this show on the tube, it's on every Wed and Thurs at 945PM on channel LA18, and someone also mentioned it's shown in NY too under TimeWarner Cable. Happy watching!!!
I truly love this sweet Kdrama! 100**********************************************

#13 victoria+onew♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:41 AM

OH my I want that!!! YB has become my all-time favorite Korean drama :]
Jeremy <3

#14 Katieluvsu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

>.< I want to buy it now. I don't really mind paying $120.

#15 xiaoxian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:47 AM

i can't wait for it to come out!!! i'm still missing this drama lots and suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms even though it's been almost a month now that You're Beautiful has ended! i'm just holding myself back from pre-ordering the DVD right away cuz i'm waiting to confirm if it will include eng subs. there'll be no point for me to buy this if i can't understand a word of what they say...i really hope they do include eng subs though, since overseas fans played a huge part in raising this dramas popularity!

#16 YunHo-Takki <3

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

i so want to buy this!!
YAB is such a masterpiece.
i want YAB season 2 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ♥starlight♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

I love You're Beautiful! It was such a touching story to me and I actually liked all of the characters in the story~ I'm glad this DVD version will include more of Jeremy~ Loved his character a lot ^^ It'll be so entertaining to see more of him and Shinwoo! I can't wait for the release of this version

I also wouldn't mind a Season 2!!! ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users